Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 12th, 2012 at 7:17:00 AM permalink
Quote: appistapp1s

face, you are right....they have ruined hockey, it is now soccer on ice without the corner kicks.....

No, it isn't.

The "sports" section in Mexican newspapers devotes 75% of its space to soccer (only 55% when there's nothing going on). The NHL got a mention of one paragraph in one quarter column on the very last page. If it were remotely like soccer, it would have gotten a full page ;)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 12th, 2012 at 7:33:58 AM permalink
Soccer in Mexico is the big sport. In America, it hardly gets a mention. I really don't think soccer in America will fully take off until the best players in the world play here. We are spoiled with our pro sports here, we have the best baseball, football, hockey and basketball leagues in the world. Our soccer league is really a minor league and interest will probably remain scant here until the MLS can compete with the English Premiere League or Serie A in Italy.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
June 12th, 2012 at 7:35:55 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Sooooooo..... That means??? Don't know gambling statistics, that means the Kings are calculated to lose??

That means my ability to pick winners is pathetic, as Fins can attest to......

Too bad this game, which could have been an exciting one, was over so early. The 5 min major was deserved....you simply cannot run a guy from behind full force into the boards. As there was an injury, it is either a double minor or a 5 min major and since there was no let up by Bernier at all, he gets five. As soon as the hit happened, I said "That's 5 and a game"....no surprise there for me.

What was surprising is in a Stanley Cup Final game, you have a linesman that can't seem to get out of the way and the end result is the fourth goal for the Kings. I don't care what you say, I can't remember the last time a linesman so blatantly screwed up his position on the ice to literally provide a pick for an attacking player, unbelievable!

Marty should have stopped the third goal, so essentially nothing went right for NJ. But if you don't lose three games to start the series, you can afford one game not breaking right for you. They had no margin for error.

Kings should be congratulated....they played well throughout the playoffs and Quick is the real deal. As an Anaheim Ducks fan, this is the first time in 19 years that I have looked north up the freeway at the LA Kings and wanted to trade goaltenders.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
June 12th, 2012 at 12:29:58 PM permalink
Yay!!! Kings won!!

Haha, I know this is a delayed response but I'm happy and there was so much excitement. I even tried sneaking in to the Staples Center last night but they had too many staff guarding the doors. That was after I was able to figure out how to get past the line of police in riot gear that was pushing everyone away and back. I didn't get in but I was able to touch the building and I gave it a kiss. Sounds funny, but it's a girly drunk thing to do.

Got downtown yesterday just after noon to make sure I got a good seat at the bar right across the street. Sooo much excitement there and all outside on the Staples Center property. After the Kings won a news reporter came up and interviewed me, I think from ABC news, so if you see a hot blonde in a Kings jersey being interviewed that's me!!

A guy I met at another bar across the street after the game gave me a piece of the confetti strings that dropped inside when they won and he gave me a printout of a ticket to the game as souvenirs. He got to sit 5 rows from the ice and I nearly died scrolling through the pics he took. Great pics of the Kings skating around with the cup and the cool group shot of the Kings all posing with the Cup. Next year I'll have to spring for tickets!!
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 12th, 2012 at 1:35:06 PM permalink
Hey guess what, I WAS on the news last night, my friend saw me and called me. I'm gonna locate the clip and post it online. How cool!
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo 
  • Threads: 4
June 12th, 2012 at 1:45:04 PM permalink

Hey guess what, I WAS on the news last night, my friend saw me and called me. I'm gonna locate the clip and post it online. How cool!

I can't wait to see you kissing the building hehe
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 12th, 2012 at 2:07:09 PM permalink
Found it!!

God, I look terrible!!!!

Here's the link:
HotBlonde on ABC7 Los Angeles' 11pm news Mon June 11th :)
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
June 12th, 2012 at 2:11:59 PM permalink
It's okay, the playoff armpit scared me more. :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 12th, 2012 at 2:15:13 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

It's okay, the playoff armpit scared me more. :)

Haha!!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 12th, 2012 at 2:33:37 PM permalink
I keep watching it over and over. And I just realized they misspelled my name, heehee.

I wish I looked better, I look like such a fattie!!
RogerKint
RogerKint
June 12th, 2012 at 3:57:24 PM permalink
It's just a bad camera angle so it exposes the neck fat. Don't beat yourself up too much.
100% risk of ruin
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 12th, 2012 at 4:20:22 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

It's just a bad camera angle so it exposes the neck fat. Don't beat yourself up too much.

It's funny cuz I've been feeling great about my weight loss so far, thinking that I'm looking all good and then I see that... it totally squashed my confidence and self image! And hearing my voice... yuck! EuropeanHottie and her boyfriend had taped me singing not long ago cuz they wanted to hear how "great" I sounded, listening to it I was just like yuck! Same thing with that situation, I went from thinking I was a great singer to wanting to crawl in a hole. But both Switch and Wizard has heard me sing, I'm curious what they thought (although I'm nervous to hear their honest evaluation).
RogerKint
RogerKint
June 12th, 2012 at 4:35:41 PM permalink
"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."
100% risk of ruin
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 12th, 2012 at 5:33:18 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Is that Brian Tracy? Or Zig Ziglar?
winmonkeyspit3
winmonkeyspit3
  • Threads: 26
June 12th, 2012 at 6:44:18 PM permalink

It's funny cuz I've been feeling great about my weight loss so far, thinking that I'm looking all good and then I see that... it totally squashed my confidence and self image! And hearing my voice... yuck! EuropeanHottie and her boyfriend had taped me singing not long ago cuz they wanted to hear how "great" I sounded, listening to it I was just like yuck! Same thing with that situation, I went from thinking I was a great singer to wanting to crawl in a hole. But both Switch and Wizard has heard me sing, I'm curious what they thought (although I'm nervous to hear their honest evaluation).

You have made a lot of progress, a major change doesn't happen overnight like you know. You look much healthier and that part of the weight loss is more important than your physical appearance, though I do think you are pretty.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 12th, 2012 at 7:53:55 PM permalink
Quote: winmonkeyspit3

You have made a lot of progress, a major change doesn't happen overnight like you know. You look much healthier and that part of the weight loss is more important than your physical appearance, though I do think you are pretty.

Aw, thanks.

Funny thing is, no joke, I'm sitting across the street from my apartment right now at an Italian restaurant and some guy came in to pick up his pizza and saw the jersey I'm (still) wearing and commented on it and I told him I was downtown last night and that I was on the news and he said that he saw me and remembered me. He goes, "Yeah, ABC news?" I was like, "Yes!!" and I went to show him on the phone the clip I was in and he's all, "Yeah, I watched that last night, how crazy!". I thought that was cool. :)
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
June 12th, 2012 at 10:15:08 PM permalink

Hearing your own voice is always weird... it took my ages to deal with it when I radio DJ'd. And I still think I sound like an idiot...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 14th, 2012 at 1:45:40 PM permalink
I'm downtown... again. Just watched the parade and I'm about to go inside the Staples Center to be a part of the rally. Go Kings!!!!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 14th, 2012 at 2:05:32 PM permalink
I'm downtown... again. Just watched the parade and I'm about to go inside the Staples Center to be a part of the rally. Go Kings!!!!
  • Jump to: