Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 28th, 2013 at 6:59:18 AM permalink
Vitamin D, vitamin C, and soap.

And in my opinion, (the) Baltimore (Ravens) must be destroyed.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 28th, 2013 at 3:50:11 PM permalink
Quote: Face

But when I hike and fish, some 30+ times a year, the crick is all I drink. And as far as I can tell, I'm right as rain.

I can't figure out if you're brave, or just,
well, you know...
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 28th, 2013 at 4:42:44 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I can't figure out if you're brave, or just,
well, you know...

Hehe, it’s not bravery or showing off, nor is it stupidity or ignorance. I don’t refute the studies that show the dangers. As an outdoorsman and student of survival, I agree with them 100%.

It’s just as I said, I’ve been doing this all my life, ever since I was old enough to go play on my own, maybe 7-8 years old. We weren’t about to stop playing and run all the way home for a drink when we were surrounded by streams. None of us had pop money, none of us were gonna quit playing, so we’d dip our lips in the local brook. It didn’t kill me when I was a kid, nor in my teens, nor in my twenties. With not one single consequence, I’ve no reason to stop now.

I wouldn’t do it in an area outside what I assume my body’s used to, and I’d never do it in a survival situation. But if I can avoid packing 8hrs worth of water on a fishing hike and just drink from the crick, when my only possible and as of yet unrealized risk is some extreme poopin’, then of course I’m going to keep on doing it.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
  • Jump to: