Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
April 13th, 2020 at 1:26:10 PM permalink
Wegman's this morning. All paper products available but limit 1 or 2 per customer. I bought a 500 pack of napkins. Meat/fish/poultry fully stocked. Some canned goods were either out or limited, but not a big deal. No 'regular' hand sanitizer, but it appeared there were niche ones available. Like raspberry essence ginger enhanced etc....

Was definitely less crowded than an average Monday morning. Dismal weather may have had something to do with it.

Just north of us on the way to Lake Ontario (45 minute drive) apparently the wineries are selling unlimited amounts of hand sanitizer. We drive by them usually on way to wife's parents house (on the lake). If we run out I may make the drive. I've gone through over a gallon of gas already this month.....
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
April 13th, 2020 at 2:30:20 PM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

Made in China?

No, actually the fancy organic stuff, made in America.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
April 13th, 2020 at 3:02:09 PM permalink
Finally found some paper towels, but stops in Safeway and Dollar General turned up no spaghetti,and limited sauces. Slim pickings in the meat department but pretty much everything was in stock. Limited to 75 customers at a time, and one way aisles.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
April 13th, 2020 at 5:15:36 PM permalink
Still no pasta here. Grocery has paper products, but target still doesn't. Neither had dish soap or dishwasher pods. Found both at cvs.

I gave up on finding Bisquick. No problem finding flour, baking powder, salt, or oil. So still good to go I guess.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 96
April 13th, 2020 at 6:38:27 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Still no pasta here.

I did a grocery run on Friday; they got the sauce restocked, but the only pasta still on the shelves was Orzo and Oven-Ready Lasagne.

Ironic; that's the only kind of lasagne I use, but now that I'm on a low-carb diet and haven't had lasagne in over a year, so I don't need it, that's the only thing left.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 425
April 13th, 2020 at 11:37:37 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I gave up on finding Bisquick. No problem finding flour, baking powder, salt, or oil.

Bisquick ingredients:

flour, corn starch, palm oil, baking soda, canola oil, salt, sugar

Make you own Bisquick.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
April 14th, 2020 at 1:37:02 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Bisquick ingredients:

flour, corn starch, palm oil, baking soda, canola oil, salt, sugar

Make you own Bisquick.

Shoot, EB, by the time I went and bought all that stuff, I might as well have just bought Bisquick. Cheaper, and I donít have all that leftover flour, corn starch, palm oil, baking soda, canola oil, salt, and sugar.

Your choice may be better for those who bake frequently, or eat a lot of pancakes, but thatís not us.
NO KILL I
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
April 14th, 2020 at 7:25:27 AM permalink
I read somewhere that the largest pork packaging plant is now closed because a lot of the staff got COVID-19. This might be the first 'supply chain' problem I have heard about. I have no idea if this plant does 1% of all our pork products, or 10%, or 25%. I wonder if this will be noticeable at the supermarkets?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 74
April 14th, 2020 at 7:28:00 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I read somewhere that the largest pork packaging plant is now closed because a lot of the staff got COVID-19. This might be the first 'supply chain' problem I have heard about. I have no idea if this plant does 1% of all our pork products, or 10%, or 25%. I wonder if this will be noticeable at the supermarkets?

I believe it is Smithfield and they are about 5% of the pork production.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
standbymyman
standbymyman
  • Threads: 1
April 14th, 2020 at 7:54:04 AM permalink
Quote: coilman

Stopped by the corner store last night ..... place was cleaned out.

Guy running the store said they ran out of milk Saturday afternoon even with them ordering in twice as much as they usually do for a long weekend. Said they ordered four cases of eggs so 60 dozen all gone Saturday also .... and the eggs are just over $4 a dozen. Bread not a chance. Chips and such slim pickings. Smokes many not getting their first choices .

Crazy as the prices are in there folks were saying it beats the hour long lines at the grocery stores.

Bought a dozen jumbo eggs at Walmart this morning for $1.30. Is that why no one wants to shop there?

• Jump to: