Blonde4ever
Blonde4ever
  • Threads: 30
June 25th, 2016 at 11:45:40 AM permalink
You don't want us to tip? I have always tipped Uber and Lyft drivers!
Blonde4ever's articles on Vegas Bright http://www.vegasbright.com/author/blonde4ever/
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
June 25th, 2016 at 11:59:05 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You're lucky, many drivers are making less
that min wage and destroying their cars
in the process..

Teddy drives like he's 90. :-)
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 63
June 25th, 2016 at 3:14:45 PM permalink
I going to start uberring next week. My neighbor works Friday to Sunday, starting at 10pm and claims he averages $35 an hour.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 30
June 25th, 2016 at 3:24:15 PM permalink
Quote: Blonde4ever

I always thought tip was included in fare...like that was an actual selling point of Uber. I did tip once when a drunk friend was being kinda annoying. Turns out drivers in some areas really don't do to well, so now I feel bad.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 118
June 25th, 2016 at 10:24:45 PM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

I was outside the Venetian at 4AM earlier this month and surge pricing was 1.6X but didn't show me a price to the Rio. I decided to wait it out. After 45 minutes surge pricing was still 1.4 - 1.8 so I gave in at 1.5. What a waste of 45 minutes, the ride was only $7.50.

That's crazy at 1.6 even if it was 60 dollars 30 dollars to wait 45 minutes no wayyy
NOW HIRING!!!! REQUEST INFO VIA PM
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 151
June 25th, 2016 at 11:26:04 PM permalink
So, if I was a registered Uber driver, and I was somewhere where I rented a car, can you drive fares in a rented car?

So basically get the rental for free by driving the rental car with a few fares..

(I don't think I would ever do this, but just wondered about it)

LIke I know my way around Vegas really well -- if I ever flew in, I suppose that could be an idea.
prisoner of gravity
Brewfangrb
Brewfangrb
  • Threads: 0
June 26th, 2016 at 12:06:46 AM permalink

Good news...no more surprises.

"Uber will stop showing the surge price that it charges for rides"
From Yahoo Finance

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/uber-stop-showing-surge-price-220000046.html

Anyone who was "surprised" by the fare is either:

- Mindlessly clicking accept
- Drunk or under the influence of something else
- Incapable of basic math

But that said, this method "Hey, stupid, this is what it's going to be. Take it or leave it." is better for Uber in the long run.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 26th, 2016 at 11:24:16 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Teddy drives like he's 90. :-)

I had somebody complain about how slow I was driving the other day. (It was 60, by the way). I told her, "Safety first."

That is up to you. But I always tell people, "I neither encourage it nor expect it."
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
June 26th, 2016 at 11:28:59 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

So, if I was a registered Uber driver, and I was somewhere where I rented a car, can you drive fares in a rented car?

So basically get the rental for free by driving the rental car with a few fares..

(I don't think I would ever do this, but just wondered about it)

LIke I know my way around Vegas really well -- if I ever flew in, I suppose that could be an idea.

Rental cars cannot be used for uber- it's in the contract for the rental car for sure , I'm not sure about the rules for uber but I'm pretty sure you cannot use for them either.

Also the people in uber from what I'm told that are making larger money are the uber select- I used it all week in Vegas and it's much nicer cars and better element of drivers- five cars used- one was escalade, a 528. An Audi Q7 a tesla and a Mercedes s550- mostly was an escalade repeatedly since he hung out at the bellagio but the drivers were much better and cars a lot nicer. Average trip from the strip to downtown in uber select was 35-45
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
June 26th, 2016 at 11:29:52 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

I had somebody complain about how slow I was driving the other day. (It was 60, by the way). I told her, "Safety first."

That is up to you. But I always tell people, "I neither encourage it nor expect it."

Lyft has a spot on the app for tips- or did a few months ago

I think the uber select drivers get tipped more in cash or at least it seems

• Jump to: