LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
Joined: May 19, 2016
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 398
July 4th, 2017 at 6:18:54 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

On what? It's legal to possess it in Nevada. What can they do? Call ahead and tell the cops in NY someone has a small amount of pot on them?



Didn't you get the memo?

Our new Attorney General has directed all (federal) law enforcement (think broadly here...) to enforce anti-drug laws to the fullest extent allowed by statute. Plus, Feds get a portion of other seized assets (money, car as you are leaving the airport parking lot, etc.) from a drug "bust."
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 85
  • Posts: 889
July 4th, 2017 at 6:30:38 AM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow


Our new Attorney General has directed all (federal) law enforcement (think broadly here...) to enforce anti-drug laws to the fullest extent allowed by statute.


those are just words. typical of the u.s. government to issue a document with words that they then do not subscribe to. Marijuana is still against federal law everywhere including the states that have legalized it. there are huge marijuana enterprises: retailing, distributing, warehousing, growing and shipping that have not been touched since the new administration took power. the huge operations are fearful, but so far nothing has been done to stop them. also, washington d.c. has legalized private growing and using of recreational marijuana right under the nose of the national headquarters of the fbi and dea. think about it.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jul 4, 2017
everybody wants to go to heaven. but nobody wants to die.
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
Joined: Nov 30, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 73
Thanks for this post from:
petroglyph
July 4th, 2017 at 8:06:57 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

cannabis oil for pain relief with the active ingredient thc removed is probably legal everywhere in the u.s. there is some controversy about whether or not it is legal but it is being sold by amazon and it is not on the FDA's banned substance list. the oils get excellent reviews on amazon.



I'd suggest being careful on this line of thinking. This article:

http://hightimes.com/news/politics/dea-cbd-oil-is-not-legal-in-all-50-states/

would seem to differ. Late last year the DEA implemented a new rule that declared CBD oil to be a class 1 drug; same as heroin and cannabis:

http://kightoncannabis.com/dea-clarifies-marijuana-extract-rule-and-cbd-legality/

At this point I think a lot of the issues are still as clear as mud :)

On the edible side, there is a company that is working on a system that will reduce the time for edibles to be absorbed by the body:

http://www.lexariaenergy.com/about/

From that page:
Quote:

Lexaria’s propiertary technology delivers the following advantages for cannabinoid edibles:

Masks taste – eliminates the strong tastes in cannabinoid edibles, enabling zero-sugar formats.
Reduces time of onset – effects are felt within 15-20 min vs. 60-120 min.
Increases bio-absorption – by 5 – 10X, to equate or excel that of inhalation.



So some of the issues about absorption may be reduced in the future.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 3255
Thanks for this post from:
djatc
July 4th, 2017 at 10:43:22 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Curious to see how TSA handles weed at the airport. They are not law enforcement.,



I have a friend that works TSA at the airport and he said that they just ignore any normal amounts of pot. Not their concern.
Mooseton
Mooseton
Joined: Sep 6, 2010
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 504
July 4th, 2017 at 4:33:18 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I have a friend that works TSA at the airport and he said that they just ignore any normal amounts of pot. Not their concern.



Can't tell if that's an RS impersonation or not. :)
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
zippyboy
zippyboy
Joined: Jan 19, 2011
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1088
July 4th, 2017 at 7:06:55 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I have a friend that works TSA at the airport and he said that they just ignore any normal amounts of pot. Not their concern.


I take weed with me on every flight to Vegas. And I've even flown to Texas twice since legalization in Washington, and never even gotten a raised eyebrow. I just think ahead and not create a situation where they'd want to manually inspect my bag. I don't take a vaporizer (my at-home preferred method), or a pipe, or anything with residue, and make sure the weed is in sealed original container NOT made of foil (so as to be ignored during the x-ray of my carry-on bag). I take small amounts that are obviously for personal use, enough to last that trip and no more. I also take unlabeled chocolate edibles or lozenges mixed in with a bag of "fun-size" commonly recognized candy bars (Payday, Snickers, etc)

It helps me sleep.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 5455
July 4th, 2017 at 7:56:41 PM permalink
I got a medical marijuana recommendation* in college. It was basically the least legitimate thing you could imagine. I got to the "doctor's" office, put my name on a list to be seen, and was given a sheet to fill out. I answered the more common questions you'd expect, like if I'm allergic to anything, family history with any illnesses, etc. Nothing about insurance, as insurance doesn't cover getting a medical marijuana recommendation. The second page of the form had a long list of reasons you'd get a medical marijuana recommendation for. It had stuff like trouble sleeping, joint pain, cancer, and all that stuff. I selected a few boxes which did apply to me, like joint pain, trouble sleeping (who doesn't sometimes?), etc.

So the doctor comes out into the waiting room and calls in like 10 people, I'm one of them. We all go into her office, and she points to the first person, "Let me see your sheet and tell me why you are seeking an MMR." He says he works in construction and has joint pain, his back hurts, and has trouble sleeping. She says okay, stamps it, and sends him out to the reception area to get it officially done and to pay for it. Next person has some other disease and whatnot, gets approved, and goes on their way. Then the next and next. Then it's just me in the office.

She doesn't ask for me to "prove my case". She's like....Well hmm, you're a young kid, are you in college? I'm like yes, I am. She's like Ah, well then -- you probably study a lot and have a messed up schedule, that can make it difficult to sleep after cramming for a big test. I'm like yes, I have trouble sleeping because of the hectic schedule. She's like oh and you're also probably under pressure and stuff with other students, do you get anxiety? Not knowing what anxiety necessary is, I say yes, sure. And then she says Oh and you also look athletic, you probably have joint pains, back pain, etc. from playing sports. Again, I agree. I hand her the form I had filled out. She looks over it and the boxes I had checked off, has a weird expression on her face, and she's like, "Hmm....well, usually it's the elderly that get dementia, but I guess it's possible for younger people too." She stamped it, approved me, and off I went to the waiting room to get it all officially processed by reception.

I was at the reception desk and the lady tells me about a promotion they're having that month. (Wtf, what kind of a doctor's office has a promotion??) She says at the end of the month, one person who had gotten an MMR that month would be selected to win a bong. It was a 3-4 foot bong. I'm just thinking, holy crap, this is like the most non-legitimate thing ever....but hey, I never had any problems getting weed at a dispensary.

I've only ever heard of it being called a "recommendation" and never a "license", "prescription", "card", etc. at least with my experiences at dispensaries.


In high school, my friend got his MMR from some doctor on Skype. For those that don't know what Skype is, it's a video-chat program.



Speaking of how crazy some of that stuff was.....

At any dispensary I had been to (from what I remember), you'd have to go to reception desk, give them your ID and proof of MMR. They'd put you on a list and you'd wait. You'd get called one at a time to another room or office in the back, where all the good stuff was. If you were with a group of people, they'd usually let 2 or 3 go back with each other, but not always. Most of the dispensaries were very legitimate, as they'd either call or look up your MMR # or account or whatever and verify it's all good. Usually there'd be 0 or 1 people waiting in the main room area, sometimes 2. Rarely were there 3+ people waiting. And it would take quite a while to wait because they'd have to verify everything.



But one place, OMG, it was basically worse than going to a dealer. I walked in for the first time, and there were like 6 people in the waiting room. I thought that was kinda odd, but whatever. The lady at reception said, "Just put your name on the list, we'll call you when we're ready." I'm like okay, I guess they do it differently here, maybe they verify it when you get in the back...or maybe she thought I was someone else who went there frequently. (If you went to a place often, eventually they'd just skip verifying all your info.) I look around and half the people waiting looked to be 14-16 years old.

Finally I got called in the back. One guy was packing a bowl which was ridiculous because I'd never seen someone working at a dispensary smoking. Whatever. I asked some questions, got the stuff I wanted, and was about to go. Then I remembered I wanted a few joints. I asked if they had any because I didn't see any, and the guy was like, "Uhh, we smoked 'em all" (in a tone that was like, "obviously we smoked them all, duhhhh"). The other guy thought my shirt was awesome and gave me a free eighth of their prime weed (probably cost like $60 IIRC). It was a shirt that said "let's blow this joint" and I'd pretty much only wear it in a dispensary because sometimes I'd get free stuff, but it was usually like a free lollipop or a jolly rancher worth $5-10.

And yeah, they never asked for my ID, never asked for my MMR, or anything else. Then I realized, it wasn't that half the people in the waiting room looked 14-16, they were 14-16 years old.

That place was shut down a week later. :(
"should of played 'Go Fish' today ya peasant" -typoontrav
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10852
July 4th, 2017 at 8:00:05 PM permalink
There's nothing "legitimate" about it. It's a 100% fraud and farce.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
RogerKint
RogerKint
Joined: Dec 5, 2011
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1201
Thanks for this post from:
RSbeachbumbabs
July 4th, 2017 at 8:06:17 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I got a medical marijuana recommendation* in college. It was basically the least legitimate thing you could imagine. I got to the "doctor's" office, put my name on a list to be seen, and was given a sheet to fill out. I answered the more common questions you'd expect, like if I'm allergic to anything, family history with any illnesses, etc. Nothing about insurance, as insurance doesn't cover getting a medical marijuana recommendation. The second page of the form had a long list of reasons you'd get a medical marijuana recommendation for. It had stuff like trouble sleeping, joint pain, cancer, and all that stuff. I selected a few boxes which did apply to me, like joint pain, trouble sleeping (who doesn't sometimes?), etc.

So the doctor comes out into the waiting room and calls in like 10 people, I'm one of them. We all go into her office, and she points to the first person, "Let me see your sheet and tell me why you are seeking an MMR." He says he works in construction and has joint pain, his back hurts, and has trouble sleeping. She says okay, stamps it, and sends him out to the reception area to get it officially done and to pay for it. Next person has some other disease and whatnot, gets approved, and goes on their way. Then the next and next. Then it's just me in the office.

She doesn't ask for me to "prove my case". She's like....Well hmm, you're a young kid, are you in college? I'm like yes, I am. She's like Ah, well then -- you probably study a lot and have a messed up schedule, that can make it difficult to sleep after cramming for a big test. I'm like yes, I have trouble sleeping because of the hectic schedule. She's like oh and you're also probably under pressure and stuff with other students, do you get anxiety? Not knowing what anxiety necessary is, I say yes, sure. And then she says Oh and you also look athletic, you probably have joint pains, back pain, etc. from playing sports. Again, I agree. I hand her the form I had filled out. She looks over it and the boxes I had checked off, has a weird expression on her face, and she's like, "Hmm....well, usually it's the elderly that get dementia, but I guess it's possible for younger people too." She stamped it, approved me, and off I went to the waiting room to get it all officially processed by reception.

I was at the reception desk and the lady tells me about a promotion they're having that month. (Wtf, what kind of a doctor's office has a promotion??) She says at the end of the month, one person who had gotten an MMR that month would be selected to win a bong. It was a 3-4 foot bong. I'm just thinking, holy crap, this is like the most non-legitimate thing ever....but hey, I never had any problems getting weed at a dispensary.

I've only ever heard of it being called a "recommendation" and never a "license", "prescription", "card", etc. at least with my experiences at dispensaries.


In high school, my friend got his MMR from some doctor on Skype. For those that don't know what Skype is, it's a video-chat program.



Speaking of how crazy some of that stuff was.....

At any dispensary I had been to (from what I remember), you'd have to go to reception desk, give them your ID and proof of MMR. They'd put you on a list and you'd wait. You'd get called one at a time to another room or office in the back, where all the good stuff was. If you were with a group of people, they'd usually let 2 or 3 go back with each other, but not always. Most of the dispensaries were very legitimate, as they'd either call or look up your MMR # or account or whatever and verify it's all good. Usually there'd be 0 or 1 people waiting in the main room area, sometimes 2. Rarely were there 3+ people waiting. And it would take quite a while to wait because they'd have to verify everything.



But one place, OMG, it was basically worse than going to a dealer. I walked in for the first time, and there were like 6 people in the waiting room. I thought that was kinda odd, but whatever. The lady at reception said, "Just put your name on the list, we'll call you when we're ready." I'm like okay, I guess they do it differently here, maybe they verify it when you get in the back...or maybe she thought I was someone else who went there frequently. (If you went to a place often, eventually they'd just skip verifying all your info.) I look around and half the people waiting looked to be 14-16 years old.

Finally I got called in the back. One guy was packing a bowl which was ridiculous because I'd never seen someone working at a dispensary smoking. Whatever. I asked some questions, got the stuff I wanted, and was about to go. Then I remembered I wanted a few joints. I asked if they had any because I didn't see any, and the guy was like, "Uhh, we smoked 'em all" (in a tone that was like, "obviously we smoked them all, duhhhh"). The other guy thought my shirt was awesome and gave me a free eighth of their prime weed (probably cost like $60 IIRC). It was a shirt that said "let's blow this joint" and I'd pretty much only wear it in a dispensary because sometimes I'd get free stuff, but it was usually like a free lollipop or a jolly rancher worth $5-10.

And yeah, they never asked for my ID, never asked for my MMR, or anything else. Then I realized, it wasn't that half the people in the waiting room looked 14-16, they were 14-16 years old.

That place was shut down a week later. :(



Probably none of this happened you just think it did because of your early onset dementia.
zippyboy
zippyboy
Joined: Jan 19, 2011
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1088
July 4th, 2017 at 9:08:32 PM permalink
I went with a couple guys to get their MMJ card in Washington many years ago. They got the address from an ad in the back pages of Seattle's subversive weekly newspaper "The Stranger". The waiting room was filled with stoners each paying $150 to see the doctor to get a card. Each filled out forms. Doctor brings them in, spends 30 seconds asking questions and gives them their cards. Do the maths. It's a strip center with a has-been "doctor" who takes in $150 per person, prolly sees 50-60 people per hour, all day every weekday, for months till recreational weed was passed in July 2014. Not a bad income.

For the record, my friends maladies were irritable bowel syndrome for one guy, and bad knees for the other guy. I wonder if that doctor ever turned anyone down. Hangnail? Here's a card, that'll be $150.

There were lots of doctors advertising in that paper. Means nothing now that it's legal.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."

  • Jump to: