Goody goody gumdrops for all
you people who have stores that
believe every story they hear and
will dole out refunds like an ATM.
I din't buy at those stores, here it's
ironclad, no receipt no refund.
Period. So I got my refund another
way. Good for me..

Like everyone else in this thread is telling you, this just isnít true.

MAYBE you couldnít at some stores if you paid cash, but otherwise they will find the transaction in their system using the card you paid with. Literally every return Iíve made at any store in the last 5 years has been with no receipt.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
May 5th, 2020 at 10:42:03 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Like everyone else in this thread is telling you, this just isnít true.

What isn't true. That the stores
I shop at have no receipt/no
return policies? Wanna bet? I'll
take pics of the signs next time
I'm in there.

You can go into your store and
they'll take your word you spent
$62.50 on bad produce? You truly
live in the land of OZ. I bought
my avocado's in a different world,
it's called no receipt/no refund.

Here's a short sample of Walmart's
return policy:

What items Cannot be returned to Walmart?

Software delivered by email (no returns, refunds or price reduction)
No returns or refunds on prepaid cellular phone cards and electronically fulfilled PINs or minutes.
Perishable items
Gift cards.
Alcohol

So even if I had the receipt at Walmart, no refund.

At the store where I bought the
avocados they have suspended
all returns because of the pandemic.
With no receipt and no items to
return anyway, it wouldn't have
mattered.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Marcusclark66
Marcusclark66
  • Threads: 1
May 6th, 2020 at 4:14:09 AM permalink
With the pandemic Wal-Mart has now changed. They added a bunch items to their, cannot return list including all clothing items, all paper goods, and more. I know, i tried with a receipt and 2stores flat out refused. Signs posted and it all started mid april. Even if it's completely sealed and wrapped in plastic such as an article of clothes for one of my children and a coloring book both items were completely sealed and wrapped in plastic they still refuse to return them because one is clothing item and the others a paper goods item. I didn't even want the money back and had a receipt showing cash 2 or 3 days earlier, I just wanted a store credit he wanted a different kind still absolutely no return.

As follows is Wal-Mart's Temp Return Policy:

"Temporary Return Policy Change

We are temporarily not processing returns/exchanges in our stores of: food, paper goods, home cleaning supplies, laundry soap, pharmacy, health & beauty and apparel.

If you need to return any item, including those above, and have a receipt, please start your return on the Walmart app or at . Itís easy and may allow you to complete your return without coming to the store.

If youíre not able to return the item online, donít worry! Once returns reopen for impacted categories, we will be extending the return period by 6 weeks for those items."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
May 6th, 2020 at 4:48:16 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I have a friend that makes a good middle class living, probably around $100k and he steals at the grocery store from the self serve checkouts. I just shake my head and can't imagine why he would do that. It disgusts me.

I had it great a few months ago. Found some candy that was like $4.99 scanning for $1! I went back day after day, buying just 1-2 units a day. I knew if they saw me buying a bunch it would attract attention. So I just played it like if you found a gaffed slot. Take a little at a time. I think I bought out the shelf.

Took them 2 weeks or so to catch on. When they did I had them void the item, they gave me half a look.

Underscans are not my problem, I do not work there.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 6th, 2020 at 4:58:02 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

people like Publix a lot.... until they shop at a Wegmans! The few times I have had to get a refund they just hand you the cash you ask for, barely even paying attention to what the problem was. But to be fair to Bob, it never approached $62. There is probably some limit ($25?) that the kid can just hand out before he has to ask for some proof.

Wegman's has grocery owners from around the world dropping by to see how they run their stores. When I moved west I realized how good I had it with them. I got lucky as the one nearest the house I bought was remodeled at the same time. A different one I shopped at was featured in a magazine (I forget which) who had them rated as best employer in the USA.

Out west it was Fry's, a Kroger brand, and a few other has-beens. It was as if you went back in time to a grocery store 20 years before. Totally 1980s.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 71
May 6th, 2020 at 6:02:00 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I had it great a few months ago. Found some candy that was like $4.99 scanning for $1! I went back day after day, buying just 1-2 units a day. I knew if they saw me buying a bunch it would attract attention. So I just played it like if you found a gaffed slot. Take a little at a time. I think I bought out the shelf.

Took them 2 weeks or so to catch on. When they did I had them void the item, they gave me half a look.

Underscans are not my problem, I do not work there.

The store I go to has a policy that if an item scans for the wrong price you get the item for free.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
May 6th, 2020 at 6:39:28 AM permalink
Probably posted this years ago. My Wegman's was remodeling and it was shortly after Halloween. They have barrels of candy that you would scoop into a bag and pay by the pound. Like Snickers, Almond Joy, Hershey's bars, etc... Meant to be given away to trick or treaters. Usually sold for $2-3 a pound. There was a sign up saying 50 cents A BAG. We filled a bag, maybe 5 pounds, expecting to pay 50 cents a pound which was still a great deal. At the checkout the girl charged us 50 cents for the entire bag! We asked her if she was sure, and she said she was, that the store was trying to get rid of the Halloween candy. I can't remember how many bags we ended up getting (5?) but when we got home we emptied them all on the dining room table where they lasted for months, and that included giving lots away to anyone and everyone.
Probably the start of my diabetes.....
standbymyman
standbymyman
  • Threads: 1
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
May 6th, 2020 at 8:23:01 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Really? You think I'm that good? Should
I move up from avocados to jewelry
stores and banks next? Make a
career out of it. Please advise me,
you opinion means so much.

Snicker..

Sure, snickers, butterfingers Ö..whatever. Buy 1, steal 24 free. Works on just about anything. Couponing at its finest.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 6th, 2020 at 8:43:57 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

The store I go to has a policy that if an item scans for the wrong price you get the item for free.

This one does, too. But who am I to question if they are having some kind of silent sale?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 71
May 6th, 2020 at 8:51:11 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

This one does, too. But who am I to question if they are having some kind of silent sale?

My point is that you probably could have got it for free instead of paying $1.
Living longer does not always infer +EV

• Jump to: