Thread Rating:

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
December 17th, 2011 at 7:53:10 AM permalink
I'd like to draw your attention to Nick's new article Gay Nightlife 101. Nick worked very hard on it, going all over Vegas to do research on it. It took him months to complete it. I'd be interested to hear comments on it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
DeadRats
DeadRats
  • Threads: 4
December 17th, 2011 at 8:05:05 AM permalink
About as informative as one could ask for. Obviously a labor of love. WELL DONE, NICK !
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
December 17th, 2011 at 10:35:33 AM permalink
I noticed on the WoV homepage it lists the article posting date as 12/16/10 instead of 12/16/11
ten2win
ten2win
  • Threads: 20
December 17th, 2011 at 6:10:24 PM permalink
I'm guessing that this site is probably >98% male.

However, to be fair Nick, what about the lesbians?

Are they welcome at any or most of these clubs? Are there any men only or female only clubs?

I ask only because in my younger days(!), there was that distinction when we would go dancing at certain gay bars. They would specifically have men's night or ladies night, kinda like salsa night or 70's night.

I ask too because we have lots of lesbians here in NM and was just curious if you had noticed.
I don't know everything but I know a lot.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
December 18th, 2011 at 7:38:06 AM permalink
No mention of the Fun Hog Ranch. Did that one go back to being straight?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
December 22nd, 2011 at 2:49:21 PM permalink
Krave has the following statement on it's website. Krave, a straight-friendly gay bar, fosters a diverse and inclusive atmosphere where all people can enjoy world-class nightlife, service and entertainment.

You should mention which places would be best to go if you have a mixed group of gays and straights.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 22nd, 2011 at 3:16:10 PM permalink
I think most of these places probably try to echo a theme of "acceptance" and no longer emblazon a "Be Gay or Be Gone" sign anymore than the police post Raided Premises signs anymore.

For awhile Pink Triangles were posted at entrances to clubs in and around Long Beach, CA to alert straights to what the situation is likely to be inside.

A Smokers Welcome bar that had a Transgendered patron depart drunk and get killed was a mecca for all sorts of Gay, Bi, Transgendered, Swinger, Whatever types and when some political office-seeker moved his headquarters nearby it started getting a straight clientele during the day. The theme is often "acceptance" but I'd think its that young girls think the gay men are good-looking though mainly it may simply be that they are non-threatening.

As always, I think Las Vegas will rue the day they opted to chase after anything but Craps, Booze and Broads. Its supposed to be a gambling mecca, not nightclubs, not gourmet restaurants, not drunken yuppies buying bottles, not drunken yuppies in pools, not rock concerts. A place to run amok but not a place to run a marathon. Why should anyone trek out to the middle of the Mojave desert to go to a nightclub, there are nightclubs that are more conveniently located to just about any place.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
December 30th, 2011 at 11:27:38 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Why should anyone trek out to the middle of the Mojave desert to go to a nightclub, there are nightclubs that are more conveniently located to just about any place.

Where should the people who live in Las Vegas go?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
August 9th, 2014 at 7:57:58 PM permalink
Wow just looking at some old threads- this is really kicking it old school
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
August 9th, 2014 at 10:04:46 PM permalink
Deleted. I'm not going to participate in this thread.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
August 9th, 2014 at 10:21:38 PM permalink
wizard of vegas is this place. DUH
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 9th, 2014 at 10:31:18 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

After reading the warning that soxfan was given I have to ask. Is this gambling related? Sure, the places mentioned are in Las Vegas but where's the gambling? Can I post anything I want as long as I throw in Vegas or the names of a few hotels?

I was very happy to see non gambling issues directed to DT. Let's see how many non gambling threads are started or discussed here in the next week or so. Are old threads exempt from the DT rule? If two people bet on something, anything at all, does that make it gambling related?

Soxfan didn't have Vegas or gambling.

I don't think just throwing those in your post will pass the test though.

If the Pope comes to Vegas I'm sure you can start a thread on it. If the Pope is busted for gambling in the Vatican you can start a post. That's how you get other topics.

Anyway, that's the way I see it until I'm advised otherwise.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
1BB
1BB
August 10th, 2014 at 4:38:33 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Soxfan didn't have Vegas or gambling.

I don't think just throwing those in your post will pass the test though.

If the Pope comes to Vegas I'm sure you can start a thread on it. If the Pope is busted for gambling in the Vatican you can start a post. That's how you get other topics.

Anyway, that's the way I see it until I'm advised otherwise.

No problem. If the Pope comes to Vegas it can always be posted about in one of the religion bashing threads. They haven't gotten much action lately since some of our top critics haven't been posting as much.

You were too quick on the draw and quoted my post as I was deleting it. The reason I deleted it is because I think one of the rules threads would be a more appropriate setting for the questions I have. I will post something there shortly.

Why doesn't this thread appear in the Recent Threads list like all others especially after all the exhaustive work and research done by Nick? Is there a subtle message here?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
August 13th, 2014 at 3:28:53 PM permalink
Haven't seen s2dbaker in a while...hope he's doing okay.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
1BB
1BB
August 13th, 2014 at 5:50:18 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Haven't seen s2dbaker in a while...hope he's doing okay.

Suspended for three days on March 22nd. Last post March 22nd. Last visit June 20th. Perhaps he didn't appreciate being suspended.
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
August 13th, 2014 at 5:53:58 PM permalink
look what I started lol
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
jamesf
jamesf
  • Threads: 0
September 19th, 2014 at 12:11:48 AM permalink
bad feel

• Threads: 29
November 2nd, 2014 at 4:28:47 PM permalink
what a gay thread
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
November 11th, 2014 at 6:55:55 AM permalink
Quote: Sonuvabish

what a gay thread

Actually, this thread is hardly gay at all. I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Seriouslyfunny
Seriouslyfunny
  • Threads: 4
April 25th, 2015 at 1:50:56 PM permalink
Great site, I was hoping I would not get kicked off cause I was gay, but then I found this thread!
LikeToe
LikeToe
  • Threads: 0
July 23rd, 2018 at 11:07:30 PM permalink
thanks for this) very interested)
  • Jump to: