November 15th, 2022 at 12:21:26 PM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

Quote: DRich

Quote: Mission146

Greetings.

I just want to let everyone know that I will no longer be using this forum for the purposes of social interaction.

I will continue to answer gambling-related questions and Administrate WoV games.

I will not discuss anything that is not directly related to gambling---that applies to both forum and PM's.

I will no longer be responding to PM's that are unrelated to WoV games or someone asking a gambling question.

I will continue to write for the family of websites.

With all possible respect to the recently departed, I will not let arguing with a bunch of strangers on a message board be one of the last things I do before I die, even if my death is totally unexpected.

I will not be responding to responses to this post or PM's related to this post, so don't bother as you will be blatantly ignored.
link to original post

What a peculiar post. Why would someone seek gambling advice from a self-described risk adverse individual who almost never gambles with the possible exception of AP on penny slots? Very puzzling to me.

tuttigym
link to original post

I will try to answer that. Mission is very good at explaining the basics of gambling math and how to analyze situations. I will miss his banter but look forward to still seeing his posts on gambling.
link to original post

I, personally, would disagree with that characterization. The "basics" of most all gambling venues or games are explained quite well within the pages of this site.

tuttigym
link to original post

I think you may have missed the most important word. The basics of gambling MATH
link to original post

You mean that the basics of gambling "MATH" have NOT, to date, been explained throughout the thousands of posts and pages of this site ad nauseum? I thought the two key words were "BASICS" and "MATH." Well, I guess I have just missed out somewhere. My bad.

tuttigym
link to original post

So, DRich is now answering this post on behalf of Mission (because it will be "blatantly ignored") and thus infers that others on this forum cannot answer "basic math gambling questions" with the exception of Mission who is uniquely equipped to handle it all.

So, my first basic math gambling question is: Give us an example of a basic math gambling question that cannot be answered by the Wizard, Axel, darkoz, chumpchange, thatdonguy, odiousgambit, oncedear,gordon888,etc.

tuttigym
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
Mission146
November 15th, 2022 at 12:36:22 PM permalink

Greetings.

I just want to let everyone know that I will no longer be using this forum for the purposes of social interaction.

I will continue to answer gambling-related questions and Administrate WoV games.

I will not discuss anything that is not directly related to gambling---that applies to both forum and PM's.

I will no longer be responding to PM's that are unrelated to WoV games or someone asking a gambling question.

I will continue to write for the family of websites.

With all possible respect to the recently departed, I will not let arguing with a bunch of strangers on a message board be one of the last things I do before I die, even if my death is totally unexpected.

I will not be responding to responses to this post or PM's related to this post, so don't bother as you will be blatantly ignored.
link to original post

What a peculiar post. Why would someone seek gambling advice from a self-described risk adverse individual who almost never gambles with the possible exception of AP on penny slots? Very puzzling to me.

tuttigym
link to original post

I will try to answer that. Mission is very good at explaining the basics of gambling math and how to analyze situations. I will miss his banter but look forward to still seeing his posts on gambling.
link to original post

I, personally, would disagree with that characterization. The "basics" of most all gambling venues or games are explained quite well within the pages of this site.

tuttigym
link to original post

I think you may have missed the most important word. The basics of gambling MATH
link to original post

You mean that the basics of gambling "MATH" have NOT, to date, been explained throughout the thousands of posts and pages of this site ad nauseum? I thought the two key words were "BASICS" and "MATH." Well, I guess I have just missed out somewhere. My bad.

tuttigym
link to original post

So, DRich is now answering this post on behalf of Mission (because it will be "blatantly ignored") and thus infers that others on this forum cannot answer "basic math gambling questions" with the exception of Mission who is uniquely equipped to handle it all.

So, my first basic math gambling question is: Give us an example of a basic math gambling question that cannot be answered by the Wizard, Axel, darkoz, chumpchange, thatdonguy, odiousgambit, oncedear,gordon888,etc.

tuttigym
link to original post

. If it’s basic enough, add my name to the list. Not saying Mission is better than any of those you mention, but I am pretty sure he is (or has been) willing to put in the most time on many of the complex questions. Take the ‘10 point guaranteed winner’ thread. He spent DAYS on that. If I offered Wizard $1million he could have easily done it too. But Mission did it for free. Because it interested him.

If it wasn’t for Mission that great opportunity would not have been analyzed to its fullest.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
Thanked by
Mission146gordonm888
November 15th, 2022 at 12:41:43 PM permalink

tuttigym
link to original post

I doubt there is a question that cannot be answered by others.
Not everyone has the mathematical abilities, plus the writing abilities, plus the willingness to answer the questions.
May the cards fall in your favor.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
Mission146
November 16th, 2022 at 9:31:02 AM permalink

Mission is a vey excellent analyst of gambling games

I really appreciate his efforts here and I'm sure many others do as well

I hope he will continue to post here

thanks again, Mission

Please don't feed the trolls
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Mission146
November 16th, 2022 at 10:34:37 AM permalink
Mission has been one of our most popular and respected members. He has many friends here, even though some of us may just be "online friends."

We are born and we die alone. In-between, who we spend time with is a matter of choice -our choice as well as the choices of others. If Mission chooses to not spend time with us on this forum then I imagine that most of his friends will support that - we want him to live his life as he chooses. IMO, re-evaluating your balance of activities and priorities is a completely healthy thing to do. And if he ever decides to come back to us, if even for a little while, he'll discover that he still has friends here. We'll just be a little older and a little uglier than we used to be. Which is hard to believe.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
Mission146
November 16th, 2022 at 11:41:27 AM permalink
There was something cryptic to Mission's message. No idea what, but there is a hidden message.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
OnceDearDieterJoemangordonm888
November 18th, 2022 at 1:58:22 PM permalink
I know I said I wouldn't be responding to anything, so I immediately acknowledge that I am going back on that. I will keep this brief:

1.) Some Members of various online forums seem to enjoy relentless negativity, pointless questioning of very clearly demonstrated facts and arguing against fundamental facts. Why this amuses them so I will never comprehend, but I will say the fact that it does amuse them says more about them than does my unwillingness to continue to engage them.

2.) With that, I will simply state things from now on. If I know something to be fact, then I have no intention of arguing something that I consider already proven into the ground. It is absolutely a waste of my time...and my time isn't even all THAT valuable, but it still wastes it.

People can simply read what I present as well as what others present and decide what they believe.

3.). The only thing I will say vis-a-vis writing about gambling, Tuttigym, is that one of the two of us gets paid to do so...and it isn't you. If the answers to gambling questions can all already be found on these sites, then all I can say is, "You're welcome," as I wrote some of those pages and posts. I obviously take ZERO credit for the success of the sites and am certainly NOT responsible for the bulk of information to be found in our family of websites, but I am responsible for some of it.

4.) Thank you to everyone who has said kind things about me.

5.) Just in general terms, I am going to try to avoid engaging with negativity and taking part in pointless arguments, in the future. There's simply no percentage in winning such arguments because nothing is really gained, but they all involve time spent, which is lost time. I figure avoiding in engaging in such conduct and engaging with posts that I consider to be negative will improve my overall outlook, thereby resulting in increased productivity and general happiness.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
Thanked by
Mission146
November 18th, 2022 at 2:08:17 PM permalink
Well said, and I admire your resolve, even if you did come back. $:o)
Life is indeed short and our hours squandered on petty, pointless BS are hours we never get back.
Thank you for your contributions to date.
May you find joy in whatever other adventures you divert your attention to.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
Thanked by
Mission146tuttigym
November 18th, 2022 at 3:56:40 PM permalink

I know I said I wouldn't be responding to anything, so I immediately acknowledge that I am going back on that. I will keep this brief:

1.) Some Members of various online forums seem to enjoy relentless negativity, pointless questioning of very clearly demonstrated facts and arguing against fundamental facts.
link to original post

well, hell, engaging people at 'that other site' ... I mean, come on! It's like hanging around houses of ill repute, and though many things may be engaging, educating, adult-world-investigating [there's no English word for that actually], and liberating [due to no holds barred], basically it's to invite yourself to start moaning like the dude in "house of the rising sun" ... you have plunged into the mudpit , don't be surprised if you come out soiled

Just saying
Last edited by: odiousgambit on Nov 18, 2022
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
November 18th, 2022 at 6:25:02 PM permalink
Bills Snow Emergency
UPDATE: Orchard Park, home of the Bills Mafia, is almost up to Josh Allen's head in snow

12 hours later, the snow is 77" deep.
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Nov 19, 2022
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 18th, 2022 at 7:22:13 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Bills Snow Emergency
UPDATE: Orchard Park, home of the Bills Mafia, is almost up to Josh Allen's head in snow

link to original post

For purely selfish reasons, I am pleased that things were nowhere near that intense this morning on the western shores of Michigan.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
Dieter
November 21st, 2022 at 1:18:15 PM permalink
Winter daylight savings time has worked out great for me so far. I was out there over the weekend scraping 8 and 10 in of snow off my new garage roof at 6:30 in the evening when it should have been totally dark I still had 45 minutes of daylight left. A couple more weeks, December 8th, and sunset starts moving forward again. I'm going to do this every year from now on.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
Dieter
November 21st, 2022 at 1:44:44 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Winter daylight savings time has worked out great for me so far. I was out there over the weekend scraping 8 and 10 in of snow off my new garage roof at 6:30 in the evening when it should have been totally dark I still had 45 minutes of daylight left. A couple more weeks, December 8th, and sunset starts moving forward again. I'm going to do this every year from now on.
link to original post

EvenBob
EvenBob
November 21st, 2022 at 2:27:50 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

link to original post

link to original post

So you must feel the same way about summer daylight savings time then. What's the difference winter summer, you just don't quite get it do you.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 21st, 2022 at 2:43:49 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

So you must feel the same way about summer daylight savings time then. What's the difference winter summer, you just don't quite get it do you.
link to original post

Yes.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 21st, 2022 at 3:00:15 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Yes.
link to original post

Yes, you just quite don't get it? That's what I thought. Winter daylight savings time is just as wonderful as summer daylight savings time. Even better in my opinion.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 21st, 2022 at 3:32:45 PM permalink

Yes, you just quite don't get it? That's what I thought.

My friend, changing the time on a clock is not some earth-shattering work of genius. But if it's something you're proud of, I admire the simplicity of your spartan lifestyle.

Quote:

Winter daylight savings time is just as wonderful as summer daylight savings time. Even better in my opinion.
link to original post

Cool.

P.S. My condolences on the loss of your Roulette thread. We're all really broken up about it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 21st, 2022 at 3:50:36 PM permalink

My friend, changing the time on a clock is not some earth-shattering work of genius.

Who says. Know anybody else that does it I didn't think so. And we aren't friends, so knock off the 'my friend' stuff.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
November 21st, 2022 at 7:38:09 PM permalink
Do cows explode if not milked?

Yes.

in "Answers to Kid's Questions"
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 21st, 2022 at 8:10:25 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Yes.

link to original post

You should not drink milk if you're an adult. Your digestion can't handle it
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
November 21st, 2022 at 11:32:30 PM permalink

Quote: rxwine

Yes.

link to original post

You should not drink milk if you're an adult. Your digestion can't handle it
link to original post

Bob I have been drinking milk my whole life I don’t have any problems with it. I even drink it when I’m feeling nauseous. So I think some people can digest it better than others.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 22nd, 2022 at 8:13:32 AM permalink
Do people who don't drink milk eat cereal with water??? Gross!
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 22nd, 2022 at 8:26:17 AM permalink

link to original post

Cap'n Crunch with Mtn Dew was my preferred cold breakfast as a teenager.

I now have diabetes.

Worth. It.
rxwine
rxwine
November 22nd, 2022 at 8:36:09 AM permalink
I've tried cereal with liquefied yogurt. Didn't care for it, but didn't feel like going out for milk. I also tried Spaghetti sauce for ketchup. Didn't have any ketchup. Not so great either.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
November 22nd, 2022 at 10:25:31 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

I now have diabetes.

Worth. It.
link to original post

Are you going to pass that one on to your offspring?

tuttigym
billryan
billryan
November 22nd, 2022 at 12:15:04 PM permalink
I put spaghetti sauce on burgers all the time. I haven't bought ketchup in years.
I had an older fraternity brother who, in a fit of madness, poured Johnny Walker Black over his Wheaties one morning and became a legend. He'd repeat the meal once a year to prove he could do it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
November 22nd, 2022 at 12:22:01 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I put spaghetti sauce on burgers all the time. I haven't bought ketchup in years.
I had an older fraternity brother who, in a fit of madness, poured Johnny Walker Black over his Wheaties one morning and became a legend. He'd repeat the meal once a year to prove he could do it.
link to original post

It does go well with meatballs.

I was on an international flight and we had to make an emergency landing in Canada because of someone who drank too much Johnny Walker Red. I assisted by sitting on the guy until we landed along with some help. We didn't George Floyd him though fortunately.
DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 2
November 22nd, 2022 at 1:24:13 PM permalink

link to original post

TigerWu,

I just eat the dry cereal. Cheerios are my favorite.

Dog Hand
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 22nd, 2022 at 2:03:35 PM permalink

link to original post

I now have diabetes.

Worth. It.
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

Not on purpose. Metformin sucks.
tuttigym
tuttigym
November 22nd, 2022 at 3:14:47 PM permalink

link to original post

I now have diabetes.

Worth. It.
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

Yeah, I was on that also then switched to Glipizide. Two small pills twice a day and no adverse reactions. Works well with a reasonable diet including occasional Mini-Wheats. Check with your M.D.

tuttigym
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
November 22nd, 2022 at 3:31:08 PM permalink
I just learned it is good to drink alcohol when having bad chest pain. Apparently, alcohol is a vasodilator. It is good to learn new things.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 22nd, 2022 at 3:36:57 PM permalink

link to original post

I now have diabetes.

Worth. It.
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

Yeah, I was on that also then switched to Glipizide. Two small pills twice a day and no adverse reactions. Works well with a reasonable diet including occasional Mini-Wheats. Check with your M.D.

tuttigym
link to original post

Tried Glipizide when the good doctor "had an idea".
The side effects were much worse for me.
tuttigym
tuttigym
November 23rd, 2022 at 6:18:07 AM permalink

link to original post

I now have diabetes.

Worth. It.
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

Sorry to hear that. I guess I have been very fortunate with my meds and circumstances.

Have a great Thanksgiving and make that piece of pie just a tad larger than normal.

tuttigym
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 23rd, 2022 at 6:46:11 AM permalink

link to original post

I now have diabetes.

Worth. It.
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

Sorry to hear that. I guess I have been very fortunate with my meds and circumstances.

Have a great Thanksgiving and make that piece of pie just a tad larger than normal.

tuttigym
link to original post

My schedule has me travelling, so no big dinner.
I do appreciate the kind wishes.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 23rd, 2022 at 9:27:56 AM permalink

link to original post

They probably don’t eat cereal, one of the more unnecessary foods that’s a staple for many for whatever reason. Also almond or soy milk, I’m assuming bob was referring to dairy with the digestion issue.
billryan
billryan
November 23rd, 2022 at 9:33:32 AM permalink
The Strange Voyage of the SS Warrimoo.

In December 1899, the SS Warrimoo was on a voyage from Canada to Australia when its Captain, John Phillips, realized he and his ship could do something that had never been done and would be impossible to recreate for decades to come. Changing directions, he had the crew take the boat to a particular spot and wait. Some sailors were directed to ensure they were at one point and others checked out the other, but the two groups didn't know what the other was checking.

After a short wait, the Captain announced their historic achievement.
The boat was precisely at the intersection of the equator and the international dateline.
For the moment, the boat had existed in two different days, two different months, two different years, two different seasons, and two different centuries simultaneously.

Naysayers point out that technology at the time couldn't pinpoint the point precisely, and others that the new century wouldn't be for a year, but many ships try to cross the equator at that spot. A shellback is a sailor who has crossed the equator. A golden shellback crossed at the intersection of the two.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
November 23rd, 2022 at 10:49:52 AM permalink

link to original post

I now have diabetes.

Worth. It.
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

Are you referring to Glimipiride? I take both that and metformin (despite a 36" waist) for diabetes-2, which I do have under control. I agree that glimipiride seems to have no adverse side-effects.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
November 23rd, 2022 at 6:12:30 PM permalink
I am reminded it is the evening of roast meat and round cakes.

Howly Wolfenoot!
billryan
billryan
November 23rd, 2022 at 6:43:15 PM permalink
It's forty-three years since I spent Thanksgiving Eve with John and Yoko. I'll never forget the look of sheer joy he had as he played on the floor with Sean as we grownups sat around and talked. I wish I'd excused myself and joined them.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
November 24th, 2022 at 12:40:18 AM permalink
RT: Don't forget to turn your bathroom scales back 15 pounds tonight at 1AM for Thanksgiving.
rxwine
rxwine
November 25th, 2022 at 11:32:56 AM permalink
If you combined a "real doll" with a virtual reality overlay, you're probably 90% into a full fake replication. Add in a decent AI.
JuliePA
JuliePA
  • Threads: 0
November 25th, 2022 at 11:49:43 AM permalink
Just make sure you get the programmer to sign a pre-nuptial agreement.
rxwine
rxwine
November 25th, 2022 at 12:21:43 PM permalink
Quote: JuliePA

Just make sure you get the programmer to sign a pre-nuptial agreement.
link to original post

One would hope Real Dolls(tm) don't ask you to "put a ring on it" first. Gee, might as well find a flesh and blood spouse.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 25th, 2022 at 12:49:57 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

RT: Don't forget to turn your bathroom scales back 15 pounds tonight at 1AM for Thanksgiving.
link to original post

Pfff....Amateurs. EvenBob set his scale back three weeks ago.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
November 27th, 2022 at 2:07:52 AM permalink

dude has dedicated his life to exposing sneaky price increases - mostly due to less product in a similar looking package

his most famous one is diluted cough syrup - half the strength of the original

https://www.twincities.com/2022/11/26/meet-the-man-on-a-mission-to-expose-sneaky-price-increases-2/amp/

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
November 28th, 2022 at 3:28:30 AM permalink

$450K to own a parking space at some of NYC's luxurious condos

that's more than some mansions in rural areas

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/23/nyc-robotic-parking-systems-luxury-residents.html

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 30th, 2022 at 3:03:23 PM permalink
RIP Christine McVIe, dead at 79.

Saw her perform with Fleetwood Mac at MGM: great show.
"What, me worry?"
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 30th, 2022 at 3:34:48 PM permalink
Not many new movies out that catch my eye, but "Cocaine Bear" certainly has my attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuWEEKeJLMI&t=1s
"What, me worry?"
rxwine
rxwine
November 30th, 2022 at 4:29:47 PM permalink
Ever wonder what they're doing with quantum computing? No? Well, here you go anyway.

Quote:

Tengfei Luo, the Dorini Family Professor of Energy Studies at the University of Notre Dame, and postdoctoral associate Seongmin Kim have devised a transparent coating for windows.

The coating, or transparent radiative cooler (TRC), allows visible light to come in and keeps other heat-producing light out.

The TRC is made up of multiple ultra-thin layers of materials that must be assembled in a precise configuration. By constructing a computational model of the TRC, researchers were able to test each possible configuration of layers in a fraction of a second to identify the optimum combination and order of materials.

Guided by these results, they fabricated the new coating by layering silica, alumina and titanium oxide on a glass base — topping it off with the same polymer used to make contact lenses. The result was a 1.2 micron-thick coating that outperforms all other heat-reducing glass coatings on the market.

“I think the quantum computing strategy is as important as the material itself,” said Luo. “Using this approach, we were able to find the best-in-class material, design a radiative cooler and experimentally prove its cooling effect.”

gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
November 30th, 2022 at 9:02:15 PM permalink
Such coatings have already existed in industry and in the Department of Energy's National Labs: for example Sandia, Lawrence Berkeley, Lawrence Livermore. The Notre Dame press release is just a bit of fluff put together by a PR department that is unaware of what is happening elsewhere in the world.
  • Jump to: