2 votes (14.28%)
4 votes (28.57%)
1 vote (7.14%)

14 members have voted

treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
January 15th, 2014 at 10:09:13 AM permalink
Plans for two new slaughterhouses one in New Mexico and the other in Missouri for horses, appear to have been shot down (excuse pun). The Feds are not allocating monies for inspectors that oversee the slaughter of horses.

Most may be surprised to know that most vets approve of horse slaughter.

How about this light, fluffy subject?
Each day is better than the next
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
January 15th, 2014 at 10:30:40 AM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

Plans for two new slaughterhouses one in New Mexico and the other in Missouri for horses, appear to have been shot down (excuse pun). The Feds are not allocating monies for inspectors that oversee the slaughter of horses.

Most may be surprised to know that most vets approve of horse slaughter.

How about this light, fluffy subject?

What I've read lately says most meat or poultry or other food is self inspected anyway, the fda doesn't do much except maybe after the fact of a mass poisoning of the population, like a salmonella outbreak.

When I was little my aunt fed her family horsemeat so my mom tried it with us. It's no worse than average to poor quality beef. Now free range horse grass fed is probably pretty good. Many country's eat dog meat. It mostly depends on how it is taken care of.
bushman
bushman
  • Threads: 9
January 15th, 2014 at 11:34:15 AM permalink
Don't care much, either way. However, coming from the Land of Enchantment, it would do the local economy of said slaughterhouse a lot of good.

I don't think I will ever eat it, but I know people who will.
Never count your winnings at hour 23 of a 24-hour drive.
  • Jump to: