12 votes (38.7%)
1 vote (3.22%)
4 votes (12.9%)

31 members have voted

Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
June 25th, 2014 at 7:00:00 PM permalink
I received a 3 day suspension for my point about wishing an IRS Audit on other posters. It was deserved, but I wonder how many actual fans of the IRS are out there.

And are these fans 100% clean themselves? Or did they perhaps have a yard sale that they didn't report the income from? Or maybe actually end up $70 for the year at the tables and "forgot" to report it?

The mirror is a powerful tool when you look into it. Perhaps others should do it before blaming others for how their life has turned out.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
June 26th, 2014 at 1:12:53 AM permalink
Perhaps, the only thing I would agree with Rob Singer is "How to pencil the IRS" as a professional gambler. And maybe one of these days I'll teach a class to professional gamblers about how to do it. Let's throw a barbecue. We are going to throw a barbecue, real or imaginary. A three day barbecue to discuss our strategies on gambling, folks. Do you know what that is, folks? That's a damn convention. And you clearly have the right to declare your expenses that you paid for that convention to be written off. I might hate Singer but he is brilliant with tax deductions.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
June 26th, 2014 at 1:31:59 AM permalink
And a few other things about them IRS punks. Make them put all questions in writing. Never voluntarily give up any information. And, if you are being audited, the best time you can meet an IRS asshole is on a Friday afternoon. Tell them that's the only time you can meet them. Meet him/her on a Friday afternoon. That government asshole gets off at 4:30 PM sharp. There is no way that government piece of shit asshole is going to blow his weekend on questioning you after 4:30 PM on Friday night. He'll sign off just to get his weekend off.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
June 26th, 2014 at 3:00:28 AM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

government piece of shit asshole

Don't hold back Mickey: tell us your true feelings about the IRS :-)
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
June 26th, 2014 at 4:43:47 AM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

And a few other things about them IRS punks. Make them put all questions in writing. Never voluntarily give up any information. And, if you are being audited, the best time you can meet an IRS asshole is on a Friday afternoon. Tell them that's the only time you can meet them. Meet him/her on a Friday afternoon. That government asshole gets off at 4:30 PM sharp. There is no way that government piece of shit asshole is going to blow his weekend on questioning you after 4:30 PM on Friday night. He'll sign off just to get his weekend off.

The Govt has flex scheduling. My buddy works for the Federal govt. He likes to stay up late and hates getting up early. he works 11a to 730p, even on a fri.
Its the early risers that get off at 430p
Not everybody is an early riser.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
June 26th, 2014 at 5:59:52 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

The Govt has flex scheduling. My buddy works for the Federal govt. He likes to stay up late and hates getting up early. he works 11a to 730p, even on a fri.
Its the early risers that get off at 430p
Not everybody is an early riser.

Mickey's advice will work more often than not--I know some government folks work late, but most of them are running for the doors at the crack of 4 or 4:30; 5 at the latest. I've lived in the DC area (for more than 20 years, then I got smart and got out of there) and it is obvious in the traffic each day.

You'd have to be unlucky to get the one guy who stays late in the audit department working your case!!
RonC
RonC
June 26th, 2014 at 6:06:24 AM permalink
The unbiased media helping things along...

There is nothing here, folks...

"Why should primarily political organizations get a taxpayer exemption, basically get a handout from the tax code? Both sides are in an uproar because they couldn't take advantage of a borderline shady way to raise money for political purposes or launder money for political purposes. So while the IRS is certainly not a good guy here they have been terrible about being forthcoming."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/2014/06/25/chuck-todd-irs-scandal-are-there-any-actual-real-victims

So it appears that both sides tried to work the shady side (kind of like the Mississippi thing where Black Democrats were used by White Republicans to swing an election even though neither really cares for each other) so it should just be okay that one side or the other was singled out more than the other.

NO!! Audit/test for compliance all of them. Test 50% of all of them. Test 10% of all of them. If they are shady, give all applicants in that category a fair amount of extra scrutiny...but all at the same level.

The story here is this--that is not what happened! IRS employees chose to single out one group for the microscopic inspection while selecting many fewer of the other group. That is not the job of the IRS. You can't have a government agency picking on one side or the other.

Some people just don't get it and say stupid stuff like "just audit me"...just like they say "just search me, I've done nothing wrong"...
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
June 26th, 2014 at 8:15:37 AM permalink
Yesterday the IRS settled with the National Organization of Marriage over a suit brought on because an IRS employee that leaked names of this 501-c contributors. They paid NOM $50,000 to keep this out of a courtroom, that's fifty grand of our money. The employee has not been identified and the AG will not investigate this criminal activity.

How on earth can posters here treat this as a partisan issue?
RonC
RonC
June 26th, 2014 at 8:45:13 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Yesterday the IRS settled with the National Organization of Marriage over a suit brought on because an IRS employee that leaked names of this 501-c contributors. They paid NOM $50,000 to keep this out of a courtroom, that's fifty grand of our money. The employee has not been identified and the AG will not investigate this criminal activity.

I'd love to say it is just the Dems/Libs that tend to do that but reality is that both sides try to deflect investigations, inquiries, etc. things that happen on their watch. There is no way to fix that unless both sides demand accountability. I have called for accountability on both sides here and will continue to do so; some won't from both sides...
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
June 26th, 2014 at 9:38:34 AM permalink

Oh, so the IRS paid a right-wing organization off to minimize fallout of an offense they committed against them. Clearly that shows they're not biased in favor of the left.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
June 26th, 2014 at 10:07:45 AM permalink
Then we have the suggested audit of the ranking member of the senate finance committee. I'll bet I'm not the only one wondering how that e-mail made it's way through the evidence destruction campaign.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
June 26th, 2014 at 12:12:27 PM permalink
Quote: chickenman

Don't hold back Mickey: tell us your true feelings about the IRS :-)

Well, the one area that Rob Singer and I on agree is penciling the IRS. Rob and Mickey agree on something? WTF? Rob was actually quite brilliant in penciling the IRS. Throw a three day barbecue....or better yet an imaginary barbecue....for all your friends. Steaks, beer, all the trimmings. But don't call it a barbecue. Call it a convention and write it off. LMAO!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
June 26th, 2014 at 1:57:06 PM permalink

Then we have the suggested audit of the ranking member of the senate finance committee. I'll bet I'm not the only one wondering how that e-mail made it's way through the evidence destruction campaign.

It was reportedly on her BlackBerry. Another clear violation of the law.
  • Jump to: