inap
inap
  • Threads: 12
March 27th, 2010 at 5:01:01 PM permalink
butler defeats kansas st.! look at the emotions on both benches. why do people waste their time making reality shows when one of the greatest reality show is right there on the court! these kids invest most of their young lives perfecting their skills and developing their talents. then they lay it all down on one game, one missed or made shot!

there are a few things which i consider the top 'reality shows' of life and they all require great sacrefices. its like putting your whole bankroll on one roll of the dice, one spin of the wheel, one stock trade. these kids are doing that everytime they step on the court. the difference is, unlike war they will probably return the next day, learning something and stronger, hopefully.

the games and reality show continues

derik999
derik999
  • Threads: 15
April 3rd, 2010 at 6:50:22 AM permalink
I avoid reality shows altogether but I view sports in a similar light. It's just a game taken way too seriously by a lot of men who never grew up. The pro version is slightly worse given how much these guys are paid to play what is essentially a kids game.

If religion is truly the opiate of the masses then team sports are a close second.

I still enjoy baseball and football but I never take it seriously when it comes to the bigger picture.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 3rd, 2010 at 8:26:49 AM permalink
Did you ever get the feeling that hardcore sports fandom is like gambling? (Let's assume for the sake of argument that betting on sports doesn't exist).

People, heavily invested in an event that they have ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER. Peaks and valleys of emotion, riding the wave of scoring changes, the adrenaline and release of winning or losing. I bet if you took one of those mind images of a gambler at a craps game and a superfan at a sports game you would find the exact same areas "lit up."
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: