Thread Rating:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 29th, 2013 at 1:36:42 AM permalink
Yikes! Did anyone see tonight's fight when Silva snapped his leg after Weidman checked the kick??

Here's the clip (although YouTube will probably delete it shortly):

Fighting BS one post at a time!
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
December 29th, 2013 at 1:44:50 AM permalink
Yeah I was watching live and I thought it was a good move by the UFC TV crew to only show the leg snap twice. I wanted to see how it happened but I didn't need to see it any more than that. Wisely, they also omitted it from the post-fight interview. Could very well be the end of Silva's career but hopefully he can at least come back to fight Roy Jones in the boxing match he wanted where the leg won't be used in that way.

As to why the other guy was cheering even though a leg break happened was because he and his team had worked on that precise defense against the hard kicks of Silva. Done right checking a kick with the knee not only saves your leg from the kick damage but also hurts the other guy a bit, of course this is an extreme example of what can happen when you check a kick perfectly. He did try to go over to console/help Silva but Silva was screaming from the pain and you could hear the ref say "Now is not the time Chris" to him. If it was another guy you might say bad sportsmanship but he was pretty respectful before and after.

Just a bad break(no pun intended) to end the fight.
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
December 29th, 2013 at 2:14:42 AM permalink
I was there everyone turned away and the entire crowd left the second it happend
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
  • Jump to: