5 votes (21.73%)
13 votes (56.52%)
5 votes (21.73%)

23 members have voted

steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
October 29th, 2015 at 5:35:50 AM permalink
Would you mind filling in the blank on the following? Based upon what is known about the potential Presidential candidates, I will probably be voting.....
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
October 29th, 2015 at 6:45:06 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

Would you mind filling in the blank on the following? Based upon what is known about the potential Presidential candidates, I will probably be voting.....

There should definitely be 2 more options... "I'm voting neither Democrat nor Republican" and "I will not be voting".
A lot of the problem with our "democracy" is that it isn't in fact a democracy at all, and this "2 party system" is one of the biggest hurdles we need to overcome. Qualified candidates get overlooked if they're not in one of the two "main parties" and in order to get political backing from either party they must give on their own stances and embrace those of the party. The 2 party system is broken.

As far as me? Well, I can't vote on this pole now (I hope no one can). I haven't taken the time to familiarize myself with the candidates and decide for myself which the best one for the job is, republican, democrat, or independent/etc.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 29th, 2015 at 6:49:54 AM permalink
Yeah. Probably leaving the top of the ticket blank this year. Won't vote for Clinton, can't vote for Carson or Trump. Will probably split the down-ballot stuff.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
ajemeister
ajemeister
  • Threads: 16
October 29th, 2015 at 8:25:43 AM permalink
another election I won't be voting in. I don't buy in to this two party crap. I Think it's kind of idiotic to have to label one's self as blue or red.

It pains me when people say "I'm an X, but I don't believe in a,b,c that the other X's believe in.." Why not just say "I believe in a,b,c,(etc)" and not have to label yourself as X or Y or Z or whatever. My take from experience of friends/family/overhearing conversations is that a lot of who people vote for also strongly depend on looks... If a candidate is black, they have the "black vote", woman, they have the "women vote", etc, etc.

I guess this doesn't belong here though, and I don't want to derail your thread. My apologies if it does.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
October 29th, 2015 at 8:44:20 AM permalink
My vote will be AGAINST democrat, not FOR republican.

The republicans are a joke. The democrats are a bad joke.

I believe Kasich would make the best president. But he is not the best campaigner, so he can't win.

It's unfortunate, but the best campaigner and the best president are often two very different things.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 29th, 2015 at 10:37:51 AM permalink
There are 2 Republicans and 1 Democrat for whom I would consider voting. Too early to answer definitively.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
October 29th, 2015 at 2:12:07 PM permalink
People have learned to hate a third party because their entry skews the Presidential elections. If we ever are going to get away from just having two bad choices, we have to have run-offs in our elections. No person should win without getting a majority of the votes.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
  • Threads: 1
October 29th, 2015 at 3:20:41 PM permalink
The first "be" in the first voting option bothers my OCD..

2 "be" or not 2 "be", that is the question.
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
  • Jump to: