TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
April 24th, 2016 at 6:46:18 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

How well educated are you?

Want to find out?

Take this free test .

Uh, how much does it cost for me to take the test? And what are the addresses of the facilities facilitating the taking of said test? Got any down here in the Deep South ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
April 24th, 2016 at 7:18:15 PM permalink
79%. Whatever.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
April 24th, 2016 at 7:24:30 PM permalink
I got 77%, Ph.D level they say. Missed some I should have got correct but also guessed right on a few to even them out
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 24th, 2016 at 8:07:58 PM permalink
The first question was about Shakespeare. I immediately closed it.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 24th, 2016 at 8:38:28 PM permalink
I wonder whether the questions are pre-set or dependent upon your success on previous questions. I hadn't expected so many questions and got a little bored. Missed some I shouldn't have, including one I must have fat fingered on my phone.

Anyway, the final result was 90%, and they guessed (?) the education level correctly.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 24th, 2016 at 8:45:37 PM permalink
They have another one on WWII which I nearly aced: only missed one.
"What, me worry?"
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
April 24th, 2016 at 10:32:03 PM permalink
86%. They assumed Ph. D, but just a bachelor's.
Just about Everything in it was covered in (a good) High School.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 24th, 2016 at 10:41:36 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

86%. They assumed Ph. D, but just a bachelor's.
Just about Everything in it was covered in (a good) High School.

I would agree. That was almost all high school or below. I got 91%, but one I missed because of a pop up right over the answers I tried to close it and it took the answer beneath it. However, other than one stupid answer I gave, I didn't know the others I missed. (Stupid was what century was 1709 in; went the wrong way. Oops.)

Way too much ad garbage on the site. Crashed my android twice.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
April 25th, 2016 at 4:57:56 AM permalink
I stopped at the third question when this came up:

The correct answer is: "Hydrogen"
H2O is the chemical formula for water, or Hydrogen Dioxide, which is made up of molecules with two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.

I was already unhappy that a subscript wasn't used in the chemical formula when the question was presented.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
April 25th, 2016 at 5:25:01 AM permalink
81%, Ph.D., wrong, Bachelor's.

How I performed is pretty simple to summarize: If it was a science question, then I probably missed it and got every other question but one correct.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
April 25th, 2016 at 8:10:30 AM permalink
Just remember that these quizzes are generally phishings to make you select ads by mistake and to get ad pushes. The person who wrote this quiz was just some bozo.

We can all write dumb quizzes and make some adsense money.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 25th, 2016 at 8:40:19 AM permalink
phd
84%
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 25th, 2016 at 1:18:46 PM permalink
83%, and no fewer than 6 of those correct answers came only from repeated viewings of Mr Peabody and Sherman.

PhD. All I need now is an ASSMAN license plate and a raise
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 25th, 2016 at 1:26:44 PM permalink
I took the quiz until the website tried to hijack my browser and download something.

I had gotten like 4 wrong up until that point.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
April 25th, 2016 at 2:53:39 PM permalink
Ugh, I started off like 20 for 20... then went in a rough patch when I confidently rushed =(. 70% PhD...Though I only have my bachelors. Tricked 'em?

...Really mad about a few I missed that I shouldn't have too. Though I don't think I would have been in the 90's.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 25th, 2016 at 3:12:47 PM permalink
Anyone who claims 75%+ is lying, got really really lucky guesses, or is BBB. I got 70%.

And WTF's up with hydrogen dioxide being water? Wouldn't that be HO2? Shouldn't water be dihydrogen monoxide or dihydrogen oxide? F***ing scam.
Face
Administrator
Face
April 25th, 2016 at 3:19:23 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Anyone who claims 75%+ is lying, got really really lucky guesses, or is BBB. I got 70%.

Have you seen Mr Peabody and Sherman?
Doc
Doc
April 25th, 2016 at 3:35:14 PM permalink

Anyone who claims 75%+ is lying, got really really lucky guesses, or is BBB.

Should I take that as a direct insult?

I fat-fingered one answer I knew correctly but got an "Incorrect." I missed one about a desert's location -- just drew a blank and guessed poorly. I missed one about Greek literature and should have gotten that one correct. I missed one about who Hamlet initially professed his love for -- it's been a long time, but I should have remembered that scene. Maybe there was another miss. I don't recall making guesses other than one about a work of art (just wasn't sure, but I did get it right) and the one about the desert.

Result = 90%. No lie; no "really lucky guesses", and no, I'm not BBB. As has been pointed out, many of the questions are covered in high school, and you just have to have a decent memory -- it's been 53 years since I left high school. Most of my subsequent education was in technical areas, so the higher-level questions of that sort were not a problem. Most of the language, art, and history questions that weren't high school material were pretty simple.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 25th, 2016 at 6:36:36 PM permalink
The construction of the site is not as perfect as should be expected. For the multiple choice of capitals, it should be noted that Lagos has not been a capital for quite a few years. Maybe those "smart" people just cannot spell the name of the successor. In the test of subway maps that follows, it is incorrect to state that the London subways are entirely underground. They are above ground on the opposite side of the Thames. It is also wrong to say that Los Angeles has no subways.
Doc
Doc
April 25th, 2016 at 7:59:50 PM permalink
SanchoPanza, from your comments, it is clear that you and I did not see the same questions. This makes me think again about my earlier inquiry as to whether the questions that are asked are dependent upon how well you have answered thus far; i.e., if you answer a "medium" question correctly, they ask a "hard" question, but if you get it wrong, they ask an "easy" question, so that they can zero in on a wide range of abilities. Just wondering how the test is constructed: if the questions are selected from a large bank of possible questions, are they selected randomly or with purpose?
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
April 25th, 2016 at 9:15:11 PM permalink
81%, says I got a PhD. My parents will be so proud . . .
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
April 25th, 2016 at 9:20:27 PM permalink

And WTF's up with hydrogen dioxide being water? Wouldn't that be HO2? Shouldn't water be dihydrogen monoxide or dihydrogen oxide? F***ing scam.

RS - It really wasn't that hard. I screwed up several easy ones (distracted by my dogs). Some people are just good at trivia and tests, others aren't.

The question I got was "What does the H stand for in H2O?" I guess it has a bunch of rotating questions, including some that are similar to others?
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 26th, 2016 at 5:13:06 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

SanchoPanza, from your comments, it is clear that you and I did not see the same questions. This makes me think again about my earlier inquiry as to whether the questions that are asked are dependent upon how well you have answered thus far; i.e., if you answer a "medium" question correctly, they ask a "hard" question, but if you get it wrong, they ask an "easy" question, so that they can zero in on a wide range of abilities. Just wondering how the test is constructed: if the questions are selected from a large bank of possible questions, are they selected randomly or with purpose?

Noticed that also...from earlier in the thread; I didn't get asked about the London Underground, and did not get asked about "Hydrogen dioxide" specifically (such a bad error...), but did get asked about Hydrogen being part of H2O, and did get asked whether water was a chemical.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Romes
Romes
April 26th, 2016 at 7:10:30 AM permalink
I'm surprised it hasn't been pointed out, but I also think the test was designed to HELP the user. There were 1 or 2 I blanked on, but I was able to either get it to a 50/50 or infer the answer simply based on the picture caption shown for the question. Thus, I got them correct when in reality I had no idea what the right answer was.
Face
Administrator
Face
April 26th, 2016 at 7:46:34 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

I'm surprised it hasn't been pointed out, but I also think the test was designed to HELP the user. There were 1 or 2 I blanked on, but I was able to either get it to a 50/50 or infer the answer simply based on the picture caption shown for the question. Thus, I got them correct when in reality I had no idea what the right answer was.

The answers gave answers, too. The "Were the Soviets enemies?" question gave a schpiel noting that Russia had twice the casualties of their allies, then later it was asked who lost the most people in WWII.

Cross referencing questions like this is pretty much how I passed high school. I might've barely squeaked through the second worst rated school in all of WNY, but it's that skill that got me my PhD level knowledge =p
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
April 26th, 2016 at 8:01:42 AM permalink
I got thru the second of two years of Latin in high school by swiping all the tests at the beginning of the year. Not something I'm proud of, it just is what it was.....

I should add that they sent me as a representative of my state to the National Latin Convention that year at the University of Oklahoma. I was in way over my head. They roomed me with some stoner band that was supposed to play at one of the functions. We might have all been in jail by then, my memory of the trip is fuzzy ;-)
Romes
Romes
April 26th, 2016 at 8:05:17 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

I got thru the second of two years of Latin in high school by swiping all the tests at the beginning of the year. Not something I'm proud of, it just is what it was.....

If you didn't 'cheat' at one thing in college, then not only did you not get a "full" college education (about sometimes bending, or even breaking the rules) but I just simply don't believe you. Everyone cheated on at least one thing... Eventually all of our backs were up against a wall over one thing or another.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
April 26th, 2016 at 8:07:45 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

If you didn't 'cheat' at one thing in college, then not only did you not get a "full" college education (about sometimes bending, or even breaking the rules) but I just simply don't believe you. Everyone cheated on at least one thing... Eventually all of our backs were up against a wall over one thing or another.

Romes, I edited my post, you might want to re-read ;-)

<another edit> I actually never cheated on anything in college, worked my way thru,and paid my own way, as my middle class family had disintegrated. Took 8 years of part time classes for a simple 4 year degree, 3.33.
Actually had started a little business ( perfectly legit I should add ) that I was working my butt off at. I had dreams of The American Dream, and went after it with a vengeance.
  • Jump to: