3 votes (7.89%)
3 votes (7.89%)
9 votes (23.68%)

38 members have voted

aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
April 18th, 2015 at 2:37:52 PM permalink
So, my HOA, for some reason, loves to pass rules against two specific dog owners in the community (a nice couple (the wife is named Violet) and me). They passed a rule last year that no statues may be placed in front of your condo/town home without their permission (however, they grandfathered in all the board members and their friends). So they attempted to fine me $100 (I wrote them an email stating a $100 fine will not deter me as I bet 5x that on a hand of blackjack). They went on to state that the statues grandfathered in contributed to the "pleasing symmetry" of the community (to which I replied that I didn't know cracked planters were either "pleasing" or "symmetrical").
As the Board allows holiday decorations, I have since decorated the statue that still rests door side in all sorts of holiday garb for all major and random holidays.

This brings me to my newest issue. I put up a Beware of Dog sign (as did Violet) about 6 months ago. For those of you who do not know, I have a 150 pound mastiff. Just this week, a letter was sent out that only "security" signs such as ADT, Slomin's, etc. are allowed and Beware of Dog signs must go through an approval process. However, only two owners, Violet and I, have said signs. Not only is the ex post facto, it is clearly directed only at us. Moreover, I consider my dog my security. So, I did some legal research and wrote the following letter to the Napoleonic Board President:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 18th, 2015 at 2:48:15 PM permalink
You're a lawyer, why would they mess
with you. Suing them costs almost
nothing because you won't need an
attorney. But they will, so it's in their
best interests to leave you alone. My
former attorney, the one who went
to prison, was always suing people
over small things and he always won.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 18th, 2015 at 2:49:52 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You're a lawyer, why would they mess
with you. Suing them costs almost
nothing because you won't need an
attorney. But they will, so it's in their
best interests to leave you alone. My
former attorney, the one who went
to prison, was always suing people
over small things and he always won.

I will also sue them for my legal fees (probably won't get it but I am very expensive!!!)
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
April 18th, 2015 at 3:08:57 PM permalink
Based on a my own bad experience here in Vegas with a HOA, I have come to the conclusion that some of these HOA's have no clue about what powers and authority they actually have. They can pass whatever rules and regulations they want, but that doesn't necessarily make it legal until a court says it's legal. I think often times they are banking that no one is going to challenge their authority and spend money to go to court.

In my own case the HOA settled our case (with several other plaintiffs) the day before we went to court. :)
pokerface
pokerface
  • Threads: 12
April 18th, 2015 at 3:27:35 PM permalink
Hi Ace,

Go after them.
HOAs are criminals! They've never done anything good to anyone other than some of the board members.
winning streaks come and go, losing streak never ends.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
April 18th, 2015 at 3:31:12 PM permalink
Most HOA's don't have the resources to actually sue.

Your sign is a warning sign. Is the HOA willing to take on the liability if someone gets injured where the injury could have been avoided through adequite signage?

I'd say they wouldn't, and if you get sued I'm pretty sure you'd have a hard time getting the HOA to cover you. I don't think saying that the HoA wouldn't let me put up a sign woild absolve you of liability.

Now, a sign alone certainly wouldn't absolve you of liability, but having one might help.

So, if it were me, I'd post the sign.
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 18th, 2015 at 3:34:51 PM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

Most HOA's don't have the resources to actually sue.

Your sign is a warning sign. Is the HOA willing to take on the liability if someone gets injured where the injury could have been avoided through adequite signage?

I'd say they wouldn't, and if you get sued I'm pretty sure you'd have a hard time getting the HOA to cover you. I don't think saying that the HoA wouldn't let me put up a sign woild absolve you of liability.

Now, a sign alone certainly wouldn't absolve you of liability, but having one might help.

So, if it were me, I'd post the sign.

The sign has been up for over 6 months and is staying up
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
April 18th, 2015 at 3:40:48 PM permalink
Something tells me that these wannabe "hall monitors" are messing with the wrong guy. Another example of sad little people on a power trip and these hacks are everywhere. If they only knew the contempt that others have for them. That's not to say that we shouldn't have rules and that we shouldn't obey them, just leave the ego out of it.

Some HOAs are requiring DNA samples of tenants' dogs so they can test the feces and fine offenders. I don't know how I feel about that. Many times it's not the rules themselves but the way they are enforced, whether there be favoritism, selective enforcement or worse.

I've been fortunate that I have never paid a dime of rent or lived "on top" of my neighbor. I don't think I'd like it.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 18th, 2015 at 3:50:14 PM permalink
Meanwhile - they do not enforce the following, despite their knowledge of violations:

-BBQ's on wooden balconies (which is against the Fire Code (and yes I have brought it to the attention of the Board that someone is eventually going to burn down the whole community due to carelessness and I have also alerted the Town Attorney and Town Fire Marshall - both of whom stated they would "look into it"))
-Commercial vehicles being parked on premises overnight;
-Owners renting to tenants.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 18th, 2015 at 4:05:34 PM permalink
Took me halfway through Ace's post to figure out HOA is an acronym and is not "pronounced how it sounds".....even though I have an HOA where I live.

But, the HOA has never bothered me. Sometimes they aren't too bright though. There was a car parked in front of my garage a few months ago, I called them and told them there was a car parked in my area (gave them license plate # and the info on their dashboard slip thing). Few hours later, car is still there. I call them again and tell them to tow the car [because I have to leave for work in a few hours]. They tell me tenants can't have cars towed, only owners can. I tell them I'm the owner. They're like, "No, you're the tenant." It took a bit of hassling before they figured out I OWN and LIVE on my property. Anyway, about 10 minutes later I see someone walk down to their car and move it. So...pretty much, the HOA didn't bother doing sh*t the first time I called them, and only decided to contact the car's owner the second time I called the HOA. But thankfully, people don't park in front of my garage often, maybe once a year (at least that I notice).
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 18th, 2015 at 4:22:21 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Meanwhile - they do not enforce the following, despite their knowledge of violations:

-BBQ's on wooden balconies (which is against the Fire Code (and yes I have brought it to the attention of the Board that someone is eventually going to burn down the whole community due to carelessness and I have also alerted the Town Attorney and Town Fire Marshall - both of whom stated they would "look into it"))

When I moved into my townhouse in 2003, the first thing I asked was, "Can I put a BBQ on my (wooden) balcony?"; the response was, "If it's electric (and yes, those exist; in fact, I own one) or propane, yes; if it's charcoal, no, as one loose cinder will set the thing on fire."

And don't remind me about HOAs. Mine just sent everybody a "reminder" that we need to have a permit if we, among other things, want to change any of the interior flooring other than "replace carpet with other carpet." I was under the impression that what's under the roof is under my control; meanwhile, it increased the monthly fee without bothering to tell anybody, other than having the new amount put on the "convenience" payment slips (so those of us who have the payments transferred electronically and didn't stop to look at the amount would be in for a surprise when we're $60 in arrears each year).

On the other hand, the sign problem brings up a question; who owns the area outside of the homes? Do you have a right to post a sign that's not on property you own? (Where I grew up, the HOA had a "no signs other than 'For Sale' on your property" rule, which came to light when people started posting campaign signs, but some court declared that such a law restricted freedom of speech.)
kewlj
kewlj
April 18th, 2015 at 4:28:12 PM permalink
FYI: I voted Ace is wrong. Not for any reason having to do with this thread. More because of Speed count. LOL. :)
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 18th, 2015 at 4:39:39 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

FYI: I voted Ace is wrong. Not for any reason having to do with this thread. More because of Speed count. LOL. :)

I actually Laughed Out Loud!
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 18th, 2015 at 6:01:18 PM permalink
My deck was new in 1993 and I set
a rail on fire with a gas grill. It was
too close to the back rail and eventually
set it ablaze. I was right there, so no
big deal. But it can be done.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
April 18th, 2015 at 7:49:19 PM permalink
When you by a home under a HOA association you have to sign a strongly worded letter that you will obey the HOA rules, under threat of the HOA putting a lien against your house. I've received some warning letters over little stuff like dry patches on my lawn or putting out the trash cans too early that remind me of said authority.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 18th, 2015 at 7:52:29 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

When you by a home under a HOA association you have to sign a strongly worded letter that you will obey the HOA rules, under threat of the HOA putting a lien against your house. I've received some warning letters over little stuff like dry patches on my lawn or putting out the trash cans too early that remind me of said authority.

I didn't sign up for rules to be put into place specifically to effect only one neighbor and me
kewlj
kewlj
April 18th, 2015 at 7:57:28 PM permalink

What about when they "change" the rules mid stream, and add rules that you did not agree to? In my case residency rules.
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
April 18th, 2015 at 7:59:20 PM permalink
Been about 20 posts and I don't see a dog pic. That needs to change.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
April 18th, 2015 at 8:00:06 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

What about when they "change" the rules mid stream, and add rules that you did not agree to? In my case residency rules.

You can either put up a big fight or cave in and do what they want. Maybe AoS can speak to this better, but I think the agreement you have to sign says that the HOA has the final say.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
April 18th, 2015 at 8:04:07 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

On the other hand, the sign problem brings up a question; who owns the area outside of the homes? Do you have a right to post a sign that's not on property you own? (Where I grew up, the HOA had a "no signs other than 'For Sale' on your property" rule, which came to light when people started posting campaign signs, but some court declared that such a law restricted freedom of speech.)

This depends on several things. If the HOA is detached homes then you almost surely own said land. If it is a townhouse you probably own the land from your unit straight out to the street. If you have a condo then you own the inside and that is about it.

The way to tell is to check your deed. It will probably refer you to a plan of lots which is the begin and end to what you own. It will also say if you own some fractional part of the common areas, plus any ROW to access your unit. Finally, it will show some kind of restrictions of the association, or word just how it all works.

All of this is why I will do whatever possible to never, ever live in a HOA. If I ever go condo that is the only way.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 18th, 2015 at 8:07:21 PM permalink
Quote: Perdition

Been about 20 posts and I don't see a dog pic. That needs to change.

aceofspades
aceofspades
April 18th, 2015 at 8:08:35 PM permalink

You can either put up a big fight or cave in and do what they want. Maybe AoS can speak to this better, but I think the agreement you have to sign says that the HOA has the final say.

HOA rules do not trump the NY State Constitution (as an HOA in NJ found out when they were sued by condo owners - and the NY and NJ State Constitutions, at least as far as the free speech provisions are written, are virtually the same)
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 18th, 2015 at 8:09:54 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

This depends on several things. If the HOA is detached homes then you almost surely own said land. If it is a townhouse you probably own the land from your unit straight out to the street. If you have a condo then you own the inside and that is about it.

The way to tell is to check your deed. It will probably refer you to a plan of lots which is the begin and end to what you own. It will also say if you own some fractional part of the common areas, plus any ROW to access your unit. Finally, it will show some kind of restrictions of the association, or word just how it all works.

All of this is why I will do whatever possible to never, ever live in a HOA. If I ever go condo that is the only way.

Everyone owns a % of the entire common areas - so, basically, anyone can go put a lounge chair in anyone's "front yard area" and relax and waste the day away
kewlj
kewlj
April 18th, 2015 at 8:16:17 PM permalink

Well here was the jist of my case (from my point of view of course).

Purchase a unit in a condo-hotel in 2009. For those that don't know a condo hotel (like Trump on the strip and others, mine was platinum at flamingo/kovel) has residency limitations. You own the unit, but you can not live there permanently, often times there is a maximum yearly occupancy limitation of 60 days.

So, in 2009, with the bad economy, there were dozens of privately owned units for sale at this property, which made it impossible for the firm to sell the units, as they wanted. So they relaxed the residency stipulation, saying you could live there permanently. I insisted this relaxed stipulation be put in writing at the time of my purchase. I believe there were 23 units that were sold with this relaxed stipulation in effect, but some still did not live there permanently. Maybe 15 or 16 of the units did live there year round, myself included. In 2011, this 'relaxed stipulation' ended, and they sent a letter saying we could no longer live there permanently. A group of us got together to fight it. They sued. We countersued. Some got frustrated and sold as by then real estate prices were improving. By the time it was set to go to court, we were down to 5 or 6 left. The HOA dropped their suit and settle with all of us the day before trial.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 18th, 2015 at 8:47:03 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

And don't remind me about HOAs. Mine just sent everybody a "reminder" that we need to have a permit if we, among other things, want to change any of the interior flooring other than "replace carpet with other carpet." I was under the impression that what's under the roof is under my control....

That is why it is important to be aware of the rules.

I have some recent (and ongoing) experience with this specific topic of replacement flooring. Last November, my wife and I purchased a condominium as an investment and rented it to a friend of ours. When we first visited the unit, I noted the laminate flooring in the living room, dining room and hall, and I thought this did not comply with the association rules.

(Side note: the restrictions on the flooring type, such as ThatDonGuy mentioned, are typically related to noise transmission to the unit below. The unit we purchased is on the second floor, and I believed that hard-surface flooring was prohibited there except in limited, specific areas: bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.)

We inquired about the compliance of this flooring, and the sellers informed us through their broker that the flooring had been approved by the Condominium Owners Association governing board. After we finished our price negotiations, signed a contract, and completed our due-diligence period (i.e., after we were committed to going through with it or would have to pay penalties), we learned that the board had not approved the flooring change from the original carpeting and had specifically told the sellers that they could not install such flooring.

Unfortunately, the board did not aggressively enforce the rules. Shortly after learning of the non-approval, we also learned that the downstairs neighbor had already retained an attorney to bring action against the owners/sellers -- that downstairs neighbor's right under the association rules. It certainly appeared that the liability/risk of being sued was being transferred to us. We went ahead with the purchase, since we did not want to pay the penalties under our purchase contract, but we had the offending flooring removed and replaced with carpeting before we let our friend/tenant move into the place.

Now we have retained an attorney to bring action against the sellers and their broker for their deception and the costs that we incurred because of that. This is only one of two serious deceptions that they employed in selling this property to us, so the case could become interesting. I am convinced that the sellers, and perhaps their broker, just believe that rules don't apply to them, no matter what they signed when acquiring the property.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 18th, 2015 at 8:50:41 PM permalink
I can't imagine living with an HOA. I do whatever
I want here, even have open fires in the firepit
down by the creek. Had one this evening. We
can set up targets and practice with hand guns
and long guns. Nobody to answer to, nobody
cares. Can have as many cars as I want as
long as they're plated. Go figure.
kewlj
kewlj
April 18th, 2015 at 8:53:32 PM permalink
Now my first encounter with my HOA, they were in the right, but still pretty darn petty. I had a string of Christmas lights across the top of my balcony. Not up and down every rail or something bizarre, just one 10 foot string across the top of the balcony railing. I actually did this 2 years. The first year, nothing. The second year a $50 fine. No complain or ask you to take it down first...just a fine. That's the Christmas spirit.
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
April 18th, 2015 at 9:03:17 PM permalink
That dog is cool.
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 18th, 2015 at 9:08:21 PM permalink
My dog video
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
April 18th, 2015 at 10:03:56 PM permalink
String some Christmas lights on your dog and parade him around every evening. I would.
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 18th, 2015 at 10:10:43 PM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

String some Christmas lights on your dog and parade him around every evening. I would.

My dog would not take kindly to lights being wrapped around him - he prefers being free and easy.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 18th, 2015 at 10:29:34 PM permalink
I never heard of HOA's until the episode of Frasier
in the 90's when he put an antique knocker on his
door and 30sec later he had a note to remove it.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
April 18th, 2015 at 10:39:20 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I never heard of HOA's until the episode of Frasier
in the 90's when he put an antique knocker on his
door and 30sec later he had a note to remove it.

That episode wasn't at all realistic, an actual HOA would have left that note in under ten seconds.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
surrender88s
surrender88s
  • Threads: 20
April 18th, 2015 at 10:45:33 PM permalink
AoS, as the owner of a 25 pound dog- wow, you must have to clean up some big poops :-)
"Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1." -Warren Buffett on risk/return
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 18th, 2015 at 11:36:00 PM permalink
What? You think some stupid HoA could make him clean up that stuff???
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 19th, 2015 at 12:40:43 AM permalink
My dogs problem is, whenever I take him
in a building that's carpeted, he has to
poop. I carry napkins with me at all
times. I watch him like a hawk and usually
get it before anybody notices..
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
April 29th, 2015 at 3:15:15 PM permalink
Any updates, ace? Did they at least welcome you back from your trip?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 29th, 2015 at 3:44:48 PM permalink
No updates at all.

No letters admonishing me for not taking down the sign.

I suppose they do not wish to battle in court...
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 29th, 2015 at 5:35:41 PM permalink
I live in a townhouse.
I have a HOA to deal with.
I am very uncomfortable with Aces's sign.
Say a neighbor wants to sell his home.
If I was looking as a potential buyer and saw Aces sign, I probably would pass.
A sign like that can devalue a neighbors property.
That's why some people buy into the whole HOA thing.
A home is the most expensive thing you will buy in a lifetime.
Takes a good chunk of your lifetime to pay it off.
Now you are having difficulty selling because of Aces sign.
My place. I love living in my townhouse buts its not where I am going to retire.
Having a HOA helps insure an easier time selling my place, I don't have to deal with a neighbors sign turning off a potential buyer when I am ready to sell.

Also the whole I'm rich so fines don't hurt me attitude bothers me.

What is the wording of the agreement you signed regarding signs?
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 29th, 2015 at 5:49:23 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I live in a townhouse.
I have a HOA to deal with.
I am very uncomfortable with Aces's sign.
Say a neighbor wants to sell his home.
If I was looking as a potential buyer and saw Aces sign, I probably would pass.
A sign like that can devalue a neighbors property.
That's why some people buy into the whole HOA thing.
A home is the most expensive thing you will buy in a lifetime.
Takes a good chunk of your lifetime to pay it off.
Now you are having difficulty selling because of Aces sign.
My place. I love living in my townhouse buts its not where I am going to retire.
Having a HOA helps insure an easier time selling my place, I don't have to deal with a neighbors sign turning off a potential buyer when I am ready to sell.

Also the whole I'm rich so fines don't hurt me attitude bothers me.

What is the wording of the agreement you signed regarding signs?

How about all the "ADT", "Slomin's", "Brinks" and multitude of other security signs...if a neighborhood is secure, why does everyone install a security system?

My dog is my security system.

Re: "I'm rich so fines don't hurt me" -- Really--we are all gamblers...$100 would not bother any of us and, if it did, we shouldn't be gambling.

Finally, I do not have the wording regarding the signs but I do have the wording to the New York State Constitution :)
terapined
terapined
April 29th, 2015 at 6:04:06 PM permalink

How about all the "ADT", "Slomin's", "Brinks" and multitude of other security signs...if a neighborhood is secure, why does everyone install a security system?

My dog is my security system.

Re: "I'm rich so fines don't hurt me" -- Really--we are all gamblers...$100 would not bother any of us and, if it did, we shouldn't be gambling.

Finally, I do not have the wording regarding the signs but I do have the wording to the New York State Constitution :)

I cant be bitten by a security system.
A security system presents no danger to an individual.
A dangerous dog on the other hand.
Like I said, If I am buying, a security sign wont bother me, your sign and I am not buying. But that's just me.
If others feel the same, less buyers, you are costing your neighbors money.
What's the opinion of you closest neighbors, bordering each side and across the street?
Do you have any neighbors selling?
If so, have you asked them how they feel about your sign.
Hopefully you have read the wording of the HOA regarding signs.
I think how its worded is a lot more important then the NY constitution but hey, you're the lawyer.
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 29th, 2015 at 6:14:55 PM permalink

I think how its worded is a lot more important then the NY constitution but hey, you're the lawyer.

You are entitled to your beliefs.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 29th, 2015 at 6:20:11 PM permalink
It does not matter what is written in the HOA rules if they violate the law.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
April 29th, 2015 at 6:21:24 PM permalink
I personally would rather buy a house with a "Beware of Dog" sign because if I were someone looking to break in to a house, I probably wouldn't want to be within a 2-3 house radius of that house
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
terapined
terapined
April 29th, 2015 at 6:32:21 PM permalink

You are entitled to your beliefs.

Have you talked to your neighbors about your sign?
The proper remedy is to have a vote at the next HOA meeting to change the rules.
Any rule in a HOA can be changed if the majority agree.
Get a majority behind you for a vote and you can keep your sign up.
I try to get along with my neighbors.
I would never do anything to hurt the value of a neighbors house.
Again, have you spoken to your neighbors?
Do your neighbors feel the sign hurts the value of their home, raises the value or is a non issue.
Its your neighbors and potential buyers that have to look at your sign every day, I think their opinion matters.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
April 29th, 2015 at 6:36:07 PM permalink

The proper remedy is to have a vote at the next HOA meeting to change the rules.
Do your neighbors feel the sign hurts the value of their home, raises the value or is a non issue.
Its your neighbors and potential buyers that have to look at your sign every day, I think their opinion matters.

I would suggest that if the HOA makes him take down the sign and his dog bites someone the HOA should be held liable
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 29th, 2015 at 7:01:01 PM permalink

The Beware of Dog sign rule was made 7 months after I put the sign up (and only one other person in the community has such a sign), which was in response to their new rule against statues (meaning, my dog statue next to my door (barely visible from the street) which has been there for 7 years, was retroactively disallowed while everyone else was grandfathered in
The Beware of Dog sign rule basically only applies to one other person and myself -- the HOA Board has a hard-on for me because I don't put up with their BS - a little civil disobedience is good for the community.

You say the HOA Rules are more binding than the NY State Constitution...would you say that if you were Jewish and wished to put a mezuzah on your door frame or would you raise hell? What if you wanted to display a Christian cross?

What about someone with a potted plant with a cracked pot by their door? cracked window? I seem to recall a "broken window theory" somewhere in my readings...hmmmmmmmm
aceofspades
aceofspades
April 29th, 2015 at 7:01:36 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

I would suggest that if the HOA makes him take down the sign and his dog bites someone the HOA should be held liable

Exactly! Let them pay for insurance for my not warning anyone that a dog is on the premises.
terapined
terapined
April 29th, 2015 at 7:02:39 PM permalink
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/24865253/dog-attacks-and-kills-two-year-old-in-killeen
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/new-jersey-cops-identify-boy-13-killed-bullmastiff-paterson-article-1.1708105
http://abcnews.go.com/US/boy-survived-oklahoma-tornado-mauled-bull-mastiff/story?id=19374022
http://ipost.christianpost.com/news/tibetan-mastiff-kills-a-6-year-old-girl-in-china-photosvideo-10853/

Potential buyer of neighbors home in Ace's neighborhood.
Ace has warned you.
Do not buy.
Buyer beware

Bear this in mind.
You are paying the other lawyers fee through your HOA fees.
I guarantee you that the HOA lawyer is not a lawyer that's specialty is divorce :-)
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
April 29th, 2015 at 7:21:11 PM permalink

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/24865253/dog-attacks-and-kills-two-year-old-in-killeen
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/new-jersey-cops-identify-boy-13-killed-bullmastiff-paterson-article-1.1708105
http://abcnews.go.com/US/boy-survived-oklahoma-tornado-mauled-bull-mastiff/story?id=19374022
http://ipost.christianpost.com/news/tibetan-mastiff-kills-a-6-year-old-girl-in-china-photosvideo-10853/

Potential buyer of neighbors home in Ace's neighborhood.
Ace has warned you.
Do not buy.
Buyer beware

So AOS should "help" his neighbors sell their home by removing the dog sign? What if the potential (I believe this is all hypothetical) buyer actually does not want to live near large dogs? Wouldn't Ace be helping out buyers that share your concerns about dog bites?
  • Jump to: