klimate10
klimate10
  • Threads: 26
June 3rd, 2017 at 7:37:20 AM permalink
ZK,

Have you stepped into a Dress Barn lately? There are never any customers.

How about a Lane Bryant? No customers. Even the targeted demo doesn't want to be seen inside a Lane Bryant. It's an insult to a girl to ask her if she shops at Lane Bryant. Lane Bryant is a toxic brand that's become a joke, and it's one of their better known brands.

But, good luck.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 63
June 3rd, 2017 at 10:01:59 AM permalink
The good news for the company is many of its target audience doesn't know how to use a computer. The bad news is they are dying off rather quickly. I thought Ann Taylor died off in the 70s.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
  • Threads: 23
June 3rd, 2017 at 1:35:40 PM permalink
Quote: klimate10

ZK,

Have you stepped into a Dress Barn lately? There are never any customers.

How about a Lane Bryant? No customers. Even the targeted demo doesn't want to be seen inside a Lane Bryant. It's an insult to a girl to ask her if she shops at Lane Bryant. Lane Bryant is a toxic brand that's become a joke, and it's one of their better known brands.

But, good luck.

No, I don't know anything about them, I'm just a numbers guy and I see a pathetic cheap valuation for the numbers they're producing. Let's see how bad the numbers are this quarter. Even if they're bad, the price is still not justified.
Wong Halves Full Indices ------------ LoneWoLF
  • Threads: 20
June 5th, 2017 at 10:35:01 AM permalink
Retail space is out of favor now because of recent BK filings and store closings from many retailers. Big retailers like JCP and SHLD are not doing well, and there is a big concern in the market whether Sears can survive.

ASNA is a good speculative play, and the big risk is see is its 1.5 billion debt in this very tough retail environment.
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
June 5th, 2017 at 11:01:02 AM permalink
Quote: 777

Retail space is out of favor now because of recent BK filings and store closings from many retailers. Big retailers like JCP and SHLD are not doing well, and there is a big concern in the market whether Sears can survive.

ASNA is a good speculative play, and the big risk is see is its 1.5 billion debt in this very tough retail environment.

Just can't help but feel that ASNA is nearing the bottom. This company will not go bankrupt at least not in the next 3-5 years. I just think a huge reversal will aften a week or so after earnings once people sell off even more. If I had to pinpoint the bottom, I would say maybe 1.30 - 1.50 is the bottom. Then we can potentially see 2.50 - 3.00 in the coming months after. Good for about a 100% flip or more depending on the momentum and covering of the shorts who beat this down.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 85
June 5th, 2017 at 11:14:42 AM permalink
Quote: ZenKinG

People will eventually get sick of ordering clothes online that don't fit and start filling up the department stores once again. because millennials love everything online these days and the trajectory does seem to be heading online.

are you aware of how many different businesses have mistakenly thought that they could overcome the online competition, thought it was just a fad and became toast? A s***load. the trend is way, way deeper than just change of habits due to millennials. amazon began its' ascent in 1994 before millennials were even in the game. right now amazon looks totally unstoppable. even if they can be slowed there is no sign that it will be done by brick and mortar. those that are doing well are using amazon's model and picking a niche. i read about a new startup doing very well. i forgot its name. the customer (women) send info on their measurements and then answer a few questions about their clothing preferences. then this business chooses the clothes for the customer based on the answers and ships the clothes direct to their homes. the customers are loving it.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jun 5, 2017
everybody wants to go to heaven. but nobody wants to die.
  • Threads: 20
June 5th, 2017 at 11:33:57 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

are you aware of how many different businesses have mistakenly thought that they could overcome the online competition, thought it was just a fad and became toast? A s***load. the trend is way, way deeper than just change of habits due to millennials. amazon began its' ascent in 1994 before millennials were even in the game. right now amazon looks totally unstoppable. even if they can be slowed there is no sign that it will be done by brick and mortar.

There will always be a need for brick & mortal stores. The problem now is there are TOO many retailers & stores, which is very unhealthy because of the convenience & competitive pricing from online stores.

At some point retailers will consolidated, and only the strongest will survive, and retailers with big debts have bigger risk of BK. For example, BBY is doing well now because of the disappearance of many other traditional appliance and tech retailers. Although not relate to retailing, airline industry is another a good example of industry consolidation, and the consolidation in the airline resulted in fewer carriers that give them the monopolistic pricing power.

ASNA is a good SHORT term speculative play, and it can rise or fall big depends on its ability to generate cash flow to reduce its heavy debt load.

Edit to add this:
Consolidation in retails will not give the industry pricing power as in the case of airline industry because there still exist online retailing competition, but it certainly will increase customer traffic/volume that could greatly improve the retailers' financial bottom line.
Last edited by: 777 on Jun 5, 2017
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 63
June 5th, 2017 at 11:43:03 AM permalink
Someone with a net worth of $50,000 and no certain source of income shouldn't be speculating on junk stocks.
What are you going to do? Tie up a quarter of your worth? A good rule of thumb is 3 to 5 percent of your portfolio in any one stock.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
ZenKinG
ZenKinG
June 5th, 2017 at 12:21:01 PM permalink
Bitcoin and ASNA for the win
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 85
June 5th, 2017 at 2:32:48 PM permalink
i wonder if those here who like to gamble on stocks know about the futures market. the leverage you can get there is way, way more than what you can get on stocks. there is the potential to double your risked money in one day. of course, also tremendous risk. also there are binary options bets that can be made on Nadex. again, double or near double your risked money in one trade within a few minutes or a few hours. nobody would even dream of calling Nadex bets investing. it's pure gambling. made legal because of the political power of wall street and the big banks.
everybody wants to go to heaven. but nobody wants to die.

• Jump to: