Thread Rating:

redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 3
Thanks for this post from:
terapinedrxwineAussieOnceDearMission146AxelWolf
August 12th, 2019 at 8:16:10 PM permalink
I'm new here, and honestly just signed up to post my blog address (which has gotten some decent feedback from professional writers, by the way), so I don't understand the rules.

To me, an outsider, it looks as if EvenBob pulled a semi-fast one here. By quoting Maxpen, with the lines about gays being "degenerative" and lines tossing gays and pedophiles in the same bucket, but by not stating these things himself, EvenBob kept himself clean of "hate speech?" Do I have that right, or is something else going on here? If you quote hate speech, but don't originate it, it's not hate speech?

Now if those are not the rules, then I don't understand what's going on. Clearly, calling someone "degenerative" is a personal insult. So any gay people on this site should have issue with both Maxpen and EvenBob unless the rule is that quoting someone else can't be "hate speech." And clearly, labeling gays with pedos is problematic, so how is that not "hate speech?"

Let me throw this out there anyway, since Maxpen is technically wrong regarding gay behavior being "degenerative" to the human race. Ask any physical anthropologist,, or evolutionary biologist, and you'll get pushback on that because reproduction takes place on a genetic level. So it's not uncommon in human history for segments of populations, especially those under resource stress, to have siblings and cousins who are "gay" or "fluid" by U.S. circa 2019 standards to take on support or caretaking roles in families while not directly reproducing themselves. The argument can be made that they are ensuring the ongoing-ness of their genes even though they step away from direct sexual reproduction. By supporting the extended family and being caretakers, they are ensuring that their related lineages succeed. To any evolutionary biologists out there, I'm sorry if my language was clumsy, but it's been 40 years since my physical anthropology classes.

Bottom line, the whole "degenerative" stuff reads like hate speech, sounds like hate speech, and is factually wrong on a basic level. I myself don't think one should ban hate speech, but if hate speech is a no go on this forum, then somebody or somebodies did some serious contortionistic defining to avoid banning whoever said this stuff.

In respect to my acquaintance kewlJ, I'll self ban, because letting folks call gays "degenerative" is just outright wrong if you're gonna ban hate speech. I think it's funny that kewlJ, who would kill to return here, is primarily my reason for not participating. Kind of ironic.

Have a good one, folks. Babs, I salute you. OnceDear -- quick shout out. You can write. So can Mission.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
August 12th, 2019 at 8:23:54 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Um, if 3.5% of the population is LGBTQ, then it does NOT go down to 2% by eliminating lesbians.

"More specifically, 1.8 percent of men self-identify as gay and 0.4 percent as bisexual, and 1.5 percent of women self-identify as lesbian." Washington post.

It's been around 2% for decades. Interestingly,
Gallup says the average American thinks 25%
of the pop is Gay. Millennials thinks it's 30%.
That's a great job TV and movies are doing
in selling the lifestyle, they give the impression
there are literally 10-15 times more Gay people
than actually exist.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1248
August 12th, 2019 at 8:25:25 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

EB you come off as a homophobic bigot which seems par to the course because you’re a homophobic bigot. Of course the straight white male doesn’t understand intolerance...

Personal insult. I'll put you in the same cell as Romes. Anyone else care to join them?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 12th, 2019 at 8:28:44 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

Have a good one, folks.

You must not have the thread blocking
option. I block 95% of the threads here.
That way I only see what I wish to see.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 217
August 12th, 2019 at 8:29:44 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I've never
ever had a another man tell
me, hey, I like to have sex with
women.

I thought that was Trumps whole defense to why he said he likes to grab women by the p_$$y.

It was locker room talk. What straight males discuss and how they talk about liking sex with women.

Oh, wait, that whole defense was BS?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
August 12th, 2019 at 8:31:13 PM permalink
Quote: redietz

I'm new here, and honestly just signed up to post my blog address (which has gotten some decent feedback from professional writers, by the way), so I don't understand the rules.

To me, an outsider, it looks as if EvenBob pulled a semi-fast one here. By quoting Maxpen, with the lines about gays being "degenerative" and lines tossing gays and pedophiles in the same bucket, but by not stating these things himself, EvenBob kept himself clean of "hate speech?" Do I have that right, or is something else going on here? If you quote hate speech, but don't originate it, it's not hate speech?

Now if those are not the rules, then I don't understand what's going on. Clearly, calling someone "degenerative" is a personal insult. So any gay people on this site should have issue with both Maxpen and EvenBob unless the rule is that quoting someone else can't be "hate speech." And clearly, labeling gays with pedos is problematic, so how is that not "hate speech?"

Let me throw this out there anyway, since Maxpen is technically wrong regarding gay behavior being "degenerative" to the human race. Ask any physical anthropologist,, or evolutionary biologist, and you'll get pushback on that because reproduction takes place on a genetic level. So it's not uncommon in human history for segments of populations, especially those under resource stress, to have siblings and cousins who are "gay" or "fluid" by U.S. circa 2019 standards to take on support or caretaking roles in families while not directly reproducing themselves. The argument can be made that they are ensuring the ongoing-ness of their genes even though they step away from direct sexual reproduction. By supporting the extended family and being caretakers, they are ensuring that their related lineages succeed. To any evolutionary biologists out there, I'm sorry if my language was clumsy, but it's been 40 years since my physical anthropology classes.

Bottom line, the whole "degenerative" stuff reads like hate speech, sounds like hate speech, and is factually wrong on a basic level. I myself don't think one should ban hate speech, but if hate speech is a no go on this forum, then somebody or somebodies did some serious contortionistic defining to avoid banning whoever said this stuff.

In respect to my acquaintance kewlJ, I'll self ban, because letting folks call gays "degenerative" is just outright wrong if you're gonna ban hate speech. I think it's funny that kewlJ, who would kill to return here, is primarily my reason for not participating. Kind of ironic.

Have a good one, folks. Babs, I salute you. OnceDear -- quick shout out. You can write. So can Mission.

Excellent post
Thanks
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 217
August 12th, 2019 at 8:33:34 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

God Bless the USA. We're busy going back and forth about a gay thread while Argentinians are becoming the new Venezuela. They lost 30%+ in their market and currency today.

#GOTSILVER?

You are becoming the thread hijack king I see.

After hijacking the discussion thread with a gay homophobic topic you now hijack the gay homophobic topic with an argentinean currency topic
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
August 12th, 2019 at 8:39:12 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

You are becoming the thread hijack king I see.

After hijacking the discussion thread with a gay homophobic topic you now hijack the gay homophobic topic with an argentinean currency topic

I'm multi-threading.😀🙃
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 34
Thanks for this post from:
terapined
August 12th, 2019 at 8:40:13 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Personal insult. I'll put you in the same cell as Romes. Anyone else care to join them?

I totally agreed with your earlier post. I hate the existence of this thread. What's next - individual threads named after specific sex acts? Like "The Felching Thread?" Or the "Do you swallow?" thread. It would be unbearable. This kind of stuff, even dressed up as societal discussions, is not compatible with the reasons that I log on to this forum, and I'd prefer not to see these kind of threads in a gambling-centric forum.
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 12th, 2019 at 8:42:14 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

How did the word Gay even come to
mean homosexual. Never heard it in
the 60's or 70's.

But we did hear this every week:

Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet
When you're with the Flintstones