tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 31st, 2020 at 5:44:33 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

BIll, which state is this, if you don't mind me asking?

Nevada, unless he moved recently. Nevada has 1044 confirmed cases according to worldometer. I believe all the states smaller than NV have less cases as well. The numbers got off to a delayed start there, but it's beginning to spread. :(
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
March 31st, 2020 at 6:10:23 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Nevada, unless he moved recently. Nevada has 1044 confirmed cases according to worldometer. I believe all the states smaller than NV have less cases as well.

Thanks, Tring. I had thought NV already had issued such an order, so I was confused.

Quote:

The numbers got off to a delayed start there, but it's beginning to spread. :(

Don't forget that mass testing really didn't start until last week. Maybe (hopefully?) the increase in numbers indicates more/better detection and not necessarily an increased spreading of the virus.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Joeman
March 31st, 2020 at 6:34:17 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

Thanks, Tring. I had thought NV already had issued such an order, so I was confused.

Don't forget that mass testing really didn't start until last week. Maybe (hopefully?) the increase in numbers indicates more/better detection and not necessarily an increased spreading of the virus.

Bill told the forum last year he moved to Bisbee and has referenced it many times since, so without doxxing him, he's talking about AZ ,not NV.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 31st, 2020 at 7:18:34 AM permalink
Yes, Arizona. The Governor issued an executive order forbidding any local government from making stay at home orders, and keeping beauty parlors and barbershop open. Golf courses , as.well.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 55
Thanked by
tringlomane
March 31st, 2020 at 7:38:26 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Our Governor ... published a list of essential business's ... haircut, golf, nails, and doggie day care.

When everything is "essential," then a shelter-in-place order has no positive effect. Which state has a governor who embraces this casual view of "essential"?

IIRC, MS has set almost everything as essential and available during a shelter-in-place order. I discourage other states from joining MS on its exciting slide down the razor-blade of life.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 31st, 2020 at 7:58:08 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Bill told the forum last year he moved to Bisbee and has referenced it many times since, so without doxxing him, he's talking about AZ ,not NV.

My bad. I missed info on him moving. Im not here as much lately. :(
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 31st, 2020 at 8:41:58 AM permalink
Gov. Ducey gave in to bi-partisan pressure and issued a Stay in Place order last night and is open to making some adjustments to the Essential Business rosters.
Does anyone have an idea how someone can cut a person's hair or do their nails while enforcing a six foot space between them?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
March 31st, 2020 at 8:51:25 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Does anyone have an idea how someone can cut a person's hair or do their nails while enforcing a six foot space between them?

And a very steady hand! ;-)
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 55
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
March 31st, 2020 at 9:42:27 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

My bad. I missed info on him moving. Im not here as much lately. :(

Don't feel bad. How can anyone remember which city every member lives in?

I looked at Bill's profile (no city listed) before I asked him to identify his state. Babs might get a higher grade if we were all tested on where members live, but I betcha she doesn't know every member's city, even if they mentioned last year that they were moving. (Unless Babs has a crib sheet.)
  • Jump to: