darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
February 1st, 2015 at 2:28:38 AM permalink
One of the most memorable jokes from the seventies was in the spoof for the Incredible Hulk. Probably because I was into the show and was impressionable at eleven years old.

Anyway, the joke went like this. A character comments on the television executives choice of changing the name of the comic book character from Bruce Banner to David Banner.

The answer from the second character in the know is that Bruce is such a gay name, only gay men seem to be named Bruce, the executives had to change the name to a more manlier one like David!

As this is being said, the television in the background art is playing the world decathlon footage with the announcer yelling, "And Bruce Jenner is the winner of the Decathlon."

Of course, the joke was that Hollywood TV execs don't know what the eff they are talking about since Bruce Jenner was so obviously not gay because he was a Decathlon winner.

And now, forty years later? Bruce Jenner is a closet cross dresser about to sex change?

Holy Crap

EDIT: Found it online. Here's the link. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a-67spd4xMI/U9DseEQlIzI/AAAAAAAAUSg/QxP1-nbd6LA/s1600/mad+hulk+1979+ferrigno+6.png
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
February 1st, 2015 at 2:39:28 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

One of the most memorable jokes from the seventies was in the spoof for the Incredible Hulk. Probably because I was into the show and was impressionable at eleven years old.

Anyway, the joke went like this. A character comments on the television executives choice of changing the name of the comic book character from Bruce Banner to David Banner.

The answer from the second character in the know is that Bruce is such a gay name, only gay men seem to be named Bruce, the executives had to change the name to a more manlier one like David!

As this is being said, the television in the background art is playing the world decathlon footage with the announcer yelling, "And Bruce Jenner is the winner of the Decathlon."

Of course, the joke was that Hollywood TV execs don't know what the eff they are talking about since Bruce Jenner was so obviously not gay because he was a Decathlon winner.

And now, forty years later? Bruce Jenner is a closet cross dresser about to sex change?

Holy Crap

Well to be fair, being transsexual is far different than being gay.

But still ironic.
darkoz
darkoz
February 1st, 2015 at 2:46:00 AM permalink
Theoretically but I know people from the trans gender community and I cannot think of one that is not gay. Not saying it isn't possible. Just I haven't met one.
Gandler
Gandler
February 1st, 2015 at 3:07:01 AM permalink

Theoretically but I know people from the trans gender community and I cannot think of one that is not gay. Not saying it isn't possible. Just I haven't met one.

Well they say that they don't view themselves as what they are. So a trans man, claims he is truly a woman. So a trans man would say he is straight, he would say he is just a woman attracted to men.

Gay men are just men who are sexually attracted to males. But often can be very masculine, (even though mainstream media portrays them as feminine, many gay men are obsessed with ultra masculinity, unlike trans who not only want to be womanlike, they actually want a medical sex change to become a woman).

If trans had a way to magically change sexes instantly they would all do it, at least anyone who is truly psychologically classified trans, some people just crossdress because of crazy fetishes or whatever, and don't actually want to change.
darkoz
darkoz
February 1st, 2015 at 3:31:31 AM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Well they say that they don't view themselves as what they are. So a trans man, claims he is truly a woman. So a trans man would say he is straight, he would say he is just a woman attracted to men.

Gay men are just men who are sexually attracted to males. But often can be very masculine, (even though mainstream media portrays them as feminine, many gay men are obsessed with ultra masculinity, unlike trans who not only want to be womanlike, they actually want a medical sex change to become a woman).

If trans had a way to magically change sexes instantly they would all do it, at least anyone who is truly psychologically classified trans, some people just crossdress because of crazy fetishes or whatever, and don't actually want to change.

I agree with all you said above. Psychologically they feel they are straight as they are women trapped in a mans body.

However, they almost all congregate within the gay community centers and while they "feel" they are women, they still recognize themselves as members of the gay community. As far as the "physicality" of the situation goes, they were born men and are classified as gay if they are attracted to other men, pre or post op.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 1st, 2015 at 3:41:19 AM permalink
That is one thing about Zodies, the Vegas bar that closed their entire kitchen just so they could keep that giant banner of Smokers Welcome. They are the Vegas headquarters for all manner of permutations and combinations of Gay, Bi, Tranny, Dominatrix, Leather, Grope Dancing, group sex, metal studs, piercings, etc. but they welcome any normal heterosexuals as long as they smoke.
Gandler
Gandler
February 1st, 2015 at 11:57:28 PM permalink

I agree with all you said above. Psychologically they feel they are straight as they are women trapped in a mans body.

However, they almost all congregate within the gay community centers and while they "feel" they are women, they still recognize themselves as members of the gay community. As far as the "physicality" of the situation goes, they were born men and are classified as gay if they are attracted to other men, pre or post op.

Yea, I have never understood the "LGBT" movement/ political slogans.

For one thing Lesbian is redundant (just say gay, gay applies to males and females).

But Trans has nothing to do with being gay, it is a whole separate disposition.

And, it can also be politically harmful, because a lot of people may be ready to accept gay people, but are still feel uncomfortable by trans people.

Many people associated with the LGBT movement are not even gay, a lot of gay men are annoyed by all the nonsense that goes on. LGBT rallies generally just turn into liberal "social justice" liberal rallies. There is a reason most conservative, and even rationally liberal people don't associate with such movements. The LGBT movement is more about political strength than rights, which is why they lump so many people together, more votes, more shouting voices at their rallies.
  • Jump to: