Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 1st, 2014 at 10:53:54 PM permalink
" I have this thing about BAD VIBES. I will start a thread on it, just laying down the groundwork. BAD VIBES to me are when you feel something is not right with a person or event. Not talking about the guy who is all lovely dovey with his wife in public and you know he has to be cheating on her. Or the salesman who will give up part of his commission to help you.

I am talking about a friend or coworker you have no reason not to like, you just do. Even to the point of trying to sort in out, but you can not find a valid reason. I am sure MICKEY knows what i am talking about. Just wondering if other people do or is it radar when hanging around with gamblers and hustlers.

Like everybody I have been fooled by guys I can trust, or thought I could. But under stress, some guys make bad decision. But I do not think a BAD VIBE has ever been wrong. Don't know the results of all of them, but 100% of those I know about. "

First BAD VIBE I remember is Donny W.. Nice guy, play softball together as kids. In 1960, we were both 20 and he was anchor man on our duckpin bowling team. Also partners sometimes in pot games. Just had BAD VIBES about Donny. Other guys could say same thing like, Hey Buzz, get us some beers, and no problem. Donny said same thing and just bothered me. Then one night Donny was a no show for a big game. Sent a sub, but where the hell were his priorities ? Found out he was going door to door for Catholic Bishop's fund with his wife. And me, who quit My St Joe's as a junior. What the hell was wrong with me ? ?

Even met his wife and daughter a few times. Well, 1962 my Uncle Ray strongly suggested I join the USAF. Feds had a hot nut for anybody associated with Julius The Lord Salisbury. Served my 4 years and was back a few weeks when my old partner Ronnie F asked me to return an invisible lawnmower to Sears, where he worked, so he could use the proceeds for his car payment.

After he got off work, I gave him 150 couple dollars and we went to North's bar. Ronnie was drinking a brew when I asked about our old buddy Donny W. I got sprayed with beer and Ronnie let on a cursing storm. And I found out how accurate my BAD VIBES were.

Once Ronnie calmed down he told me last year Donny asked him to pick him up at 8 oclock Christmas Eve. No Biggie. Donny's wife Helen was a sweetheart and understand hanging out with the boys. Did seem odd he called Ronnie twice that day to make sure he got there at 8. Anyway Ronnie knocks on door once, then walks in. What a f***ing scene. Wife is crying, 2 little girls hanging onto Donny's legs and he is saying " Mom's says I can't live here anymore, I have to leave " He pries kids off his legs, grabbed suitcase and heads for the door. Ronnie shrugs his shoulders at Helen and follows Donny out the door. Then dropped him off where Donny said, in front of his girlfriends house.

Ronnie was not there prior but had not doubt Donny had decided to leave his wife. Or maybe she found out about the gf. Either way
he pushed her buttons, probably told her he was going to keep screwing the gf, something to make Helen tell him he could not live there. Just what he wanted. Leaves her there crying, with 2 little girls begging her to let Daddy stay, all on Christmas Eve.

And other BAD VIBES had a bad ending. Anybody else suffer from this affliction ? ? ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
November 1st, 2014 at 11:27:05 PM permalink
I got most of my bad vibes, not from gambling but from people in Vegas. Not all the time, just once in awhile you meet some characters, you'd just rather not spend any more time with than necessary.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
  • Threads: 29
November 1st, 2014 at 11:46:43 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

" In 1960, we were both 20

If my math is correct, that makes you approximately 459 years old.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
November 1st, 2014 at 11:48:24 PM permalink
I guess it's a gift Buzz? I've always had it, wondered sometimes if it's a blessing or a curse?

Have you noticed that most decent dogs are great judges of character as well? My dogs were so accurate I just trusted them. Wouldn't bark at 50 people in a row but then one would just set them off.

It's strange for me. Dogs seek me out in a crowd of people trying to get their attention and come to me even when I ignore them like they were my dogs. Funny, assist dogs will tug at their leashes to get to me, for attention.

I think they see in some different light or something? Maybe a vibe or smell, dunno? Like you, I am usually correct about dirtbags.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
November 1st, 2014 at 11:52:45 PM permalink

(incoherent rant)

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
November 2nd, 2014 at 12:04:05 AM permalink
Quote: Sonuvabish

The undead are people too!
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 2nd, 2014 at 12:12:07 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

No kidding. What was that post about, I was
lost after two sentences..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 2nd, 2014 at 7:20:01 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

The undead are people too!

You're right, I'm sorry if I sounded discriminatory. He just sounded like he craved human flesh and I was frightened.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 2nd, 2014 at 7:21:11 AM permalink

LOL +4000
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 2nd, 2014 at 8:48:01 AM permalink

Some days I feel older than that ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 2nd, 2014 at 8:49:01 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

No kidding. What was that post about, I was
lost after two sentences..

Now you know how people feel about almost all of your posts.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
November 2nd, 2014 at 9:32:06 AM permalink
But I like your stuff, Buzzard!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 2nd, 2014 at 10:17:17 AM permalink
That have meds that can cure such delusional thoughts
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 2nd, 2014 at 2:36:15 PM permalink

Some message boards are like McDonalds: where lonely old men gather every morning to drink senior discount coffee and uselessly complain about a world they fear and don't understand, as if anyone cares what they have to say.

At least it gives them a reason to get up in the morning.
"What, me worry?"
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
November 2nd, 2014 at 3:32:50 PM permalink
They all walked to school in six feet of snow - uphill both ways.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 2nd, 2014 at 3:41:06 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Some message boards are like McDonalds: where lonely old men gather every morning to drink senior discount coffee and uselessly complain about a world they fear and don't understand, as if anyone cares what they have to say.

They still do that? I know in the 80's
McD's was chock full of them all day
long.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
November 2nd, 2014 at 3:50:54 PM permalink

Some message boards are like McDonalds: where lonely old men gather every morning to drink senior discount coffee and uselessly complain about a world they fear and don't understand, as if anyone cares what they have to say. At least it gives them a reason to get up in the morning.

And lonely young people gather in the nightclubs at night.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 2nd, 2014 at 4:31:25 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

And lonely young people gather in the nightclubs at night.

Or call hookers cuz their johnson is still functional. And no longer have to worry about diseases...like smallpox and polio.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
November 2nd, 2014 at 4:34:32 PM permalink

Or call hookers cuz their johnson is still functional.

I'll put you to shame in that department kid. I see you are back to trolling again. Can't help yourself can you?
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 2nd, 2014 at 4:37:26 PM permalink

I'll put you to shame in that department kid. I see you are back to trolling again.

Didn't Evenbob say it best when he said whatever he says is 'not trolling'? I just thought your attack on the senior coffee drinking loiterers comment deserved a comedic rebut, that's all. That's a well known stereotype...yours was just an attack on young people.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
November 2nd, 2014 at 4:43:53 PM permalink

Didn't Evenbob say it best when he said whatever he says is 'not trolling'? I just thought your attack on the senior coffee drinking loiterers comment deserved a comedic rebut, that's all. That's a well known stereotype...yours was just an attack on young people.

Your calling the senior coffee drinkers "lonely old men" was the original attack. People tend to socialize with others of their own age bracket. Calling them lonely is unfair.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 2nd, 2014 at 4:48:54 PM permalink

Your calling the senior coffee drinkers "lonely old men" was the original attack. People tend to socialize with others of their own age bracket. Calling them lonely is unfair.

What are you talking about? I didn't call anyone lonely. I said I was frightened of Buzz cuz he is 459 years and craves human flesh. Didn't call him lonely. And whoever did, not sure in what context it's unfair or something to cry about. The coffee drinking comment at McDonald's is a well-known thought. Your comment is something u made up in a non-comedic attack.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
November 2nd, 2014 at 4:51:18 PM permalink

What are you talking about? I didn't call anyone lonely. I said I was frightened of Buzz cuz he is 459 years and craves human flesh. Didn't call him lonely. And whoever did, not sure why it's unfair or something to cry about. The coffee drinking comment at McDonald's is a well-known thought. Your comment is something u made up.

I got you mixed up with Mr. V. Sorry. But I still don't hold with bashing the old guys. Mainly because I am one. what are you gonna do when you get old, bash the young guys?
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 2nd, 2014 at 4:53:35 PM permalink

I got you mixed up with Mr. V. Sorry. But I still don't hold with bashing the old guys. Mainly because I am one. what are you gonna do when you get old, bash the young guys?

I was just having fun with Buzz. Other people did too, it seems like. I don't care if you don't like fun. Go hate fun with some of your peers who also hate fun. I think someone mentioned a place where that can typically be done at...all day, for almost free.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
November 2nd, 2014 at 5:00:56 PM permalink
I made the post about old guys in McD's out of frustration.

The OP's rant about Bad Vibes has no redeeming value for me.

A complete washout.

Wish I had those two minutes back I wasted reading it.

Oh well, back to reality.
"What, me worry?"
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 2nd, 2014 at 5:09:24 PM permalink

LOL. I was hoping that Donny, or whoever, murdered his wife and the OP raised his children for him after helping him cover it up...but it was far less interesting.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
November 2nd, 2014 at 5:12:46 PM permalink

I made the post about old guys in McD's out of frustration.

A complete washout.

Oh well, back to reality.

Aren't you then wasting time if you are still reading the thread?
coachbelly
coachbelly
  • Threads: 1
November 2nd, 2014 at 5:23:35 PM permalink

Some message boards are like McDonalds: where lonely old men gather every morning to drink senior discount coffee

McDonalds coffee has been $1 for any size for a year now...all ages.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
November 2nd, 2014 at 5:25:18 PM permalink
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 3rd, 2014 at 1:01:57 AM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

Some message boards are like McDonalds: where lonely old men gather every morning to drink senior discount coffee

McDonalds coffee has been $1 for any size for a year now...all ages.

Don't they give a senior discount tho...or did they stop doing that because they didn't like cranky people loitering?
miplet
miplet 
  • Threads: 5
November 3rd, 2014 at 3:45:09 AM permalink

Don't they give a senior discount tho...or did they stop doing that because they didn't like cranky people loitering?

Where I work:
$1.00 any size coffee
$0.79 senior coffee
$0.00 coffee with any purchase if they have a McDonald's cup.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
vendman1
vendman1
  • Threads: 9
November 3rd, 2014 at 7:30:25 AM permalink
Quote: miplet

Where I work:
$1.00 any size coffee
$0.79 senior coffee
$0.00 coffee with any purchase if they have a McDonald's cup.

My dad and uncle, both around 70, go to Senior hang outs at McDonalds on a regular basis..one in Iowa and one in MD. They mostly talk about old cars...and how dumb everybody in the govt. is. It's sort of funny for a while, I drove my dad there a couple of times when he was laid up. Then you realize that they have the same discussions every damn day. 5 days a week 52 weeks a year. It worries me. I'm 45 now.... when will I get the urge to hang out at McDonalds and drink 50 cent coffee(s)....60...65...that day is coming sooner than we all would like.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 3rd, 2014 at 7:48:30 AM permalink
Quote: vendman1

. Then you realize that they have the same discussions every damn day. 5 days a week 52 weeks a year. It worries me.

LOL. Perhaps they've forgotten they've ever been to McDonalds. Everyday is a new day, literally.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 3rd, 2014 at 8:57:15 PM permalink
I was in McDonalds in am a few weeks ago. The old farts were discussing Obama's birth certificate.
RS
RS
November 3rd, 2014 at 11:20:24 PM permalink

I was in McDonalds in am a few weeks ago. The old farts were discussing Obama's birth certificate.

You know it's a fake birth certificate, right? :)

Don't know if I've responded in this thread yet or not, but, I agree with OP.

That weird, spine-chilling feeling you get when you're hanging out with someone and you can just sense some bad sh*t going on. I remember a group of people from high school, constant arguing and fighting. One person borrows money from someone else, then the borrower says he gave money to someone else to give to the lender, but of course that's a crock of sh*t. These people can smell weakness and know how to take full advantage of people without an ounce of sympathy or goodness. Fortunately you know they're gonna end up as losers and way behind, but unfortunately also know whatever they touch turns to sh*t, and you can't just warn everyone.

But, such is life.
  • Jump to: