Thread Rating:

Gamblor
Gamblor
  • Threads: 1
March 17th, 2014 at 3:47:18 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Your whole point is that you know nothing about math? That makes so much more sense than what you were saying before! Thanks for clearing that up.

No. You saying he has 50 50 confirms everything I've been saying. Hence, confirms mathematicians fallacy.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
March 17th, 2014 at 3:49:14 PM permalink
Quote: Gamblor

No. You saying he has 50 50 confirms everything I've been saying. Hence, confirms mathematicians fallacy.

That fact that a coin flip is 50/50 is the fallacy? No, that's true.

What does this have to do with you losing all your money at baccarat again?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 17th, 2014 at 3:50:48 PM permalink

How? The odds of a future coin flip ARE 50/50.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 17th, 2014 at 3:52:23 PM permalink
So, if the troll doesn't write well, can't form an argument, doesn't understand the game it wants to talk about, and misunderstands 8th grade math...there's a point at which we should consider that maybe it's actually 11 years old, right?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
March 17th, 2014 at 3:52:45 PM permalink

Hence, confirms mathematicians fallacy.

You can confirm a fallacy?

Now I want to submit a Chuck Norris Fact: "Chuck Norris can disprove a tautology."
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
Gamblor
Gamblor
March 17th, 2014 at 3:53:08 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

That fact that a coin flip is 50/50 is the fallacy? No, that's true.

What does this have to do with you losing all your money at baccarat again?

The fact that you guys calculate it to be anything other than 50 50 is the fallacy.
If I'm on my 36th hand or he's on his 36th flip, it's still 50/50.

I haven't lost any money at baccarat? There you go making assumptions again. You sure are one hell of an "Assumer"!
Pabo
Pabo
March 17th, 2014 at 3:59:16 PM permalink
Gamblor: "If you really look at the evidence as a mathematician is supposed to, the only conclusion is 9/11 was an inside job, minimum they had knowledge of it."

Okay, that seals the deal for me. What nonsense: apply math and come to the inevitable conclusion that 9/11 was an inside job? God, I hate stupidity such as this that 9/11 truthers spew.

Gamblor, maybe if you had paid more attention to your high school math, you'd recognize how foolish your "mathematician's fallacy" really is. Then again, maybe someone should nominate you for a Nobel Prize in mathematics for your theory. No wait, that wouldn't work. That would require some rather extensive and recognized expertise in math, something which you clearly don't have.

Peddle your foolishness elsewhere.
endermike
endermike
  • Threads: 7
March 17th, 2014 at 4:01:07 PM permalink

Thinking at the sub atomic level is the beginning.

Allow this video to open the door if you haven't seen it or heard of it.
Double slit experiment.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1YqgPAtzho

A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. If you believe you can get in tune with subatomic fluctuations, more power to you. Just know who your company is: "The Biggest Douche in the Universe" -South Park

South Park Video for quote above

On the other hand maybe you can. In that case I would imagine you should go talk to some physicists and help out with their research.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
March 17th, 2014 at 4:05:57 PM permalink

The fact that you guys calculate it to be anything other than 50 50 is the fallacy.

No one is calculating it to be anything other than 50/50

Quote:

If I'm on my 36th hand or he's on his 36th flip, it's still 50/50.

Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut. In related news, congratulations! You've made your first correct statement of the thread. And it only took 17 pages.

Here is the thing. I am a mathematician. As a mathematician, I do not believe that the result of a flip of a fair coin is anything other than 50/50. No one believes that it is. The only fallacy here is that you think that mathematicians believe this.
Gamblor
Gamblor
March 17th, 2014 at 4:13:22 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

No one is calculating it to be anything other than 50/50

Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut. In related news, congratulations! You've made your first correct statement of the thread. And it only took 17 pages.

Here is the thing. I am a mathematician. As a mathematician, I do not believe that the result of a flip of a fair coin is anything other than 50/50. No one believes that it is. The only fallacy here is that you think that mathematicians believe this.

Thank you for the congrats.
So I'm right but I'm wrong? I've been saying the same thing the whole time. You tell me the longer I play the slimmer my odds to eventual zero. Now it's still 50/50 36 hands in? Get your story straight.

• Jump to: