Thread Rating:

Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
May 2nd, 2019 at 11:43:02 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Apparently not.

The opening title card specifies 932 AD.

However the film takes place in neither 932 AD nor 787 AD.

Again what year does the film take place

I will say, based on the events at the end of the movie, 1975.

I never felt the ending was fitting, but as I understand, they ended it that way because they ran out of money.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
May 2nd, 2019 at 12:02:33 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I never felt the ending was fitting, but as I understand, they ended it that way because they ran out of money.

If I remember correctly, even though it looked like intended comedy, the lack of actual horses was also a budget thing.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
May 2nd, 2019 at 12:47:51 PM permalink
AC man came to fix an out of town location freezer. and looked at the ice maker. icemaker was not fixed for a couple months. I went there put in clean cycle with calcium deposit cleaner. reinstalled water distribution tube correctlly. Found water filter clogged and replaced. A couple months later, the AC man charged me for 3 hours of work on the icemaker.

code enf charged us for mowing. City mower told my mom that he isn't mowing our lawn and to tell his boss. I was mowing the lawn. Of course, code enf doesn't like to admit that they are wrong. So we owe 1400 in false mowing bills.

I'm rekeying cash drawer lock with a new mail box cylinder key after closing bc of internal theft. cop hits my car with his bumper. comes to the front, I don't remember them identifying themselves as cops and asked to open window. I have my chl and ask who is this. They say cops. I open window gun NOT drawn in pitch black to see cops behind opaque lexan window. cops said that they got a call that someone was breaking in.

looking forward to someday leave this town.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on May 2, 2019
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 2nd, 2019 at 1:38:16 PM permalink
Just say no!
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
May 2nd, 2019 at 1:52:57 PM permalink

Mostly correct

I would argue the "footage" being confiscated by the police dates the film to production (1974) but thats probably debatable with release (1975)

The film clearly is depicting a bunch of lunatics (or conversely the film crew of Monty Python) doing King Arthur reenactments and resulting in their arrests.

Everything becomes explainable such as the anachronistic Holy Hand Grenade

They actually shot half the film in the modern day but decided to mostly go with the medieval setting in post.

It stands as a pretty unique ending imo
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
May 3rd, 2019 at 12:16:22 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Just say no!

I turned in a truck for an estimate to fix the AC. We picked up the truck to get another estimate. a month later the first shop said we owe 1900. They did no work and took a pulley off. They kept visiting our office when i was gone. I told my bookkeeper that I'd rather die than pay him. We never paid him. We didn't pay3 other companies. Most fraud is detected too late. If I knew sooner that 100% of our AC companies are fraudulent 80% of the time, I would have got tech certified sooner.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on May 3, 2019
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
May 3rd, 2019 at 12:56:04 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

I turned in a truck for an estimate to fix the AC. We picked up the truck to get another estimate. a month later the first shop said we owe 1900. They did no work and took a pulley off. They kept visiting our office when i was gone. I told my bookkeeper that I'd rather die than pay him. We never paid him. We didn't pay3 other companies. Most fraud is detected too late. If I knew sooner that 100% of our AC companies are fraudulent 80% of the time, I would have got tech certified sooner.

You keep calling all these people crooks. Are you and your family the only ones who deserve to get paid for their efforts?
Yes, go build the world by yourself and let us know how that works out for you. I'm pretty sure your family didn't get enough property to be spending 100's of thosands per year for maintenance by giving everyone they came in contact with a completely fair shake.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
May 3rd, 2019 at 7:59:42 AM permalink

They actually shot half the film in the modern day but decided to mostly go with the medieval setting in post.

It stands as a pretty unique ending imo

I've read they added all the "modern day" plotline towards the end of production because they ran out of money and didn't know how to end the movie, so they just quickly shot the police/investigation stuff and interspersed it throughout the film.

So, it was actually "supposed" to be set in Medieval times, but went off the rails towards the end.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
May 3rd, 2019 at 10:04:18 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

You keep calling all these people crooks. Are you and your family the only ones who deserve to get paid for their efforts?
Yes, go build the world by yourself and let us know how that works out for you. I'm pretty sure your family didn't get enough property to be spending 100's of thosands per year for maintenance by giving everyone they came in contact with a completely fair shake.

I know because i took over supervisor 6 years ago. Our business has been here for about 60 years. I started working 7 days/ week since I was 11 years old. I'm almost 50 now. We lost 1.5 mil over the course of 4 years, 80% of their acct.. Most of that went to internal theft and mantenance fraud. I was going to upload an audio file last nite. The AC office billed us for something that they didn't do. When I called the AC man back he kept getting the item on the bill wrong. I told him a fan motor. He didn't know the reason for replacing written on the bill . He asked me what was on the bill. The fraud is so frequent that it goes all the way up to the accountant and owners. I called another owner or supervisor and told him my problem with them destroying 2 compressors. He admitted that combining r22 with 410a will foam up and destroy the unit. He just said thank you and hung up. We need to pay 2.5% property tax for closed down locations. We also lost on a pavement scam I am hopefully going to protect my family from becoming homeless by the "crooks."

The link below is a company that has been in this town for a long time. I suspect theft and fraud to put this company into 75 mil debt.

https://www.feedstuffs.com/news/sam-kane-beef-processors-files-chapter-11-bankruptcy

I knew a burger king manager that said the internal theft went all the way up to the supervisor before all the burger kings in town filed for bankruptcy and the owner fled to florida.

The people here hate us after my friend and alumni university solicited us for years and my dad donated money to the university which was publicized. this led to a fall out with our outspoke AC service man and mantenance man that we had for decades. Our workforce is judgemental of us donating to the university. Initially my dad said no to the university and the officer of advancement blocked him from leaving the door. But it would take years before he would donate.

My engineer friend had his dad's referral come to his home to estimate a plumbing job, He said "Get the f**k of my land."

Also when we refused to pay a few companies we were on a quasi blacklist. While I was taking AC class, we had signed proposals for two AC's at double the normal price and they didn't install for 2 months. my worker said, " we are not animals" AFter I graduated I told them to cancel one of the proposals. They were reluctant to cancel and said that they don't know if they can I insisted that it had been two months and he canceled

We had 4200 lb of frying oil missing in one day and 30 boxes of french fries missing in one day. I installed cameras 6 men quit and we got 6 drive by shootings within two months, our first time with drive bys. A group of them admitted they were blood gang and painted stuff red. He was trying to boss us around so i fired him.

Do I need to explain the criminal activities by restaurant employees too. There is a prevelance of drug usage and dealing among workers. I gave an employee 50 to pay for rent she was jailed for possession of drugs that night. People calling in with text pics of themselves in ICU and selling drugs using restaurant worker as a cover. There is alot of internal theft which is one reason I wanted to drop to one location. The estate lawyer said that you can't legally deem my mom mental incapacity for making bad decisions and being almost 80. They have to be mentally disabled like my dad who lost his brain 6 years ago. the cops didn't want to solve the tbone and run case. The truck left his bumper at the scene. didn't make the news. there is a lot of selective and bias enforcement.

My dad graduated with a double in science and i graduated with a bachelors in science and minor in math. My mom has a bachelors in nursing. We aren't the crooks.

Maxpen, you must have limited experience owning multilocation businesses. Ever wonder why the mexican restaurants are well mantained and the other minorities are struggling.

Interesting anecdote: Our lengendary mantenance man was on the roof with me discussing the location of a water infiltration leak. He said it was coming from the metal facade of the roof. I hired 3 carpenters to see where it was coming in with no success. i used roof coating to eliminate everywhere except the roof edge. It was coming in between the flashing and roof sheeting. But our lengendary mantenance man should have known Because someone told me later that he discovered the whole roof sheet flip over during a wind storm. we never had a successful wind storm claim. We had a wind destroyed roof top compressor that was not approved for coverage. insurance fraud is another story. My mom was rear ended by a wreckless drive, both with no lane change. Mom was going 45 in access rd. Other most have been over speed limit. Guess which side the cop and insurance company takes. we've been victim of a bribed lawyer and cops.. thats other stories. google "cameron county judge convicted." But it isn't just there. its probably everywhere.

https://youtu.be/QHGeDg6XX6U
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on May 3, 2019
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
tringlomane
May 3rd, 2019 at 11:48:28 AM permalink
No one ever said running a restaurant was easy.😀

billryan
billryan
May 3rd, 2019 at 11:56:18 AM permalink
I have indeed been wondering why Mexican restaurants are doing well and the other minorities aren't. What are your invites into this?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 3rd, 2019 at 1:06:16 PM permalink

I have indeed been wondering why Mexican restaurants are doing well and the other minorities aren't. What are your invites into this?

Are Chinese restaurants not doing well? I thought they've been killing it for like a century... Indian places seem really popular, too.
Joeman
Joeman
May 3rd, 2019 at 1:45:15 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Are Chinese restaurants not doing well? I thought they've been killing it for like a century... Indian places seem really popular, too.

As for Chinese restaurants, all I see around here is either take out or Asian buffets. It seems the days of a regular Chinese sit-down restaurants where you order off a menu are gone. Around here, anyways.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
May 3rd, 2019 at 2:32:46 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I've read they added all the "modern day" plotline towards the end of production because they ran out of money and didn't know how to end the movie, so they just quickly shot the police/investigation stuff and interspersed it throughout the film.

So, it was actually "supposed" to be set in Medieval times, but went off the rails towards the end.

Wikipedia which may be wrong says it was planned that way from then beginning.

I did read it wrong however. I said they shot the film 1/2 in the present day when it was only the first draft screenplay. By the time of production they had cut most of the modern stuff. Again, according to wikipedia!

You have a link? I am interested in reading it
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 3rd, 2019 at 2:37:19 PM permalink

Wikipedia which may be wrong says it was planned that way from then beginning.

I did read it wrong however. I said they shot the film 1/2 in the present day when it was only the first draft screenplay. By the time of production they had cut most of the modern stuff. Again, according to wikipedia!

You have a link? I am interested in reading it

I actually don't. I could be wrong as well. That's just something I'd heard over the years. I have the DVD with all the extra behind the scenes stuff and commentary on it but I haven't watched it in years.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
RS
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
May 3rd, 2019 at 8:05:54 PM permalink

Mexican food is cheap, good and made pretty fast. Even legitimately good places, as opposed to DT.

As others said, I'm not sure this is even true. Vegas and LA, where I've lived recently, are full of Pho, Indian, Chinese, Thai, etc. along with some Ethiopian, Peruvian (the nuts) and others.

The one thing Vegas doesn't have, as far as I am aware, is a good Jewish deli. The one the Mirage is bad.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
May 3rd, 2019 at 8:13:49 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Mexican food is cheap, good and made pretty fast. Even legitimately good places, as opposed to DT.

As others said, I'm not sure this is even true. Vegas and LA, where I've lived recently, are full of Pho, Indian, Chinese, Thai, etc. along with some Ethiopian, Peruvian (the nuts) and others.

The one thing Vegas doesn't have, as far as I am aware, is a good Jewish deli. The one the Mirage is bad.

Yeah, the Mirage one had big, expensive portions that were just mediocre. Best I could say for it was 24 hrs (at that time, don't know now).

I did like the one down SE of the airport, in a strip mall. PaiGowDan used to take me there. Good whitefish salad and other NY Deli stuff.

Edit: Weiss Deli, E Sunset &GVP.

Weiss Deli
2744 N Green Valley Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 454-0565
https://maps.app.goo.gl/JbC9MzA9aTFtykn57
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
May 3rd, 2019 at 9:43:39 PM permalink
I had Chinese for lunch. I love Chinese but it kills me. Into a nap this evening. I never take naps even after working 15 hours but eat some Chinese for lunch and I am knocked out. Maybe it's the msg. Have had Chinese 100 times and every single time has been general tso chicken
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
RS
May 4th, 2019 at 7:48:44 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

San Francisco had to take down theft warning signs because they are racist. https://www.sfexaminer.com/the-city/golden-gate-bridge-officials-change-anti-theft-signs-after-objections-surface/

So bathroom signs are now racist for depicting "black" people? And I wonder how long before the orange man signs become "racist" because people think they're too "ethnic" somehow... Must be nice to have not a single problem in your life that this becomes an issue.

Quote:

added: https://www.dailywire.com/news/46734/knowles-students-triggered-george-washington-mural-daily-wire

LOL what a bunch of idiots....
billryan
billryan
May 4th, 2019 at 8:36:33 AM permalink
The early bird gets the worm.
Stopped by a garage sale on the way back from the dog park. Woman had some really great stuff. Multi million dollar horse property.
She has a red cube that has a bunch of shoes in it. Sitting on top is a pair of red loafers that say Gucci. They appear brand new and don't look like knockoffs, but there are good fakes out there. Woman says $10 a.pair or $30 for the whole cube. I look in and see several pairs of new looking shoes labeled Gucci. I take the cube.
I get home and the red shoes turn out to be Gucci driving slippers that sell for over $400. A pair of leather trimmed hi top sneakers seems to go for about $300, and a pair of Coach Boots look used, but still has the $279 price tag attached. There are two other unidentified pairs that seem like Gucci but I can't id yet.
An easy $500 score, just for getting up early. Life is good. Best part was not hauling heavy boxes around.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
May 4th, 2019 at 8:47:39 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

I like Weiss Deli on Sunset
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
May 4th, 2019 at 12:37:31 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I like Weiss Deli on Sunset

It would be below par if located in NY, but it's the best I've.come across out here.
Most older New Yorkers call delis in NY German , not Jewish.
rxwine
rxwine
May 7th, 2019 at 12:49:04 AM permalink
Report finds more doctors stealing prescriptions
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/report-finds-more-doctors-stealing-presciptions/ar-AAAZigE?ocid=spartanntp

Getting a taste of some of those powerful opiates is a bad idea if you don't really need them. Best resist the temptation.

Also, I'd be pretty pissed off if I had major surgery and someone was giving me fake pain pills or shots.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
May 7th, 2019 at 9:01:45 PM permalink
The second time the kids from the school next door has ripped off plywood to climb through a closed down drive thru restaurant and vandalize inside. I get a text message from my surpervisor. "A lady from the city of **** just called and said they got complaints from the police that kids are going in and out of the **** on ***** . She needs to talk to u a.s.a.p and see what y'all are going to do with the building. She said she's going to start working on a case substandard Her name is ****...."

The last time this happened where homeless ppl were breaking into a vacant warehouse. They sent us a first notice of warrant and discussed demolition and took me immediately to municipal court. I believe that they are wanting me to demo the concrete wall building. Which I demoed. I have been so busy. I quit playstation for the last 5 years. I quit jogging for 2 years. I jogged for 19 years with triathlons, centuries and marathons and clubs. I have been doing AC work everyday and now the city is blaming me for the school kids breaking in. The school next door is for kids that got kicked out of other schools. I believe the the kids are tied to gangs that tried to bully us. We had to fire one gang memeber who was stealing and trying to override every manager and the owner.

The code enforcer wants to meet me at the location. I figure she wants to go inside without a warrant and start to make a case against us and drag us into municipal court. I've never talked back and only been nice to every enforcer in town. And kept my mouth shut when they didn't even know they own city codes.

Break in's usually happen when I am out of town like now, ppl are keeping tabs on me. I'm taking fasttrack plumbing for a week in another state. For a while I found it surprising that, repeatedly, the first night I'm out of town for a year, someone would break into a location. Then it dawned on me that ex worker works at the alarm co. I don't set the office alarm when I'm in town sleeping at the office. When the alarm is on all night, a locaiton is broke into. Guess who the alarm co. worker is friends with, a gang member that used to work for us.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on May 8, 2019
MaxPen
MaxPen
May 7th, 2019 at 11:12:39 PM permalink

Break in's usually happen when I am out of town like now, ppl are keeping tabs on me. I'm taking fasttrack plumbing for a week in another state. For a while I found it surprising that, repeatedly, the first night of I'm out of town for a year, someone would break into a location. Then it dawned on me that ex worker works at the alarm co. I don't set the office alarm when I'm in town sleeping at the office. When the alarm is on all night, a locaiton is broke into. Guess who the alarm co. worker is friends with, a gang member that used to work for us.

They're only conspiring against you if they setup a blackjack game with Chinese prison decks in your vacant joints.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
May 8th, 2019 at 12:19:30 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

They're only conspiring against you if they setup a blackjack game with Chinese prison decks in your vacant joints.

I have other stories where cops, lawyers, and gang members colude

We got a notice that we were about to be default judgement. I called my lawyer that day and stopped it. I don't think the deputy ever handed us a notice of appearance. another case: Our lawyer was on vacation and the opponent demanded a fast trial. I called the replacement lawyer, she didn't have or know about our evidence. I had to email it and the opponent backed down.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on May 8, 2019
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 8th, 2019 at 8:07:51 AM permalink
Wow, jjjoooggg, it sounds like you might be the perfect person to ask something I've been wondering for years....

What's the deal with vacant buildings? It seems like they just sit there for years. Doesn't it just bleed money with property taxes and what not, with zero revenue coming in? How do people/business owners afford to just let a building sit for months or years on end? Wouldn't it just be cheaper to demo it and sell the vacant lot?
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
May 8th, 2019 at 8:16:38 AM permalink
I read that second paragraph in a Jerry Seinfeld voice.

In many cases, the owners aren’t paying the taxes on the building anyway, so then there is a tax lien placed upon them and they eventually go to Sheriff’s Sale, auction, whatever. Anything that they sell for covers the taxes, or it doesn’t, and they either do or don’t go after the owner for the remaining taxes.

As far as demoing and selling the lot, I guess it depends on how much it costs to demo and how much you can sell the lot for after realtor fees are taken out. Depending on the location, it would also depend on whether or not the empty lot is even reasonably likely to sell. And having demolished the structure, the owner would still theoretically have to pay taxes on the lot until it does sell.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
billryan
billryan
May 8th, 2019 at 8:26:42 AM permalink
Often times, vacant buildings are struck by what is often referred to as Jewish Lightning. The owner collects insurance money and effectively abandons the building. The town/state is reluctant to foreclose for back taxes because then they are responsible. So it sits empty, back taxes and penalties accrue and a lien is attached. The property is probably owned in a corporate name so The real owners are off the hook.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 8th, 2019 at 2:09:47 PM permalink
In some areas banks have so many properties that selling them free and clear for one dollar is the only way to raise the market value of the remaining structures whose mortgages then become performing.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 9th, 2019 at 9:32:33 AM permalink
If you're clueless aboot both the legal process as well as your particular situation, how do you intelligently shop for a lawyer? Throw darts? Trust anonymous reviews?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 9th, 2019 at 9:40:33 AM permalink
Quote: Face

how do you intelligently shop for a lawyer?

Few ever do.
Joeman
Joeman
May 9th, 2019 at 10:13:08 AM permalink

If you're clueless aboot both the legal process as well as your particular situation, how do you intelligently shop for a lawyer? Throw darts? Trust anonymous reviews?

What? Y'all don't have 1-800-ASK-GARY up there? :P

Seriously, though, I have heard you should start at your state's bar association website. Full disclosure: I have never done this. The few times I needed a lawyer, I used word-of-mouth recommendations from family or other lawyers.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
AxelWolf
May 9th, 2019 at 10:18:59 AM permalink

I usually start with friends and family for recommendations.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
May 9th, 2019 at 11:30:38 AM permalink

Seriously, though, I have heard you should start at your state's bar association website. Full disclosure: I have never done this.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE

Lawyer Referral and Information Service is a free public service of the State Bar of Nevada. It’s an outstanding resource when you’re looking for an attorney but don’t know who to call. Each year LRIS refers more than 15,000 people to panel attorneys.

Not Sure What Type of Attorney You Need To Be Referred to?

We have friendly staff trained to select qualified and experienced attorneys to refer you to. Attorneys are pre-screened and must meet pre-set qualifications in terms of cases handled and years of experience. They are also required to have malpractice insurance.

How Does the Lawyer Referral Service Work?

For an immediate referral we will provide you with the name of an attorney who practices in the area of law related to your problem so that you can set up a consultation of up to thirty minutes. The non-refundable fee is $45.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a couple years in College my wife's goal was to become a pharmacy tech after she was done with all the schooling both online and local courses etc. For the online portion she specifically asked the school if the certificate (or whatever you call it would certify her in NV. She asked both via Email and on the phone and they said yes. So, she moved forward and took the classes needed. After she was all finished and ready to go she was informed by NV the online school's certificate did not cover this state. So I called the school pretending to be interested in taking the same course. I recorded them telling me the same thing they told her after emphasizing it had to be good for a Nevada State certification (I even told them they were being recorded).

I felt she had a case for her money back and some type of compensation for her time wasted and income lost having to take a new course(IIRC it was at least 6 months just online).

We use that lawyer service above. The lawyer wanted to meet at a Starbucks. That was kinda a red flag, but he had what seemed like a good reason at the time. We had to pay $60 (not $45) before we talked to him. I just paid in cash. I brought the recording and email and all the information about the school, payments and the documents time she spent on the course

He talked to us for like 5 min and basically said, you have no case and that was that. I wasn't buying it, but I really don't know. I certainly didn't think it would be some big score for her or anything. We had other stuff going on at the time and we didn't want to wast any more time on trying to sue them.

We figured out you could just go get certified in different state where it was accepted and your certification would get transferred here.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
May 9th, 2019 at 11:55:15 AM permalink

Sounds like a good story here.

Doesn't your union help with referrals like you seek? Whatever it is, someone there has been before.
rxwine
rxwine
May 9th, 2019 at 12:01:40 PM permalink

One television lawyer suggests asking your potential lawyer what cases he's won in the area you're concerned with. Then I guess look it up and see how they did.

If he/she doesn't provide any wins, be sure and ask for a big discount.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
May 9th, 2019 at 12:16:37 PM permalink
Axel, so what ended up happening. Did she get certified?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 17
May 9th, 2019 at 12:23:13 PM permalink
It may be too late, but that kind of situation is the kind of thing the Attorney General might be interested in.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
May 9th, 2019 at 2:09:08 PM permalink

The second time the kids from the school next door has ripped off plywood to climb through a closed down drive thru restaurant and vandalize inside. I get a text message from my surpervisor. "A lady from the city of **** just called and said they got complaints from the police that kids are going in and out of the **** on ***** . She needs to talk to u a.s.a.p and see what y'all are going to do with the building. She said she's going to start working on a case substandard Her name is ****...."

The last time this happened where homeless ppl were breaking into a vacant warehouse. They sent us a first notice of warrant and discussed demolition and took me immediately to municipal court. I believe that they are wanting me to demo the concrete wall building. Which I demoed. I have been so busy. I quit playstation for the last 5 years. I quit jogging for 2 years. I jogged for 19 years with triathlons, centuries and marathons and clubs. I have been doing AC work everyday and now the city is blaming me for the school kids breaking in. The school next door is for kids that got kicked out of other schools. I believe the the kids are tied to gangs that tried to bully us. We had to fire one gang memeber who was stealing and trying to override every manager and the owner.

The code enforcer wants to meet me at the location. I figure she wants to go inside without a warrant and start to make a case against us and drag us into municipal court. I've never talked back and only been nice to every enforcer in town. And kept my mouth shut when they didn't even know they own city codes.

Break in's usually happen when I am out of town like now, ppl are keeping tabs on me. I'm taking fasttrack plumbing for a week in another state. For a while I found it surprising that, repeatedly, the first night I'm out of town for a year, someone would break into a location. Then it dawned on me that ex worker works at the alarm co. I don't set the office alarm when I'm in town sleeping at the office. When the alarm is on all night, a locaiton is broke into. Guess who the alarm co. worker is friends with, a gang member that used to work for us.

This sounds like hell.

Is it possible for you to just sell it all of and enjoy life a bit?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
May 11th, 2019 at 4:48:15 PM permalink
Has anyone went back to using a flip phone after using a smart phone?

Debating at least trying it for a while, seems in many ways to be causing more harm than good for me, mindlessly scrolling through the Internet all the time when many other things I’d rather have myself doing. Life will have to be more deliberate and planned out, but just sickening looking at my screen time log and then thinking of other way I wish I was spending my time.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 11th, 2019 at 5:13:26 PM permalink
each type of phone has an off switch
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
Thanked by
Nathan
May 11th, 2019 at 5:13:31 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Has anyone went back to using a flip phone

My burner phone is a simple candy-bar. Liberating to have a week's battery life and no features that can abuse or betray my privacy.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
May 11th, 2019 at 5:43:14 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

My burner phone is a simple candy-bar. Liberating to have a week's battery life and no features that can abuse or betray my privacy.

Sometimes "Dumb," phones are the smartest phones. 😁
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
May 11th, 2019 at 10:09:40 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Has anyone went back to using a flip phone after using a smart phone?

Debating at least trying it for a while, seems in many ways to be causing more harm than good for me, mindlessly scrolling through the Internet all the time when many other things I’d rather have myself doing. Life will have to be more deliberate and planned out, but just sickening looking at my screen time log and then thinking of other way I wish I was spending my time.

It takes forever to scroll through Nathan’s Corner on a flip phone
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
May 11th, 2019 at 10:57:59 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Liberating to have a week's battery life

I get just about a day and a half between charges on my flip phone.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
May 12th, 2019 at 1:14:40 PM permalink
Brigitte Bardot has my vote as the most beautiful actress of all time - all real - no botox - no silicon
had a certain Je ne sais quoi - insouciance
who's your most beautiful actress?

Last edited by: lilredrooster on May 12, 2019
Please don't feed the trolls
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
May 12th, 2019 at 1:30:35 PM permalink
It might be a stretch to call her an actress but Barbie Benton has everything I want.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
May 12th, 2019 at 1:46:31 PM permalink
and coming in at #2 - Sophia Loren

Please don't feed the trolls
  • Jump to: