Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabsJoeman
May 20th, 2019 at 11:09:26 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

What is a “clambake.”

Put on your clam diggers, grab your spade and bucket, and head to the grass flats. Dig in muck to locate clam. Put clam in bucket. Repeat until full. Make a fire, put a rack on it, put the clams on the rack. Burn until they open, crack em, add hotsauce, then hand it to your uncle. Them s#$%s is gross, you don't want it.

Alternatively, roll a 6g blunt, find a '98 Hyundai Accent and four friends, enter the car, roll up the windows, light the blunt, and hand it to me. Them s#$%s is gross, you don't want it.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
May 20th, 2019 at 11:18:08 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

What is a “clambake.”

Lol!,showing my age....

It's an East Coast beach party from early-mid 1900s, (cooking them like that probably goes back centuries) where people go dig clams out of the surf, then bury them with hot coals in the sand until they're baked, then feast. Usually involved a lot of alcohol, because baked/steamed clams are kind of strong-tasting and slimy IMO. Think rubbery, smaller oysters, if you've had those.

Anyway, it became a generic term for any gathering of like-minded people.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 157
May 20th, 2019 at 11:25:59 AM permalink
Clambake is a 1967 American musical film starring Elvis Presley, Shelley Fabares, and Bill Bixby
One person's freedom is another person's annoying crap.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 31
May 20th, 2019 at 12:04:31 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Put on your clam diggers, grab your spade and bucket, and head to the grass flats. Dig in muck to locate clam. Put clam in bucket. Repeat until full. Make a fire, put a rack on it, put the clams on the rack. Burn until they open, crack em, add hotsauce, then hand it to your uncle. Them s#$%s is gross, you don't want it.

Face, you literally mad me LOL! This perfectly describes the last time I went clamming (maybe 15 years or so ago). It's all fun and games until you actually eat the clams!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 75
May 20th, 2019 at 12:10:08 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Clambake is a 1967 American musical film starring Elvis Presley, Shelley Fabares, and Bill Bixby

and
Operation Clambake is an anti scientology site http://www.xenu.net/
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 149
May 20th, 2019 at 12:24:30 PM permalink
Long Island clams mature in mid to late August, so clambakes signify the end of summer. They were bittersweet as teenagers. We'd look forward to them but they also meant we'd be going our separate ways and be back in school soon.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
May 20th, 2019 at 12:40:00 PM permalink
You are messing with the wrong kind of clams. Steamers are good, but razors....ahhh, the kind. Big fat razor, milking, would get you to put down that blunt and try to eat your weight in double crackered, pan fried clams.

What are you trying to chew out that way, some big old horse clams, or pink necks? Not geoducks?
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 31
May 20th, 2019 at 1:02:10 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

You are messing with the wrong kind of clams. Steamers are good, but razors....ahhh, the kind. Big fat razor, milking, would get you to put down that blunt and try to eat your weight in double crackered, pan fried clams.

What are you trying to chew out that way, some big old horse clams, or pink necks? Not geoducks?

I think we only have quahogs here in FL.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 149
May 20th, 2019 at 1:11:27 PM permalink
We had some Italian neighbors who had the whole baked clams thing down to a t. Most of my family were into steamers but baked is the only way I go. I've never found clams seasoned the way they did. Theirs were more garlicky than the usual fare.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 18
May 20th, 2019 at 1:36:29 PM permalink
Speaking of seafood, I had lobster ravioli the other day.

Not impressed. Tasted just like regular ravioli.

• Jump to: