SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 17th, 2013 at 3:13:29 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

What "man behind what curtain"? And we always thought that was the Wicked Witch of the West.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 113
January 18th, 2013 at 8:47:27 AM permalink
I'm betting Te'o is gay. Having a made up girlfriend far away is cover for him not taking advantage of the local female talent. As open a society as we think we are, there are no out of the closet NFLers, MLBers, NHLers, NBAers, or PGAers. I believe there is one top PBAer who is admittedly gay, if you count bowling as a major sport.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
January 18th, 2013 at 8:53:29 AM permalink
Gay or not gay - I suppose society is not ready for a gay athlete? LOL I am sure through all the years of professional and college sports, not one man or woman was gay LOL
Although it seems that LPGA and WNBA members can be openly lesbian - why can't a man be openly gay?
kmumf
kmumf
  • Threads: 1
January 18th, 2013 at 9:58:33 AM permalink
Well one of his teammates just admitted that he was having relations with other women durring the whole fake girlfriend. LOL So he was cheating on his fake girlfriend now. This is too much.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 113
January 18th, 2013 at 10:25:43 AM permalink
Quote: kmumf

Well one of his teammates just admitted that he was having relations with other women durring the whole fake girlfriend. LOL So he was cheating on his fake girlfriend now. This is too much.

And now a pro NFLer (Arizona Cardinal) is saying the make believe girlfriend does exist!
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 18th, 2013 at 11:19:02 AM permalink
Quote: kmumf

Well one of his teammates just admitted that he was having relations with other women during the whole fake girlfriend.

Wait! How can this be. Members of this site has already definitively proclaimed him gay. lol

Quote: SOOPOO

And now a pro NFLer (Arizona Cardinal) is saying the make believe girlfriend does exist!

Makes you wonder if these Island guys are playing with a full deck. Maybe the salt air of island life has softened their skull and then when you mix in football, the brain just starts rolling around. lol I mean look at Troy Polamalo...we KNOW he's nuts.

Seriously, this story is disturbing to me and it just keeps getting weirder. I am trying to give Manti Te'o the benefit of the doubt, but there is just insurmountable doubt. If you believe his new story that he found out that this online 'girlfriend' was a fake on December 6, while at an awards banquet, Then why 2 days later on December 8 did he yet again state that he hated cancer because he lost his girlfriend to cancer??? 2 more days later an interview in the LA times again quotes him making references about his girlfriends death. Both these statements after he 'found out he was the victum of a hoax....??? Add to that his father's statement that he had met the girlfriend in the Islands and Manti Teo and his family are no longer credible. I'm afraid a more sensible conclusion is this story was made up in an effort to further his career. Playing for the deceased girlfriend legend to garnish a few extra sympathy votes in the Heisman race. That's my take.

I am a Notre Dame fan. Despite taking quite a shallacking in the title game, ND football team has a very nice season. You can debate whether they belonged in the title game....that is another topic, but they had a very successful season winning all their games and Manti Te'o was a huge part of that with an outstanding season. As a fan, this story doesn't diminish those achievements, but it does leave you with a weird vibe.

Now as far as the University of Notre Dame itself, they were notified of this situation on Dec 26 by Manti Te'o himself. I think they had an obligation to make this story public at that time, simply because of the legend of the season which grew out of this story. They chose not to do so, because the championship game was approaching and they didn't want a negative story interfering with their moment. That is disappointing to me as a ND fan. Once again, trying to cover up, and protect the football program, as so many programs do, rather than deal with the truth.

As for Te'o's career, this story won't change all that much. He will still be drafted highly, probably first round and still play NFL football and still make a lot of money. It may cost him some money, if a few teams pass on him, wondering about his character or even mental stability and he drops a few spots in the draft. Perhaps teams will not be willing to risk quite as much on him and his financial worth will drop slightly. I kind of hope that is the case. Would serve him and his family right, if they did make up this whole thing to better his career.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
January 18th, 2013 at 11:43:26 AM permalink
Nude photo of Manti T'eo's girlfriend in the shower has leaked online (photo in SPOILER)

kmumf
kmumf
  • Threads: 1
January 18th, 2013 at 11:47:35 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Wait! How can this be. Members of this site has already definitively proclaimed him gay. lol

Yeah I still think this is plausible as I was the ass who brought that up. I think at this point is anything is possible.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
January 18th, 2013 at 11:54:09 AM permalink
Just a cover-up for the EMBARRASSING loss to 'BAMA.

ROLL TIDE
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 18th, 2013 at 12:30:40 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Now as far as the University of Notre Dame itself, they were notified of this situation on Dec 26 by Manti Te'o himself. I think they had an obligation to make this story public at that time, simply because of the legend of the season which grew out of this story. They chose not to do so, because the championship game was approaching and they didn't want a negative story interfering with their moment. That is disappointing to me as a ND fan. Once again, trying to cover up, and protect the football program, as so many programs do, rather than deal with the truth.

For that, the university should be sanctioned by the N.C.A.A., along the lines of suspending Penn State over the Paterno cover-up. Anything less just serves to confirm the degradation and corruption of collegiate athletics.

• Jump to: