Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
February 22nd, 2018 at 5:05:29 PM permalink
About kids under 18 being able to legally purchase guns, in many cases, an adult, preferably a parent, legal guardian or parental figure has to be there to give legal consent. I saw a hidden camera show filmed in Texas where kids were legally buying guns but the adult was giving consent. The parents reasoning was something like,"You never know when my 13 year old is going to protect himself against someone trying to harm him or us or rob us." He had a good point. I remember a teenager saying in an article that she needed to protect her family when an armed intruder went into their house to burglarize them.

She said something like,"I have literal kid siblings and an 80 year old grandmother living in my house. I had to protect my family and couldn't take any chances. She took the family gun that her parents taught her to use responsibly and protected her family with it." It has to do with how emotionally and mentally responsible the underaged minor is if they should be able to legally purchase a gun.

13 year old Bobby who wants to use a gun to shoot his bullies who laughed at his haircut? Bad idea. 13 year old Patrick who will only shoot if his or someone else's life is in danger? Good idea.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
February 22nd, 2018 at 5:43:39 PM permalink
It’s not illegal on a Federal level for a minor to possess a long barrel firearm.

But in most states it’s not legal unless hunting or at a range and only parental supervision.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
February 22nd, 2018 at 7:24:45 PM permalink
As far as arming students for a polite society. Since we're talking about teens. Give a bunch of teen boys fast cars and tell them to drive carefully. See how it goes.

Either teachers or guards, but students?

I was in a bow & arrow class as kid. It's fine when adults are watching all the time. I'm not so sure we wouldn't have had a kid with an arrow in him, just from tomfoolery on our own.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Jump to: