Thread Rating:

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
April 28th, 2022 at 5:59:15 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

wow___________7 Eleven has a deal they've had for a while______________any size iced coffee (cold brew) for $1.00_________and their coffee is good

their largest size is probably enough for many people for 2 days

I don't believe I can even make coffee at home that cheap _________incredible

if you consider quality and price together I believe 7 Eleven is crushing Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts

if their coffee is not quite as good, that's okay - it's close - no status in carrying around a 7 Eleven cup - a Starbucks cup give you high status in the community_____________________(~:\

link to original post

You have to have a membership card for the offer though if itís the same as it used to be. I HATE membership deal nonsense, donít like having to unnecessarily give my number out or have 50 different membership cards.

I cannot believe the drive thru lines some of these people will sit in for a cup of coffee (like Starbucks), such a time sink for a little caffeine. Starbucks coffee actually pretty much sucks anyways imo beans over roasted.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 198
May 11th, 2022 at 3:54:07 AM permalink

I feel pretty lucky
I live withing walking distance from a popular mall
the little clothing stores are closing left and right but the Food Court rocks steady and is probably the only thing keeping the mall profitable

beyond the mall are another 15 or so restaurants within walking distance
altogether maybe 30 restaurants within walking distance

my top picks in the low to medium price range - I don't eat at high price restaurants very often - so I'll ignore them in this post

Frank Pepe Pizzaria Napoletana - excellent and very different - you really feel like you've eaten a carefully prepared meal - not a snack

Sarku - their chicken teriyaki is really special to me - just $2.00 extra for double meat - their noodles are great too - they cook it on the grill for you after your order - it's not pre-made and put into bins like Panda Express is

Cava - Mediterranean style - very generous with the veggies - all that you want are included in your order for one price

Charley's Grilled Subs____________wow - their steak and cheese is really good

a couple of other Mediterranean joints are near me - they're not national chains - that food is real special to eat once in a while - they use some special spices - a way to give it great taste

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 215
May 11th, 2022 at 8:04:03 AM permalink
I've been slicing up ribeyes to mix with my salads but slicing the steak really thin had been problematic. I watched a youtube video and got the perfect hack. After letting the steak cool down, I stick it in the freezer for about twenty minutes. When you take it out, it is firmer and very easy to slice super-thin. Let the slices sit for a minute or three at room temp and then mix with the salad.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 11
May 11th, 2022 at 8:44:33 AM permalink
Ugh, now I'm saddened that I missed the ribeye sale at the meat locker last week. $50/5lb case.

"Enjoyed" some mediocre gas station pizza this morning. Really needed an extra 2 minutes in the oven before I got it to gratinate the cheese.
May the cards fall in your favor.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
May 11th, 2022 at 12:12:04 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I've been slicing up ribeyes to mix with my salads but slicing the steak really thin had been problematic. I watched a youtube video and got the perfect hack. After letting the steak cool down, I stick it in the freezer for about twenty minutes. When you take it out, it is firmer and very easy to slice super-thin. Let the slices sit for a minute or three at room temp and then mix with the salad.
link to original post

that is exactly how most restaurants slice meat thinly. I am surprised that you didn't know that from your many times in New York deli's (yes, an assumption on my part but you seem like a sandwich eater).
Order from chaos
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 215
May 11th, 2022 at 12:23:36 PM permalink
The deli's I frequented all used slicers, as far as I know.
I'm not a big bread person. On road trips, I'll roll slices of roast beef or turkey with swiss cheese. I save my carbs for pizza and pasta.
I'm really learning how to cook, especially cooking and eating healthy.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 198
May 12th, 2022 at 12:24:57 PM permalink

some of you guys like to cook

I cook a little bit too - simple stuff like burgers

and they're pretty good too

but then I always think to myself__________'how good could it really be if I cooked it'______?????_________________________(~:\

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 108
May 12th, 2022 at 12:44:17 PM permalink
Should've asked me yesterday - I went to a new burger place and got a Chili Cheeseburger, a Chili Cheese Dog, and some Chili Cheese Fries. It would have been better if the chili was something more than a few clumps of beef with some onion and tomato mixed in - especially for $25.

• Jump to: