Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 10th, 2016 at 5:17:15 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

The current betting odds would seem to agree.

Yet Paddy Power, the biggest bookmaker
in Ireland, has already declared him the
winner and paid all bets. That's a big story.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 10th, 2016 at 5:39:28 PM permalink
RE: Florida Election Law

Quote:

Chapter 99 of the Florida Statutes

In Florida, a candidate cannot file for more than one office at a time if the terms of those offices run concurrently. Thus, any elected public official wishing to run for office must resign if the term of that office will run concurrently with the office the official currently holds.[6]

This is the law that precludes Rubio from running for Congress if he allows his name to be on the ballot officially Mar 15 (disregarding early voting). If he's on the ballot for the Presidency next Tuesday, it would be illegal for him to then withdraw, file and run for his Senate seat. "A time" (above) is defined as during an election cycle, which is begun this year with the Presidential Primary and concluded with the November General Election.

Rubio's current term expires in January, just before the new President's term begins (maybe 14 days? whenever the current Congressional session ends), so he has not had to resign in order to run. The next term for the Senate seat he currently holds, though, overlaps the next Presidential term, so he cannot stand for both offices on a Florida ballot.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 10th, 2016 at 5:52:09 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This is the law that precludes Rubio from running for Congress if he allows his name to be on the ballot officially Mar 15 (disregarding early voting). .

Then he's an idiot if he stays in. Just today
a numbers guy said even if he wins Tue,
it's mathematically for him to get enough
delegates to win. Even if there's a broken
convention, he wouldn't be the choice
unless he wins 75% of the votes from
now on. He's lost 20 out of 22 so far,
he's done. If he loses the senate seat,
he has no platform to run for governor,
which is something he also wants.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 10th, 2016 at 6:56:01 PM permalink
deleted
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
March 10th, 2016 at 6:58:38 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Anybody see the CNN interview with Trump's
ex butler? He had nothing bad to say about
Trump at all. You could tell the CNN babe
was trying to get him to dish dirt on Trump
and he did just the opposite.

Well, I mean, that's great EB, then there's this:

Quote:

History has condemned him as the megalomaniac who brought death and misery to millions. But for one woman, the name Adolf Hitler evokes a smile not a shudder. She is Rosa Mitterer, who worked as a maid for the Fuhrer at his mountain retreat in Bavaria in the 1930s.

Rosa is 91 and until now has kept a vow of silence about her experiences. She has chosen to break it after realising she is the last survivor of the circle who served the tyrant in the years before he launched the Second World War.

[...]
'
That he had ordered such terrible things, I just couldn't believe it,' she said. 'Even now, I prefer to remember the charming facets of his personality.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1091768/Hitler-perfect-boss-Former-maid-breaks-silence-charming-dictator.html#ixzz42YjNcEEp
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 10th, 2016 at 7:40:04 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Well, I mean, that's great EB, then there's this:

You're comparing Trump to Hitler? Based on what?
I take it you're joking.
rxwine
rxwine
March 10th, 2016 at 7:54:01 PM permalink
Nah, just Trump's butler to Hilter's maid.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 10th, 2016 at 9:16:05 PM permalink

I am talking about the general, not the party nomination. In any other election, choosing a candidate who's alienated so much of the voter base would be suicidal. Hillary is a shit tier candidate as well so who knows.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
March 10th, 2016 at 10:13:16 PM permalink
Business Insider asks an interesting question: Will Donald Trump force Republicans to admit they can do worse than Hillary Clinton?

Quote: Business Insider

Trump has created a campaign culture that joyfully celebrates violence. From the attacks against protesters, to threatening to kill the families of terrorists, to insisting the military will commit war crimes if he instructs them to do so, he is explicitly rejecting the institution of the rule of law that underlies American happiness and prosperity.

This should be scarier than a president who won't repeal Obamacare.

The author points out that when Ku Kux Klan leader David Duke was the the Republican candidate for governor of Louisiana, leading Republicans actually endorsed the Democrat. What will it take for them to decide that President Trump would actually be worse than President Clinton?

I'm no Clinton fan, but she certainly isn't as dangerous as Trump.

Incidentally, in that governor's race, Duke resoundingly won a majority of the white vote. Republicans chose a Ku Kux Klan leader as their nominee, and most whites happily voted for him in the general election. But the idea that people dislike Obama because he's black, that's just absurd, right?

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-gop-hillary-clinton-2016-3
Last edited by: MichaelBluejay on Mar 10, 2016
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 11th, 2016 at 12:08:43 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

LOL! That's the funniest thing I heard all
day. Grasping at straws in near panic
mode, let's make huge story out of
an old man punching a loud mouthed
black kid. The horror, the horror..
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 11th, 2016 at 1:18:44 AM permalink
Ben Carson endorses Trump. That's huge, that's
ultra huge. It's almost like it was planned. Can
Trump really be that smart? I mean, he's just
a buffoon and reality TV star, right? He's just
real lucky, that's the ticket. Blind luck..
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 11th, 2016 at 3:34:47 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

If he gets out now, he could potentially help to take down Trump by consolidating some of the anti-Trump vote.

But noooo... He's just a selfish politician who is delusional enough to believe that all the polls are wrong.

At this point in the delegate race, I don't think anyone other than Trump is going to get a simple majority of the delegates. Trump is either going to have a majority or a plurality. By staying in the race Rubio may actually be increasing the probability of a brokered convention (same as Kasich).
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 11th, 2016 at 3:39:10 AM permalink

Wrong again. They paid out for him to be the GOP Nominee. Source.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 11th, 2016 at 3:41:10 AM permalink

Ben Carson endorses Trump. That's huge, that's
ultra huge. It's almost like it was planned. Can
Trump really be that smart? I mean, he's just
a buffoon and reality TV star, right? He's just
real lucky, that's the ticket. Blind luck..

Yea Carson is huge to you.
To regular people, just a religious nut
Pyramids were built to store grain, lol
Yea lets listen to this clown
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 11th, 2016 at 3:46:36 AM permalink
terapined
terapined
March 11th, 2016 at 3:59:57 AM permalink

LOL! That's the funniest thing I heard all
day. Grasping at straws in near panic
mode, let's make huge story out of
an old man punching a loud mouthed
black kid. The horror, the horror..

This is too rich
The violence continues
This is just insane
A conservative reporter from conservative website Breibart gets roughed up by the Trump campaign manager
This conservative reports the story of being taken down by the Trump campaign manager
Trump says this conservative reporter from pro trump site Breibart is a total liar.
A liar from Breibart news, LOL
Trump is claiming the conservative reporter totally made it up.
A conservative reporter totally lying. True or false?
Hmm, pictures of bruises. Makeup?
lol. Loving it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-aide-corey-lewandowski-accosts-breitbart-news-reporter-article-1.2560389
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 11th, 2016 at 4:22:46 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

This is too rich
The violence continues
This is just insane
A conservative reporter from conservative website Breibart gets roughed up by the Trump campaign manager
This conservative reports the story of being taken down by the Trump campaign manager
Trump says this conservative reporter from pro trump site Breibart is a total liar.
A liar from Breibart news, LOL
Trump is claiming the conservative reporter totally made it up.
A conservative reporter totally lying. True or false?
Hmm, pictures of bruises. Makeup?
lol. Loving it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-aide-corey-lewandowski-accosts-breitbart-news-reporter-article-1.2560389

If a Hillary campaign manager did that to a Breitbart reporter there would literally be congressional hearings over the incident.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
March 11th, 2016 at 4:24:33 AM permalink
Whenever there are crowds, there will be people that do stupid things and people that either accidentally or purposefully breech the secured area around the people the crowds have came to see. I was at Rodeo Houston the other night for the rodeo. Miranda Lambert was the "star" for the night and she put on an awesome show. Some people got drunk. Perhaps a few got DWI's. There was a fight or two among the drunks. One person even decided to take Miranda a bouquet of flowers and entered the secured area. He was taken down. Hard. I am willing to bet similar things happen every night of the rodeo, since it is attended by several million people over a three week period.

The point is that it sounds like this reporter, if this incident is even true given another undocumented report about sexual assault by her, she likely got too close to the candidate. I have walked with stars. If anyone enters their protected space, they go down. It is obvious there is a protected area and it is obvious when someone violates it. Perhaps one does not like Trump's security plan, but it is not up to them to ignore it. Instead, write stories about how bad it is. That is what reporters do.

From the looks of her bruises, whatever happened was relatively minor. She should have asked the campaign for an apology instead of seeking publicity via Twitter. She is there to report, not to be the story. Maybe he made a mistake. Maybe she made a mistake. She elevated it; he reacted to it. You know what is true? None of us here know what happened yet...

More people, more problems.
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 4:35:07 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Whenever there are crowds, there will be people that do stupid things and people that either accidentally or purposefully breech the secured area around the people the crowds have came to see. I was at Rodeo Houston the other night for the rodeo. Miranda Lambert was the "star" for the night and she put on an awesome show. Some people got drunk. Perhaps a few got DWI's. There was a fight or two among the drunks. One person even decided to take Miranda a bouquet of flowers and entered the secured area. He was taken down. Hard. I am willing to bet similar things happen every night of the rodeo, since it is attended by several million people over a three week period.

The point is that it sounds like this reporter, if this incident is even true given another undocumented report about sexual assault by her, she likely got too close to the candidate. I have walked with stars. If anyone enters their protected space, they go down. It is obvious there is a protected area and it is obvious when someone violates it. Perhaps one does not like Trump's security plan, but it is not up to them to ignore it. Instead, write stories about how bad it is. That is what reporters do.

From the looks of her bruises, whatever happened was relatively minor. She should have asked the campaign for an apology instead of seeking publicity via Twitter. She is there to report, not to be the story. Maybe he made a mistake. Maybe she made a mistake. She elevated it; he reacted to it. You know what is true? None of us here know what happened yet...

More people, more problems.

I feel like you are quickly morphing into a Trump apologist. Your analysis of the Trump phenomenon had been very rational for the past few months...

Bernie Sanders gets huge crowds. Yet his crowds don't have these violent incidents that keep popping up at Trump rallies. If Bernie rallies did have these incidents, I doubt you'd have the nonchalant response you seem to be having now.

And you seem to be blaming the reporter for the actions of the Trump campaign manager. I can guarantee if someone on Hillary's campaign did that to a Breitbart reporter, you would absolutely not place the blame on the reporter...
terapined
terapined
March 11th, 2016 at 4:55:45 AM permalink

The point is that it sounds like this reporter, if this incident is even true given another undocumented report about sexual assault by her, she likely got too close to the candidate.

She was in the scrum of reporters asking Trump questions
She's from Breibart. Trump people love Breibart and Breibart loves Trump
Trumps people always allow the Breibart reporter access to Trump
So of course she approached to ask a question as any Breibart reporter there would do in that situation.
Here is the twist
The regular Breibart reporter was sick
Michelle Fields filled in due to the other Breibart reporter called in sick
She was taken down because the Trump campaign manager did not recognize her as a conservative reporter.
If she was wearing a t-shirt with Breibart reporter on it, she would not have been touched
She was taken down because Trumps people did not believe she was a legitimate conservative reporter and so violence is OK.
A normal campaign checks credentials instead of resorting to violence

What's really sad is Trumps people are totally lying about the event
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 11th, 2016 at 5:41:10 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

Business Insider asks an interesting question: Will Donald Trump force Republicans to admit they can do worse than Hillary Clinton?

The author points out that when Ku Kux Klan leader David Duke was the the Republican candidate for governor of Louisiana, leading Republicans actually endorsed the Democrat. What will it take for them to decide that President Trump would actually be worse than President Clinton?

Incidentally, in that governor's race, Duke resoundingly won a majority of the white vote. Republicans chose a Ku Kux Klan leader as their nominee, and most whites happily voted for him in the general election. But the idea that people dislike Obama because he's black, that's just absurd, right?

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-gop-hillary-clinton-2016-3

You do realize the Dems had a US Senator from West Virginia who was a KKK member in Robert C Byrd. Drive through West Virginia sometime. Half the state is named after him. Please spare me the line that Republicans are the only racists out there, Everybody on the planet is racist in some way shape or form based upon their experiences or lack thereof with a particular group. Now you racism might not be skin color, it might be a particular religion, or faith, or perhaps it might be against people you perceive as perpetrating the racism. Me, I see it as a fact of life. I see that it goes both ways and I am not gonna change peoples minds on it because quite frankly the world you live in, and the world I live in are two different places.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
RonC
RonC
March 11th, 2016 at 6:35:02 AM permalink

I feel like you are quickly morphing into a Trump apologist. Your analysis of the Trump phenomenon had been very rational for the past few months...

Nope. I don't like him. I think he is a clown and a buffoon. I think he is the worst of the four remaining candidates. I also think the Democrats have no good candidates. If trump is the nominee, I will vote for him. I will be a bit concerned about what he might do. The other likely choice would be Hillary. I know what she would do--and that concerns me more. Bernie? Not a chance of voting for him.

I do understand what is going on, though. He is winning. He is beating candidates I like better. He does not represent the establishment. Lots of people think the establishment is screwing all of us. I see why this is happening.

Bernie Sanders gets huge crowds. Yet his crowds don't have these violent incidents that keep popping up at Trump rallies. If Bernie rallies did have these incidents, I doubt you'd have the nonchalant response you seem to be having now.

Trump is polarizing; Bernie is an idea that's time will never come. People feel strongly about Trump either way. People want to hear what Bernie says, but his rallies don't indicate how the votes will go in most of the primaries.

And you seem to be blaming the reporter for the actions of the Trump campaign manager. I can guarantee if someone on Hillary's campaign did that to a Breitbart reporter, you would absolutely not place the blame on the reporter...

I just want the truth instead of an instant jury of people who don't have all the facts. If the guy screwed up, he should handle it properly and apologize.

I don't like perp walks, either.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
March 11th, 2016 at 7:15:02 AM permalink
Trump may have more African Americans supporting him than Bernie.
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 7:40:37 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Trump may have more African Americans supporting him than Bernie.

Pigs may fly some day.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
March 11th, 2016 at 7:49:12 AM permalink

Grasping at straws in near panic mode, let's make huge story out of an old man punching a loud mouthed black kid. The horror, the horror.

If you think that was the point I was trying to make in my post, then your reading comprehension simply sucks.

Quote: Gabes22

Please spare me the line that Republicans are the only racists out there.

Your reading comprehension sucks, too, as I never said that, or even implied it, and in fact offered evidence to the contrary. As I said in my post, David Duke won a solid majority of the white vote in the general election. That meant that some Democrats voted for him, too.

In any event, you're ignoring scale in order to pretend you've made some sort of point. It's less relevant that both side contains some racists than which side they're more concentrated on.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 11th, 2016 at 7:58:01 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

Now you racism might not be skin color, it might be a particular religion, or faith, or perhaps it might be against people you perceive as perpetrating the racism....quite frankly the world you live in, and the world I live in are two different places.

Yes we do live in different worlds. In mine, I don't invent new definitions for words. How can one be "racist" against a religion.
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 8:01:46 AM permalink
On racism, I tend to agree with Bill Maher:

"Not all Republicans are racists, but all racists vote Republican."
RonC
RonC
March 11th, 2016 at 8:14:01 AM permalink

On racism, I tend to agree with Bill Maher:

"Not all Republicans are racists, but all racists vote Republican."

Of course you do. He is wrong.
iamnomad
iamnomad
  • Threads: 5
March 11th, 2016 at 10:07:50 AM permalink
News you can use: If you can find a bookie who will allow it, place a parley on both Kasich and Hillary to win OH. Thank me Wednesday morning. I live in OH and have a background in GOP politics. Nothing is a sure thing, but there is value in Kasich at -125 and Hillary at -200.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 11th, 2016 at 11:04:19 AM permalink
Why is it hard to figure out why people
vote for Trump. In 2008 we elected Barry
Obummer, who had zero experience or
qualifications to run anything. He'd never
owned and run so much as a lemonade
stand. At least Trump has a long record
of success at doing something. Barry's
only success was getting elected a couple
times in Chicago.
terapined
terapined
March 11th, 2016 at 11:23:27 AM permalink

If a Hillary campaign manager did that to a Breitbart reporter there would literally be congressional hearings over the incident.

Yup
This is so insane. Trump should say they are sorry and move on
Instead they double and accuse the Breibart conservative reporter a liar
They said she totally made it up.
Never happened according to Trump
LOL
A police report filing charges may get Trumps attention
Maybe not, Trump approves of violence not only against protestors but also against conservatives
wow,

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/272680-breitbart-reporter-files-criminal-complaint-against-trump-aide
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 11:24:18 AM permalink

At least Trump has a long record
of success at doing something.

Which flavor of Kool-Aid is your favorite?
terapined
terapined
March 11th, 2016 at 11:27:04 AM permalink

At least Trump has a long record
of success at doing something. .

Attend Trump U?
He had success at ripping people off
lol
rxwine
rxwine
March 11th, 2016 at 11:32:15 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

To regular people, just a religious nut
Pyramids were built to store grain, lol
Yea lets listen to this clown

Not sure how much of an endorsement from Carson will mean for Trump, but it's certainly going to confuse some of Carson's evangelical base since they are polar opposites.

Anywho, a good endorsement is going to be worth more to Trump than most. The best thing that can happen to a fraud or scam artist, is to get somebody who a lot of people respect to endorse them.

Then it can be like dominoes falling. Well so and so says he's okay, and so and so is smart, brilliant honest, whatever, who am I to keep doubting. So and so must of checked him out. When so and so did no such thing.

People like Bernie Madoff can become rich off that kind of thinking.

One thing I see. Trump is erratic. There's no sign of that changing when he's President.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
March 11th, 2016 at 11:39:44 AM permalink

On racism, I tend to agree with Bill Maher: "Not all Republicans are racists, but all racists vote Republican."

Just substitute "terrorists" for "racists" and "Muslims" for "Republicans" or "Socialists" and "Democrats" to see how ridiculous and bigoted that statement is.
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 12:36:19 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Just substitute "terrorists" for "racists" and "Muslims" for "Republicans" or "Socialists" and "Democrats" to see how ridiculous and bigoted that statement is.

Or just take the quote at face value and don't substitute anything.

And be careful with your bigot insinuations......
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 12:38:45 PM permalink
Saw this on Twitter and had to share:

Quote:

Favorability among Hispanics, according to Gallup:

Clinton +33
Sanders +19
Rubio +6
Kasich +1
Cruz -4
Trump -65

Good luck in the general, Donald.
RonC
RonC
March 11th, 2016 at 12:59:58 PM permalink

Or just take the quote at face value and don't substitute anything.

And be careful with your bigot insinuations......

Calling something a bigoted statement is not the same as calling someone a bigot.

Not sure why that was even mentioned...I guess you might be joking about that part...
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 1:08:35 PM permalink

Calling something a bigoted statement is not the same as calling someone a bigot.

Not sure why that was even mentioned...I guess you might be joking about that part...

Not joking.

I've seen people get a 3 day suspension for less than SanchoPanzo's post.
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 1:37:11 PM permalink
I've been watching the Nancy Reagan funeral stuff all afternoon.

MSNBC finally is back on covering the election, and it appears there was more violence at another Trump rally.

I see there's footage of Trump screaming "Get a job! GET A JOB!!" to a protester.

So Presidential....
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
March 11th, 2016 at 1:38:18 PM permalink

Not joking. I've seen people get a 3 day suspension for less than SanchoPanzo's post.

And I've seen people who have declared here that they "hate all religions."
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 11th, 2016 at 1:41:34 PM permalink

MSNBC finally is back on covering the election, and it appears there was more violence at another Trump rally.

Now that it's known you'll get on national
TV, there will be a lot more violence. That's
they way it always goes. The more publicity
something gets, the more it will happen.

You'll never see it at a Hillary rally, only
a few dozen people show up, pretty
easy to contain.
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 1:43:24 PM permalink

And I've seen people who have declared here that they "hate all religions."

Yeah, I have too.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
March 11th, 2016 at 1:44:40 PM permalink

Yeah, I have too.

There is nothing like self-recognition.
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 1:46:04 PM permalink

Now that it's known you'll get on national
TV, there will be a lot more violence. That's
they way it always goes. The more publicity
something gets, the more it will happen

I disagree. It doesn't have anything to do with getting on TV.

I've seen several reports where the "protestors" aren't even doing anything other than wearing a Bernie Sanders shirt. Then some random deranged Trump supporters start screaming at them and causing a scene and the "protestors" who haven't even done anything are the ones who get kicked out.
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 1:48:09 PM permalink

There is nothing like self-recognition.

Oh, you were referring to me?

I do often equate religion to mental illness, but I'm not sure I'd say I hate all religions.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
March 11th, 2016 at 1:50:39 PM permalink

I do often equate religion to mental illness, but I'm not sure I'd say I hate all religions.

It would pay to review posts. As I recall, the referenced context is accurate.
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 1:51:49 PM permalink

It would pay to review posts. As I recall, the referenced context is accurate.

EDIT: See below...
ams288
ams288
March 11th, 2016 at 1:54:27 PM permalink

Don't expect me to defend Islam.

I hate religion. To me, I equate all religions like mental illness, but I do realize some are worse than others.

Here it is.

I stand by this post 100%.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
March 11th, 2016 at 1:56:31 PM permalink
[deleted]
  • Jump to: