JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
February 15th, 2014 at 3:11:53 PM permalink
Quote: juiciejennie

hey guys!! please click "like" on my page to be Miss Mint!!~
http://themint400.com/2014/02/jennifer-y/

I finally read through some of the "did you send juiciejennie a pm" thread. Mostly entertaining stuff.

But I was surprised to see how few (apparently) members voted for her in the MINT 400 contest. It just seems like the gentlemanly thing to do, so why not take a minute to vote and support another forum member ?
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
February 15th, 2014 at 3:13:42 PM permalink
I voted for the Russian woman.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
February 15th, 2014 at 3:16:36 PM permalink
With all due respect to JuicieJennie, checking the Facebook tally of other contestants, she'll have to be a Judge entry, she has no prayer of getting in by public vote. She already said she didn't realize she had to market herself on that avenue.

The public vote thing is a glorified Facebook pre-existing Friends popularity contest, it's fundamentally unfair.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
February 15th, 2014 at 3:17:34 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

I voted for the Russian woman.

That too.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
February 15th, 2014 at 4:20:28 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

With all due respect to JuicieJennie, checking the Facebook tally of other contestants, she'll have to be a Judge entry, she has no prayer of getting in by public vote. She already said she didn't realize she had to market herself on that avenue.

The public vote thing is a glorified Facebook pre-existing Friends popularity contest, it's fundamentally unfair.

I wonder what type of 'marketing' the judges require…?
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
February 15th, 2014 at 4:21:40 PM permalink
I did vot e for, and it was the least I could do. Years ago I did the modelling/acting gig in and shortly after college so I know it is often a hard way to make an easy living, hey hey.
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
February 15th, 2014 at 4:25:40 PM permalink
Enough with the JJ talk. This is getting a little ridiculous.

Oh wait, there is a ignore thread button.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
February 15th, 2014 at 4:31:19 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I wonder what type of 'marketing' the judges require…?

Pizza delivery?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
February 15th, 2014 at 4:48:34 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Enough with the JJ talk. This is getting a little ridiculous.

This thread isn't about jj, it is about helping a fellow forum member (that just happens to be jj). When you enter a contest I will vote for you.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
February 15th, 2014 at 5:36:37 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

This thread isn't about jj, it is about helping a fellow forum member (that just happens to be jj). When you enter a contest I will vote for you.

I agree. I don't understand some of the guys here. A beautiful woman asks for votes, yet some guys here proudly proclaim that they voted for someone else. I honestly don't see the purpose of making such an announcement. It's fine if you did in fact vote for someone else, but I don't get the need to publicly say so.

Kinda like if a member posted a picture of their child and said, "Isn't he/she adorable?" Then someone replied, "No, your kid's ugly as sin." If you really do think the kid's ugly that's one thing, but it's best to keep that to yourself.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
February 15th, 2014 at 5:59:08 PM permalink

I was surprised to see how few (apparently) members voted for her in the MINT 400 contest.

I couldn't figure out how to vote.

Quote: Beethoven9th

I agree. I don't understand some of the guys here. A beautiful woman asks for votes, yet some guys here proudly proclaim that they voted for someone else. I honestly don't see the purpose of making such an announcement. It's fine if you did in fact vote for someone else, but I don't get the need to publicly say so.

Kinda like if a member posted a picture of their child and said, "Isn't he/she adorable?" Then someone replied, "No, your kid's ugly as sin." If you really do think the kid's ugly that's one thing, but it's best to keep that to yourself.

I agree 100%.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Mission146
Mission146
February 15th, 2014 at 6:10:03 PM permalink
I think this might be partially my fault.

When I had made my initial post in that thread, I indicated that I was voting for JuicieJennie and went into detail about who I thought could win (JuicieJennie was one of five) and who I thought would definitely not win. In that post, I also indicated who I would have voted for if I did not know JuicieJennie through her posts here, I wasn't saying I actually voted for her.

In terms of comparisons, it's a beauty context, so I would maintain that comparing other girls in the contest to her (when she brought up the contest) isn't rude, it's the nature of what a beauty contest is.
sodawater
sodawater
February 15th, 2014 at 6:14:21 PM permalink

This is not the same at all. JJ DID post a picture of herself. Everyone said she was beautiful. Including me.

Then she posted the link to the beauty contest. I voted for the girl I thought was most beautiful, which happened not to be JJ. That's not to say JJ isn't also beautiful. I'd actually say JJ was one of the most beautiful of all the contestants. If not for the Russian girl, she'd have gotten my vote.

In your analogy, Beethoven, you are saying someone went out of his way to call a child ugly. That's not what happened because pretty much everyone called JJ beautiful.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 15th, 2014 at 6:16:40 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I think this might be partially my fault.

Ah, Mission is the ultimate diplomat. :D

Honestly, I don't think there was anything wrong with your post at all, and I think juiciejennie and others would agree. You had critiqued the entrants much like a beauty pageant judge would and were totally objective.

As for some of the other members in that thread? Well...
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 15th, 2014 at 6:19:38 PM permalink

This is not the same at all. JJ DID post a picture of herself. Everyone said she was beautiful. Including me.

She asked for votes though. I guess I just don't see the purpose of announcing that your vote lessened her chances of winning when that's her main goal.
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
February 15th, 2014 at 6:45:55 PM permalink
Discussing the contestants in a beauty contest shouldnt be any different than like discussing the players at the final table of the WSOP.
sodawater
sodawater
February 15th, 2014 at 6:55:54 PM permalink

She asked for votes though. I guess I just don't see the purpose of announcing that your vote lessened her chances of winning when that's her main goal.

So if the russian woman joined this site, would you be OK with voting for her? Or does it go by who asks first? Or maybe it should just go by whomever you feel like voting for, since it's a beauty contest -- literally.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
February 15th, 2014 at 6:58:09 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I couldn't figure out how to vote.

Get to the MINT 400 website, ie MINT 400 website find jj's picture in about the 10th row, and click on the "like". I think the # of likes equals the # of votes.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
February 15th, 2014 at 6:59:43 PM permalink

So if the russian woman joined this site, would you be OK with voting for her? Or does it go by who asks first? Or maybe it should just go by whomever you feel like voting for, since it's a beauty contest -- literally.

You can vote for whoever you like, since that is confidential. However, if the Russian asks for your vote, and you vote for somebody else, I think it would be the gentlemanly thing to just say nothing at all. In the unlikely two entrants both ask for your votes, I think the diplomatic thing would be to PM the one you did vote for with your support and refrain from public comment.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
February 15th, 2014 at 7:01:14 PM permalink

You can vote for whoever you like, since that is confidential. However, if the Russian asks for your vote, and you vote for somebody else, I think it would be the gentlemanly thing to just say nothing at all. In the unlikely two entrants both ask for your votes, I think the diplomatic thing would be to PM the one you did vote for with your support and refrain from public comment.

I don't think it's confidential.
1BB
1BB
February 15th, 2014 at 7:07:14 PM permalink

Get to the MINT 400 website, ie MINT 400 website find jj's picture in about the 10th row, and click on the "like". I think the # of likes equals the # of votes.

What is the runner up called, Miss Junior Mint? I'm on a roll tonight! Good night all.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
SFB
SFB
  • Threads: 2
February 15th, 2014 at 7:17:52 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

What is the runner up called, Miss Junior Mint? I'm on a roll tonight! Good night all.

Are you going to do a Tootsie Roll?

1BB: That was pretty funny...

;)

SFB
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 15th, 2014 at 7:34:30 PM permalink

+1

Was going to reply, but then I saw the Wizard's reply. Couldn't have said it better myself.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
February 16th, 2014 at 7:30:06 PM permalink

Hey, here's an idea ! How 'bout a post about gambling ? Or something.....

So, following up on that thought from the sister thread, I would add:

This young lady seems to be going for the girl next door aspect, which I respect and think sets her apart from the others:

Girl Next Door

But this one not as much:

"and doing anything with animals"

Good luck to everyone. It takes a lot of self-confidence to enter a contest like this and I certainly give you credit for that. Peace.
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
February 16th, 2014 at 7:40:09 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

I don't think it's confidential.

You are right, it may not be confidential but is it the right thing to do?

There may sometimes be more than one correct answer.
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Mission146
Mission146
February 16th, 2014 at 8:25:13 PM permalink

This young lady seems to be going for the girl next door aspect, which I respect and think sets her apart from the others:

Girl Next Door

She's most impressive, according to her description, she's actually more than one woman!
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 17th, 2014 at 4:33:25 AM permalink

"and doing anything with animals"

I bet you this is false based on the things I've seen on the internet involving animals that I wish I could unsee.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
SFB
SFB
February 17th, 2014 at 6:05:43 PM permalink
You can still vote for JJ. She is up to 19 votes at this point in time.

SFB
SFB
SFB
March 27th, 2014 at 5:21:49 PM permalink
And we had a winner... ;)

Mint400 gal

SFB
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
March 27th, 2014 at 5:55:28 PM permalink
Boo.

I voted for JJ.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
March 28th, 2014 at 5:03:38 AM permalink
Outstanding qualifications :-)
1BB
1BB
March 28th, 2014 at 5:54:12 AM permalink
Quote: SFB

Mint400 gal

SFB

A great big duh to all the contestants. Miss Mint today, and who knows, Potus tomorrow. Free boobs for all!

Is she a member here? Can I insult her? What does everyone think of the photo in the lower left? Is that what she really looks like? It reminds me of what Denise Richards looks like today and that is not good.

Is Denise a member here? Never mind.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 28th, 2014 at 6:00:49 AM permalink

A great big duh to all the contestants. Miss Mint today, and who knows, Potus tomorrow. Free boobs for all!

Is she a member here? Can I insult her? What does everyone think of the photo in the lower left? Is that what she really looks like? It reminds me of what Denise Richards looks like today and that is not good.

In the words of long missed member "WongBo" - "4/10. Would not bang."
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
March 28th, 2014 at 7:21:10 AM permalink
I wish he'd return, priceless sense of humor.

The pic in the lower right got my vote BTW, didn't notice any of the others... :-)
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 28th, 2014 at 12:29:51 PM permalink
Elbows too pointy

Don't suspend me
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
March 28th, 2014 at 12:36:32 PM permalink

Mint400 gal

SFB

Why don't you like boobs? Why can't we have anything nice?
1BB
1BB
March 28th, 2014 at 1:05:46 PM permalink

Mint400 gal

SFB

Why don't you like boobs? Why can't we have anything nice?

How did you arrive at that conclusion? I'm just having fun with the whole Miss Mint thing.

You can still click to see all the contestants. There is nothing definitive in their photos but I'm thinking there aren't many rocket scientists in the group. Ouch! Sign 'em all up for the forum. Then I'll have to apologize to each one. My office - now!

I do like the photo of Miss Mint sitting on the stairs. I wonder if she does any freelance modeling between her Miss Mint duties.

I love women!
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
March 28th, 2014 at 1:31:23 PM permalink

How did you arrive at that conclusion? I'm just having fun with the whole Miss Mint thing.

You can still click to see all the contestants. There is nothing definitive in their photos but I'm thinking there aren't many rocket scientists in the group. Ouch! Sign 'em all up for the forum. Then I'll have to apologize to each one. My office - now!

I do like the photo of Miss Mint sitting on the stairs. I wonder if she does any freelance modeling between her Miss Mint duties.

I love women!

My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but IIRC you were also the one (on an old thread that just got revitalized) asking the Wizard if it was worth the money to pay the models for his site.

When I am looking at a beautiful woman, the last thing in the world that I am thinking is, gee, I hope that someone didn't pay her too much to be here.

Also, I know some very hot women who are also very intelligent and successful, so don't jump to conclusions there.
1BB
1BB
March 28th, 2014 at 4:19:38 PM permalink

My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but IIRC you were also the one (on an old thread that just got revitalized) asking the Wizard if it was worth the money to pay the models for his site.

When I am looking at a beautiful woman, the last thing in the world that I am thinking is, gee, I hope that someone didn't pay her too much to be here.

Also, I know some very hot women who are also very intelligent and successful, so don't jump to conclusions there.

Yea, I was going for tongue and cheek as well. I'm still genuinely curious about the process of hiring a model.

I'm also wondering if there is a way to verify that these women actually add to this site's bottom line. Are we supposed to believe that someone visits the site, sees the models and then drops everything to join Bovada? It can't be that simple.

Most of us are familiar with the beautiful women at the electronic blackjack. Let's get them here. There's one that follows me with her eyes every time I walk by. I tried to follow her to break but she must sneak through the back. :-)
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
April 1st, 2019 at 9:09:23 AM permalink
We went to the Mint 400 during this last trip to Vegas. It's been in Primm for a while now, no longer near downtown Vegas.

Wasn't much like HST described. Pretty tame actually. We were already inured to the concept of watching racers go 'round and 'round a track with no resolution until the last few laps, as Encore sent us free to the Nascar races the weekend before, but still, expected a little more of a colorful crowd and scene at the Mint 400.

The racers were ready at dawn. Fine sunrise over the desert. Very tense. But the race didn’t start until nine, so we had to kill about three long hours in the casino next to the pits, and that’s where the trouble started.

The bar opened at 7:00. There was also a “koffee & donut canteen” in the bunker, but those of us who had been up all night in places like the Circus-Circus were in no mood for coffee & donuts. We wanted strong drink. Our tempers were ugly and there were at least two hundred of us, so they opened the bar early. By 8:30 there were big crowds around the crap-tables. The place was full of noise and drunken shouting.

A boney, middle-aged hoodlum wear-a Harley-Davidson T-shirt boomed up to the bar and yelled: “God damn! What day is this – Saturday?”

“More like Sunday,” somebody replied.

“Hah! That’s a bitch, ain’t it?” the H-D boomer shouted to nobody in particular. “Last night I was out home in Long Beach and somebody said they were runnin’ the Mint 400 today, so I says to my old lady, ‘Man, I’m goin’.” He laughed. “So she gives me a lot of crap about it, you know … so I started slappin’ her around and the next thing I knew two guys I never even seen before got me out on the sidewalk workin’ me over. Jesus! They beat me stupid.”

He laughed again, talking into the crowd and not seeming to care who listened. “Hell yes!” he continued. “Then one of ’em says, ‘Where you going?’ And I says, ‘Las Vegas, to the Mint 400.’ So they gave me ten bucks and drove me down to the bus station. …” He paused. “At least I think it was them. …

“Well; anyway, here I am. And I tell you that was one hell of a long night, man! Seven hours on that goddamn bus! But when I woke up it was dawn and here I was in downtown Vegas and for a minute I didn’t know what the hell I was doin’ here. All I could think was, ‘O Jesus, here we go again: Who’s divorced me this time?'”

He accepted a cigarette from somebody in the crowd, still grinning as he lit up. “But then I remembered, by God! I was here for the Mint 400 … and, man, that’s all I needed to know. I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. …”

Nobody argued with him. We all understood. In some circles, the “Mint 400” is a far, far better thing than the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby and the Lower Oakland Roller Derby Finals all rolled into one. This race attracts a very special breed, and our man in the Harley T-shirt was clearly one of them.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
April 1st, 2019 at 3:49:48 PM permalink
since this thread got revived on previous page, might as well post a pic of the reason it was created:

I don't have the pic of her in the Mint400 contest :(
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
  • Jump to: