Thread Rating:

Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
July 26th, 2012 at 2:26:59 PM permalink
I don't know what qualifies a chain as, "National". Do they need a certain number of locations in a certain number of different states? How is it different than, "regional"?

In any case, check out Big Mama's and Papa's Pizza. They have a 54"x54" square pizza that they DELIVER.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
July 26th, 2012 at 2:43:37 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Shakey's
Numero Uno's
Straw Hat??
Round Table
Costco?

I don't think places like Costco that aren't restaurants qualify as being "pizza chains" - otherwise, you can make a case for pretty much any national brand of frozen pizza because it's sold at Wal-Mart.

Right now, Straw Hat is pretty much limited to the west, but it is starting to expand nationally.

Round Table is certainly western USA only - Nevada appears to be the only state not touching the Pacific Ocean that has one.

Numero Uno is not only limited to California, but southern California at that. On the other hand, Uno Chicago Grill (originally Pizzeria Uno) does appear to be "national."

Does Papa Murphy's count? It's national, but it's "take and bake".
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
July 26th, 2012 at 2:54:07 PM permalink
New Haven has some good pizza, like Bimonte's, Pepe's, Grand, etc. Used to be Feirenze in Danbury (homemade scratch), that also made a great eggplant Parmagiana bout this time of year. Waterbury has good pies also, but I haven't had them in about 10 years. Its funny, but "East of the CT River" the quality drops quite a bit except for E. Hartford.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
July 26th, 2012 at 2:58:37 PM permalink
If you're ever in Seattle, Piccolo's on Roosevelt and 53rd (University District). Sauce, crust, and toppings are all average to above average.

On the other hand, you won't find better cheese anywhere. I know for a fact you won't find anywhere better in the greater Seattle area.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
  • Jump to: