TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
January 7th, 2016 at 4:36:31 AM permalink
Are you that guy?
The guy that for some cosmic reason really bizarre stuff happens to you, or around you?

When you buy a dozen eggs at the grocery store do you pick the one carton in the history of mankind that doesn't have a barcode on it. The carton that it takes 5 extra minutes to buy because no one in the whole friggin store knows how much a carton of eggs is supposed to cost? Yes, are you that guy?
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
January 7th, 2016 at 5:02:38 AM permalink
We're you born into a family with a weird gene pool?
One that produces both geniuses and severely mentally or mildly physically handicapped?

Been over a couple different cliffs in a car, and walked away from the rubble?

Been struck by lightening? Twice?

Found $650K in a gym bag in a fire exit? And messed up a sting operation? Bad guy got away? You're the only person that saw the bad guy, now you have to testify?

Woke up as a teenager with the house on fire around you?

Had three cars burst into flames, but only one with you in it? The other 2 were just parked?

Married your high school sweetheart, twice? She ran off with her boss, twice (different bosses)?

You got a rare albino wild turkey that thinks your deck looks like an ideal roost?

I cannot even buy a friggin dozen eggs without causing a major hullabaloo....
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 7th, 2016 at 6:35:21 AM permalink
so all these things happened to you?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
January 7th, 2016 at 6:40:46 AM permalink
That is a short list, just off the top of my head.
Answer is yes.
More later.
Stay away from me in thunderstorms....
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
January 7th, 2016 at 8:03:55 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Are you that guy?
The guy that for some cosmic reason really bizarre stuff happens to you, or around you?

When you buy a dozen eggs at the grocery store do you pick the one carton in the history of mankind that doesn't have a barcode on it. The carton that it takes 5 extra minutes to buy because no one in the whole friggin store knows how much a carton of eggs is supposed to cost? Yes, are you that guy?

No, I'm the guy directly behind THAT guy in the checkout line watching all the other lines moving swiftly and efficiently.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
January 7th, 2016 at 8:22:45 AM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

No, I'm the guy directly behind THAT guy in the checkout line watching all the other lines moving swiftly and efficiently.

Actually, the fact that you seem to be stuck behind 'that' guy in line, well, that makes you one of 'them' guys. Tell me more....
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
January 7th, 2016 at 8:27:19 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Actually, the fact that you seem to be stuck behind 'that' guy in line, well, that makes you one of 'them' guys. Tell me more....

You got pulled over by the traffic cop whose pen wouldn't write? Not me, not yet, how about you?
DMSCR
DMSCR
  • Threads: 5
January 7th, 2016 at 9:01:54 AM permalink

Hahahahaha..... Reminds me of my experience yesterday at Trader Joe's in Summerlin.
christhewriter
christhewriter
  • Threads: 1
March 17th, 2016 at 3:04:01 PM permalink
totally...
Asswhoopermcdaddy
Asswhoopermcdaddy
  • Threads: 87
March 17th, 2016 at 5:08:01 PM permalink
You found 650k in sting money? Oh my....
cmlotito
cmlotito
  • Threads: 25
April 11th, 2016 at 8:39:27 PM permalink

I'm the guy that is in charge of all the cashiers and shakes my head when they do something so asinine to hold up the line, like not knowing the price of those eggs even though they have been a cashier for 20+ years at that store and ring them up every day.
Kira777
Kira777
  • Threads: 0
May 31st, 2016 at 1:12:08 PM permalink
=))) you live very interesting life. why did you share this with us? Do you proud of it or tired?
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 31st, 2016 at 1:34:23 PM permalink
I always seem to get stuck behind the guy in the ATM line who is apparently trying to re-balance his entire stock portfolio.

Also, I always seem to have just enough money to get by. Never been rich, but never been poor... even when I'm broke and/or in debt somehow I always seem to pull out of it with little to no effort. The money is just... always there. But just enough. Of course, now that I've said that, I probably just jinxed myself and I'll be homeless in a month.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
May 31st, 2016 at 2:18:28 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I always seem to get stuck behind the guy in the ATM line who is apparently trying to re-balance his entire stock portfolio.

Also, I always seem to have just enough money to get by. Never been rich, but never been poor... even when I'm broke and/or in debt somehow I always seem to pull out of it with little to no effort. The money is just... always there. But just enough. Of course, now that I've said that, I probably just jinxed myself and I'll be homeless in a month.

You can prolly get an advance on your soul from the Wizard if/when you fall on hard times. 'Watch the interest rate' is always good advice ;-)
  • Jump to: