Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 30th, 2013 at 7:40:52 PM permalink
Just go back to being the Braves until the team leaves town.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
hwccdealer
hwccdealer
  • Threads: 11
December 4th, 2013 at 5:28:39 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Fair enough. The only problem is that I never said that ALL liberals are the same. But a great deal of liberals who use the slur "teabaggers" are the same people who condemn "Redskins".

Maybe there are some hypocritical liberals who do that. Or maybe they have their reasons - i.e. a Tea Party member chooses to be a Tea Party member, just as a liberal chooses to be a liberal. As such, "teabagger" is more closely analogous to "libtard," not "Redskins." Someone doesn't choose to be what one would derisively call a "redskin." I don't know. I've never dug that far into it.

I do know this - I look at the name "Redskins" the same way I look at Augusta National's policy against female members (that now has two big-name exceptions.) Should the team change its name? Probably. Just as Augusta National SHOULD admit women. But by no means is it anywhere near right to force it on them. Let them do so at their own pace and see if pressure to change the name picks up. This could be something that washes over and is forgotten, or it could be enough to tone down the imagery. Let's see how it plays out.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 4th, 2013 at 5:52:25 PM permalink
Quote: hwccdealer

a Tea Party member chooses to be a Tea Party member, just as a liberal chooses to be a liberal. As such, "teabagger" is more closely analogous to "libtard," not "Redskins.".

I have to disagree. 1st off I will not use the term teabag with an "er" added at the end.
Even though I have been told its offensive, I don't have any idea why. I have been told its connected to gays. How, I have no idea. Its a complete mystery to me. To me, adding "er" generally refers to occupation or place of origin. Moonshine made by a moonshiner. Icelander from Iceland. ect.
Tard is a whole different animal. Its retard without re. Its insulting. Its so obvious.
Tea bag is something you put in hot water, to me adding an er means a person. Like labor and laborer which is a person.
I don't use Teabag with er because its offensive to conservatives. I have no idea why because I have zero interest in gay culture . I need a conservative to teach me about gay culture, they are so up on this stuff. Please conservatives, I need to be educated in gay culture.
Why exactly is this offensive?
Is putting er after anything offensive to you guys?

If I've used a team all my life to describe a group of people and I was told later some people find the term offensive.
I would stop using that term.
Its that simple.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
  • Jump to: