Thread Rating:

Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
May 30th, 2018 at 6:06:30 AM permalink
I have milk chocolate skin complexion, long black hair, and brown eyes. I am 4'10 and about 200 pounds. What do you look like in real life? :D
Last edited by: Nathan on May 30, 2018
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
Thanked by
Romes
May 30th, 2018 at 6:18:35 AM permalink
I can’t even...
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
May 30th, 2018 at 6:18:53 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I have milk chocolate skin complexion, long hair, and brown eyes. I am 4'10 and about 200 pounds. What do you look like in real life? :D

I have just been told for the 5th time in my life, by a stranger, unprompted, that I look like Bruce Willis. I think it must be the generally bald head, and I'm white. My BMI is 24.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
May 30th, 2018 at 6:23:13 AM permalink
I think the better question is who have you been told that you look like.

I was once told that I look like Mike Krzyzewski. I think I should be offended as he is about 20 years older and not an attractive man.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Nathan
Nathan
May 30th, 2018 at 6:33:04 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I can’t even...

There's a rational and logical explanation for the reason I started this thread. I started this thread to clear up some doubts.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
May 30th, 2018 at 6:34:15 AM permalink
Oh good. Let’s hear it. (The explanation should have been in the first post btw)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
May 30th, 2018 at 6:39:34 AM permalink
I look like my avatar, why else would we have them?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
May 30th, 2018 at 6:41:25 AM permalink
In the last major poker tournament I was just in, someone asked me if I was Rick Moranis -you know, the nerd who was in Ghostbusters.

I said "Yes! And I'm making a new movie: 'Honey, I Shrunk My Stack.' " Everyone at the table cracked up.

I have had total strangers ask me whether I was Rick Moranis about 6 times. Life is cruel.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
beachbumbabsChuckleberryRS
May 30th, 2018 at 7:00:25 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I look like my avatar, why else would we have them?

I look just like my avatar too.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
May 30th, 2018 at 8:03:37 AM permalink
My avatar is a self-portrait drawn in one of my more lucid moments, using only my own blood, urine, and stool as pigments.
"What, me worry?"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 30th, 2018 at 8:10:16 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I think the better question is who have you been told that you look like.

I was once told that I look like Mike Krzyzewski. I think I should be offended as he is about 20 years older and not an attractive man.

You don't look like Coach K to me. He is, to women, an attractive man. You are not unattractive, either, but you don't resemble him.

If anyone on this forum looks like Coach K, it's Wizard.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
May 30th, 2018 at 8:12:14 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I have just been told for the 5th time in my life, by a stranger, unprompted, that I look like Bruce Willis. I think it must be the generally bald head, and I'm white. My BMI is 24.

You don't look like Bruce Willis to me. Different skull shape, no common features except the color of your eyes is in the same general range, different body types.

Why would complete strangers even ask you this.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
May 30th, 2018 at 8:18:16 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

You don't look like Bruce Willis to me. Different skull shape, no common features except the color of your eyes is in the same general range, different body types.

Why would complete strangers even ask you this.

You never saw someone and said.... Wow, you look like that movie star John Doe!? I am texting you a photo from my trip to Hard Rock in the Dominican Republic. Feel free to post it here if you want. I asked the guy how often he gets mistaken for Obama. He said no more than 30-40 times a day....

By different body types you mean he has some muscle tone?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
May 30th, 2018 at 8:28:59 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You never saw someone and said.... Wow, you look like that movie star John Doe!? I am texting you a photo from my trip to Hard Rock in the Dominican Republic. Feel free to post it here if you want. I asked the guy how often he gets mistaken for Obama. He said no more than 30-40 times a day....

By different body types you mean he has some muscle tone?

Kind of, but not really. He's chunky-bulky with wide shoulders, you're leaner and wirier (in contrast). You're both in shape, but he's a mesomorph, you're an ectomorph, I think are the right terms. I'll have to look it up.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
May 30th, 2018 at 8:31:36 AM permalink
I look like an uglier David Duchovny.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
May 30th, 2018 at 9:17:24 AM permalink
What do I look like in real life? I'm not even sure I have a real life. In my internet life, my avatar looks a bit like SOOPOO's, but with a bit darker undertone. I can't really remember who I used as my stand in for the various Spring Fling photos.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
May 30th, 2018 at 9:20:46 AM permalink
Sigh...

(I caught up in the Suspension Thread which is why the only thing I can do is sigh....)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
May 30th, 2018 at 9:29:01 AM permalink

You don't look like Coach K to me. He is, to women, an attractive man. You are not unattractive, either, but you don't resemble him.

If anyone on this forum looks like Coach K, it's Wizard.

I agree, I don’t think I look anything like him.

My Dad looked identical to Bobby Knight and my college roommates Dad looked just like Jerry Tarkanian.
When they were the together they would get stopped a lot for pictures.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
MrBo
MrBo
  • Threads: 1
May 30th, 2018 at 9:31:33 AM permalink
Is this really what this site is now? Members describing themselves or describing what other members look like?

This forum gets further and further away from what it used to be every day.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
Boz
May 30th, 2018 at 9:53:26 AM permalink
Amazingly this isn’t the stupidest thread that Nathan has created... that says something about the content here recently doesn’t it?
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
Boz
May 30th, 2018 at 10:08:59 AM permalink
Quote: MrBo

Is this really what this site is now? Members describing themselves or describing what other members look like?

It's not what this site is now. It is pollution that has not yet spoiled the wilderness. However, I don't have the right to arbitrarily kill every stupid thread posted, because we respect freedom of speech, and because by the time I see most of them, half a dozen people have responded in some way. As PG said, it's far from the most stupid thread Nathan has posted. I have to save deleting for content for only the most egregious inanity.

If everyone put Nathan on "ignore" or blocked her threads, it might help to stop it. But no, at least a few people are apparently enjoying this kind of junk posting. So I'm rolling with the flow. Putting a bit of slack in the rope.

Feel free to block her and/or all her threads. That's all I got for the moment.
klimate10
klimate10
  • Threads: 35
May 30th, 2018 at 10:25:27 AM permalink
It’s kind of becoming like the old LV Advisor.

Whatever the original intent of this site, WOV is now more of an entertainment and discussion site. All sorts of fallacies and myths get pushed on this site, sometimes without rebuttal from the mods.

The technical stuff is on WOO.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 30th, 2018 at 10:30:09 AM permalink
On almost every "specialty" forum site I've even been a part of, there's only so much you can talk about at any one time.

How many different gambling topics can we discuss on any given day? You need to have a healthy degree of "off topic" discussion sometimes to keep the forum active, otherwise people will just say "this forum's dead" and they won't come back.
MrBo
MrBo
May 30th, 2018 at 10:54:44 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Amazingly this isn’t the stupidest thread that Nathan has created... that says something about the content here recently doesn’t it?

Yes, exactly.

Quote: klimate10

It’s kind of becoming like the old LV Advisor.

Whatever the original intent of this site, WOV is now more of an entertainment and discussion site.

This is sad. I was just wondering if it was only me that thought so.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 30th, 2018 at 11:10:58 AM permalink

Well, you can always just start more gambling threads... I'm sure if they're good we'll all be happy to take part in them.
Nathan
Nathan
May 30th, 2018 at 11:39:35 AM permalink
I was hoping to avoid confusion by starting this thread if posters wanted to meet in real life so posters would know exactly who they are looking for when trying to meet in real life. :)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
May 30th, 2018 at 11:45:25 AM permalink

Yes, exactly.

I was just wondering why you went right past my direct response to you and continued disparaging the site.

You think we should arbitrarily ban all individuals and delete any post that doesn't directly pertain to gambling odds? Make your case.

You think, when you have the ability to not read posts you're not interested in, the ability to block posters you don't want to read, and the ability to block threads that don't engage you, you should instead complain about other members? Again, make your case.

Not saying you're right or wrong. Just unproductive, much like the posts and people you're objecting to.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
May 30th, 2018 at 11:49:55 AM permalink

I was hoping to avoid confusion by starting this thread if posters wanted to meet in real life so posters would know exactly who they are looking for when trying to meet in real life. :)

Naw.

If you were setting up a meeting in real life, you could easily do it by PM, by exchanging phone numbers, etc.

This forum is anonymous for many reasons. Your motives are known only to you, but don't include what you said here.

A completely unnecessary and counter-productive thread.
MrBo
MrBo
May 30th, 2018 at 12:13:49 PM permalink

I was just wondering why you went right past my direct response to you and continued disparaging the site.

You think we should arbitrarily ban all individuals and delete any post that doesn't directly pertain to gambling odds?

I intentionally didn't take your bait. I am not about to voice my criticism of how the site is moderated. I know the forum position. "If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass".

Nor are my comments directed specifically at the member named Nathan. I am just making a general observation, that this forum isn't what it used to be and in my opinion declines from it's former self each day. A person that read the forum 5-6 years ago and for whatever reason stopped and all of the sudden started reading again, almost wouldn't recognize it as the same forum.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
May 30th, 2018 at 12:27:35 PM permalink

I have milk chocolate skin complexion, long black hair, and brown eyes. I am 4'10 and about 200 pounds. What do you look like in real life? :D

If your objective is to prove you are who you say you are, and make it easier for anyone meeting you in person to find you.. then why not just post a picture of yourself ?
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 30th, 2018 at 12:31:20 PM permalink

Sir Grinder of Positivity Isle. I dig it.

And I almost gave an audible "wtf" about Willis/SOOPOO. Then I pictured SOOP. I can see it. Not enough to confuse the two, but enough to be fooled by a claim of relation.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
Boz
May 30th, 2018 at 12:36:50 PM permalink

I intentionally didn't take your bait. I am not about to voice my criticism of how the site is moderated. I know the forum position. "If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass".

Nor are my comments directed specifically at the member named Nathan. I am just making a general observation, that this forum isn't what it used to be and in my opinion declines from it's former self each day. A person that read the forum 5-6 years ago and for whatever reason stopped and all of the sudden started reading again, almost wouldn't recognize it as the same forum.

It wasn't bait. Let's have the conversation. What do you want to see? If it was so much more valuable to you 5 or 6 years ago, where have you been all this time? If you want better content, I invite you to participate.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
May 30th, 2018 at 12:42:41 PM permalink

What do you want to see? If it was so much more valuable to you 5 or 6 years ago, where have you been all this time? If you want better content, I invite you to participate.

Well that's just it.

Message boards have regular, active posters, and then there are the lurkers.

I've no statistics but I'd bet there are a helluva lot more lurkers here than regular posters.

Lurkers lurk in order to learn and to be entertained.

Obviously MrBo feels that the quality of the board is not what it once was.

It is not up to him to post in order to make it better; as a lurker he need only stop lurking.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 30th, 2018 at 12:44:26 PM permalink

A person that read the forum 5-6 years ago and for whatever reason stopped and all of the sudden started reading again, almost wouldn't recognize it as the same forum.

I absolutely agree. It's why I haven't
posted much in the last couple of
years. At some point this place became
obsessed with mods and moderation.
The main topic here seems to now be,
how many different ways can we discuss
the personalities of the members and the
way they're moderated. Those are the
important threads that never end. Boring..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
May 30th, 2018 at 1:04:31 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Well that's just it.

Message boards have regular, active posters, and then there are the lurkers.

I've no statistics but I'd bet there are a helluva lot more lurkers here than regular posters.

Lurkers lurk in order to learn and to be entertained.

Obviously MrBo feels that the quality of the board is not what it once was.

It is not up to him to post in order to make it better; as a lurker he need only stop lurking.

I invited him to participate. I think he's interesting.

When it's a board depending almost entirely on member postings for content, it is exactly the point to raise your game where you want the content to be. Be the change you want to see. A rising tide floats all boats. (Insert inspirational axiom here).

MrBo,

Bring your friends. Sounds like you have a large circle of pros and knowledgable players. Make yourselves at home, posting gambling threads, discussing fine points, educating us non-pros. C'mon over.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 26
May 30th, 2018 at 1:26:42 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Sir Grinder of Positivity Isle. I dig it.

And I almost gave an audible "wtf" about Willis/SOOPOO. Then I pictured SOOP. I can see it. Not enough to confuse the two, but enough to be fooled by a claim of relation.

I’m a positive person I think. Am I wrong about how many of these nonsense threads have been bogging down the forum lately?
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 30th, 2018 at 1:37:25 PM permalink

I’m a positive person I think. Am I wrong about how many of these nonsense threads have been bogging down the forum lately?

Is it that hard to avoid threads you don't wish to participate in. I do wish the person who started the thread was listed, as well as last person to post.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
May 30th, 2018 at 1:44:56 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Is it that hard to avoid threads you don't wish to participate in. I do wish the person who started the thread was listed, as well as last person to post.

It is listed, if you use the Recent Thread list, instead of the front page shortcut. It's also listed in subgroup trees, if you read from there.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
AxelWolfbeachbumbabs
May 30th, 2018 at 1:56:53 PM permalink

My understanding is you are a long time BJ pro. Which means you also understand why most pros don’t want to share too much information on current plays and situations. But myself and others would love to see you add valuable content to the forum instead of bitching about it.

At the risk of being accused of being an ass kisser AGAIN from banned members, what do you suggest is posted here. I don’t know which forums you post on but most I know about are cesspools of garbage from people barred from decent forums, drama queens and others like them not able to behave in mostly anonymous Internet forums.

This site has risen above that with rules that eliminate such behaviors, with accountability and multiple chances to change. While it’s never perfect, it’s far better than the competition. For every Mickey Crimm who added quality information to the forum, there are dozens of others I won’t mention because it only brings them joy seeing their names mentioned. And even Mickey knows he knew the rules and chose to post the way he lives his life, knowing what would happen.

You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution. Your choice.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
Thanked by
rdw4potusRomes
May 30th, 2018 at 2:08:18 PM permalink
I look like Darkoz's mask.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
Thanked by
SOOPOO
May 30th, 2018 at 2:24:15 PM permalink
I look like the guy who plays me on tv
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
May 30th, 2018 at 2:27:03 PM permalink

If you did not have these "nonsense" threads this place would be a ghost town.

What MrBo AND Evenbob said is absolutely correct.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
May 30th, 2018 at 2:29:50 PM permalink

There a lot of APs here with interesting stories and strategies

But they wont talk and they are not wrong on that either

There are mathematicians but how many break down threads are there. Plus once they start with algebraic formulas im sure the majority of lurkers move on

Ploppies are looked down on when they tell their losers stories

System believers are rightfully reviled

Its a difficult proposition to have great threads with those limitations
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 30th, 2018 at 2:54:35 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I look like the guy who plays me on tv

That's pushing it, Ace. I've seen
you and I've seen the TV videos.
There might be a resemblance,
but the TV guy is more handsome
and erudite. C'mon..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
May 30th, 2018 at 2:57:34 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

That's pushing it, Ace. I've seen
you and I've seen the TV videos.
There might be a resemblance,
but the TV guy is more handsome
and erudite. C'mon..

Curses, foiled again
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 30th, 2018 at 3:21:49 PM permalink
I am told that I look like Billbo Baggins and play blackjack as if I were a blind man.

Any thread dealing with "higher math" (multiplication, division, etc.) is beyond me.

I'm an AP at heart but not head. Of course that Active Shooter guy was an AP player at heart too.

Vegas never cares what a player looks like, only what their money looks like.

Poker rooms are the only places where your reputation with The Brush is not dependent upon how much money you have.
Last edited by: FleaStiff on May 30, 2018
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 30th, 2018 at 3:38:31 PM permalink

I’m a positive person I think.

As do I. Which is why I took your post as encouragement that it was getting better.

Oops =p
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Nathan
Nathan
May 31st, 2018 at 6:12:54 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

My avatar is a self-portrait drawn in one of my more lucid moments, using only my own blood, urine, and stool as pigments.

So you're Alfred Neumann, the MAD Mascot. :) You're an Icon! :D
  • Jump to: