Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 9th, 2018 at 1:48:01 PM permalink
Clean coal is obviously the future /s

China is absolutely laughing at us after their recent 86.5 billion investment in solar energy.

Their economy will continue to outgrow ours because of the Republican’s ability to trick their stupid minions into thinking that renewable engergy is a liberal scam. All because they are in the pockets of big oil.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
May 9th, 2018 at 1:52:47 PM permalink
Renewable energy will be consistently cheaper than fossil fuels by 2020, report claims.

10 years from now, oil companies will be throwing money at renewable energy, and oil company lobbyists will be throwing money at Republicans to get renewable energy bills passed.

Boz is right... this isn't all about the environment. It's also about money. And the smart money is on renewable energy.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 9th, 2018 at 2:01:41 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

I honestly would love to know why you are so bitter about America and American success stories. You seem to hate the companies, people and economic systems that built this country and continue to thrive in it while the rest of the world envies us.

Without getting suspended it’s hard to say but I have a few theories. But I’m sure you have a few about me as well.

Theories about you? No, not really. I hate to break it to you but about the biggest reaction I get from you or your post is a slight head shake. Occasionally I do a double take to make sure EB didn't hijack your account but other than that., nada.
I love success stories. I despise con men and have little affection for people dumb enough to fall for them. At the heart of every con is greed. Greed sucks. Greedy people suck. Some people worship it. Those people suck too.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 9th, 2018 at 2:06:34 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Naturally he won't admit he was WRONG either!

EB gets it wrong all the time
Remember his Ebola mania
Ebola is real real real hard to get
yet EB was going on and on with post after post saying how easy it could spread in this country
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 9th, 2018 at 2:15:44 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Remember his Ebola mania
yet EB was going on and on with post after post saying how easy it could spread in this country

Haha... I'm telling you guys, he's just trolling us. I guarantee you he doesn't believe 90% of what he says in these political threads.

Ignoring evidence that proves him wrong and never admitting it, never providing evidence for his claims, he's so sure that Hillary is running in 2020 yet refuses to bet on it, so much more....

He's exhibiting classing troll behavior.
terapined
terapined
May 9th, 2018 at 2:26:00 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Remember his Ebola mania

Haha... I'm telling you guys, he's just trolling us. I guarantee you he doesn't believe 90% of what he says in these political threads.

Ignoring evidence that proves him wrong and never admitting it, never providing evidence for his claims, he's so sure that Hillary is running in 2020 yet refuses to bet on it, so much more....

Another classic where EB gets it totally wrong

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/off-topic/15693-2016-election/579/#post511849
edwardjsmith
edwardjsmith
  • Threads: 1
May 9th, 2018 at 2:27:13 PM permalink

Remember his Ebola mania

The classic response when you disagree with someone, Been there, done that.
No ICE in my drink, PLEASE
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 9th, 2018 at 2:40:19 PM permalink
Quote: edwardjsmith

The classic response when you disagree with someone, Been there, done that.

*eyeroll*

I see that you're new here, so you really have no idea what's going on, with me or with EvenBob.

This is beyond disagreement. There are plenty of other people in here I disagree with and I have never accused them of trolling. Just EvenBob. In fact, I'm almost positive I have even agreed with him on some things, so it's certainly not about that.
terapined
terapined
May 9th, 2018 at 2:45:39 PM permalink

*eyeroll*

I see that you're new here, so you really have no idea what's going on, with me or with EvenBob.

This is beyond disagreement. There are plenty of other people in here I disagree with and I have never accused them of trolling. Just EvenBob. In fact, I'm almost positive I have even agreed with him on some things, so it's certainly not about that.

Another classic from EB

Quote: EvenBob

Obama is on TV telling us not to worry,
he thinks he has little chance of getting
Ebola. He hopes.

Could take 3 weeks to find out. What some are
most afraid of is that it gets to Central America
and there's a huge surge of frightened people
surging our border. That's a bigger scare than
Obola becoming a problem here. No, Obola
is not a spelling error.

ROTFL
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 9th, 2018 at 2:54:24 PM permalink

Another classic from EB

Is it EB or ZK that's the 9/11 truther?
billryan
billryan
May 9th, 2018 at 3:01:31 PM permalink
I believe ZK believes that, not sure about EB. To be certain, not 100% sure on ZK.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
May 10th, 2018 at 8:36:39 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Often mistaken but never in doubt.

Brilliant!

Should be his sig.
"What, me worry?"
MrV
MrV
May 10th, 2018 at 8:49:58 AM permalink
18 amazing scientific achievements in 2018:

see: link
"What, me worry?"
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
May 10th, 2018 at 12:23:30 PM permalink
Exactly how expensive are NAD treatments to reverse aging? Anyone have any experience with them?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
May 10th, 2018 at 12:47:58 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Exactly how expensive are NAD treatments to reverse aging? Anyone have any experience with them?

Quote:

What does NAD Therapy cost?
The average cost of the NAD Therapy is between $700 and $1200 a day. The variables that change the pricing structure are unique to each person, condition, dosage, and the duration of therapy.

http://nadtherapy.solutions/treatment-plans/

No experience with it.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
May 10th, 2018 at 2:03:31 PM permalink
I think its about $10,000 a month. I'm not aware of any insurance that covers any of it.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
Thanked by
petroglyphmcallister3200beachbumbabs
May 10th, 2018 at 2:18:55 PM permalink
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
gamerfreak
May 10th, 2018 at 4:37:15 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

I honestly would love to know why you are so bitter about America and American success stories. You seem to hate the companies, people and economic systems that built this country and continue to thrive in it while the rest of the world envies us.

I'll give this one a shot...

There's about $300 trillion in wealth in the world. Maybe it's less, maybe it's more. Maybe it's growing fast, maybe faster more. But one thing that is not arguable is that it is finite.

I can't see money as a reward. When you have built a society where the very necessities of life - food, water, shelter - are not available either in the environment naturally, or provided by said society, then money can only be a resource. And with any resource, it's not so much about the nitpicky envy of imbalance, it's the fact that incredible indulgences of a few can severely damage the balance of the environment. And while I can't speak for billryan, I can say openly and with enthusiasm that I think there are huge problems with the status of some of our corporations and their owners.

I happen to think it quite amazing the stories of pretty much any single retail giant. Men like Gates, Jobs, Zuck, Bezos... they have, within just a few short years of their lives, completely changed the course of humanity itself. However you judge the men and their products, it can not be argued that they've brought something unique and incredible into the world, and should be rewarded about as handsomely as one could be rewarded.

As yeehaw for freedom as I usually get, I suppose the above was expected. But I will admit suffering a fair bit of cognitive dissonance, because while I am pretty steadfast in belief of choice and free market, the atmosphere of today also makes me feel as though this is about the most dangerous scenario we have encountered in modern history.

I think I will always have a problem when the practice of "getting the best deal", the very essence of being successful, is applied to the human resource. It's hard for me to laud, or be inspired by, or support in many ways businesses who reward treachery. I certainly have a disdain for Facebook, Equifax, Wells Fargo, all those names, because of this reason. Appreciation for his genius in logistics aside, I have no love for Bezos who can acquire more money than god while not including in the spoils the people whose backs the success has ridden on. Perhaps things such as these are arguable, because I think it's fair to say these views lie within a persons' philosophy on life. Perhaps it's pointless to argue about such things because of this reason.

But the seriousness comes with today's political climate. When corps are considered citizens, pols are openly bought and sold, when there is not only a clear link but an obvious and well known fact that money has a far better chance of winning, when monopolies are as clear as day with no action, it's not only the "over harvesting" of a resource and a disparity in wealth, but it is a consolidation of power that damages the concept of "We the People". So when speaking about "success stories" such as these, you could probably count me as one who is "bitter about it". It's not envy. It's... apprehension. It feels like danger.

Maybe I'm wrong. Paranoid. But I haven't ever really heard a good counter argument. So, yeah. To the seven hells with them all.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 10th, 2018 at 5:29:23 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I'll give this one a shot...

There's about $300 trillion in wealth in the world. Maybe it's less, maybe it's more. Maybe it's growing fast, maybe faster more. But one thing that is not arguable is that it is finite.

I can't see money as a reward. When you have built a society where the very necessities of life - food, water, shelter - are not available either in the environment naturally, or provided by said society, then money can only be a resource. And with any resource, it's not so much about the nitpicky envy of imbalance, it's the fact that incredible indulgences of a few can severely damage the balance of the environment. And while I can't speak for billryan, I can say openly and with enthusiasm that I think there are huge problems with the status of some of our corporations and their owners.

I happen to think it quite amazing the stories of pretty much any single retail giant. Men like Gates, Jobs, Zuck, Bezos... they have, within just a few short years of their lives, completely changed the course of humanity itself. However you judge the men and their products, it can not be argued that they've brought something unique and incredible into the world, and should be rewarded about as handsomely as one could be rewarded.

As yeehaw for freedom as I usually get, I suppose the above was expected. But I will admit suffering a fair bit of cognitive dissonance, because while I am pretty steadfast in belief of choice and free market, the atmosphere of today also makes me feel as though this is about the most dangerous scenario we have encountered in modern history.

I think I will always have a problem when the practice of "getting the best deal", the very essence of being successful, is applied to the human resource. It's hard for me to laud, or be inspired by, or support in many ways businesses who reward treachery. I certainly have a disdain for Facebook, Equifax, Wells Fargo, all those names, because of this reason. Appreciation for his genius in logistics aside, I have no love for Bezos who can acquire more money than god while not including in the spoils the people whose backs the success has ridden on. Perhaps things such as these are arguable, because I think it's fair to say these views lie within a persons' philosophy on life. Perhaps it's pointless to argue about such things because of this reason.

But the seriousness comes with today's political climate. When corps are considered citizens, pols are openly bought and sold, when there is not only a clear link but an obvious and well known fact that money has a far better chance of winning, when monopolies are as clear as day with no action, it's not only the "over harvesting" of a resource and a disparity in wealth, but it is a consolidation of power that damages the concept of "We the People". So when speaking about "success stories" such as these, you could probably count me as one who is "bitter about it". It's not envy. It's... apprehension. It feels like danger.

Maybe I'm wrong. Paranoid. But I haven't ever really heard a good counter argument. So, yeah. To the seven hells with them all.

Beautifully said. Thanks.

We may differ on methodology, but we have many goals and values in common, We the People. Someday, if we can heal enough and see clearly enough that we can disregard the partisan distractions and obfuscatuon, maybe we can find and grow our country again.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 10th, 2018 at 6:44:01 PM permalink

So when speaking about "success stories" such as these, you could probably count me as one who is "bitter about it".

Not me, I love stores like Walmart. I mean
I love everything about it. I love the
convenience, the prices, the online stuff
I can have delivered. I love their return
policies. I love that they have AMEX
Bluebird right in the store, I no longer
have a bank account because of them.

You don't remember a time when there
was no Walmart, Face. You were born
when, about 1980? By the time you were
12 there were Walmart superstores all
over the place. I remember when I had
to go to 5 different stores to get what
I can buy under one roof at Walmart.

So I don't give a crap that ma & pa had
to give up the family candy shop because
Walmart moved in. It's called progress.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
billryan
billryan
May 10th, 2018 at 8:39:08 PM permalink
I never expected a post of Bobs to use the word progress as anything other than a left-handed compliment.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
May 18th, 2018 at 3:25:10 PM permalink
Yet another school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas today. This time it was a 17 year student who suddenly opened fire on his schoolmates. 10 people died and 10 people are seriously wounded. At least he is already in police custody. When will the madness stop? This is almost as bad as the Nicholas Cruz Parkland shooting at least this shooter was an active student in this school and Nicholas wasn't even supposed to be at that school in the first place as he had been permanently expelled two years before he shot up Parkland. I remember a surviving Parkland student asking "When will the madness stop? " With this newest shooting I also am asking "When will the madness stop? "
Last edited by: Nathan on May 18, 2018
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 18th, 2018 at 3:45:46 PM permalink

It is only finite to the point that the entire planet is finite. But wealth gets created all the time and generally keeps expanding. 300 years ago there was very little in terms of wealth in what is today the USA. Just settlers and Indians either hunting and gathering or farming mostly for subsistence. Look at things today.

Look at how much of the world has risen out of poverty since 1970. When I was a kid, China was a joke. A place where people were starving, so you ate the food on your plate as you had food they did not. One car per 10,000 people. If in 1980 you said that in a generation the market for cars in China would be larger than the USA they would have locked you up in the loony bin.

The comforts of the USA today were unknown when I was a kid. Central Air, new cars, and purebred dogs were signs you were "rich." Today way more common.

Who knows where it will be in 30 years. But as long as each generation tries to build new wealth and not just live off old wealth it will increase.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
AxelWolf
May 18th, 2018 at 3:47:22 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Yet another school shooting in Santa Fe, New Mexico today. This time it was a 17 year student who suddenly opened fire on his schoolmates.

You know why nobody ever shoots up
a police station? Because they shoot
back! Start arming teachers and have
armed patrols and the shootings will
stop. Duh..
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 18th, 2018 at 4:03:51 PM permalink

You know why nobody ever shoots up
a police station? Because they shoot
back! Start arming teachers and have
armed patrols and the shootings will
stop. Duh..

Grocery stores never get shot up, either. Or gyms. Or zoos. Or yoga studios. Or Disney World.

What's your logic there?
billryan
billryan
May 18th, 2018 at 4:13:58 PM permalink
People are too busy shooting up schools.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 18th, 2018 at 4:20:10 PM permalink

Grocery stores never get shot up, either. Or gyms. Or zoos. Or yoga studios. Or Disney World.

DW has metal detectors and armed security.
The rest don't have enough easy targets
the students age. If they thought they would
be shot at, the interest in shooting up schools
would disappear.
MrV
MrV
May 18th, 2018 at 4:36:08 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Yet another school shooting in Santa Fe, New Mexico today.

Huh?

It happened in Texas, not New Mexico.

Get your facts straight.
"What, me worry?"
Nathan
Nathan
May 18th, 2018 at 4:54:53 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Huh?

It happened in Texas, not New Mexico.

Get your facts straight.

The news anchor said it happened in Santa Fe and I only knew of Santa Fe, New Mexico until a quick check to Google which said Santa Fe is also in Texas. To the edit button! ;)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 19th, 2018 at 8:00:06 AM permalink

DW has metal detectors and armed security.

Disney World is 43 square miles of unguarded perimeter. All too easy to sneak in with a huge amount of destructive firepower and cause a large amount of damage. You don't have to go in through the front door.

Quote:

The rest don't have enough easy targets
the students age.

What are you talking about? Those are plenty of easy targets. Why does it have to be "student age" people being shot?

Quote:

If they thought they would
be shot at, the interest in shooting up schools
would disappear.

No, it wouldn't, because unlike your previous claim, police stations DO get shot at. And even military bases, for crying out loud. And where is all this extra money going to come from to hire hundreds of thousands of extra security to patrol these schools? We'd have to raise taxes, and we know how Republican politicians feel about raising taxes to provide for schools and education....
MrV
MrV
May 19th, 2018 at 10:14:05 AM permalink
I cannot blame kids today for being both outraged and scared to death about the issue of school shootings.

This is a fairly new phenomenon, one that just wasn't on the radar when we baby boomers were going to school.

Ask yourself two things: "Why now?" and "What can be done to stop it?"
Last edited by: MrV on May 19, 2018
"What, me worry?"
Nathan
Nathan
May 19th, 2018 at 10:18:35 AM permalink

I cannot blame kids today for being both outraged and scared to death about the issue of school shootings.

This is a fairly new phenomenon, one that just wasn't on the radar when we baby boomers were going to school.

Ask yourself two things: "Why now?" and ?What can be done to stop it?"

On another website someone agreed with me that excessive media coverage of school shootings is a major part of why schools keep getting shot up and they mentioned that the newest school shooter admitted he did it for the infamy. If the media would stop covering school shootings so much I truly believe that school shootings would drop significantly.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 19th, 2018 at 10:29:38 AM permalink

Disney World is 43 square miles.

What you and all Libs avoid is, schools
get shot up because it's literally fish
in a barrel. So your reaction is never
'lets solve the problem, lets try arming
teachers', it's always knee jerk, get rid
of ALL guns so that only the criminals
have them and not the citizens.

Never. Gonna. Happen.
MrV
MrV
May 19th, 2018 at 10:33:24 AM permalink
Schools have always had "fish in a barrel" but only fairly recently did school shootings become common place.

Got to be more than availability of easy targets.

Must have something to do with the issue of ingrained morality, of internal societal checks and balances on behavior.

We've gone on tilt.
"What, me worry?"
Nathan
Nathan
May 19th, 2018 at 10:49:54 AM permalink

Schools have always had "fish in a barrel" but only fairly recently did school shootings become common place.

Must have something to do with the issue of ingrained morality, of internal societal checks and balances on behavior.

We've gone on tilt.

In Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation, "Living In A World They Didn't Make," in the outro of the song there is a news report voiceover where it is mentioned that a gunman shot up a school and then committed suicide. The song came out in 1989, almost 30 years ago and just might as well have been released in 2018. I Don't Like Mondays song is a true song about a girl who shot up a school on a Monday IIRC because she didn't like Mondays. IDLM was released in 1979 but also could have been 2018. Columbine school shooting happened in 1999 and the shooters both committed suicide. These incidents seemed so scarce back then but nowadays they seem to be happening every couple of months. So damn sad. :(
MrV
MrV
May 19th, 2018 at 11:41:08 AM permalink
We owe it to the kids today to solve this existential problem.

The solution will probably be draconian.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 19th, 2018 at 3:33:17 PM permalink

Of course. Who are these deranged kids pissed
at, not the church down the road or the Walmart.
They're pissed at they're fellow students and
teachers and that's who they kill. And the schools
make it easy peasy, no gun zones, so the only
armed person is the perp..
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
May 19th, 2018 at 5:36:58 PM permalink

Of course. Who are these deranged kids pissed
at, not the church down the road or the Walmart.
They're pissed at they're fellow students and
teachers and that's who they kill. And the schools
make it easy peasy, no gun zones, so the only
armed person is the perp..

Ok Bob. You've said something like this a dozen or so times. Give me some details. Do you want every teacher to be allowed to carry? Be required to carry? Open or concealed? School administrators? The cooks? Janitors? 18 year old seniors in High School? All kids in college?
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 19th, 2018 at 5:44:51 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Ok Bob. You've said something like this a dozen or so times. Give me some details. Do you want every teacher to be allowed to carry?

Every teacher should get a carry
permit and prove they spend
1 hour a month at the shooting
range. I would sleep a little better
if my kid went to a school like that.
This continued pissing and moaning
about collecting all the guns from
us all is beyond stupid, never gonna
happen. So it's time for logical steps
instead of hysteria. The Left acts like
just one more massacre and the gun
collecting will begin. All 300 million
of them.
MrV
MrV
May 19th, 2018 at 5:50:19 PM permalink
While it would be cumbersome and impede traffic flow, several security stations with metal detectors at all school entrances would likely thwart murderous intent.
"What, me worry?"
GlenG
GlenG
  • Threads: 11
May 19th, 2018 at 7:05:15 PM permalink

While it would be cumbersome and impede traffic flow, several security stations with metal detectors at all school entrances would likely thwart murderous intent.

Some schools have many many entrances...Some schools are mostly outside..my K-5 school was outdoors..hallways were outside and they used mobiles for some of the classrooms.
GlenG
GlenG
May 19th, 2018 at 7:21:58 PM permalink
Deadpool 2 made $53.3m on Friday, making it the biggest R-Rated premiere of all time.

I saw it, thought it was fantastic.and is better at staying true to the comics as any MCU movie has ever done. Also, the end credits LOL
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 19th, 2018 at 7:25:34 PM permalink
Quote: GlenG

Some schools have many many entrances...Some schools are mostly outside..my K-5 school was outdoors..hallways were outside and they used mobiles for some of the classrooms.

This is the reason there is not a one-size-fits-all approach. The reality is the best approach is to make minimal changes because threat is so minimal. It is like after 9/11 when people wanted every little thing done. In the end the better approach was to profile travelers and do good, solid police work. It is why we now have the TSA pre-check. It gets the nonthreatening people out of the stream so others can be checked better. We still do not profile enough there, but at least they are not looking for knives in checked baggage anymore.

When the average student can go to school for over 500 years without an active shooter situation, there is no need to treat entering a school like entering a prison. Staff need to be trained for actual threats, not kids pointing fingers and yelling "BANG!" We could have more solid doors on classrooms to enable a lockdown if needed, though that leads to other problems.

IMHO, eventually an answer is public schools go to the charter school model. Kids get a stipend to attend a school of their choice. This would work wonders in getting the incompetent administration out of the loop alone.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
MrV
MrV
May 19th, 2018 at 7:38:58 PM permalink
In the News:

What was he thinking?
"What, me worry?"
GlenG
GlenG
May 19th, 2018 at 7:50:35 PM permalink