Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 131
September 13th, 2017 at 1:19:29 AM permalink
In ten years the smartphone will be obsolete, you're going to be directly connected to the internet through your brain. This isn't a joke. How much do you think that will cost? I'll guess $15,000.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 275
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
September 13th, 2017 at 3:53:45 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

you're going to be directly connected to the internet through your brain

It'll be free because it will be involuntary - and anyone seen wearing aluminum foil helmets will be immediately lined up against a wall and shot, without a trial.
"Baccarat is a game whereby the croupier gathers in money with a flexible sculling oar, then rakes it home. If I could have borrowed his oar I would have stayed." .......... Mark Twain
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
September 13th, 2017 at 11:49:13 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

It'll be free because it will be involuntary - and anyone seen wearing aluminum foil helmets will be immediately lined up against a wall and shot, without a trial.

Coming investment opportunity; wigs woven thru RF shields. Men's and women's. Hide your resistance!

Irma update. Still without power. So not on much. Resenting load time for this site with little battery power. Wth, Zuga?
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 13th, 2017 at 12:01:09 PM permalink
It's real. Laugh all you want, it's going to be happening. People are going to have cranial implants in 10 years. For a bet's sake, I'd say 15 years to be safe and offer 2/1.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
September 13th, 2017 at 12:06:21 PM permalink

It's real. Laugh all you want, it's going to be happening. People are going to have cranial implants in 10 years. For a bet's sake, I'd say 15 years to be safe and offer 2/1.

I'm agreeing, not.mocking. the Matrix is upon us.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 13th, 2017 at 12:18:18 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'm agreeing, not.mocking. the Matrix is upon us.

The matrix is 20 years away, just waiting on computing power advancements too.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 13
September 13th, 2017 at 12:18:20 PM permalink
I'm pretty sure we'll all have built in body cams. Which, obviously, the government will hack and/or the TOS will say Google has the rights to access all of the data for purely benevolent purposes.

Cons: Big biz/gov will monitor everything you say and do.

Pros: Never again will you see something that could get a thousand retweets and not have time to take a picture.

We'd make that trade of in a heartbeat.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 13th, 2017 at 12:25:48 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

I'm pretty sure we'll all have built in body cams. Which, obviously, the government will hack and/or the TOS will say Google has the rights to access all of the data for purely benevolent purposes.

Cons: Big biz/gov will monitor everything you say and do.

Pros: Never again will you see something that could get a thousand retweets and not have time to take a picture.

We'd make that trade of in a heartbeat.

I discovered a huge bright green spider on my jacket yesterday. We took a picture, but it was hard to get a good shot. It also had two pseudo eyes on its thorax, reddish pink with yellow pupils. I bet it was very possibly poisonous with it's bright colors and possibly never discovered. Possible fame for discovering it didn't seem worth more than the odds of it dying in captivity within 24 hours. Ive never heard of such a spider before, odds are it was just as well common.

Added: Whatever it was, nothing is even close in a google image search using the description I gave.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 151
September 13th, 2017 at 12:32:41 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Irma update. Still without power. So not on much. Resenting load time for this site with little battery power. Wth, Zuga?

I only suffered a short internet and cable outage.

I heard one of the reporters ask someone who lost a lot of stuff, "Do you feel lucky?"

All I could think of was the Clint Eastwood line from "Dirty Harry", while he has his gun pointed at a guy. Didn't turn out to be too lucky.
prisoner of gravity
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 151
September 13th, 2017 at 12:36:47 PM permalink

Added: Whatever it was, nothing is even close in a google image search using the description I gave.

Google has an actual image search. I tried it on a fuzzy image of something flying around a flowering plant, but the image wasn't clear enough for it to match anything.
prisoner of gravity

• Jump to: