Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
  • Threads: 5
March 15th, 2018 at 7:50:02 AM permalink
Why is BBB the only user/mod who never shows up on the CURRENTLY ACTIVE MEMBERS and/or MEMBERS WHO HAVE VISITED THE FORUM TODAY list?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
RSMission146
March 15th, 2018 at 7:52:51 AM permalink
Quote: Homelessnyc

Why is BBB the only user/mod who never shows up on the CURRENTLY ACTIVE MEMBERS and/or MEMBERS WHO HAVE VISITED THE FORUM TODAY list?

I believe you can hide your status in the settings.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
Thanked by
ams288Mission146petroglyphrdw4potusmiplet
March 15th, 2018 at 8:44:47 AM permalink

Why don't you just do what I do and focus on the CONTENT of her posts.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
Mission146Romesrdw4potus
March 15th, 2018 at 8:53:50 AM permalink

Who cares?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
March 15th, 2018 at 8:59:19 AM permalink
I actually don't think it's a bad idea and maybe I should have done it. I didn't think Admins could be hidden, but I probably just never noticed it with BBB and I certainly never inquired if we could.

(EDIT) I just realized I would have seen BBB as an Admin...so, of course I didn't notice!!! I'm an idiot.

I think it's a good idea because, otherwise, someone might be inclined to post something inflammatory (after looking at Members Online Now and seeing no Green) only to Edit it out a few minutes later after they think the person in question saw it. Nope. No dice. Turns out BBB is on and you didn't know it, and now it's quoted.

I don't know if that's the reason for it. Maybe she had that setting before she was Green and just never changed it back. I think that's probably the case.

EDIT (AGAIN): Yeah, from my PoV, she hasn't been on today. Just checked. I wonder what else I have to relearn.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
March 15th, 2018 at 9:06:23 AM permalink
Maybe BBB is the secret mod

She keeps it secret when she is here
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
Thanked by
Mission146RS
March 15th, 2018 at 9:10:36 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I believe you can hide your status in the settings.

Thanks for providing the only answer instead of the ignorant and classless replies from the other users.
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
March 15th, 2018 at 9:11:14 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Why don't you just do what I do and focus on the CONTENT of her posts.

Why dont you either help answer a valid question or gfo
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
March 15th, 2018 at 9:12:55 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Who cares?

Apparently i do, thanks for continuing to show your level of intelligence.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 15th, 2018 at 9:34:03 AM permalink

The answer is, before I was a mod, I was being stalked in a minor way by someone on here. I changed my user settings so I could come and go without being tracked, and never changed them back. I can see everyone (including me), so like Mission, didn't realize people couldn't see me: i had forgotten the setting was still on.

Are you stalking me now? Does it matter to you if I'm here or not before you post? Just wondering, since you're being so defensive and rude to almost everyone who replied to you.

Fwiw, to anyone who GAS, I'm on here nearly every day. Part of the job.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
rsactuary
March 15th, 2018 at 10:07:21 AM permalink

Apparently i do, thanks for continuing to show your level of intelligence.

So quick to resort to personal insults...

Take a chill pill, homelessnyc!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Joeman
Joeman 
  • Threads: 36
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 11:10:19 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The answer is, before I was a mod, I was being stalked in a minor way by someone on here. I changed my user settings so I could come and go without being tracked, and never changed them back. I can see everyone (including me), so like Mission, didn't realize people couldn't see me: i had forgotten the setting was still on.

Are you stalking me now? Does it matter to you if I'm here or not before you post? Just wondering, since you're being so defensive and rude to almost everyone who replied to you.

Fwiw, to anyone who GAS, I'm on here nearly every day. Part of the job.

So now there are invisible mods in addition to the secret mods? Oh, noes!! What is this? The KGB? The Tal Shiar? Are you sure you mods aren't watching us through our laptop's camera? Heavens to Murgatroyd!

[/feigned paranoia] :)
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Mission146
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 11:31:23 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

So now there are invisible mods in addition to the secret mods? Oh, noes!! What is this? The KGB? The Tal Shiar? Are you sure you mods aren't watching us through our laptop's camera? Heavens to Murgatroyd!

I guess I will miss the Live Link Hidden Cam v.3.9, now that I think about it. The update from v3.8 gave us phone cameras, too. (Kidding, obviously, I’d hope.)

There are more schladies posting here secretly than you guys think.

Other than Nathan, I mean.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 11:37:32 AM permalink
deleting, I always make jokes and it turns out to be true so nevermind
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 11:47:48 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

deleting, I always make jokes and it turns out to be true so nevermind

It was a good joke and not true.

Secret Mod? No thanks.

Full Disclosure:

I have a few special permissions so I can Edit articles. I think that gives me a couple others residually because it’d be difficult to change, as I understand it. See, you don’t Edit Articles from the page with the Article actually on it.

Anyway, I have a few residuals that it would be a huge pain to take away and that I will never use. Can’t. Not a Secret Admin. Be in hot water if I did use them.

I did want them taken away, and that’s why it took a few days for me to be blue.

It’s just that it’d be silly to send an Email and wait several hours to correct a typo pointed out to me. Can do it myself faster than even sending the Email would be.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 11:57:56 AM permalink
B.W.O.

4LIFE.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 12:03:13 PM permalink
Why does Babs name turn red when you hover over it? No one else's does this. Is it an Easter egg?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
March 15th, 2018 at 12:11:07 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

deleted

GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 12:18:04 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

It was a good joke and not true.

Secret Mod? No thanks.

Full Disclosure:

I have a few special permissions so I can Edit articles. I think that gives me a couple others residually because it’d be difficult to change, as I understand it. See, you don’t Edit Articles from the page with the Article actually on it.

Anyway, I have a few residuals that it would be a huge pain to take away and that I will never use. Can’t. Not a Secret Admin. Be in hot water if I did use them.

I did want them taken away, and that’s why it took a few days for me to be blue.

It’s just that it’d be silly to send an Email and wait several hours to correct a typo pointed out to me. Can do it myself faster than even sending the Email would be.

About 2 years ago I made a joke about something APs could do to stay anonymous. It was such an outlandish thing that it was obviously a joke. I had about 13 people PM telling me to remove my post because it is something that is being done.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
Thanked by
Mission146Joeman
March 15th, 2018 at 2:06:30 PM permalink

Sounds more Obsidian Order-like. Canon has them using camouflage more... Garak as a gardener and all of the Cardassians made to look like Bajorans. Not to say that the Tal Shiar doesnt use these methods... Just The Order is a better fit.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 15th, 2018 at 5:32:06 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

B.W.O.

4LIFE.

What does this mean? Not following you.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Mission146
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 5:45:30 PM permalink
I think he was referring to the, "Blue World Order," professional wrestling stable of the late-90's or early-2000's. The Blue World Order were a stable of, "Jobbers," (guys whose, 'job,' is pretty exclusively losing matches) and was created as a semi-parody of the N.W.O., a wrestling stable that started consisting mainly of top talent, and stood for New World Order, in the mid-late 90's to very early 2000's.

Yes, I was a devoted wrestling fan once. For some time, too.

Um...I don't want to talk about it anymore. I'm a little embarrassed.

Attitude Era for life!!!!

Okay, I'm done.

Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your @$$! Give me a Hell yeah!"

I really need to stop. My all-time favorites are Triple H as a heel, but only with Chyna and the, "Higher Brain Pattern," theme song for the brief period before that tune became, "My Time," I liked The Rock as a heel, preferably as leader of the Nation of Denomination with the laid-back kind of subdued theme, I liked Owen Hart in any capacity with his beautiful Enziguri, (He made it look so effortless!)...

Okay, make it five. Two more. Steve Blackman with his cool incorporation of martial arts into the thing and Ken Shamrock for being a legitimate bad-you-know-what.

Oh, and Hunter-Hearst-Helmsley (Triple H) with the whole Connecticut Blue Blood thing in his original WWF persona. Still HHH, so that's still five.

I really am done this time.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 5:47:04 PM permalink
I ghost but somehow it's not fool proof.
I am a robot.
Mission146
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 5:48:23 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Why does Babs name turn red when you hover over it? No one else's does this. Is it an Easter egg?

Looks like any Admin when you do that, to me.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
Thanked by
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 8:54:09 PM permalink
Many members choose to hide their online status. But you can still see the last time they visited by clicking on their name.

Quote: ahiromu

Sounds more Obsidian Order-like. Canon has them using camouflage more... Garak as a gardener and all of the Cardassians made to look like Bajorans. Not to say that the Tal Shiar doesnt use these methods... Just The Order is a better fit.

DS9 references. Well done.
What about Q?
Mission146
Mission146
March 15th, 2018 at 9:04:48 PM permalink
You guys want to sign up at DT and start a Star Trek TNG thread, I’m in. Don’t get me started on that here! Don’t know much DS9, just TNG and Voyager.

Unique math equation with Voyager:

7 of 9 = 10
  • Jump to: