shrimpboatcapt
shrimpboatcapt
  • Threads: 8
December 9th, 2015 at 11:55:35 AM permalink
http://www.tbo.com/news/politics/heirs-of-meyer-lansky-want-payment-for-hotel-cuba-seized-20151208/ - The heirs of Meyer Lansky want to recoup their lost earnings and property now that US/Cuba relations are back on. Pretty interesting to see if they actually recoup anything. That property and brand are probably worth alot if the money starts pouring into Cuba like some think will happen.

Even more interesting is this article about Lansky's daughter and what it was like having Bugsy Siegel and Lucky Luciano as your "uncles". Interesting highlight from this article, She banged Dean Martin 6 times in one night. - http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/spoiled-by-mobsters-daughter-of-meyer-lansky-recalls-family-men-not-killers/2184266
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
December 9th, 2015 at 12:17:40 PM permalink
I hope they have low expectations. I assume no one cares 'cept the Lanskys. If there is a universal line for reparations of sorts, it will be behind the people still waiting for 50 acres and a mule.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 9th, 2015 at 1:33:41 PM permalink
Cuba has hardly been asked to give on a single point in the new arrangement. In fact they seem to have cracked down even harder on dissidents.

So why do anything for the Lansky family?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
December 9th, 2015 at 2:04:57 PM permalink
I grew up in South Florida and had friends who were 1st gen Americans as their families fled Cuba when the Communists were coming into power. I remember a few saying that once Castro was gone, they would return to reclaim their homes. I never said this at the time, but I remember thinking that I didn't like their chances of that happening. I still do not.

I would imagine that my old friends would be none too happy with our "new arrangement," either.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 9th, 2015 at 5:22:56 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I hope they have low expectations. I assume no one cares 'cept the Lanskys. If there is a universal line for reparations of sorts, it will be behind the people still waiting for 50 acres and a mule.

It sort of worked for the Indians.

And let's not forget the art work recovered by heirs of the Holocaust.

Reparations rock.
"What, me worry?"
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 9th, 2015 at 8:32:05 PM permalink
I should read threads before replying
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
December 9th, 2015 at 9:23:16 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I grew up in South Florida and had friends who were 1st gen Americans as their families fled Cuba when the Communists were coming into power......

I would imagine that my old friends would be none too happy with our "new arrangement," either.

Uh yeah, what kind of BS is it to normalize relations 50-ish year after their government sponsored an invasion of the Bay of Florida to try to overthrow our government. Oh wait, nevermind.....
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
  • Jump to: