Thread Rating:

Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
March 30th, 2018 at 12:03:08 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Who is more mature, these kids or Trump?

Nobody knows more about maturity than Trump. Just like nobody loves the bible more than him. Sorry Pope Francis. You are SOL.

Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
March 30th, 2018 at 12:09:00 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

I would've thought 20 kindergartners getting gunned down would make enough Americans say enough is enough, but nah. Some day, enough of you guys are going to realize that you aren't part of a militia and the the 2A is indeed the "greatest piece of fraud ever put on the American public."

I'm kind of with Saint Ronnie on this one: http://articles.latimes.com/1994-05-05/news/mn-54185_1_assault-weapons-ban

And we keep buying.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1GD6NB

And donating

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/28/us/nra-donations-spike-parkland-shooting-trnd/index.html

Are you in favor of the government confiscating all of these legally purchased firearms? Or what is it you would like to see?
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
BozMaxPenRogerKintRS
March 30th, 2018 at 12:12:05 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Or what is it you would like to see?

Hillary's face on a milk carton
Boz
Boz
March 30th, 2018 at 12:16:51 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Hillary's face on a milk carton

Kids drink milk and it’s good for them. Why would you want to scare them like that?
wellwellwell
wellwellwell
  • Threads: 0
March 30th, 2018 at 12:27:37 PM permalink

Advertisers leaving Ingrahm's show. He's already making a difference.

Basically the country is divided 50/50 between D's and R's.

The advertiser, whoever that is, will lose a lot of business from Laura fans. They will be back once they see the results.

Years ago one of Rush's advertisers decided to take a stand and left his show over one of his comments. The company lost almost 75% of their business within a month. IIRC correctly they begged to come back and Rush told them to pound sand.

Business concerns need to take care of business. Whichever political stance they take will upset half their customers.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 30th, 2018 at 12:33:55 PM permalink
Quote: wellwellwell

The company lost almost 75% of their business within a month. IIRC correctly they begged to come back and Rush told them to pound sand.

You definitely don't recall correctly.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
ams288
March 30th, 2018 at 12:38:22 PM permalink

The advertiser, whoever that is, will lose a lot of business from Laura fans. They will be back once they see the results.

Years ago one of Rush's advertisers decided to take a stand and left his show over one of his comments. The company lost almost 75% of their business within a month. IIRC correctly they begged to come back and Rush told them to pound sand.

Business concerns need to take care of business. Whichever political stance they take will upset half their customers.

I am sure megaliths Expedia and Johnson & Johnson will crumble without Laura’s show propping them up.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 30th, 2018 at 12:40:09 PM permalink

And we keep buying.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1GD6NB

And donating

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/28/us/nra-donations-spike-parkland-shooting-trnd/index.html

Are you in favor of the government confiscating all of these legally purchased firearms? Or what is it you would like to see?

Confiscating? No. Phased in buyback program? Sure.

I want all weapons designed for military use that were never meant to be in the hands of civilians off the streets. That's what I want. Like I said above, I'm with Reagan on this one. Dude must be turning over right now.

My hope is that enough of you guys will come to the realization that Scott did:

wellwellwell
wellwellwell
  • Threads: 0
March 30th, 2018 at 12:41:01 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

You definitely don't recall correctly.

Hmmm, thanks to Huffington Post for this..............

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/03/carbonite-ceo-limbaugh-ad-regret_n_1738332.html
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
gamerfreak
March 30th, 2018 at 12:45:09 PM permalink

The company lost almost 75% of their business within a month. IIRC correctly they begged to come back and Rush told them to pound sand.

Sounds like a Trump tweet. "they came back begging" lol

Those companies didn't pull ads until Laura belittled a mass shooting survivor with a 4.2 gpa for not getting accepted into a few colleges. That's not a political stance. That's a moralility stance. Big difference.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
Thanked by
Steverinos
March 30th, 2018 at 12:54:38 PM permalink

I feel he is on the wrong side of the debate.

Conservatives are not doing a very good job of addressing that.

Okay, so let's say he's on the wrong side of the debate.

How does ignoring him and buying more guns help the conversation?

How does ignoring him and donating more money to the NRA help the conversation?

How does belittling him on Conservative media help the conversation?

I haven't been paying TOO much attention to this story, but it seems like these kids actually want to have a legitimate discussion about how to solve gun violence in this country, and too many Conservatives are saying, "Nope, not interested. Too busy buying more guns," instead of bringing their side of the issue to the table and maybe trying to correct where these kids are going wrong. And like I and others have said, if they keep getting brushed off and ignored, in five years or so when they're old enough to vote and run for local offices they might just be mad enough to get some laws passed that Conservatives will REALLY hate, and by then it will be too late.
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
Steverinos
March 30th, 2018 at 12:54:59 PM permalink

Hmmm, thanks to Huffington Post for this..............

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/03/carbonite-ceo-limbaugh-ad-regret_n_1738332.html

The article is literally titled:

Carbonite CEO: Limbaugh Ad Pullout Hurt Company, But ‘Things Would Have Been Worse Had We Not Done That’

Where is the part where the company "begged to come back and Rush told them to pound sand" ???

LOL
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
RogerKint
March 30th, 2018 at 1:27:53 PM permalink

Carbonite CEO: Limbaugh Ad Pullout Hurt Company, But ‘Things Would Have Been Worse Had We Not Done That’

Where is the part where the company "begged to come back and Rush told them to pound sand" ???

LOL

Bruh, these companies can’t survive without conservative support.

Just look at how convincing Alex Jone’s weight loss endorsements are:

TigerWu
TigerWu
March 30th, 2018 at 1:39:41 PM permalink
He got fatter... ??
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
March 30th, 2018 at 1:42:48 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

LOL

Bruh, these companies can’t survive without conservative support.

Just look at how convincing Alex Jone’s weight loss endorsements are:

100% risk of ruin
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 30th, 2018 at 1:44:45 PM permalink

You actually missed the BIG picture
This has actually nothing to do with politics
Laura Ingraham bullied a high school student
That's unacceptable
Its WRONG
You DONT bully children. Especially if you are an adult
These sponsors are not edgy companies. They count families as their customers
Bullying a child is wrong. No way a company wants to be associated with an adult that bullies children
It does not matter what the politics are of the bully or child
ITS JUST WRONG
Regardless of politics, its just bad business if your brand is associated with an adult that bullies children
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
RS
March 30th, 2018 at 1:50:27 PM permalink
Damn, Ed. Five "bully children"s in one post is gonna break our new, fancy search function ;)
100% risk of ruin
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
March 30th, 2018 at 2:23:47 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I haven't been paying TOO much attention to this story, but it seems like these kids actually want to have a legitimate discussion about how to solve gun violence in this country, and too many Conservatives are saying, "Nope, not interested. Too busy buying more guns," instead of bringing their side of the issue to the table and maybe trying to correct where these kids are going wrong.

Sandy Hook pretty much proved that no matter what happens, they'll just be a new excuse not to listen and try to do nothing.. These high school kids are too young to know anything worthwhile is just the current one.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
RogerKintRS
March 30th, 2018 at 3:48:29 PM permalink

I haven't been paying TOO much attention to this story, but it seems like these kids actually want to have a legitimate discussion about how to solve gun violence in this country, and too many Conservatives are saying, "Nope, not interested. Too busy buying more guns," instead of bringing their side of the issue to the table and maybe trying to correct where these kids are going wrong.

Speaking personally, it's because "legitimate discussion" always (always) begins with a faulty premise, that being "assault weapons" are somehow "more deadly to humans".

And I bring my side, and try with much effort to be open and helpful. But "legitimate" has nothing to do with it. Facts do not matter. It's an emotional thing, where these things do not necessarily come into play.

I happen to share a lot of those same emotions. But I don't make crucial decisions based on emotion, nor should it be encouraged by our leaders. So when I see it, I resist it. And if you attempt to encourage me to join, the proper answer is "Nope, not interested".
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 30th, 2018 at 4:13:16 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Speaking personally,

You have used the term, "bullet fingerprinting" and believe you used it in relation to your personal firearms? I had to look it up.

I was told that new firearms [don't know if they meant all] fire one round at the factory to record the ballistics and that is now entered into the national data base. Sometimes the casing from that round is included in the box?

Know anything about that?
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 30th, 2018 at 4:13:56 PM permalink

Speaking personally, it's because "legitimate discussion" always (always) begins with a faulty premise, that being "assault weapons" are somehow "more deadly to humans".

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the AR-15 seems to be the go-to weapon of choice for mass shooters. It's got nothing at all to do with its effectiveness at killing multiple targets in a short amount of time. That's probably not the reason it was designed for military use either. Just a big coinkidink.
  • Threads: 31
March 30th, 2018 at 4:17:45 PM permalink
It seems to me that gun right advocates are gasping for air when deal with facts, and are unable to articulate coherently and intelligently to express their positions/oppositions, and often time they exhort to mocking and attacking their opponents rather than debating the gun issues at hand.

While it’s true that a gun in the right hands at the right time and place can save lives, but when it is misused or is in the wrong hands can cause great collateral damages or secondary damages, and the victims of these damages are innocent bystanders. And due to many senseless killings and murders gun issue attracts big attention from the general public. Gun advocate side often compare gun v. other products hastily, unintelligently and apply false equivalency because they refuse to look at the risk/benefit, the need, and the collateral damages when make comparisons.

There is a good argument for gun as a survival tool in hunting and it is fair to say the Eskimo and those who live in highly remote area depend on gun for survival, but they don’t need AR-15 rifle or other assault weapons. And for the rest of us, hunting is considered a game or a hobby because processed meats and other agriculture products are plentiful and readily available.

Gun advocates often cites banning this or banning that, or banning things that are impossible to ban in their arguments because of their belief that “guns don't kill people - people kill people”.

Well, we cannot “ban” hurricane, earthquake, and tornado. But we have regulations such as building codes to minimize damages from these natural disasters.

We cannot “ban” cancer, virus, bacterial, flu, STD, and all other diseases. But we can do our best through research & innovation to make us healthier and prolong our lives. And we also have regulations to warn of potential dangers from these.

We cannot “ban” mental illness, crazy people, suicidal behavior, angry behavior, in-the-heat-of-passion emotion, and criminal. The truth is it is impossible to directly regulate mental illness and other human behaviors/emotions, but we surely can regulate gun ... Well, I let you fill in the blank here, and all I can say is this “guns don't kill people - people kill people” is a fallacious argument.

The point I’m trying to make here is although it is impossible to ban all the things cited above, but we still certainly can have sensible regulations dealing with them.

And then there are arguments that one has to be expert in gun or knowledgeable about assault weapon in order to talk about gun regulation or control. Really? Jury without criminology background routinely decides case where they are not expert in blood, gun, etc. You don’t have to be an accountant, or having knowledge of investment banking in order to invest in stock and bond. You don’t have to be a prostitute in order to talk about sex. No, one doesn’t have to be rocket scientist, or be knowledgeable about gun in order to talk about gun regulations. But one need is common sense and ability to articulate coherently and intelligently when discussing issues or regulations that effect our daily lives.

Let’s take a quick look at this rambling from Paradign,

Quote: Paradigm

Blah...Blah...Blah people… The kids don't get the ball over the goal line for any logical person just because they suffered a tragedy...while every rational person hurts for them and the nightmare they endured, that doesn't make those same kids any smarter about what can be improved with regard to gun legislation and how to get it accomplished. If a life tragedy makes you smarter about a subject, why aren't we putting the survivors of the FIU bridge collapse on TV telling us how to build better bridges and listening to them about new construction regulations? Because putting David and Emma up on stage shouting ridiculous statements and standing in silence for a some meaningful period of time makes for good TV & a good news cycle...if your in to that sort of thing...or if the ratings will make your network $$.

WFT! I don’t see any common sense, coherent & intelligent in the rambling above. Frankly, all I see from the rambling above is a message with full of anger and idiocy, I have no idea why a bridge collapse has anything to do with the heroic action demanding gun regulations taken up by the kids, who by the way are not expert in assault weapons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/16/opinion/repeat-repeal-second-amendment.html

I see a need for self-defense and protection, and I'm not advocating of repealing of the Second Amendment, but I'm in favor of tighter gun controls or regulations.
Face
Administrator
Face
March 30th, 2018 at 4:32:28 PM permalink

You have used the term, "bullet fingerprinting" and believe you used it in relation to your personal firearms? I had to look it up.

I was told that new firearms [don't know if they meant all] fire one round at the factory to record the ballistics and that is now entered into the national data base. Sometimes the casing from that round is included in the box?

Not deeply. Just the facts, man.

Roughly, the factory round is fired and the casing shipped with the firearm. The dealer upon receiving logs it into a huge database, in theory "fingerprinting" that gun. When a crime is committed and a casing located, it is examined and compared to this database, in an attempt to determine the gun and, therefore, the owner (I'm speaking purely of pistols, I do not know (and would assume not) if they do it for long guns).

And it's not the ballistics. It's much like an actual fingerprint, they record the scrapings and gouges made by the mag / wheel and the chamber / cylinder and the ejector arm, with the theory that these will be different across all guns on a microscopic scale. Problem is, it's a metal machine. They're all different, yes, but they constantly change with use.

I have no problem with this, in fact, I am very glad it was done. It's a good attempt at something that should actually work, that doesn't "infringe", and focuses on the gun that DOES kill all the people every year. But in practice, it's been a complete failure. Costs for all these programs run in the ten of millions and has done not a thing. The number of times bullet fingerprinting resulted in a conviction since its inception can be counted on one hand, if they got any. As such, it is factually a failure (despite being a great effort of sound mind and judgement) and should be discontinued.
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 30th, 2018 at 4:45:45 PM permalink

Not deeply. Just the facts, man.

Roughly, the factory round is fired and the casing shipped with the firearm. The dealer upon receiving logs it into a huge database, in theory "fingerprinting" that gun. When a crime is committed and a casing located, it is examined and compared to this database, in an attempt to determine the gun and, therefore, the owner (I'm speaking purely of pistols, I do not know (and would assume not) if they do it for long guns).

And it's not the ballistics. It's much like an actual fingerprint, they record the scrapings and gouges made by the mag / wheel and the chamber / cylinder and the ejector arm, with the theory that these will be different across all guns on a microscopic scale. Problem is, it's a metal machine. They're all different, yes, but they constantly change with use.

I wasn't [still] clear on what happens with the bullet? I wonder what it costs for Ruger to hire some flunky to go fire one off in a tank, collect it, microscope the ballistics and download it, per firearm. Is it more than say 25 bucks? I can see perps picking up their casings, but a wounded animal might run away with the bullet still in them till the coroner checks on them. The more robotics the more AI, etc., It doesn't seem like a large cost per weapon? PO PO on the other hand will spend all we got collecting ballistics and wait all day for the computer to spit out a match. But they were going to sit there eating donuts anyway. : )

Heck, recording ballistics is something they could outsource.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 30th, 2018 at 5:47:33 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

yeah, you're wrong

the average person gets way more out of S.S. and Medicare then what they put it

I haven't taken my S.S. yet but I know that IN THE FIRST YEAR ALONE I will get back almost as much as I put in

do you think conservatives are going to turn down help from the government when their house is damaged due to a hurricane and they don't have flood insurance?

do you think conservatives are going to advise their kids to turn down a reduced cost and higher risk student loan for their kids that is reduced cost and higher risk because it is guaranteed by the U.S. government?

do you think conservatives are going to turn down a real estate deduction on their taxes - which is free money for homeowners?

because owning a home is so critical to the American way of life? give me a break

How am I wrong? I said I disagree with SS and I don't think it should (have ever) exist(ed). It's a broken system. If someone pays into it, they should get what they deserve, not way more than they paid into it. At this point, it's so far gone you can't really dismantle it but you can't keep it going.

I don't think anyone would turn down help if they didn't have hurricane or fire insurance. IMO, that'd be stupid. However, that doesn't mean such a system should be in place.

You'd also be stupid not to take a real estate deduction on your taxes. I'm taking all the deductions I possibly can. It doesn't mean it's "free money" it means I'm getting screwed less and paying less money into a s*** system that's broken.

Quote: darkoz

Yea thats why all those concentration camp prisoners were so healthy. Those 40 day fasts really work well towards promoting health

They fed them though. That was the problem, they fed them too much food. To do it properly they should have fed them nothing.

Quote: AxelWolf

When I saw this David Hogg's picture at first, I thought, this kid looks like a school shooter himself.

He's literally Hitler!!

Quote: 777

It seems to me that gun right advocates are gasping for air when deal with facts, and are unable to articulate coherently and intelligently to express their positions/oppositions, and often time they exhort to mocking and attacking their opponents rather than debating the gun issues at hand.

While it’s true that a gun in the right hands at the right time and place can save lives, but when it is misused or is in the wrong hands can cause great collateral damages or secondary damages, and the victims of these damages are innocent bystanders. And due to many senseless killings and murders gun issue attracts big attention from the general public. Gun advocate side often compare gun v. other products hastily, unintelligently and apply false equivalency because they refuse to look at the risk/benefit, the need, and the collateral damages when make comparisons.

There is a good argument for gun as a survival tool in hunting and it is fair to say the Eskimo and those who live in highly remote area depend on gun for survival, but they don’t need AR-15 rifle or other assault weapons. And for the rest of us, hunting is considered a game or a hobby because processed meats and other agriculture products are plentiful and readily available.

Gun advocates often cites banning this or banning that, or banning things that are impossible to ban in their arguments because of their belief that “guns don't kill people - people kill people”.

Well, we cannot “ban” hurricane, earthquake, and tornado. But we have regulations such as building codes to minimize damages from these natural disasters.

We cannot “ban” cancer, virus, bacterial, flu, STD, and all other diseases. But we can do our best through research & innovation to make us healthier and prolong our lives. And we also have regulations to warn of potential dangers from these.

We cannot “ban” mental illness, crazy people, suicidal behavior, angry behavior, in-the-heat-of-passion emotion, and criminal. The truth is it is impossible to directly regulate mental illness and other human behaviors/emotions, but we surely can regulate gun ... Well, I let you fill in the blank here, and all I can say is this “guns don't kill people - people kill people” is a fallacious argument.

The point I’m trying to make here is although it is impossible to ban all the things cited above, but we still certainly can have sensible regulations dealing with them.

And then there are arguments that one has to be expert in gun or knowledgeable about assault weapon in order to talk about gun regulation or control. Really? Jury without criminology background routinely decides case where they are not expert in blood, gun, etc. You don’t have to be an accountant, or having knowledge of investment banking in order to invest in stock and bond. You don’t have to be a prostitute in order to talk about sex. No, one doesn’t have to be rocket scientist, or be knowledgeable about gun in order to talk about gun regulations. But one need is common sense and ability to articulate coherently and intelligently when discussing issues or regulations that effect our daily lives.

WFT! I don’t see any common sense, coherent & intelligent in the rambling above. Frankly, all I see from the rambling above is a message with full of anger and idiocy, I have no idea why a bridge collapse has anything to do with the heroic action demanding gun regulations taken up by the kids, who by the way are not expert in assault weapons.

I see a need for self-defense and protection, and I'm not advocating of repealing of the Second Amendment, but I'm in favor of tighter gun controls or regulations.

Speaking of which, I see no common sense, coherent or intelligence in the rambling above. I also love how you disprove "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" without using a single word. You just said it -- and poof, it's disproven! Quite impressive.
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
darkoz
March 30th, 2018 at 6:01:28 PM permalink
Quote: RS

He's literally Hitler!!

That is.... a raised fist. You think you're fooling anybody? (Other than yourself).

THAT is a Nazi salute.
  • Threads: 31
Thanked by
ams288
March 30th, 2018 at 6:07:39 PM permalink

How am I wrong? I said I disagree with SS and I don't think it should (have ever) exist(ed). It's a broken system. If someone pays into it, they should get what they deserve, not way more than they paid into it. At this point, it's so far gone you can't really dismantle it but you can't keep it going.

I don't think anyone would turn down help if they didn't have hurricane or fire insurance. IMO, that'd be stupid. However, that doesn't mean such a system should be in place.

You'd also be stupid not to take a real estate deduction on your taxes. I'm taking all the deductions I possibly can. It doesn't mean it's "free money" it means I'm getting screwed less and paying less money into a s*** system that's broken.

They fed them though. That was the problem, they fed them too much food. To do it properly they should have fed them nothing.

He's literally Hitler!!

Speaking of which, I see no common sense, coherent or intelligence in the rambling above. I also love how you disprove "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" without using a single word. You just said it -- and poof, it's disproven! Quite impressive.

On several encounters with you before I had made statements about your lack of reading comprehension, and I hate to say this again, your reply has proven to me one more time about your reading skill. May be it is too much to ask you, or to ask anyone with reading disability to read my entire discussion, all I want is for to read just one paragraph ... Oh, well, I don't think you can, so just ignore my request.
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 30th, 2018 at 6:22:10 PM permalink

On several encounters with you before I had made statements about your lack of reading comprehension, and I hate to say this again, your reply has proven to me one more time about your reading skill. May be it is too much to ask you, or to ask anyone with reading disability to read my entire discussion, all I want is for to read just one paragraph ...

Quit it with the insults. Which paragraph do you want read? I see about nine or ten paragraphs, IIANM? Was there one or ten, so us following along can understand what you are requesting, not just RS. Thanks.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 30th, 2018 at 6:28:55 PM permalink

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the AR-15 seems to be the go-to weapon of choice for mass shooters. It's got nothing at all to do with its effectiveness at killing multiple targets in a short amount of time. That's probably not the reason it was designed for military use either. Just a big coinkidink.

I think mass shooters use the AR-15 because it's "sexy."

The military adopted it, the Vietnam War popularized it, and so did movies and TV after that (in America), which led to it being mass-produced for the public. It's effectiveness is just a side-effect. I don't think mass shooters are saying to themselves "I'll use the AR-15 because it can cycle rounds with X force and blah blah blah." They're using it because that's what they know, because that's how that weapon has evolved in our culture.
terapined
terapined
March 30th, 2018 at 6:37:04 PM permalink

He's literally Hitler!!

Are you serious or is this some kind of sick joke
David Hogg literally Hitler???????????
WTF. This is real sad. Why the disgusting hatred?
I get you don't agree with him but to compare him to somebody so evil
What is it with some conservatives that feel so threatened by teens that they have to smear them
They are just kids
Kyle kashuv is also a survivor from MSD HS
He supports gun rights, met with Melania and Donald personally and has been on FOX
I don't agree with Kyle but no way would I compare him to Hitler. No way I go as low as RS smearing teens simply because he disagrees. Kyle has a right to speak up about gun rights. I applaud him for speaking up even though I disagree with him
Kudos to Kyle. Keep it up. Speak your mind. This is America. I totally respect Kyle.
Its really sick to compare a Parkland teen to Hitler simply because you disagree with his politics
I disagree with Kyle Kashuv's politics but I totally support his free speech and actually encourage it
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 30th, 2018 at 6:52:09 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Are you serious or is this some kind of sick joke
David Hogg literally Hitler???????????

I think he's referencing this....
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
terapined
March 30th, 2018 at 7:07:25 PM permalink
The Hitler thing was a joke....I directly quoted & replies to Axel’s post saying he looks like a school shooter. I actually haven’t read anything about David Hogg or the other people y’all talking about (Laura and now Kyle?). I should have used the [sarcasm] tags. My sincerest apologies.
Boz
Boz
March 30th, 2018 at 7:09:42 PM permalink

The Hitler thing was a joke....I directly quoted & replies to Axel’s post saying he looks like a school shooter. I actually haven’t read anything about David Hogg or the other people y’all talking about (Laura and now Kyle?). I should have used the [sarcasm] tags. My sincerest apologies.

In the words of Camera Hogg when asked if he accepted Laura’s apology “No”.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
March 30th, 2018 at 7:10:45 PM permalink
There definitely seems to be some momentum for changes to current regulations:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-vermont/in-gun-friendly-vermont-lawmakers-pass-firearms-control-bill-idUSKBN1H61RN
Will the Republican Gov veto it or sign it?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
Thanked by
RS
March 30th, 2018 at 7:15:15 PM permalink

We disagree on a lot of stuff rs but i thought that was a well written apology without any sarcasm so i believe you meant it

I will accept it
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
March 30th, 2018 at 7:20:16 PM permalink

And check this one out

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/380273-fake-photo-of-parkland-student-ripping-up-constitution-goes

The far right is just despicable in their smear tactics

Doctored a photo of parkland survivor and gun control activist tearing up US constitution when she was actually tearing up a target practice paper
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 30th, 2018 at 7:29:12 PM permalink

And check this one out

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/380273-fake-photo-of-parkland-student-ripping-up-constitution-goes

The far right is just despicable in their smear tactics

Doctored a photo of parkland survivor and gun control activist tearing up US constitution when she was actually tearing up a target practice paper

It's a long time Conservative tradition.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"
Barry Goldwater, Godfather of the Modern Conservative movement.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
March 30th, 2018 at 7:39:56 PM permalink

Accepted. Yours sounds genuine. Laura on the other hand. well
terapined
terapined
March 30th, 2018 at 7:55:14 PM permalink

In the words of Camera Hogg when asked if he accepted Laura’s apology “No”.

Yup
These teens are playing hard ball.
It was a weak self serving apology and the teens are milking it.
Smart
Keeps them in the news
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
March 30th, 2018 at 9:05:59 PM permalink

On several encounters with you before I had made statements about your lack of reading comprehension, and I hate to say this again, your reply has proven to me one more time about your reading skill. May be it is too much to ask you, or to ask anyone with reading disability to read my entire discussion, all I want is for to read just one paragraph ... Oh, well, I don't think you can, so just ignore my request.

Personal insult. It has been nine months since your last one, so we'll reset the clock to three days.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Face
Administrator
Face
Thanked by
RS
March 30th, 2018 at 9:50:46 PM permalink

I wasn't [still] clear on what happens with the bullet? I wonder what it costs for Ruger to hire some flunky to go fire one off in a tank, collect it, microscope the ballistics and download it, per firearm. Is it more than say 25 bucks? I can see perps picking up their casings, but a wounded animal might run away with the bullet still in them till the coroner checks on them. The more robotics the more AI, etc., It doesn't seem like a large cost per weapon? PO PO on the other hand will spend all we got collecting ballistics and wait all day for the computer to spit out a match. But they were going to sit there eating donuts anyway. : )

Heck, recording ballistics is something they could outsource.

I think we're conflating two separate actions.

Fingerprinting the bullet itself I think is more an action of 5-0 and their investigators. In cases where a round is retrieved (in a person, dwelling, etc), AND a suspected weapon found, the suspected weapon will have a round fired to compare it to the round found at the scene. That, I assume, is completely on 5-0's dime.

The fingerprinting program I speak of, I remembering nothing being done with the bullet, only the casing. Just rip one into the backstop and keep the brass.

Again, you're literally at your computer. I don't know what else to say, or how else to say it. It's not a coincidence, it is a f.a.l.s.e.h.o.o.d. I feel like I'm being trolled, here. All one need do is type in "guns used in mass killings" and read for 5 minutes.

According to Mother Jones, I count 99 (+/-2) mass shootings in my lifetime. According to CNBC, using the same timeline, there have been 13 committed by AR-15 and similarly styled weapons.

Literally millions and millions of these guns. And in 35 years, they've gone bad but 13 times.

Most homicides? Nope. Most criminal activity? Nope. Most stolen? Nope. Most used for ill? Nope. Most used in mass shootings? Nope. Most used in school shootings? Nope.

There is no debate. I don't know how else to show this to you.
discflicker
discflicker
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
RogerKintpetroglyphZenKinG
March 30th, 2018 at 10:45:42 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Personal insult. It has been nine months since your last one, so we'll reset the clock to three days.

This discussion has obviously heated to the point of flinging insults. Here is my take on this...

Our media has built an obvious "wall of polarization" for us to argue over as a two-sided affair... right vs. left, Dems vs. Republicans, mediated by Fox news vs. CNN / MSNBC. I can see their impact in the very words being posted and argued here in this thread.

What many are forgetting is that the media is actually the propaganda arm of the deep state. EVERYTHING that we see and hear from the media is tightly controlled and presented exclusively for the goals of the deep state. They have us arguing with each other over meaningless tripe whilst distracting us from the issues that are really important, for example, the GENOCIDE being committed in Yemen and Syria, the massive sales of military weapons world-wide, and the attack upon humanity by big-pharma, big-agra, and the medical industry.

ZenKing may be obsessed with this, but he is right about a lot of it. The "deep state" are the real masters of America, and they control everything we eat, drink, breath, and medicate ourselves with. They are the rich a-holes that own big-pharma and the military industrial complex. They know that people need opposing points of view in order to feel free. That's why they give us the two-party system. But as Gerald Celente calls it, these are really just the "Bloods and the Crypts".... two gangs of thugs for us to pick and choose from.

We all need to step back from our televisions and from Hollywood, who are constantly bombarding us with propaganda. We need to recognize why they say the things they're saying... are they reporting the news or trying to establish an opinion? What is their underlying purpose? For example, remember those commercials for plastic like about 20 yeas back? Did anyone wonder why we had to see them? Who was paying for them?

If you notice, there seems to be a lot of commonality on both sides... even as they seem to be arguing, still, "both sides" have the same underlying agenda... MORE MILITARY, MORE BIG-CORPORATE POWER, LESS HUMAN RIGHTS, LESS DISCLOSURE, AND A SLEW OF HIDDEN AGENDAS INCLUDING GENOCIDE IN PLACES WE NEVER EVEN KNOW EXIST.

We are mostly being played by the media and controlled by the deep state into thinking that we are free and that we can argue about current events and topics that we know about. The deep state provides our list of discussion topics, and we never see the really important ones. Again, here is a video that discusses one of the most important ones... something that you won't ever see on Fox news OR CNN, because they are both controlled by the deep state...

The #3 leading cause of adult death is now the medical industry itself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRBvMQBucxg
Death by Medicine a film by Gary Null
1:36:00

If you understand how much control they have over us, and if you know what they have planned for everyone of us (to be hooked for life on deadly drugs and enslaved by the medical mafia), then you might understand why this gun-debate is just another way for us all to be tested and diagnosed with mental illnesses, with the ultimate goal of getting more of us hooked for life. I have repeated this like 5 times on this thread by now... we are now getting pressure from "both sides" to enforce more psychiatric testing and "treatment", more security, and more invasions of our privacy. And all of this is so the deep-state can control us even more, PERIOD!!!

My father was born in Berlin Germany and he barely escaped with his life... most of my great-grand parents were slaughtered. My dad saw they way the German government, along with the German media, converted millions of reasonable, intelligent, well-to-do citizens into Jew-hating monsters. My dad always told me "NEVER AGAIN", and what he meant was not to never again let the Jews be persecuted... he meant never again let the media lie to you and talk you into doing what you know in your heart to be wrong!!

It was WRONG to make up lies about WMDs and Anthrax and then use it as an excuse to attack Iraq for no frickin' reason. But OUR GOVERNMENT, and OUR MEDIA convinced us that we needed to do it. And sure enough, we all sat up all night and watch it live on TV... our country attacking a sovereign nation without any provocation or reason... the deep-state just made a ton of money on the weapons sold, the clean-up contracting, and on the hard-drugs they sold to our own military, used by our own soldiers. In hindsight, the war on Iraq was a TOTAL DISASTER for everyone except for the deep-state billionaires who actually profited from it.

I am asking everyone here to keep this in mind... don't focus on the trivial garbage they want us to argue about... try to find what they're not telling us... the important and meaningful events that are really impacting everyone in the world; and then try doing something about it. You won't learn these things by watching Fox and CNN... you will only be distracted by the deep-state.
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 30th, 2018 at 10:51:13 PM permalink

Indeed. Seems y'all are too entrenched in the emotional aspect to see the logic, and I lack the compassion to be moved to action. Perhaps someday we'll find each other. Until then, guess I'll play with gamerfreak for a bit now, since I missed his post yesterday...

I'll address this. In and of itself, the folks (school children) advocating for the reduction of gun violence do not understand the very low likelihood of it happening. Nonetheless, given the actions that Americans have taken to do things like prevent people from poisoning tylenol bottles, from getting on planes with bombs made from bottles of Aquafina or Adidas, reacting to the bombing of the WTC with two wars costing trillions of dollars, and the "war on drugs", my experience of living in America is a population that lives in fear and in a heightened state of anxiety.

The fear, I think, comes from a 24 hour news cycle, from extremist politics on both sides and a declining society where the rich keep getting richer and the poor and middle class are finding it harder to reach the American dream, whatever the hell that is. What is it, anyway? A white picket fence? Home ownership? Free porn? A rifle collection? I dunno. Anyone who watches live TV gets a dose of things that are supposed to make you happy. Anyway, back to fear.

So the fear drives the 2A right nuts and it drives the repeal folks too. Fear that the government wants to do away with your guns. Fear that at any moment, you might get attacked by a home invasion. Fear that your school is next. The same people who cry out that the odds of a school shooting are so low also neglect the fact that the odds of having to use your gun to protect yourself are equally as low.

What the people of Parkland are asking for is the same level of craziness that y'all go to when someone walks through DTW with shoes that light on fire, or when someone decides to put a deadly agent in a bottle of tylenol, or someone with a peanut allergy walks on a plane. All of it is NUTS and it is fairly unique to America.

I'll put it in akin to Trump saying that he wants America to say, "Merry Christmas" again. Why is he not advocating then for Good Friday (Jesus' death on the cross) to be a Public Holiday. A Christian knows that His Death and Ressurection are just as important as His birth. So why not at least mention Good Friday in his tweets? Because he truly DGAF about Christianity. Unlike Pence.

There is common sense middle ground, but it takes alot of thought and energy to go there. Unfortunately it will never happen because extremes on both sides will demand something reactionary now rather than thinking it through. Hell, we've done it on this forum long enough and haven't come up with anything agreeable.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 30th, 2018 at 11:02:38 PM permalink
Quote: discflicker

This discussion has obviously heated to the point of flinging insults. Here is my take on this...

While I appreciate your level of paranoia, I think you are seeing something that isn't there. I believe that you may be seeing the effect of ultimate capitalism for the motive of profit and greed over anything else.

They have us arguing with each other over meaningless tripe whilst distracting us from the issues that are really important, for example, the GENOCIDE being committed in Yemen and Syria, the massive sales of military weapons world-wide, and the attack upon humanity by big-pharma, big-agra, and the medical industry.

There are many things to add to this list of things that matter.

Quote: df

these are really just the "Bloods and the Crypts".... two gangs of thugs for us to pick and choose from.

The government hasn't been setup for a third party but it likely could really benefit from one, but it isn't the Tea Party.

We all need to step back from our televisions and from Hollywood, who are constantly bombarding us with propaganda. We need to recognize why they say the things they're saying... are they reporting the news or trying to establish an opinion? What is their underlying purpose?

We should always look at motives, but I don't see anything that leads to a massive global conspiracy. Propaganda seems to have a sinister effect. I still contend that is all about money.

...INCLUDING GENOCIDE IN PLACES WE NEVER EVEN KNOW EXIST.

People outside of the United States or anyone who watches world news knows about Syria, Yemen, Rwanda, and a myriad of other places where these things are occurring.

.. something that you won't ever see on Fox news OR CNN, because they are both controlled by the deep state...

I still believe the motive is profit and not government advancements.

The rest of the post gets into a level of paranoia that I don't think you can support with substantiated facts.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
discflicker
discflicker
Thanked by
ZenKinG
March 30th, 2018 at 11:36:06 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

While I appreciate your level of paranoia, I think you are seeing something that isn't there. I believe that you may be seeing the effect of ultimate capitalism for the motive of profit and greed over anything else.

RIGHT... AND IT IS THERE! CHECK!

There are many things to add to this list of things that matter.

CHECK!

The government hasn't been setup for a third party but it likely could really benefit from one, but it isn't the Tea Party.

CHECK!

We should always look at motives, but I don't see anything that leads to a massive global conspiracy. Propaganda seems to have a sinister effect. I still contend that is all about money.

CHECK!

People outside of the United States or anyone who watches world news knows about Syria, Yemen, Rwanda, and a myriad of other places where these things are occurring.

CHECK!

I still believe the motive is profit and not government advancements.

CHECK!

The rest of the post gets into a level of paranoia that I don't think you can support with substantiated facts.

???

Of course its about money, it always is. You agree with each of these points, but you sense and overall level of paranoia that I can't support with sustained facts? Like WHAT, exactly? The problem is that we all need to be MORE paranoid, if anything. AND YOU AGREE!

To be clear, as it applies to this discussion about about gun legislature in response to the Parkland school shooting, MOST OF THE SCHOOL SHOOTERS WERE ON PSYCHOTROPIC MEDS!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOYWFEet5K8
Psychiatric Drugs and School Shootings, with Peter R. Breggin, MD 6m, 58s

How many people know this at all??

Isn't THAT what the real issue is?? Is the real issue about guns or is it about the ACTUAL CAUSE OF THE SHOOTING(s)?? That these drugs caused these shootings!!

AND WHY HAS THE DISCUSSION BEEN DIRECTED AWAY FROM THE PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGGING OF OUR CHILDREN AND TOWARDS GUN LEGISLATURE??

BMINGO, you already know the answers:

1) It's about money, because big-pharma sponsors most of the media we see. They're the last ones to let the cat out of the bag.

2) Its about power, because the deep state wants America disarmed and they set the agenda that the media tell the public.

They have us arguing over the stupid bump-stocks and everyone agreeing that MORE PSYCH SCREENING and more gun-registration will help. It will only help the medical mafia to have more innocent people classified as needing more of the drugs they're peddling, and it will only help put everyone on government watch lists... how are those working out for our privacy and security??

They also directed the discussion away from the failure of the police who were right there and could have protected the children.

Instead of praising the ability of armed citizens to protect us from these situations, they try disarming us even further and side-stepping what happens when we depend on the police to protect us. Instead of identifying the cause of these shootings as the medications that caused it, they want even MORE psych screening and MORE prescribing of these addictive substances!!

IS THIS TRUE OR NOT?

How am I being paranoid, pointing this out??
Last edited by: discflicker on Mar 31, 2018
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
darkoz
darkoz
March 31st, 2018 at 12:12:33 AM permalink

Our media has built an obvious "wall of polarization" for us to argue over as a two-sided affair... right vs. left, Dems vs. Republicans, mediated by Fox news vs. CNN / MSNBC. I can see their impact in the very words being posted and argued here in this thread.

What many are forgetting is that the media is actually the propaganda arm of the deep state. EVERYTHING that we see and hear from the media is tightly controlled and presented exclusively for the goals of the deep state. They have us arguing with each other over meaningless tripe whilst distracting us from the issues that are really important, for example, the GENOCIDE being committed in Yemen and Syria, the massive sales of military weapons world-wide, and the attack upon humanity by big-pharma, big-agra, and the medical industry.

ZenKing may be obsessed with this, but he is right about a lot of it. The "deep state" are the real masters of America, and they control everything we eat, drink, breath, and medicate ourselves with. They are the rich a-holes that own big-pharma and the military industrial complex. They know that people need opposing points of view in order to feel free. That's why they give us the two-party system. But as Gerald Celente calls it, these are really just the "Bloods and the Crypts".... two gangs of thugs for us to pick and choose from.

We all need to step back from our televisions and from Hollywood, who are constantly bombarding us with propaganda. We need to recognize why they say the things they're saying... are they reporting the news or trying to establish an opinion? What is their underlying purpose? For example, remember those commercials for plastic like about 20 yeas back? Did anyone wonder why we had to see them? Who was paying for them?

If you notice, there seems to be a lot of commonality on both sides... even as they seem to be arguing, still, "both sides" have the same underlying agenda... MORE MILITARY, MORE BIG-CORPORATE POWER, LESS HUMAN RIGHTS, LESS DISCLOSURE, AND A SLEW OF HIDDEN AGENDAS INCLUDING GENOCIDE IN PLACES WE NEVER EVEN KNOW EXIST.

We are mostly being played by the media and controlled by the deep state into thinking that we are free and that we can argue about current events and topics that we know about. The deep state provides our list of discussion topics, and we never see the really important ones. Again, here is a video that discusses one of the most important ones... something that you won't ever see on Fox news OR CNN, because they are both controlled by the deep state...

The #3 leading cause of adult death is now the medical industry itself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRBvMQBucxg
Death by Medicine a film by Gary Null
1:36:00

If you understand how much control they have over us, and if you know what they have planned for everyone of us (to be hooked for life on deadly drugs and enslaved by the medical mafia), then you might understand why this gun-debate is just another way for us all to be tested and diagnosed with mental illnesses, with the ultimate goal of getting more of us hooked for life. I have repeated this like 5 times on this thread by now... we are now getting pressure from "both sides" to enforce more psychiatric testing and "treatment", more security, and more invasions of our privacy. And all of this is so the deep-state can control us even more, PERIOD!!!

My father was born in Berlin Germany and he barely escaped with his life... most of my great-grand parents were slaughtered. My dad saw they way the German government, along with the German media, converted millions of reasonable, intelligent, well-to-do citizens into Jew-hating monsters. My dad always told me "NEVER AGAIN", and what he meant was not to never again let the Jews be persecuted... he meant never again let the media lie to you and talk you into doing what you know in your heart to be wrong!!

It was WRONG to make up lies about WMDs and Anthrax and then use it as an excuse to attack Iraq for no frickin' reason. But OUR GOVERNMENT, and OUR MEDIA convinced us that we needed to do it. And sure enough, we all sat up all night and watch it live on TV... our country attacking a sovereign nation without any provocation or reason... the deep-state just made a ton of money on the weapons sold, the clean-up contracting, and on the hard-drugs they sold to our own military, used by our own soldiers. In hindsight, the war on Iraq was a TOTAL DISASTER for everyone except for the deep-state billionaires who actually profited from it.

I am asking everyone here to keep this in mind... don't focus on the trivial garbage they want us to argue about... try to find what they're not telling us... the important and meaningful events that are really impacting everyone in the world; and then try doing something about it. You won't learn these things by watching Fox and CNN... you will only be distracted by the deep-state.

The interesting thing is if any rich corporate billionaire is a deep-state operative it would be donald trump

I dont know why poor and middle class working people feel a born millionaire turned billionaire through lying corporate bankruptcies and money laundering is one of them

Why do evangelists believe a wife cheating multiple marriage woman crotch grabbing lying pornstar sleeping and bribing guy is one of them

This will probably be one of socio-politics main studies for the next 100 years
discflicker
discflicker
March 31st, 2018 at 12:32:08 AM permalink

The interesting thing is if any rich corporate billionaire is a deep-state operative it would be donald trump

I dont know why poor and middle class working people feel a born millionaire turned billionaire through lying corporate bankruptcies and money laundering is one of them

Why do evangelists believe a wife cheating multiple marriage woman crotch grabbing lying pornstar sleeping and bribing guy is one of them

This will probably be one of socio-politics main studies for the next 100 years

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about... darkoz, you are obviously distracted by the media into Trump Derangement Syndrome, care of CNN and MSNBC. Most people watching FOX would blame Hillary Clinton for helping propagate the deep-state. But both Trump and Clinton are getting a LOT of money from big-pharama and both would agree to take the exact course of action I am trying to warn everyone about.

Look at my edited post to bmingo above, please. You are distracted, can't you understand?
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
AxelWolf
March 31st, 2018 at 12:50:01 AM permalink

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about... darkoz, you are obviously distracted by the media into Trump Derangement Syndrome, care of CNN and MSNBC. Most people watching FOX would blame Hillary Clinton for helping propagate the deep-state. But both Trump and Clinton are getting a LOT of money from big-pharama and both would agree to take the exact course of action I am trying to warn everyone about.

Look at my edited post to bmingo above, please. You are distracted, can't you understand?

Sorry what did you say? My tv was too loud
discflicker
discflicker
Thanked by
ZenKinG
March 31st, 2018 at 1:09:08 AM permalink

Sorry what did you say? My tv was too loud

Very funny. You're really making me laugh, trying to get me pissed off by attacking Trump, as if I voted for him. This is serious matter, and you're acting like a chimp, echoing these exact mainstream-media distractions that you've been programed to regurgitate. THIS IS HOW THE PEOPLE OF GERMANY WERE CONVINCED TO HATE JEWS AND THINK THEY COULD DOMINATE THE WORLD. Don't underestimate the power of propaganda to convince intelligent people into stupid beliefs. Haven't you ever been wrong about anything in your life because you were talked into it? Like the wars in Iraq?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
March 31st, 2018 at 1:49:20 AM permalink

Most homicides? Nope. Most criminal activity? Nope. Most stolen? Nope. Most used for ill? Nope. Most used in mass shootings? Nope. Most used in school shootings? Nope.

Putting on my Kung Fu TV hat.

Grasshopper: So many things in my mind, how do I know what is most important?

Master Po: Here is a pebble.

Grasshopper: Do you want me to take it from your hand?

Master Po: No Grasshopper I want you to put in your sandal. Make sure it stays under your right heel.

Yes, Master. I don't understand the lesson?

No matter, I want you to walk to Peking every day starting when the sun rises.

Yes, master.

[The walk to Peking was long taking nearly half a day round trip]

In a week, the Grasshopper begs to see the Master.

Greetings young Grasshopper. How are you?

Master, I can't think about anything but my go*damn fu***ng foot is killing me. I don't think I can take this any longer.

Master Po: You have learned well. Now go, and don't hang yourself in the future.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Jump to: