SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
January 21st, 2013 at 10:28:05 AM permalink
Apparently Mr. Mickleson, while complaining about how much he will be paying in taxes, has threatened to do something 'drastic'. He states his tax rate under the new Obama taxes and new California taxes will be 62 or 63%. I think his 'drastic' action will be to move his primary residence to a more tax friendly state.
Although I agree with him, I wonder how much sympathy he will get from the general public when they find out he has to pay 30 million of his 50 million in earnings this year to various government assessors? (Earnings numbers are a guess) I don't think he is that hard up for cash that he will tryand leave the USA.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
January 21st, 2013 at 11:00:30 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Apparently Mr. Mickleson, while complaining about how much he will be paying in taxes, has threatened to do something 'drastic'. He states his tax rate under the new Obama taxes and new California taxes will be 62 or 63%. I think his 'drastic' action will be to move his primary residence to a more tax friendly state.
Although I agree with him, I wonder how much sympathy he will get from the general public when they find out he has to pay 30 million of his 50 million in earnings this year to various government assessors? (Earnings numbers are a guess) I don't think he is that hard up for cash that he will tryand leave the USA.

Although I am not wealthy by any means - I understand where this is coming from - basically saying 20mil is better than most people - but what if you took 62% of everyone's income - then people would be more sympathetic...

America used to be the place where you could strive to create a better life for yourself - now, it is the place where those who strive are punished with higher and higher taxes. Moreover, if you add in all the taxes we pay each day (sales tax, gasoline tax, etc.) - We are working most of the year for the government.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 21st, 2013 at 11:03:59 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Moreover, if you add in all the taxes we pay each day (sales tax, gasoline tax, etc.) - We are working most of the year for the government.

The complexities of modern day life in America cost more money than they once did: taxes MUST go up.

With the recent tap-dancing around the issue our deficit has increased astronomically: that would not have happened had the cowards in government raised taxes long ago, as they should.
"What, me worry?"
aceofspades
aceofspades
January 21st, 2013 at 11:07:33 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

The complexities of modern day life in America cost more money than they once did: taxes MUST go up.

With the recent tap-dancing around the issue our deficit has increased astronomically: that would not have happened had the cowards in government raised taxes long ago, as they should.

LOL - the complexities...has any one of our daily lives really changed that much - other than the cost of goods and services...my life is no more complex now than it was 5 years ago...it is all a smokescreen
aceofspades
aceofspades
January 21st, 2013 at 11:12:48 AM permalink
How about the complexities of money wasted on the Inauguration?
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
January 21st, 2013 at 11:22:18 AM permalink

In every other area of life technology means that we have to work less hard to achieve the same amount of productivity. Why is it that advancing technology means we must pay more for government in both absolute and relative terms?
Vote for Nobody 2020!
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 21st, 2013 at 11:28:16 AM permalink
The cost of WAR has increased substantially, as has DEFENSE after 9-11: what, have you been living in a cave?
"What, me worry?"
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
January 21st, 2013 at 11:32:14 AM permalink
Legal theft.

Honestly though, until he gets out of lolCalifornia, he doesn't deserve to complain about a thing. That's 10% of his income that's going to keep that shit of a state alive and he gets NOTHING from.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
whatme
whatme
  • Threads: 8
January 21st, 2013 at 11:34:04 AM permalink

If I or people paying high tax rates actually thought the fed would keep spending under control there would not be a big problem with increase in taxes. However they don't know how to not waste trillions or even have a balanced budget.

I believe that you should ridicule those you don't like and ridicule those you do 10x worse, the truth is someplace in the middle. I recommend watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucoP4-06O7M

They have other ones that are of interest, even for someone who doesn't agree with everything they say. They raise good points that people should consider.

edit: the video is about raising taxes
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
January 21st, 2013 at 12:19:04 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

LOL - the complexities...has any one of our daily lives really changed that much - other than the cost of goods and services...my life is no more complex now than it was 5 years ago...it is all a smokescreen

That is the same goofiness the school systems pipe in to voters when they want to pass a levy.

In Ohio, although it has been ruled unconstitutional two or three times, school districts collect the vast majority of their non federally allocated budgets from the real estate taxes of the citizens of the city or cities school district. When the value of my house goes up, so do my real estate taxes, when the value goes down, the taxes do not really go down, due to some law that allows the school district part of the tax to remain almost the same. Why do you need to tax me more again?

Same applies to the US Gov’t. If I make more money, they will collect more tax, so why increase the tax %? Provide me an incentive to worker harder/smarter and make more money. If I don’t make more money, then make do with what you have, just like I have to do.

If you point is that I don’t support 40 million deadbeats, then I guess you have a point, just not one I care to buy into.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
aceofspades
aceofspades
January 21st, 2013 at 12:30:26 PM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

That is the same goofiness the school systems pipe in to voters when they want to pass a levy.

In Ohio, although it has been ruled unconstitutional two or three times, school districts collect the vast majority of their non federally allocated budgets from the real estate taxes of the citizens of the city or cities school district. When the value of my house goes up, so do my real estate taxes, when the value goes down, the taxes do not really go down, due to some law that allows the school district part of the tax to remain almost the same. Why do you need to tax me more again?

Same applies to the US Gov’t. If I make more money, they will collect more tax, so why increase the tax %? Provide me an incentive to worker harder/smarter and make more money. If I don’t make more money, then make do with what you have, just like I have to do.

If you point is that I don’t support 40 million deadbeats, then I guess you have a point, just not one I care to buy into.

Maverick I agree
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
January 21st, 2013 at 12:41:53 PM permalink
Quote: coilman

forbes write up on this

Forbes made Mickelson look terribly silly here. I have always liked Phil, but reading this has knocked him down a few pegs. He should be thankful he is playing in golf's money making era. And he should be thanking Tiger heavily for that.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
January 21st, 2013 at 12:47:33 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

Honestly though, until he gets out of lolCalifornia, he doesn't deserve to complain about a thing. That's 10% of his income that's going to keep that shit of a state alive and he gets NOTHING from.

He wishes it was only 10%! On taxable incomes over $1.0M in California, the marginal rate is now 13.3% due to the passage of Prop. 30 in November. And the best part is the new rates were retroactive to 1/1/12 even though the Proposition was voted on in the November elections.....unbelievable!!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 21st, 2013 at 12:52:04 PM permalink
Quit whining, Mickelson. You're one of those evil rich
guys Our President has been screaming about for the
last 4 years. You're finally going to get whats coming
to you and all your disgusting rich friends. Our President
is going to wring enough money out of you to run the
gov't for NINE DAYS. How do you like them apples, rich
toads?

If Our President gets all money he wants from the wealthy
scum of this country, they say its only enough to give
the gov't 9 days of relief. But all the have-not's will feel
good about it and thats what counts.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 21st, 2013 at 1:00:59 PM permalink
I hope he leaves for a tax free country and sends Obama a personal up-yours card. The greed of government is unbelievae.

Time to show looters like Obama and Brown that raising taxes affects behavior and even 100% of nothing is nothing.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 21st, 2013 at 1:06:38 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Time to show looters like Obama and Brown that raising taxes affects behavior and even 100% of nothing is nothing.

I just heard yesterday that sure, a lot of rich people
like Phil live in Calif, but 33%, ONE THIRD, of the nations
welfare recipients live there also. Thats incredible, no
wonder Calif is in so much trouble.
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
January 21st, 2013 at 1:25:45 PM permalink
this is the problem with being dumb....... everything costs more so the taxes have to go up.... i love it.

Look around you, private enterprize includes ways to help moderate costs, many items we buy actually cost less than
than they used. An insurance company offers insurance, the agent retires and gets very little and the new agent makes
less for a time.... and on and on....

However government does not work that way... baseline budeting means everything government spends has to go
up and up and it never ends..... today we have as many people working as we did in 1981 by percetage of our polulation,
yet goverment costs 2.5 times as much.....

Free capitalistic siciety runs on capital, the economic systems takes the money you make and spends and it circulates, it
is becomes larger than it was.

Not so for government. Government creates a government job and pays the wages....provides say $80,000 for that job
andyou spend the $80,000. however for that job the government must take $100,000 out of the economy to pay for
it plus the benefits....that is how to large a government, like the one run by this yo ho eventuals destroys the capitalistic
system by takes to much out and not allowing it to grow, so government has to grow.

Mindless.. the past 4 years we have added more people to unemployment, ss and ss disability that we have added to jobs.

Dicesitter
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 21st, 2013 at 1:37:02 PM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

Mindless.. the past 4 years we have added more people to unemployment, ss and ss disability that we have added to jobs.

The problem is elected officials. They're only job is to get
re-elected, so they never cut entitlements cause it always
means lost votes at election time. We need more appointee's
to run certain things, people who can do what needs to be
done and not worry about losing their jobs.
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
January 21st, 2013 at 2:30:44 PM permalink
Super high income earners who can leave high State Taxes usually do leave. Rush Limbaugh saved millions by moving to Florida. We can argue about Federal Taxes, but you can't use the "national defense and endless war" argument on California or New York. What do you think Rush or Phil were or are getting in NY or CA that they couldn't get in FL? I mean, really? You make $25M a year, and Cali wants ~$2-3M of it? And Florida wants zero? Granted, some fees are higher in FL, but property taxes are actually lower. Sounds like a simple decision.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 21st, 2013 at 2:35:26 PM permalink
Quote: cclub79

Rush Limbaugh saved millions by moving to Florida.

He left NYC over a decade ago. He sold his
apartment there a few years ago. Yet every
year NY audits him with the most detailed
audit they can do because he still has a few
business interests there. They never find
anything, its their punishment for him taking
his money elsewhere.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 21st, 2013 at 3:07:01 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

his money elsewhere.

He left in 1996 or 1997, same time as I moved up there. I had no choice, my job sent me.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 21st, 2013 at 3:41:53 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

his money elsewhere.

Add billionaire Tom Golisano (founder of "Paychex", former owner of Buffalo Sabres) to that list. Good for them.

Hopefully soon, you can add hundredaire Face and Face Sr, too.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
  • Jump to: