Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
June 19th, 2010 at 7:26:48 PM permalink
I dont mind spiders being alive, and I expect them to be camped out somewhere in the home on occasion. but DONT invade my bed!!! - Im sitting here typing minding my own buisness and this silver-quarter sized spider goes prancing along on my bed next to me- i get up and try to get something to kill it with before it walks out- it knows im looking for somethign so it scurries along.. and never gets off the bed! - I come back with a slyswatter- and its gone... where did it go?... Ive turned the matress over and the box spring ive banged around flipped the covers- looked at the pillows- and I cant find the F'er.

I dont know about anyone else here but I dont plan to share my bed with anything that has more then two legs and is warm blooded. And this is creeping me out. I cant find it.. where it go? .. is it coiled away in the springs? Is it just waiting for my to go to sleep so it can bite my neck? Did it wonder off into another room- doubt it. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE IT IS! If its out of my bed ill let it live!

#$%^&^%$#$%^ I dont want to share my bed with a large brown spider!
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
June 19th, 2010 at 7:35:02 PM permalink
OK. Update. The little bugger after I sat back down to type this scurried right across my bare foot!!! Anyone else know that feeling? To feel 8 little prickly feet go flying over your foot above your toes???.. God did that give me the shivers. And im not an aracnaphobe. Now the little bastered is in my closet... somewhere.... God did that give me goosebumps to feel him on my feet!!
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
June 19th, 2010 at 9:48:54 PM permalink
Post of the year.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Asswhoopermcdaddy
Asswhoopermcdaddy
  • Threads: 87
June 19th, 2010 at 10:11:22 PM permalink
Had that feeling in my first year of college. Had a 2 inch thick black spider with green dots on its back in my closet. I tried to squash it with a box of poland spring, but it was too fast. Never knew where it went, but I was really scared shitless for awhile.
inap
inap
  • Threads: 12
June 20th, 2010 at 12:28:00 AM permalink
Quote: Malaru

OK. Update. The little bugger after I sat back down to type this scurried right across my bare foot!!! Anyone else know that feeling? To feel 8 little prickly feet go flying over your foot above your toes???.. God did that give me the shivers. And im not an aracnaphobe. Now the little bastered is in my closet... somewhere.... God did that give me goosebumps to feel him on my feet!!

two stories. one when i was a kid playing in some brush, i saw spider webs in the bush so i started to get out. as i got out i felt something crawling in my hair! i invented modern dance and nobody knew it.

second story, which probably happened to others. i was driving at night and suddenly saw a big dark object fall from the visor onto my lap! couldn't panic while driving so 'as calmly but as quickly as humanly possible' pulled on the side got out of the car and re-invented the same dance!

in both cases never saw what it was.

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 20th, 2010 at 1:09:58 AM permalink
Its probably just looking for a mate.

By the way, any one hear the expression about having a spider in your eye?

Well, for me it was not a figure of speech relating to glycated proteinaceous material free-floating in the aqueous humor. When I said spider in my eye, I meant it! A spider!!

And its TERRIBLE. You keep seeing the virtual image so your arm wants to reach out and destroy the spider and its web that your brain sees about two feet in front of you but is actually inside your eyeball. And if you've been vertical for awhile but then go to bed, gravity suddenly changes for the spider... so it re-spins its threads. Annoying as hell.

No. Don't ask.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 20th, 2010 at 1:58:26 AM permalink
Quote: Malaru

#$%^&^%$#$%^ I dont want to share my bed with a large brown spider!

Bed? Heck, just yesterday I shared my coffee cup with one.
Well, smallish. Two-segmented body. Tasted terrible.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 20th, 2010 at 5:32:39 AM permalink
Have the room fumigated. It will kill the spider and most of the bugs it must have followed in.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
June 28th, 2010 at 3:35:21 AM permalink
I know someone who as a teenager had a job mowing overgrown lawns for a Realtor, and like me didnt like spiders. He got worked up reading about the Brown Recluse and was convinced he was seeing a bunch of them in those weeds. Well, his watch broke and he stuck it in his pants pocket. While mowing he feels something go shooting down his leg and he screams and starts smashing it on his leg like crazy... of course he then pulled out the smashed watch, remembering the hole in his pocket. I guess the story always makes me laugh hard because I hate spiders too.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: