beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
Thanks for this post from:
DRichAyecarumba
March 15th, 2019 at 12:42:20 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Hell, half the time when I get pizza there's too MUCH cheese on it.... I don't need any extra.

Not possible to have too much cheese. Except if it keeps the center raw. Then they should bake it in layers. Lol..
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
SkittleCar1
SkittleCar1
  • Threads: 14
March 15th, 2019 at 1:21:10 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

And don't get me started about people who open and eat food items, or give them to their kids before paying for them...

I was the same way. Until my 1.5 year old daughter saw the large box of cookies I was getting at Sam's Club, and with the meltdown that followed, it was just easier to keep her happy for the next half hour or so.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
March 15th, 2019 at 1:24:25 PM permalink
Here's what I don't understand about people who talk on their phones or text while driving.

WTF did these people do before cell phones were invented??

Nothing is that important where you need to be texting or talking RIGHT NOW, and if it is, just pull the heck off the road.

Idiots.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
March 15th, 2019 at 1:34:09 PM permalink

They had nobody to unload their stream
of consciousness nonsense on. Ever see
somebody on the phone in the store
and listen to what they're saying, aisle
after aisle? It's nothing, it's babbling
gibberish.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 209
March 15th, 2019 at 1:40:19 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Which joints consider it an extra topping? Everywhere I go, it isn't considered a topping, just as extra sauce is not. Cheese is expensive, and they have to use a lot of it. I can understand why it isn't grouped into toppings.

We're old and not used to things changing. We know better, but we forget unless we see a menu listed clearly. Cheese use to be included as a topping for a long time. I don't even order many pizzas that often, usually prefer something else under the circumstances.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
March 15th, 2019 at 1:44:46 PM permalink

Here's what I don't understand about people who talk on their phones or text while driving.

Nothing is that important where you need to be texting or talking RIGHT NOW, and if it is, just pull the heck off the road.

Idiots.

Yesterday, a car almost took my right mirror off drifting into my lane passing. I saw the car lurch right which made me think he was texting and just realized how close he had come..
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
March 15th, 2019 at 1:51:33 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

They had nobody to unload their stream
of consciousness nonsense on. Ever see
somebody on the phone in the store
and listen to what they're saying, aisle
after aisle? It's nothing, it's babbling
gibberish.

That reminds me back in the mid-late '90's, before cell phones took over, when cordless phones were still all the rage. For whatever reason I was bored one day and went down an internet rabbit hole, and ended up finding out that cordless phones used a certain universal frequency between the handset and the base, and if you had a run of the mill scanner, you could listen in on people's phone conversations if you were close enough.

I thought, "This is gonna be so cool, I'm gonna snoop on everybody in my apartment complex!" I went to the store and bought a scanner, and began listening for phone conversations. It wasn't hard to find at least one conversation at any given time, but I quickly found out that HOLY CRAP YOU PEOPLE ARE BORING. People talking about grocery lists, and inane ramblings of hi....hi....what's up.... nothing.....cool.... The most interesting thing I ever came across was some 20-something year olds talking about drugs, but even that conversation was dry and boring.

I did this off and on for a couple months then got bored and sold the scanner.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
March 15th, 2019 at 2:12:51 PM permalink

That reminds me back in the mid-late '90's, before cell phones took over, when cordless phones were still all the rage. For whatever reason I was bored one day and went down an internet rabbit hole, and ended up finding out that cordless phones used a certain universal frequency between the handset and the base, and if you had a run of the mill scanner, you could listen in on people's phone conversations if you were close enough.

I thought, "This is gonna be so cool, I'm gonna snoop on everybody in my apartment complex!" I went to the store and bought a scanner, and began listening for phone conversations. It wasn't hard to find at least one conversation at any given time, but I quickly found out that HOLY CRAP YOU PEOPLE ARE BORING. People talking about grocery lists, and inane ramblings of hi....hi....what's up.... nothing.....cool.... The most interesting thing I ever came across was some 20-something year olds talking about drugs, but even that conversation was dry and boring.

I did this off and on for a couple months then got bored and sold the scanner.

If you get binoculars you can watch your neighbors having sex, too....
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
March 15th, 2019 at 2:17:39 PM permalink
Woman suing Olive garden for too hot stuffed mushroom which almost killed her. Bah. Any hot food may burn. I don't know how many times I've burned myself with hot pizza. I never decided to go shoving it down my throat if it's giving off any sort of heat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/fort-worth-woman-sues-olive-garden-after-stuffed-mushrooms-cause-severe-burns-to-throat/ar-BBUGDqU?ocid=spartanntp
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
March 15th, 2019 at 3:55:22 PM permalink
Quote: RS

If you get binoculars you can watch your neighbors having sex, too....

The first apartment I had in SB was
in a complex with a courtyard. I was
on the 2nd floor on a corner, so I
could look down into the bedroom
of the apartment on the east side.

3-4 times a week a young couple
had sex in the evening in that
bedroom. They had curtains on
bottom of the window but not
the top, so we could see everything
they did.

And they did a lot. My GF at the time