10 votes (28.57%)
21 votes (60%)
7 votes (20%)

35 members have voted

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
November 13th, 2013 at 2:01:31 PM permalink
Hmm...didn't see anything about trans fats or marijuana there.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 13th, 2013 at 2:02:48 PM permalink
How about fatheads ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 13th, 2013 at 2:09:14 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

How about fatheads ?

Great place! Love their BBQ wings!

http://www.fatheadspittsburgh.com
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 13th, 2013 at 2:10:43 PM permalink
Do you get a royalty for them using your name ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 13th, 2013 at 2:13:55 PM permalink
Huh? My name's not 'Pittsburgh'.
ewjones080
ewjones080
  • Threads: 33
November 13th, 2013 at 2:15:03 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Pretty much. Sugar has no nutritional value, we don't
need to eat it. And didn't eat very much of it till modern
times. Type 2 diabetes was almost unknown 100 years
ago, now it's an epidemic.

I've said here before, I quit eating sugar 40 years ago. I
was on some special diet that was all raw foods, no meat,
no sugar, no processed crap. I did it for 3 months and then
was at some lecture where they had glazed donuts. I always
loved them and so I ate three in about 10min and ended
up in the hospital. My pancreas was so not used to refined
carbs by then, eating that much pure sugar in 10min rammed
so much insulin into my system that I passed out.

I researched sugar and never touched it again. I got small
amounts in things like bread, but never ate anything where sugar
was in the first 5 ingredients. I'm approaching my mid 60's and
every year my bloodwork has the same numbers. My doctor
never talks to me about anything because there's nothing to say
except 'see you next year'.

I've never been much into sweets, so it's been easy for me to stay away from them. That's why it pisses me off that a lie began in the 70's that fats are bad, so they started replacing fat with sugar. How many items tote Fat Free on the label? Just check the grams of sugar on fat free versus full fat. I just snort in derision when I see the fat free, andvertised as if its healthy.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 13th, 2013 at 2:24:27 PM permalink
Quote: ewjones080

I've never been much into sweets, so it's been easy for me to stay away from them. That's why it pisses me off that a lie began in the 70's that fats are bad, so they started replacing fat with sugar. How many items tote Fat Free on the label? Just check the grams of sugar on fat free versus full fat. I just snort in derision when I see the fat free, andvertised as if its healthy.

In the movie Supersize Me, the guy was sick
because McD's has so much sugar in all their
foods, except a couple. The combo of fat and
sugar is lethal.

"Our research supports the theory that high-fat/high-sugar foods stimulate the brain in the same way that drugs do," Schroeder said. "It may explain why some people can't resist these foods despite the fact that they know they are bad for them."

http://www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/r14/Science/2013/1016/Oreos-addictive-Rats-treat-Oreos-like-cocaine-study-suggests
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ewjones080
ewjones080
  • Threads: 33
November 13th, 2013 at 2:31:48 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

In the movie Supersize Me, the guy was sick
because McD's has so much sugar in all their
foods, except a couple. The combo of fat and
sugar is lethal.

"Our research supports the theory that high-fat/high-sugar foods stimulate the brain in the same way that drugs do," Schroeder said. "It may explain why some people can't resist these foods despite the fact that they know they are bad for them."

http://www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/r14/Science/2013/1016/Oreos-addictive-Rats-treat-Oreos-like-cocaine-study-suggests

YES.. the COMBO of fat and sugar and they made fat the fall guy. That's why I've been so into ketogenic. Nearly cutting all carbs.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
November 13th, 2013 at 5:06:29 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Whichever way you answer...I do find it ironic that the people who want to ban trans fats because they're bad for you are the same people who want to legalize marijuana because of the freedom to choose.

If the right is for freedoms, and the left is for freedom of marijuana (if not other things), how come it took so many years to get this far on legalization?

Something doesn't add up.

Well, one would think something doesn't add up.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 13th, 2013 at 5:24:14 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

If the right is for freedoms, and the left is for freedom of marijuana (if not other things), how come it took so many years to get this far on legalization?

The right doesn't throw around the "freedom of choice" argument nearly as much as the left does. (Not saying that they don't use it at all, it's just not their primary argument the way it is with the left)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 14th, 2013 at 3:36:00 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I can only speak for myself in that I have seen some bad effect of marijuana on people. Knew a guy in college was hooked on the stuff, only reason he left his apartment was to meet his dope connection. When he did, he would wait until I went for beer and drop him off the two blocks away then walk back. Yes, that lazy. Same guy and his buddies drove from Olean, NY to Erie, PA over Christmas Break to get the B-Day card his grandmother sent to get the money inside to buy more weed.

I will concede that he could have been hooked on anything else, but what I saw was not good. If we do legalize we would need to fold under the influence behavior the same as with alcohol.

I might consider decriminalizing small amounts to a summary offense and fine, but I really do not want to see the stuff sold at 7-11.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: