Thread Rating:

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
Hunterhill
October 3rd, 2018 at 8:42:45 AM permalink
Gawd I cannot stand people who do that. And then if you do want to sit in your seat they ask you “if you mind.” GTF out of my seat! Airplanes, even decent people usually turn into complete animals.

Also there should be pricing based on a sliding scale of the BMI of the person you’re sitting next to in economy.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
October 3rd, 2018 at 9:05:01 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thank you. This is all rather interesting and I'm sure could be discussed for hours. My learning curve is very steep at this point, so can't think of any good cross talk at this point. I will say the Wiki entry on the Constitution of the United Kingdom seems a good source.

Let me ask a couple of questions:

1. What are the rights to trial by jury in the UK?
2. How far do freedom of speech rights extend?

1. In England and Wales (which have the same legal system), everyone accused of an offence which carries more than six months imprisonment has a right to trial by jury. ... Middle-ranking ("triable either way") offences may be tried by magistrates or the defendant may elect trial by jury in the Crown Court.

2. We have good freedom of speech rights under UK and European law. However not as comprehensive as those in the US...
I personally consider our comprise on such rights as acceptable and would not want the right to incite racial hatred or to broadcast state secrets. Some of the 'free speech' from your leader would be considered borderline illegal for a UK or European citizen if broadcast from such high platforms.

Of course we have free speech in private.

Quote: quora

No, the UK does not have freedom of speech. At least not in the same way that e.g., the US does in its first amendment.

The UK did incorporate the European Convention on Human Rights into law in 1998, and this guarantees the Freedom of Expression. But there are a large number of exceptions.

This is a non-exhaustive list:
Threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour intending or to cause harrassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace
Incitement to racial hatred
Incitement to religious hatred
Incitement to terrorism (plus a lot of not-very-well defined stuff about distributing or owning materials likely to be of use to a terrorist)
Treason (this includes advocating the abolition of the monarchy, though the Law Lords have "stated the bleeding obvious" when they opined that this has not been enforceable for many years)
Defamation (this has a high burden of proof on the defendent, and leads to a worrying number of people coming to the UK to prosecute libel cases)
Indecency including the corruption of public morals (again, good luck trying to enforce this one)
Many restrictions on reporting court cases
Time, manner and place restrictions
Prior restraint
Classified materials

In everyday practice, the UK has wound up with similar restrictions to most Western democracies. The glaring exception is the libel laws -- they are much stricter than most.

Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
October 3rd, 2018 at 9:09:52 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Why is it so hard for people to sit in their correct Fing seat on an airplane.

The major difficulties that I have encountered have been generated by the airline. I book a specific pair of seats for my wife and myself, perhaps months in advance, print out my boarding pass for those seats before I leave home, and as I am boarding the plane the ticket agent hands me a slip for a different seat! When I have objected, the only excuse I get is "Equipment change." Now the plane we are getting on is the exact same version of the same aircraft as was listed when I booked the seats, but the flight attendant says I can either take the new seat assignments or get off the plane. In one case, this happened when my wife was recovering from rotator cuff surgery and I had booked coach-class exit-row seats that were 2-across (instead of 3-across) in order to have more room for her arm. Nooooo. We had to take the 3-across seats that they re-assigned us to. Another time, I booked first-class seats (yes, using frequent flyer miles -- hey, I'm cheap), and come time to board, we weren't even allowed to sit together.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
mcallister3200
October 3rd, 2018 at 11:03:04 AM permalink

Why is it so hard for people to sit in their correct Fing seat on an airplane.

My whole strategy of flying is to book a window seat, weeks in advance and try, to be asleep before the plane leaves the tarmac. I like to lean my skull on the bulkhead.

I have even paid extra for the window seat.

A flight not to long ago, I was seated toward the back of the plane in my assigned window seat and snuggling in as passengers were still boarding. The stewardess comes to me and asks if I would mind moving so a "family" could sit together. I say sure, as long as it's another window seat. All I could see as far as a "family" was a young man and woman, with no kids, but that was the family that the stewardess was trying so hard to sit together.

I sleep for awhile and the two person family is sitting in front of me, one with a window and one in the middle. I go back to sleep and when I wake, the one in the window seat was still sitting there, but the other had moved two rows forward to also get a window seat.

They had lied and gamed the stewardess and at least one other passenger to both get window seats, it no longer mattered to the "family" if they sat together, they were willing to lose any credibility to get what they wanted. People are so shallow. I almost got the stewardess and pointed it out to her, what she had gone through because of these liars.

And I hear you on the assigned seat thingy. Lots of times, after I have carefully booked my preferred seat, I will board, and someone else [ that I assume now is gaming the seating] will be in my seat. I always have them move. I've had stewards try to talk me out of it. I am adamant about getting a window, as I have prepared weeks in advance. Then people act like it was an accident that they were sitting in my window, when their ticket is either middle or isle.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
October 3rd, 2018 at 1:16:15 PM permalink
I always book the window and my wife on the isle. If someone is assigned the middle seat my wife will scoot over and give the other person the isle.

I'm always amazed that people can't figure out the row numbers and are one or two off.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 3rd, 2018 at 1:17:23 PM permalink

1. What are the rights to trial by jury in the UK?
2. How far do freedom of speech rights extend?

Trial by jury is honored but can result in some delay and can be lost by failure to request it in a timely manner.
Freedom of speech is less extensive.
Matters that are before the court may not be always be discussed with the parties or in the press. A very strict rule in New Zealand law, a less strict on in the UK but still a problem we in the USA do not face.
Attacks on character are unwise in that calling someone "An Irish Traveler" is an offense against the public order.
Calling some a Plebe (plebian) is not illegal but it did cost a Minister his job and career even though he never said it.
In Scotland particularly, police questioning while in custody requires a verbal response even if it is 'no comment'. In the usa you can remain silent even when asked do you understand these rights.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 3rd, 2018 at 1:40:39 PM permalink
Stopped by Wendy's for lunch today. I had a coupon for a free half salad. I asked if I could pay the difference and get a full salad instead. Cashier said sure.
A half salad is $4.99, a full one is $6.99. I thought she'd charge me $2 for an upgrade, but she charged me $4.99.
Should she have?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
October 3rd, 2018 at 1:53:21 PM permalink
I had thought the Magna Carta came about by the King's Castle being under siege, the king was forced to sign it. That's what I had meant.
I am a robot.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
October 3rd, 2018 at 2:02:06 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Stopped by Wendy's for lunch today. I had a coupon for a free half salad. I asked if I could pay the difference and get a full salad instead. Cashier said sure.
A half salad is $4.99, a full one is $6.99. I thought she'd charge me $2 for an upgrade, but she charged me $4.99.
Should she have?

She could probably only ring up pre-programmed SKU’s.

But your math is still off. Half off a full salad would be $3.50.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
October 3rd, 2018 at 2:19:06 PM permalink

Should she have?

You should have bust her kneecaps than pour ranch dressing over the bish
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
MaxPen
October 3rd, 2018 at 3:01:09 PM permalink

Should she have?

I think she handled it properly. You purchased a half salad and got the other half for free.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
October 3rd, 2018 at 3:37:47 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

She could probably only ring up pre-programmed SKU’s.

But your math is still off. Half off a full salad would be $3.50.

Not sure his math is off. Obviously the coupon should have a value of $4.99, not $3.50. If he bought two half salads, he would pay $4.99. not $3.50. I'd probably just decline being charged $4.99, and take the free half salad. He is upgrading, which implies getting a better value, or it's pointless. Definitely Bill Ryan was not offered the deal he wanted, he was offered a bad deal. The difference is $2, that's what he wanted, I think it's not wrong to want this. Makes no common sense to want to pay $4.99 in my opinion, nobody would want that, it would be a better deal to get a free half, and pay for a $6.99 full.
I am a robot.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1491
October 3rd, 2018 at 3:48:34 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

In England and Wales (which have the same legal system), everyone accused of an offence which carries more than six months imprisonment has a right to trial by jury. ... Middle-ranking ("triable either way") offences may be tried by magistrates or the defendant may elect trial by jury in the Crown Court.

Is the Crown Court separate from the courts in whatever the alternative is? What are reasons pro and con for choosing each?

In Maryland, at least for some offenses, you can choose a trial where the judge makes the verdict in lieu of a jury trial. The state probably encourages it, to save money on jury trials.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
October 3rd, 2018 at 3:58:47 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Attacks on character are unwise in that calling someone "An Irish Traveler" is an offense against the public order.

I'll have to refrain from saying that when I encounter Irish tourists here in Vegas. Honestly, what is so insulting about it? I think "traveler" sounds much better than "tourist." In fact, there was a scene about this distinction in the movie The Sheltering Sky.

Quote:

Calling some a Plebe (plebian) is not illegal but it did cost a Minister his job and career even though he never said it.

What's is so offensive about that one, as well? What rare times I hear that word I believe it refer to the freshman year in a military academy or college.

Quote:

In Scotland particularly, police questioning while in custody requires a verbal response even if it is 'no comment'. In the usa you can remain silent even when asked do you understand these rights.

I never thought of that.
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 3rd, 2018 at 4:14:40 PM permalink

Is the Crown Court separate from the courts in whatever the alternative is? What are reasons pro and con for choosing each?

In Maryland, at least for some offenses, you can choose a trial where the judge makes the verdict in lieu of a jury trial. The state probably encourages it, to save money on jury trials.

I had to do a bit of googling as I've only limited experience of our court system.

here's a good summary
https://www.judiciary.uk/you-and-the-judiciary/going-to-court/magistrates-court/

Magistrates courts deal with minor cases, generally where the sentence is less than 6 months, and as a preliminary hearing for more serious cases. They are generally decided by a bench of 3 justices of the peace, who are 'trained, unpaid members of their local community'. Usually the lead Magistrate is a trained professional. I considered becoming a JP. No juries in Magistrates courts.

Crown Courts deal with more serious cases, which are often referred from the magistrates court. Crown courts are tried by a professional Judge, either with or without a jury.

Quote: wikipedia

In England and Wales, a magistrates' court is a lower court which holds trials for summary offences and preliminary hearings for more serious ones. Some civil matters are also decided here, notably family proceedings. In 2015 there were roughly 330 magistrates' courts in England and Wales,...

Almost all criminal proceedings start at a magistrates' court. Summary offences are smaller crimes (such as public order offences or most driving matters) that can be punished under the magistrates' courts limited sentencing powers – community sentences, fines, short custodial sentences. Indictable offences, on the other hand, are serious crimes (rape, murder); if an initial hearing at the magistrates' court finds there is a case to answer, they are committed to the Crown Court, which has a much wider range of sentencing power. Either-way offences (such as theft) will ultimately fall into one of the previous categories depending on how serious the particular crime in question is (a minor theft will be dealt with in a magistrates' court; a serious theft will be dealt with in a Crown Court).

In Magistrates courts, Cases are heard by a bench of three (or occasionally two) lay judges, or by a paid district judge (magistrates' courts); there is no jury at a magistrates' court.

The Crown Court ( of which there are about 92 in England and wales ) carries out four principal types of activity: appeals from decisions of magistrates; sentencing of defendants committed from magistrates’ courts, jury trials, and the sentencing of those who are convicted in the Crown Court, either after trial or on pleading guilty.

Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 3rd, 2018 at 4:26:57 PM permalink

I'll have to refrain from saying that when I encounter Irish tourists here in Vegas. Honestly, what is so insulting about it? I think "traveler" sounds much better than "tourist." In fact, there was a scene about this distinction in the movie The Sheltering Sky.

Travelers refers to Gypsies (also a banned word), the actually originated in Central India and refer to themselves as 'men of the world' and to men who work at jobs as "serfs". Women are brought up to know how to use their bodies; men are brought up to be big, strong and aggressive.
Migration patterns took them to Ireland for awhile hence the Irish surnames. They generally live in caravans and as squatters often moving into homes irrespective of whether they are occupied or not. Forcibly removing a squatter from your home is an offense in Europe and particularly in France is a very serious matter under the Human Rights Court's jurisdiction. Breaking the fingers of a pick pocket will get you both criminal and civil penalties for impairing his income. (I'm serious).

What's is so offensive about that one, as well? What rare times I hear that word I believe it refer to the freshman year in a military academy or college.

Same with me, but in the UK its more like 'you lower class, uneducated clod'. See: Bicycle Gate incident involving The Met and a Government Minister who was forced to resign three days later.

>>>>I never thought of that.
In Scotland the also have a Procurator Fiscal who has financial control over police and who sits as a sort of one person grand jury in all cases of alleged public corruption.

Magistrates court is lower level stuff usually and very speedy, the Judge is addressed as Your Worship.
Crown Court will be more deliberative and the Judge is Your Lordship.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
October 3rd, 2018 at 4:40:50 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Midway through a two week trip here, and I must say that the east coast is objectively just the worst. Idk how I had forgotten, guess it’s been a couple years. The tolls, the god awful accents (please get some speech therapists out here), the mass amounts of ugly trees, old ass buildings, just the worst places ever. Oh and F the liberty bell. Give me any other region of the country or give me death.

Add on to rant. Virtually impossible to find a purchasable avocado in a grocery store. They’ve got me going into grocery stores specifically to buy an avocado and walking out with anything but. Humid, rainy, yada yada.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 3rd, 2018 at 4:45:57 PM permalink

Should she have?

I used that could today too. Got 4 for 4 for today's lunch and half taco salad for tomorrows. Good value. 4.24 for 2 lunchz.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 3rd, 2018 at 4:55:40 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Add on to rant. Virtually impossible to find a purchasable avocado in a grocery store.

Yeah. In the South they are known as Alligator Pears. Often come from Mexico or Chile. Nutritious but they go from rock hard to rotten. I've given up on trying to buy them here in Florida.
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
October 3rd, 2018 at 6:21:04 PM permalink

A very strict rule in New Zealand law, a less strict on in the UK but still a problem we in the USA do not face.

Speaking of strict New Zealand laws, anyone heading that way might want to familiarize themselves with what appears to be new laws requiring people to hand over their phone to customs as well give them the password.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/03/asia/new-zealand-customs-passwords-intl/index.html

$3,200 fine if you don't.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 3rd, 2018 at 6:55:49 PM permalink
NZ is a rather peaceful country.
Police are unarmed.
Jails are spotlessly clean.
Wood and certain insects entering their country is of great concern to them.
Cell phones are legally subject to being searched but its much more likely you will be struck by lightning.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
October 3rd, 2018 at 7:03:53 PM permalink

NZ is a rather peaceful country.

I've traveled the world a fair bit and find NZ to as close to perfect as you can get. Not that I'm ashamed of the US, but it is hard to say one bad thing about NZ and easy to say many good things. I hope to unicycle across the country after I retire, but before I get too old.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
djatcpetroglyph
October 3rd, 2018 at 9:00:13 PM permalink
Recently me and a friend/partner had conversation.

I made a comment that I had heard and understood as a kid until this day.

I said, she/he wouldn't be happy even if they were hung with a new rope. They looked at me as if I had 2 heads.

I totally understand what that means.... At least in my mind. They had never heard of that phrase and asked me about it. They didn't get it. We had a long debate why the phrase was wrong/right.
Last edited by: AxelWolf on Oct 3, 2018
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
billryan
billryan
October 3rd, 2018 at 9:13:55 PM permalink
My Grandmother used to say that when she was exacerbated , but I have no idea what it means or its origin. I imagine it's Irish.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 3rd, 2018 at 10:26:04 PM permalink
My strategy when flying -- board as late as possible. I'm not gonna stand in like for 30 minutes, just to stand in another line for 20 minutes, just to sit in my seat for 20 minutes, then finally start taking off and stuff. Nah, I'm gonna get on almost dead last, sit down, then start take off or w/e they do with planes nowadays.

It's amazing, they'll say "now boarding zone #1" and you see every damn person get in line. NO, STOP <insert Michael Scott gif>.

A few weeks ago, I f***ed up and didn't get me one of them "big" seats, so I was stuck with the fellow peasants. At least I got an emergency seat exit row things. I get up to my seat and what do you know -- 3 Russians are in my row. I'm like bruh you in my seat. They try speaking half-Russian and half-English, asking if I mind switching seats with them. Uhh....no, I'm not gonna give up my near-primo exit-row-seat (aisle, none the less....btw an isle is an island or something) just so I can sit in between two people in row 57 or some nonsense.

Add on to what mcallister said about the East coast and how horrible it is -- everything he said is 100% true. Objectively, trees are literally the worst things ever.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 3rd, 2018 at 10:49:28 PM permalink

I said, she/he wouldn't be happy even if they were hung with a new rope. They looked at me as if I had 2 heads.

I totally understand what that means.... At least in my mind. They had never heard of that phrase and asked me about it. They didn't get it. We had a long debate why the phrase was wrong/right.

I don't think I've heard it said. I've definitely read it. And the context and background was about as bad as anything ever.

Could go back to Merrie Olde England, though. Or further. Now that you mention it.

But in this country, it's a patronizing and evil joke/threat for blacks/slaves deserving a lynching, told by their self-determined judges and executioners, from back in the day.

So you might want to drop it from your casual conversations. Even if that's not your understanding, it's what they mean in the South.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 3rd, 2018 at 11:22:38 PM permalink

Please,... its hanged, not hung.
New rope, old rope or white silk (royalty) by the time you get to the attentions of the hangman, its too late to worry about details.
Executions used to be carried out with older ropes so as to avoid any stretchiness that was inherent in a new rope. Boiling the rope and hanging it under tension was done in England when hangings were common. Required as part of the old Army regulations for conducting an execution and often specified in the old regulations for hangings conducted in certain states, such as the State of Washington.

Fortunately we have few executions anymore and none by hanging.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 3rd, 2018 at 11:29:09 PM permalink

I've traveled the world a fair bit and find NZ to as close to perfect as you can get. Not that I'm ashamed of the US, but it is hard to say one bad thing about NZ and easy to say many good things. I hope to unicycle across the country after I retire, but before I get too old.

Don't get confused as to which side of the road you need to be on. Though I think you might try a recumbent bike, they make more sense. Woofing there is quite popular: Willing Workers On Organic Farms.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
PokerGrinder
October 3rd, 2018 at 11:56:20 PM permalink
HOLY CARP, I totally forgot today (October 3'rd) is Mean Girls Day.
djatc
djatc
Thanked by
RS
October 4th, 2018 at 12:00:29 AM permalink
Quote: RS

the 3st is real

also, that's so fetch
GWAE
GWAE
October 4th, 2018 at 12:35:39 AM permalink

My strategy when flying -- board as late as possible. I'm not gonna stand in like for 30 minutes, just to stand in another line for 20 minutes, just to sit in my seat for 20 minutes, then finally start taking off and stuff. Nah, I'm gonna get on almost dead last, sit down, then start take off or w/e they do with planes nowadays.

It's amazing, they'll say "now boarding zone #1" and you see every damn person get in line. NO, STOP <insert Michael Scott gif>.

A few weeks ago, I f***ed up and didn't get me one of them "big" seats, so I was stuck with the fellow peasants. At least I got an emergency seat exit row things. I get up to my seat and what do you know -- 3 Russians are in my row. I'm like bruh you in my seat. They try speaking half-Russian and half-English, asking if I mind switching seats with them. Uhh....no, I'm not gonna give up my near-primo exit-row-seat (aisle, none the less....btw an isle is an island or something) just so I can sit in between two people in row 57 or some nonsense.

Add on to what mcallister said about the East coast and how horrible it is -- everything he said is 100% true. Objectively, trees are literally the worst things ever.

I am the same way. I booked a ticket the other day and they are trying to sell early boarding. I am like wtf, who wants to board early. I already have my seat so why the hell do I want to get on early.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
LoquaciousMoFW
LoquaciousMoFW
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
mcallister3200PokerGrinder
October 4th, 2018 at 1:47:13 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

the 3st is real

also, that's so fetch

djatc stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen!
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
Thanked by
AxelWolf
October 4th, 2018 at 6:08:20 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I already have my seat so why the hell do I want to get on early.

Well, the situation I have often encountered lately is that some folks walk down the aisle toward their assigned seat back at the tail and cram their carry-on luggage in the first empty bin they find. If you board later in the process, there quite likely will not be any overhead storage available anywhere near your seat, and whatever you carried on will either have to be crammed down by your feet or be relegated to checked baggage areas. Do you really want your computer and medications going to the checked baggage area?
GWAE
GWAE
October 4th, 2018 at 8:21:44 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

Well, the situation I have often encountered lately is that some folks walk down the aisle toward their assigned seat back at the tail and cram their carry-on luggage in the first empty bin they find. If you board later in the process, there quite likely will not be any overhead storage available anywhere near your seat, and whatever you carried on will either have to be crammed down by your feet or be relegated to checked baggage areas. Do you really want your computer and medications going to the checked baggage area?

Ok there ya go, I guess there are reasons. I almost never take a carry on so that has never been an issue. The times that I did need the overhead I didnt have a problem. However I have never boarded the plane late. My wife is one of those annoying people that will wait near the line so when they call the zone she is already nearby. Annoys the hell out of me.
billryan
billryan
October 4th, 2018 at 9:51:21 AM permalink
I always book an aisle seat and usually have priority boarding. Once on board, I don't sit in my seat, but the seat next to it.
I figure I'll have to get up when the person shows up anyway. This keeps my shoulders from being jostled by the folks headed to steerage.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 4th, 2018 at 10:52:48 AM permalink

I always book an aisle seat and usually have priority boarding. Once on board, I don't sit in my seat, but the seat next to it.
I figure I'll have to get up when the person shows up anyway. This keeps my shoulders from being jostled by the folks headed to steerage.

No wonder those Middle East airlines are working on planes with sleeping compartments and gyms and spacious fruit-juice lounges.
djatc
djatc
October 4th, 2018 at 11:43:24 AM permalink
Quote: LoquaciousMoFW

Quote: djatc

the 3st is real

also, that's so fetch

djatc stop trying to make fetch happen! It's not going to happen!

Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
October 4th, 2018 at 11:45:04 AM permalink

My wife is one of those annoying people that will wait near the line so when they call the zone she is already nearby. Annoys the hell out of me.

Divorce is cheaper than dealing with that.

2-10hrs of being stuck in a seat that's too small, in a tube that's too cold, surrounded by meat that's too people. Why in every f@#$ would you want firsties?

I'd rather be last in a gangbang than first on an airplane.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 4th, 2018 at 11:53:43 AM permalink
Quote: Face

Divorce is cheaper than dealing with that.

2-10hrs of being stuck in a seat that's too small, in a tube that's too cold, surrounded by meat that's too people. Why in every f@#$ would you want firsties?

I'd rather be last in a gangbang than first on an airplane.

Plane fuselages are disease vectors, I think it's funny that airlines board first class first, then every flu carrying low grade walks past them exhaling virus, coughing and sharing with them. If I were first class, I wouldn't want to board until they were readying to take off.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 4th, 2018 at 12:35:14 PM permalink
Is it pathogen laden people or all the filters, humidifiers, nooks, crannies that harbor pathogens for weeks even if the pilot actually uses some bleed air?
GWAE
GWAE
October 4th, 2018 at 12:47:41 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Plane fuselages are disease vectors, I think it's funny that airlines board first class first, then every flu carrying low grade walks past them exhaling virus, coughing and sharing with them. If I were first class, I wouldn't want to board until they were readying to take off.

I always wondered that too. If I never say in first I would definitely rather be on the plane last.
GWAE
GWAE
October 4th, 2018 at 1:47:53 PM permalink
I have a story to post that will put a certain someone into a tizzy. Can't decide if I want to watch the train wreck
OnceDear
OnceDear
October 4th, 2018 at 3:15:32 PM permalink

I have a story to post that will put a certain someone into a tizzy. Can't decide if I want to watch the train wreck

I do :o)
GWAE
GWAE
October 4th, 2018 at 3:47:11 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I do :o)

Well that certain someone is currently suspended so the train will only derail. Gotta wait a few days.
scolist
scolist
  • Threads: 0
October 4th, 2018 at 4:37:30 PM permalink

Well that certain someone is currently suspended so the train will only derail. Gotta wait a few days.

I want to see it too.

A) Will it cause their head to explode, and will they shout profanities? Which of course might lead to another Suspension.
B) For suspensions this year alone, where is the Over/Under line at?
There's no way out of here When you come in You're in for good There was no promise made The part you played The chance...........you took
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 4th, 2018 at 4:49:57 PM permalink

Is it pathogen laden people or all the filters, humidifiers, nooks, crannies that harbor pathogens for weeks even if the pilot actually uses some bleed air?

We have two air purifiers at home, I think I love them?

They catch so much fine dust it's amazing, and then the final two stages Hepa and then all the return air goes past a UV-C light, supposedly to kill bacteria. I was hesitant to buy them at first as they are a touch expensive [but how much is one dr. visit?] and these filters are pricey. So I to blow them out a couple times before replacing them with an air compressor. Yuge amount of fine grey dust. Just that alone probably increases lung capacity? It would be even better if someone has birds or cats & dogs.

A big problem here at the local hospital since they went private is, they laid off some of the cleaning staff, and now have a reputation for increased MRSA, Staph etc. My Dr. and I were laughing about his first five years interning, he was continually sick, he calls kids "disease vectors". Funny, but true. So many people catch bugs on planes. It seems like almost every flight, someone is hacking their lungs out.

When planes land to take on more passengers, I never see them using sanitizers on the seats or anything. It's really not that hard to knock down a lot of the bacteria, if they cared. I'd like to see them spraying the surfaces with food grade H2O2 smartly.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 4th, 2018 at 7:52:34 PM permalink
lemon oil, lavender oil and oil of wintergreen for the insides of plastic tubing. Puts a lot of pathogens on the run.

I use an ozone generator from Shanghai to clean the insides of my vacuum cleaner hose that I have to breathe through.

Scandinavian countries keep kids out of schools until age seven. Cheaper to pay the mothers seven years of salary than suffer all that employee absences as germs migrate everywhere.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 5th, 2018 at 4:16:58 AM permalink
They always run to Vegas.

Linq security personnel detain family of five for unknown reason but when Metro arrives a warrants check reveals the Florida couple had rented their parents home to multiple victims in Craigslist/Facebook scam.

Why do felons always flee to Las Vegas and why did they come to the attention of Linq security personnel?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
October 5th, 2018 at 4:33:46 AM permalink
Rising Sun Casino trims one-hour drive to Kentucky down to a five minute and five dollar ferry ride in hopes of gaining casino customers while also aiding local residents to get to their jobs easier.
djatc
djatc
October 5th, 2018 at 1:30:34 PM permalink
If you guys ever go to Lucky Penny at the palms ask how much everything costs at the pastries area. They never put prices on them and I asked why they do that and they said it's to make it more "fancy". That is dumb and therefore everytime I go there to use a comp I ask them how much everything costs. Have fun
  • Jump to: