May 3rd, 2016 at 10:42:11 PM permalink
Got any burners here?
"What, me worry?"
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 4th, 2016 at 1:08:52 PM permalink
Yeah right. Pump me full of LSD and set me next to a 30' tall robot kraken that shoots 100' fireballs.

I can't tell you how many minutes it would take tripping Face to commandeer such a machination, fancy himself a demi-god, and begin the march to occupy Idaho, but I can tell you the line for said minutes is at 5.5 and the smart money is on the under =p
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
May 4th, 2016 at 1:15:10 PM permalink
Not me, but living in Nevada I know lots of people that go regularly.

Face, I think being on LSD would be the only thing to make Idaho interesting.

Nevermind, I forgot they still give free hash browns here:
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 4th, 2016 at 1:17:03 PM permalink
This is exactly how I picture anarchy.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
May 4th, 2016 at 1:29:38 PM permalink
Is it weird that I want to do some kind of hallucinogenic drug in pure attempts to have a nice long discussion with my subconscious to learn more about what's really going on in there? I don't really do any drugs and I've never done anything "serious" (not really sure what's considered serious) but I did go to college =P. Any druggies recommend something for my desired "adventure?" =)
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 4th, 2016 at 1:34:27 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Is it weird that I want to do some kind of hallucinogenic drug in pure attempts to have a nice long discussion with my subconscious to learn more about what's really going on in there? I don't really do any drugs and I've never done anything "serious" (not really sure what's considered serious) but I did go to college =P. Any druggies recommend something for my desired "adventure?" =)

It's called candy flipping....acid + ecstasy (never done it). You might enjoy yourself. You also might die. YMMV.
Face
Administrator
Face
May 4th, 2016 at 1:48:08 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Face, I think being on LSD would be the only thing to make Idaho interesting.

Pah! You need to kindle your sense of adventure. When we going sailing? I'll help you start that fire ;)

Quote: RS

It's called candy flipping....acid + ecstasy (never done it). You might enjoy yourself. You also might die. YMMV.

Yeah, first time user. Just dive in face first. You'll be fine XD

Last time I did that I melted into a blanket fort and didn't move for 6 hours. I also had a headache for a month and forgot how to tie my shoes for about two weeks.

You want a spiritual journey, follow Wiz. Next time he needs a pal for mountain hiking or river rafting, go with. Once you got it down, go again but this time alone. Leave all electronics at home. Be outside. Away. Alone.

Repeat until enlightened.
DRich
DRich
May 4th, 2016 at 3:11:35 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Pah! You need to kindle your sense of adventure. When we going sailing? I'll help you start that fire ;)

I was looking at the Moorings website last week. That is the company we rented from last time.

Three problems:
1) I already have five trips planned before the end of the year.
2) My wife gets seasick so I don't know how she will do on it
3) It is hard for me and the girlfriend to get away for the week without the wife noticing. :)
Face
Administrator
Face
May 4th, 2016 at 3:28:25 PM permalink

I was looking at the Moorings website last week. That is the company we rented from last time.

Three problems:
1) I already have five trips planned before the end of the year.

I am patient, and plan to be alive passed '16.

2) My wife gets seasick so I don't know how she will do on it

Go catamaran instead of monohull. I'll keep it so smooth all you'll feel is sun =)

3) It is hard for me and the girlfriend to get away for the week without the wife noticing. :)

DRich
DRich
May 4th, 2016 at 4:05:26 PM permalink
Quote: Face

TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
May 4th, 2016 at 4:23:26 PM permalink
It's MrV's thread,
And he already asked you stop picking on religions.
I assume he meant all religions, not just the Mormons, etc.
Out of politeness in a mixed crowd, you should stop picking on the Mormons.
As far as I'm concerned, the children of Israel are still fair game, do you need a license to hunt them ;-) ;-)

That's a double winky/smiley, never done that before ;-) <<<<<<<that's the normal single........
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
May 4th, 2016 at 4:35:52 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

While I am not a "druggie", and you didn't hear this from me, but there is an herbal mix called Ayahuasca that can be found in use during shamanistic ceremonies in the Peruvian rainforest that may provide you with the means to the conversation you desire.

That being (un)said, I would second Face's recommendation to get out and simply be alone in the wilderness for an extended period of time. The chances of you dying on your vision quest are much lower than the Peruvian jungle methodology.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
May 4th, 2016 at 5:01:34 PM permalink
The most intense trip came from LSD.

The most enjoyable came from MDA.

Mescaline provided a fairly mellow but hallucinogenic trip.

I've not been to Burning Man, but I spend a lot of time looking at the vids on youtube.

Amazing: the effort, the art, the people, the vibe.
"What, me worry?"
TheGrimReaper13
TheGrimReaper13
  • Threads: 0
May 4th, 2016 at 5:05:27 PM permalink
Don't fly to close too the flame, MrV.
So much bullshit; so little time!
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
May 4th, 2016 at 7:48:17 PM permalink

C'mon now, why not post a sample of that shirt worn by an identified model, as in the third photo in this old post?

Ain't it amazing what all is documented on the web?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
May 4th, 2016 at 8:36:54 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

The most intense trip came from LSD.

The most enjoyable came from MDA.

Mescaline provided a fairly mellow but hallucinogenic trip.

I've not been to Burning Man, but I spend a lot of time looking at the vids on youtube.

Amazing: the effort, the art, the people, the vibe.

I wonder how many people ever came into contact with real MDA? May be one of those urban legend things, but as I remember it got shut down really fast, like back in 1972/73/74 maybe? I fell in love with my first wife at a Jethro Tull concert, with a little help from my friends shall we say. Aqualung tour? No, Passion Play I guess.
Lots of water under the bridge since then. That was some serious stuff. Still hard to believe that anyone took anything else after that, the problem was solved. And then the solution was lost. Or maybe it all was but a dream.......
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
DRich
DRich
May 5th, 2016 at 7:38:37 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

C'mon now, why not post a sample of that shirt worn by an identified model, as in the third photo in this old post?

Ain't it amazing what all is documented on the web?

What I found rather surprising was not a single member at the meetup even mentioned it to me. I thought it would be a good discussion piece. Hopefully it didn't offend anyone.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
May 5th, 2016 at 7:48:40 AM permalink

What I found rather surprising was not a single member at the meetup even mentioned it to me. I thought it would be a good discussion piece. Hopefully it didn't offend anyone.

I'm more disappointed Axel didn't bring a lady entourage with him to the Spring Fling. Tough times perhaps? lol
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
May 5th, 2016 at 8:32:36 AM permalink
DRich, I thought we did talk about it and that you told us about your threesome vacation to the islands for what was described as a second honeymoon. Or was that conversation later and just here in the forum?
DRich
DRich
May 5th, 2016 at 10:26:05 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

DRich, I thought we did talk about it and that you told us about your threesome vacation to the islands for what was described as a second honeymoon. Or was that conversation later and just here in the forum?

I believe we talked about it on here after the gathering.
  • Jump to: