bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
January 30th, 2015 at 4:56:38 PM permalink
http://us.sputniknews.com/us/20150129/1013595836.html

This clown's the best thing to happen to Republicans since Jefferson Davis.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 30th, 2015 at 5:12:58 PM permalink
I really want to vote republican, I do, I'm for fiscal responsibility and all that jazz. But I just don't understand and it seems hypocritical how the party seems to want to restrict personal choices and social freedoms by turning moral views into laws (gun rights/control is a notable exception.) The republican party has a golden opportunity with Obama's approval low. I think the party does itself a disservice in how they campaign though. It seems the method of trying to attract voters is to be condescending and insulting to anyone with questions or disagreements rather than trying to educate, so long as they maintain that approach I think they have more trouble than they should. I cannot in good conscience vote for either party.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
January 30th, 2015 at 5:37:19 PM permalink
Hey bob. www.diversitytomorrow.com would be a great place to post items like this. Really, anywhere but this site would be a good place to post items like this...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 30th, 2015 at 5:59:58 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

It seems the method of trying to attract voters is to be condescending and insulting to anyone with questions or disagreements rather than trying to educate, so long as they maintain that approach I think they have more trouble than they should. I cannot in good conscience vote for either party.

Seems to me you are describing the Democrat Party just fine. Disagree with them and you are a racist-sexist-bigot-homophobe who wants women barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen. Obama is the most condescending pol I think I have ever heard talk.

It doesn't matter much. Too much of the voting public it so clueless nothing will ever change.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
January 30th, 2015 at 6:20:17 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

It doesn't matter much. Too much of the voting public it so clueless nothing will ever change.

To a plurality of voters, this describes both parties equally.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
January 30th, 2015 at 8:46:10 PM permalink
Of course the newws today was that the Growth rate suffered last quarter... primarily due to a shortfall in the MIC. Take out the MIC numbers and we're doin OK... just a thought.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
bobsims
bobsims
January 31st, 2015 at 1:59:10 PM permalink

I really want to vote republican, I do, I'm for fiscal responsibility and all that jazz. But I just don't understand and it seems hypocritical how the party seems to want to restrict personal choices and social freedoms by turning moral views into laws (gun rights/control is a notable exception.) The republican party has a golden opportunity with Obama's approval low. I think the party does itself a disservice in how they campaign though. It seems the method of trying to attract voters is to be condescending and insulting to anyone with questions or disagreements rather than trying to educate, so long as they maintain that approach I think they have more trouble than they should. I cannot in good conscience vote for either party.

You haven't been paying attention if you don't realize the leftists (not liberals) who now control the party demand you act and think EXACTLY like you do or they will brutalize you legally or if they can't accomplish that demonize and ridicule you. They want to tell you what to eat, drink, drive, smoke and gamble. The left was behind alcohol and drug prohibition and prostitution laws-so much for "a woman's right to choose". Think the left supports "any one can marry someone they love"? Think again-the left has been and is the global force behind jailing any man involved in a polygamous marriage. They are in the process of marginalizing football and soda and someday meat will be next on the hitlist. Oh and when you drive to get your soy burger you make SURE to fasten your seatbelt.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
January 31st, 2015 at 2:42:55 PM permalink
What is the left vs right crap, it's a fabrication to pretend we still live in a democracy. They are going to put another of the bush clan vs another of the Clinton clan and the public is actually still going to believe they actually have a choice of puppets....
bobsims
bobsims
February 1st, 2015 at 8:24:12 AM permalink

What is the left vs right crap, it's a fabrication to pretend we still live in a democracy. They are going to put another of the bush clan vs another of the Clinton clan and the public is actually still going to believe they actually have a choice of puppets....

Well we DO have a choice of puppets.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
February 1st, 2015 at 10:33:57 AM permalink

You should place some bets and profit from your opinions, then.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
February 1st, 2015 at 11:03:36 AM permalink

Can we stop pretending that the Clintons are anything like the Bush's in terms of political dynasties. There has been President Clinton and Hillary Clinton 2 people one only in through marriage who have happened to hold political office. Compare this to Bush where you have had a father and son presidency and there has been politicians in that family since I think Bush Sr. great grandfather.

Now are there plenty of reasons to know want Hilary to run sure but don't claim its the same as having another Bush run. Especially given last Clinton left country in pretty good place whereas the last Bush left with the country in free fall.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
February 1st, 2015 at 11:48:05 AM permalink
I am absolutely not comparing the two. I'm saying it doesn't matter which one ends up in office, my opinion is the results of the 4-8 years will be virtually the same either way, you can debate all you want about their stances/lies they tell during the "respective" campaign. Giant douche or turd sandwich, what's the difference?
bobsims
bobsims
February 2nd, 2015 at 8:44:23 AM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

Especially given last Clinton left country in pretty good place

Completely ignoring the 2000 stock collapse that gave us Bush in the first place.
Or Glass-Steagal.
Or Nafta.
Or the wars.
Or the crimes.
Or taking away working people's gun rights.
Or burning children alive in Texas.
Or losing the House for the first time in 40 years-and never getting it back.
The Clintons were the best things to happen to Republicans ever-until the burst delusions of hope and change.

The Clinton's at Harrah's
http://www.jillbert.com/gallery/albums/Vegas-08/Buck_and_Winnie_at_Harrah_s.jpg
  • Jump to: