vert1276
vert1276
  • Threads: 70
December 13th, 2012 at 10:22:57 PM permalink
Has anyone seen this new game show yet? This show makes absolutely no sense to me. Its on ABC or NBC cant remember which one, it's Howie Mandel's new game show, its on at 9pm....So a quick rundown of how the show works...It starts with 5 contestants. They come out one at a time and they pick a hidden prize. Basically they pick a number 1 thru 5....and that number corresponds to a price. Each round the prizes have a price range. I think in the first round they are all between 5k and 11k.....The first person picks a number and gets a prize then the next person comes out and they can pick a number for a prize or take someone eles' prize they already choose that round....they person each round with the lowest value prize gets eliminated...each round the prizes go up in value....they eliminate people until there are 2 people left.....

OK so here is the part that makes NO sense to me...when there are only to left they face off. They both have a screen in front of them with two buttons on it that only they can see....one button says "TAKE IT ALL" and the other says "KEEP MINE".....If they both choose "KEEP MINE" they both get to keep the prizes they won along the way to making the final two. IF one chooses "KEEP MINE" and the other chooses"TAKE IT ALL" the person who chose "TAKE IT ALL" gets to keep his prizes AND takes the other persons prizes...If they both choose "TAKE IT ALL" neither one of gets ANYTHING......

SO here is the question..... why would you just not always choose to hit the "TAKE IT ALL" button? If you hit the "KEEP MINE" button 2 things can happen...you can either keep your prizes or go home with nothing(If the other person hits "TAKE IT ALL")....and if you hit the "TAKE IT ALL" button you also only have two outcomes...either you take ALL the prizes or leave with nothing...So, why would anyone hit the "KEEP MINE" button?
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
December 13th, 2012 at 10:42:24 PM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
December 14th, 2012 at 1:34:57 PM permalink
Quote: vert1276

SO here is the question..... why would you just not always choose to hit the "TAKE IT ALL" button? If you hit the "KEEP MINE" button 2 things can happen...you can either keep your prizes or go home with nothing(If the other person hits "TAKE IT ALL")....and if you hit the "TAKE IT ALL" button you also only have two outcomes...either you take ALL the prizes or leave with nothing...So, why would anyone hit the "KEEP MINE" button?

There is absolutely no value if everyone makes the decision that you are proposing. If you look at it in terms of absolute value, as opposed to individual value, Keep/Take or Keep/Keep are exactly the same decision resulting in 100% distribution of prizes, and I think that there are those of the mentality that, "If I definitely can't have it, better for someone else to have it as opposed to nobody." However, the absolute value of Take/Take is zero because nobody gets anything.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
  • Jump to: