Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 8201
January 11th, 2019 at 8:56:42 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Man thatís a great spot at the end. Canít look at the results, just the decisions.



I know cant be results oriented and all that, but it still hurts. Watching $900 get pushed across the table was sad. At least the person who won is someone I play with often. He said he felt bad.. lol not bad enough to give it back though. The bad thing about hands like those are you don't get them often. So even though it was a great spot and I would play a pot like that every day of my life, I might not see one again this year.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT WHO YOU THINK I AM.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2231
January 11th, 2019 at 3:50:31 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

...I might not see one again this year.

I expect to see several hands like that anytime I put my chips on the felt. Yesterday a pot began as a five-way hand, mostly among some semi-tight & often timid local grumps, and my AA that flopped a set became the third best hand on the river. Ho-hum. And I knew it, and mucked without a whimper. Less than 30 minutes later my clever set mining with a small pair was a nice looking hand to turn over for a moment before seeing it had been drawing dead to one out vs. set over set on a totally dry looking board.

And I had no gripe and didn't feel particularly put upon, as my four hours was a winning session that net-net just about tripled my buy-in, so this time those chips came home to live with daddy after sloshing around. And while it was a result that's above the trend line of my long term hourly for that small stakes game, the volatility did not amount to anything all that exceptional to me. I think people often routinely under-appreciate the magnitude of the effect of randomly changing just one single card on one board per day of play. And emotionally mask the real -/+ $ value of the game for them by failing to keep rigorous records of exactly what they do, always, every time, for a long time, with an unwavering commitment to the bigger picture truth it eventually tells them, no excuses, no exceptions.

Quote: GWAE

...but it still hurts.

Yes, and you are permitted to feel that way for approximately < 1.75 seconds. Feeling victimized is bad poker medicine. When that attitude creeps in, even a little, I suggest taking a break. And under the international laws of the poker universe, in case you didn't already know this, one is required to toss a red chip into the fountain or derelict's hat or whatever on the way out to atone for each 'bad-beat' story.
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 156
  • Posts: 8192
January 11th, 2019 at 4:36:17 PM permalink
Can't believe this lady just missed the 1 million dollar Wheel of Fortune solution.

She guessed the first two words immediately but couldn't come up with the last one which was missing two letters.

"Flipping through p--ges"

Lordy. Her total winnings $15,050
prisoner of gravity
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 847
Thanks for this post from:
odiousgambit
January 11th, 2019 at 7:20:00 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Can't believe this lady just missed the 1 million dollar Wheel of Fortune solution.

She guessed the first two words immediately but couldn't come up with the last one which was missing two letters.

"Flipping through p--ges"

Lordy. Her total winnings $15,050



Purges is the only word that I can think of. Guess I would have lost also.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 156
  • Posts: 8192
January 11th, 2019 at 7:49:13 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Purges is the only word that I can think of. Guess I would have lost also.




Hah, I can't back the DVR up any longer, but I guess it was the "g" missing.
prisoner of gravity
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4384
January 12th, 2019 at 12:24:46 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I know cant be results oriented and all that, but it still hurts. Watching $900 get pushed across the table was sad. At least the person who won is someone I play with often. He said he felt bad.. lol not bad enough to give it back though. The bad thing about hands like those are you don't get them often. So even though it was a great spot and I would play a pot like that every day of my life, I might not see one again this year.



I think 2+2 has a bad beats forum. Those are guys who play all day every day. As long as you can vent out the hand and not let it affect you, you should be fine.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 8201
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
January 12th, 2019 at 2:02:10 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

I think 2+2 has a bad beats forum. Those are guys who play all day every day. As long as you can vent out the hand and not let it affect you, you should be fine.



Yeah I was just venting. I definitely feel better now after a flipped straight flush vs nut flush an hour ago. Plus won the $400 high hand.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT WHO YOU THINK I AM.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 8201
January 12th, 2019 at 12:51:55 PM permalink
Working on sons pine wood derby car today. Been a long time since I did one of these. I forgot, I know I need to add weight but should it be on the bottom or the top of the car. I believe it should be in front back wheels as well. I thought it it would go to the far back but maybe that would make it do a wheely
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT WHO YOU THINK I AM.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 123
  • Posts: 15296
January 12th, 2019 at 2:24:12 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Working on sons pine wood derby car today. Been a long time since I did one of these. I forgot, I know I need to add weight but should it be on the bottom or the top of the car. I believe it should be in front back wheels as well. I thought it it would go to the far back but maybe that would make it do a wheely

Its towards the rear for sure. Just not to far back.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 140
  • Posts: 1962
January 13th, 2019 at 1:12:02 AM permalink
Bezos, King of Amazon is getting a divorce, and his wife will likely get the largest settlement in history. He's currently worth $137 billion.

from the article:

"Divorces are governed by state law, and the Bezosesí primary residence and business are in Washington state, a community property state where any income earned or wealth created during the marriage is to be divided equitably between spouses."

her share looks to be about $68.5 billion. not bad. she doesn't have to sweat whether or not to go with Amazon Prime.😅


https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/12/style/jeff-bezos-mackenzie-divorce.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
90% 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭

  • Jump to: