DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 63
August 12th, 2016 at 6:58:01 AM permalink
This board is suppossedly full of gamblers.

Someone give me odds that Tebow will make a major league roster this year? I am sure the odds against him are incredible, but I have a $20 bill saying he will to whomever gives me the best odds.

Probably an easy $20 for the person that accepts it and you will be able to call me a moron for the rest of our lives.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 36
August 12th, 2016 at 7:16:52 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Someone give me odds that Tebow will make a major league roster this year? I am sure the odds against him are incredible, but I have a $20 bill saying he will to whomever gives me the best odds.

Probably an easy $20 for the person that accepts it and you will be able to call me a moron for the rest of our lives.

Would one get to post "DRich is a moron" here daily for the rest our lives? Or just until the joke got stale?

Did you really mean 'this year' or did you mean 'next year'?
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
August 12th, 2016 at 7:17:46 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

..."Tonya Harding Bat Night," where they gave away mini-bats, and...

Arrrgh. I know where the spare mini-bats ended up. They got a one day call-up for a spot start in the big leagues. Every kid below a certain age got one of them at a Sunday afternoon game at Busch Stadium last month. I think during a series with Miami, IIRC. And while I don't think the marketing stuff for it said so, I believe all the precious energetic little tykes also got complimentary gallon jugs of Red Bull and a large brick of sugar candy with their bats. The result was not quite the infamous "Disco Demolition" at Comisky Park or the historic carnage of "Ten Cent Beer" night in Cleveland, but easily the most raucous bone-rattling 'duck-n-cover' day I ever saw at a ballpark. I trust Tanya's knee crackin' souvenirs were prolly treated with more reverence.

EDIT: For any whippersnappers who may not have heard of a couple of the most epic efforts of baseball franchise marketing folks (and arguably kinda sorta almost on-topic for the thread, depending on what you think the Tebow announcement is really about):

RE-EDIT: For some reason embedding Youtube is not working out for me. Never had that trouble before. Wonder if something has changed with that, at this site or Youtube?

Full url link to #1 ('disco sucks' demolishes Chicago): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1CP1751wJA&feature=youtu.be
Url link to #2 ('10 cent beer' fiasco): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzWVDyqTolI
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Aug 12, 2016
Nevermind.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 12th, 2016 at 7:26:06 AM permalink
I've got one of those 'mini-bats',

But I'd never let Tanya anywhere near it, not if I was sober anyway ;-)

Just 2F 'murmurings'
DRich
DRich
August 12th, 2016 at 7:27:03 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Would one get to post "DRich is a moron" here daily for the rest our lives? Or just until the joke got stale?

Did you really mean 'this year' or did you mean 'next year'?

You may post it daily and I will ask the moderators to allow it as fact and not as a personal insult.

Yes, this year. I want the big odds and think if I said next year the odds would be much less.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 206
August 12th, 2016 at 1:02:45 PM permalink

You may post it daily and I will ask the moderators to allow it as fact and not as a personal insult.

Yes, this year. I want the big odds and think if I said next year the odds would be much less.

Mosca has convinced me. I will open the bidding at 2:1 (My $40 vs. your $20). "Tim Tebow will not be on the active roster of a MLB team before 11:59 pm local Las Vegas time on December 31, 2016." Also, If I win I will have to option to post "DRich is a moron" here everyday for the rest of our lives.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed. - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 21
August 12th, 2016 at 1:52:40 PM permalink

I'll give you 5:1 (my $100 against your $20).

Also, if I win, I will have the option to post "DRich is a moron" in this thread only. Just to sweeten the pot, if you win, you may post "Joeman is a moron and I have his money" in this thread! :)
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
August 12th, 2016 at 2:30:59 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Mosca has convinced me. I will open the bidding at 2:1 (My $40 vs. your $20). "Tim Tebow will not be on the active roster of a MLB team before 11:59 pm local Las Vegas time on December 31, 2016." Also, If I win I will have to option to post "DRich is a moron" here everyday for the rest of our lives.

Dangerous bet. There is NO WAY he ever plays, but someone might just snag him "because reasons", which would technically put him on the roster.

I was gonna LOL at Mosca for making such a silly sport out to be some difficult task. I remember my sadist coach (best coach I ever had) would crank the pitching machine all the way up, snap off the knob, have two kids hold it because it wanted to run away it was flying so fast, used those damnable dimpled pitching machine balls, and put the f#$%ing thing in front of the dirt on the mound. Ever hit a 110mph knuckle ball from 60'? Or a 110mph curve ball that curves UP like in softball? Or a slider so nasty it starts off behind you, passes in front of you, and still misses the backstop? And we thought shagging 600' moon shots was bad ><

The ease is what killed ball for me. I hated hitting. There was no action whatsoever. Every time I got up I knew I was getting on base, knew I was stealing until I got to third, and hopefully walking in if my peers put it in play. Hated it. Get me back in the field where I could do something, where I had to try. Hitting was a complete foregone conclusion.

BUT, I saw somewhere someone posted that Tebow ain't played since HS?! Ain't no f#$%ing way that man is gonna play ball. No. Way. Unless he can pitch, he'll only be some team's pretty. Some unique trinket they can show off. The odds of him "making it", like actually playing, are simply 0.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 12th, 2016 at 2:52:40 PM permalink
OK.
Bo don't know nuthin'.
2F knows slightly less, particularly about baseball.
Gimme a break, I grew up with the Braves as my inspiration.

Pls define 'makes a major team roster this year'.

I might up the bid to 10-1, my 200 'gainst your 20.

Just for the fun of being able to call someone, anyone, a moron here daily.

BTW, DRich has my permission to call me a moron ( or murmurer ) anytime he wants from this day forward, in writing right here, and can continue to do so for eternity. Meaning not limited by either of our deaths. If I'm dead, I prolly want care. If he posts after he's dead, well, that would be pretty special, and cause several spin-off threads ;-

<edit> I was at the winning game in 95, with another deadbeat customer on my employer's tix. My Sales Manager thought it was going to go to seven games and made me swap tix cause her customer wanted to be at game seven. Tee-hee ;-) Went to a couple of the play-off games prior when my favorite nutcase Smotlz was hitting the clock at 103-104 pitch after pitch. Lordy, that was fun! The place was-a-rockin'!
DRich
DRich
August 12th, 2016 at 5:10:08 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

This year odds, 1000-1.
2017, 200-1.
2018, 100-1.

I was hoping for odds similar to above. C'mon people step it up if you don't believe there is any way he can make a MLB roster as one of the 40 players they are allowed to have on the team at one time.

• Jump to: