Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 207
May 20th, 2019 at 3:50:58 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

You say that like it's a bad thing. The whole reason I prefer swordfish is that it is basically a white steak.

So racist.

I prefer dark meat

:)
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 75
May 20th, 2019 at 4:18:27 PM permalink
Here in Tampa
We eat fresh Grouper
Frenchy's is the place to go
They have their own boats catching grouper in the gulf
5 Restaurants in 1 small town, Clearwater Beach. A few within walking distance from each other. The fresh grouper is that good

https://frenchysonline.com/
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
May 20th, 2019 at 4:22:38 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

So racist.

I prefer dark meat

:)

Do you consume that dressed as a plantation owner?

BlackjackPro.......RIP
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 207
May 20th, 2019 at 5:46:32 PM permalink

Do you consume that dressed as a plantation owner?

I make them pick cotton. Candy. For me
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 157
May 20th, 2019 at 7:51:49 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Put garlic on fresh seafood, and you can't taste the fish.

Reminds me, I don't why people buy a $30 steak, and mask the taste with 25 cents worth of steak sauce.
One person's freedom is another person's annoying crap.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 260
May 20th, 2019 at 11:36:58 PM permalink
Put garlic on a boat's hull or water pipe, clams and muscles will go elsewhere.

Grouper retail sales exceed the Grouper wholesale catch by 300 per cent. You are paying for grouper but often you are not eating it. I was just in Safety Harbor where raw clams and muscles abound: bait for fish, bait for restaurant customers who want to swill pineapple beer. I take my fish grilled, not fried and not raw. And not as an excuse to eat tarter sauce or cole slaw.

Fish should not be served with tartar sauce any more than steaks should be served with sugary condiments.

I put garlic on everything or else my ticker will not tick.

blue water sailors serve fish with garlic, onions, chilies, lemons, limes, etc.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
Thanks for this post from:
michael99000
May 21st, 2019 at 3:08:16 AM permalink

You say that like it's a bad thing. The whole reason I prefer swordfish is that it is basically a white steak.

I think different people's taste buds give them different experiences. The best swordfish, cooked fresh, explodes with rich, buttery, juicy flavor. Frozen, cut too thin, old, is chewy and dry and a huge disappointment. Almost always overcooked-I've given up ordering it in restaurants. Had it the first time 1988 Joe's South Beach, and they spoiled me for life.

Fresh tilapia, with garlic and lemon and a bit of either paprika or chili powder, is fantastic, sweet and tender and a flavor all its own. Same with a little different spicing, for grouper, flounder, mahimahi.

No idea why anyone likes salmon. Smoked = amazing. Baked = meh at best.

Never had fresh halibut or cod, but frozen, both make great filets baked, love tartar sauce on the side.

I don't think we'll have fish as food for much longer. Maybe 10 years. A lot of the good stuff has already disappeared from most menus.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 61
May 21st, 2019 at 3:19:34 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I think different people's taste buds give them different experiences. The best swordfish, cooked fresh, explodes with rich, buttery, juicy flavor. Frozen, cut too thin, old, is chewy and dry and a huge disappointment. Almost always overcooked-I've given up ordering it in restaurants. Had it the first time 1988 Joe's South Beach, and they spoiled me for life.

Fresh tilapia, with garlic and lemon and a bit of either paprika or chili powder, is fantastic, sweet and tender and a flavor all its own. Same with a little different spicing, for grouper, flounder, mahimahi.

No idea why anyone likes salmon. Smoked = amazing. Baked = meh at best.

Never had fresh halibut or cod, but frozen, both make great filets baked, love tartar sauce on the side.

I don't think we'll have fish as food for much longer. Maybe 10 years. A lot of the good stuff has already disappeared from most menus.

As long as I can keep getting shark fin soup at my local underground Chinese restaurant, I have no problems.
# Свободный Натан
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 67
May 21st, 2019 at 3:19:51 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

I just tried fried perch pretty recently in Mich. Definitely some of the best fish I've had.

I grew up on fried Perch. That was a meal we would have once a week. It is also one of the reasons I rarely fish anymore. On Lake Erie we had a limit of 50 perch per person per day. Many days a year you would easily catch the limit. Our family of five would go out and bring home 250 Perch. As a young kid, coming home and cleaning fish for 10 hours was miserable.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
May 21st, 2019 at 3:55:02 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I grew up on fried Perch. That was a meal we would have once a week. It is also one of the reasons I rarely fish anymore. On Lake Erie we had a limit of 50 perch per person per day. Many days a year you would easily catch the limit. Our family of five would go out and bring home 250 Perch. As a young kid, coming home and cleaning fish for 10 hours was miserable.

Yeah, growing up in the northern Midwest, we fished and pan-fried perch, croppies, and sunfish in small lakes and streams. Grwat breakfast with eggs. We would go well north a couple times a year for walleye and northerns, all great freshwater food. However, the mass of tiny bones they each had - yikes. Always an adventure to eat them, but delicious.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.

• Jump to: