ams288
June 11th, 2019 at 3:08:18 PM permalink
Az,

You dont like homosexuals

You dont like scientists

You dont like children

You dont like immigrants

You dont like poor people

You dont like women (politically not sexually I assume) or at least you want them not to have choices

Just curious what groups you do like?
Aussie
Aussie
  • Threads: 12
June 11th, 2019 at 3:31:23 PM permalink
Straight, white males.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
June 11th, 2019 at 3:39:57 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Because history is important because it happened.

Ignoring history you dont like is not the proper study of history

At amy rate why would gay history in the US be anymore or a problem than black history?

Your not liking homosexuals should not influence school decisions

Gay history is a subset of history. If someone wants to take it in college, that is their money to spend.

In grade/high school, gay history is about indoctrination, not history.

Black history is the same thing, if they want a college course on it then people can spend their own money.

Teach "HISTORY." Not history of politically favored groups.

When so many USA students are ignorant of the Civil War, we should not be concerned about "gay history."
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 3:49:20 PM permalink

Az,

You dont like homosexuals

I do not approve of the choice of a gay lifestyle. I do not like gay bigots shoving their agenda down our throats. Gays that go about their lives quietly I do not care about.

Quote:

You dont like scientists

No, I do not like the pushing of junk science to take away my money and freedoms.

Quote:

You dont like children

I never wanted kids. SO WHAT?! Lots of people do not want kids. You support the pro-abortion movement so I have to question your own like of children. I have yet to hear anyone here explain what is wrong with never having wanted to have kids.

Quote:

You dont like immigrants

I do not like illegal aliens sneaking into the USA and draining our resources. Legal immigrants are just fine.

Quote:

You dont like poor people

I do not like people who blame "the GOP," "trickle-down," "rich people," or anyone but themselves for their lot in life and think they deserve something just because someone else has it. I like and respect hard-working people.

Quote:

You dont like women (politically not sexually I assume) or at least you want them not to have choices

I like women just fine. Politically, I like strong women like Sarah Palin. I do not like women who celebrate tearing their unborn babies to shreds. I do not like women who are "independent" until the check comes.

Quote:

Just curious what groups you do like?

I like people who take personal responsibility for their lives and try to make something of themselves. I like traditional values. I like people who like freedom and prefer to live in freedom than try to become a serf to the state.

That help?
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 206
June 11th, 2019 at 3:58:37 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I do not approve of the choice of a gay lifestyle. I do not like gay bigots shoving their agenda down our throats. Gays that go about their lives quietly I do not care about.

No, I do not like the pushing of junk science to take away my money and freedoms.

I never wanted kids. SO WHAT?! Lots of people do not want kids. You support the pro-abortion movement so I have to question your own like of children. I have yet to hear anyone here explain what is wrong with never having wanted to have kids.

I do not like illegal aliens sneaking into the USA and draining our resources. Legal immigrants are just fine.

I do not like people who blame "the GOP," "trickle-down," "rich people," or anyone but themselves for their lot in life and think they deserve something just because someone else has it. I like and respect hard-working people.

I like women just fine. Politically, I like strong women like Sarah Palin. I do not like women who celebrate tearing their unborn babies to shreds. I do not like women who are "independent" until the check comes.

I like people who take personal responsibility for their lives and try to make something of themselves. I like traditional values. I like people who like freedom and prefer to live in freedom than try to become a serf to the state.

That help?

It pretty much answers what i thought.

And cant understand why you have difficulty understanding pro-choice is not pro-abortion

I actually dont think women should have abortions

I do think women should be able to make that choice for themselves

I would quote your last line about liking people who like freedom and prefer to live in freedom but apparently you dont consider women, gays, immigrants, minorities or the poor to be people otherwise you would be interested in their right to freedom as well
darkoz
darkoz 
June 11th, 2019 at 4:02:07 PM permalink
Quote: Aussie

Straight, white males.

Yeah, Its obvious isnt it
darkoz
darkoz 
June 11th, 2019 at 4:07:13 PM permalink

Gay history is a subset of history. If someone wants to take it in college, that is their money to spend.

In grade/high school, gay history is about indoctrination, not history.

Black history is the same thing, if they want a college course on it then people can spend their own money.

Black history is a subset of American history?

Now you must be bugging

Black American history is behind a centuries long struggle of slavery, civil rights and one of our mosr devastating wars (the civil war)

To relegate black history in America to a subset is just revisionist.

Your suggestion is also why kids should not be homeschooled.

It just wont serve this country to have kids not taught proper history and walking around saying "slavery? Who? What? Where? When? How? Civil war? Why?"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 11th, 2019 at 4:21:04 PM permalink

Black history is a subset of American history?

Now you must be bugging

Black American history is behind a centuries long struggle of slavery, civil rights and one of our mosr devastating wars (the civil war)

To relegate black history in America to a subset is just revisionist.

No, you just explained that it is a subset.

Quote:

Your suggestion is also why kids should not be homeschooled.

IOW, you want the state and not parents deciding how to educate kids?

Quote:

It just wont serve this country to have kids not taught proper history and walking around saying "slavery? Who? What? Where? When? How? Civil war? Why?"

Did you read the link? Tons already do not know about the Civil War. Clearly government schools are failing somewhere.
darkoz
darkoz 
June 11th, 2019 at 4:28:15 PM permalink

No, you just explained that it is a subset.

IOW, you want the state and not parents deciding how to educate kids?

Did you read the link? Tons already do not know about the Civil War. Clearly government schools are failing somewhere.

If thats your definition of a subset then all American history is a subset.

Christopher Columbus is a subset.

The war of independence is a subset

Slavery is a subset

So basically all American history should be taught in college and ignored in public schools
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 10
June 11th, 2019 at 4:30:19 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

What does ME having or not having kids have to do with any of this? Am I a right winger?

I don't have any kids, at least not that I know of.

Great line from the movie Sisters, Tina Fey asks John Cena if he has any kids. "I'm sure I do."

I always try to remind myself to use that and keep forgetting, Maybe one day. He was awesome in that movie and Trainwreck. Better than anything The Rock has done (and The Rock has done some awesome stuff).

• Jump to: