Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1184
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
May 13th, 2019 at 10:32:59 AM permalink
A bit of a change of topic, but for "race" I always check "other" and write in "human." I think because I think it's none of the government's business and I oppose gerrymandering and racial quotas, which is the main purpose of the question, as I understand it.

My question is answering this question optional, or might it get a knock on the door for an incomplete form?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 88
May 13th, 2019 at 12:44:40 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

A bit of a change of topic, but for "race" I always check "other" and write in "human." I think because I think it's none of the government's business and I oppose gerrymandering and racial quotas, which is the main purpose of the question, as I understand it.

My question is answering this question optional, or might it get a knock on the door for an incomplete form?

I ran the division in the final stages of last census and our job was to get invalid forms corrected. They didn't tell us why they were invalid, they just gave us a list if who to knock on.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 147
May 13th, 2019 at 12:59:31 PM permalink

If you leave it blank, you just wasted a couple hundred dollars as it will get kicked out, hand checked, assigned to an office who will distribute it to a supervisor who assigns it to a cheerleader to give to an enumerates who will knock on your door. If you answer the door and refuse to answer it, hopefully the person uses common sense and observes that you are white. If you don't answer the door, he should make a second and third attempt. Then they will knock on your neighbors doors and try and get the information that way. They also might consult your mailman.
All questions are optional. The more you fill out, the less likely you'll get a follow up. Much of this census is going to be conducted online so past procedures may be obsolete. Now anyone can Google a person and see their race.
The bottom line is if you don't answer voluntarily, the government will spend your tax dollars to get the answers. Consider yourself a job creator.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 12
RSdjatc
May 13th, 2019 at 6:26:56 PM permalink
The government has people getting a paycheck and not even reporting for work.
"We defeated a very corrupt establishment and we kept our promise to the American people and it is driving them crazy. Today, our movement and our country are thriving. Their fraud has been exposed and the credibility of those who pushed this hoax is forever broken. And they have now got big problems" - Your President Trump
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
RS
May 13th, 2019 at 6:37:33 PM permalink
I will be boycotting and or protesting the census in 2020. Can you just tell them to get off your lawn, or cease and desist when those nosey pro census peoples come around? I want my census monies spent on more important things, like secure borders and more permanent jobs for border patrol.
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on May 13, 2019
RS
RS
  • Threads: 59
May 13th, 2019 at 6:41:22 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

If you leave it blank, you just wasted a couple hundred dollars as it will get kicked out, hand checked, assigned to an office who will distribute it to a supervisor who assigns it to a cheerleader to give to an enumerates who will knock on your door. If you answer the door and refuse to answer it, hopefully the person uses common sense and observes that you are white. If you don't answer the door, he should make a second and third attempt. Then they will knock on your neighbors doors and try and get the information that way. They also might consult your mailman.
All questions are optional. The more you fill out, the less likely you'll get a follow up. Much of this census is going to be conducted online so past procedures may be obsolete. Now anyone can Google a person and see their race.
The bottom line is if you don't answer voluntarily, the government will spend your tax dollars to get the answers. Consider yourself a job creator.

What should SWIM do to wreak as much havoc as possible?
нет сговор. нет непроходимость. полный освобождение от ответственности.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 147
May 13th, 2019 at 7:02:39 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

The government has people getting a paycheck and not even reporting for work.

You say that as if it is a bad thing.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 88
May 13th, 2019 at 7:39:44 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I will be boycotting and or protesting the census in 2020. Can you just tell them to get off your lawn, or cease and desist when those nosey pro census peoples come around? I want my census monies spent on more important things, like secure borders and more permanent jobs for border patrol.

You certainly can but be aware that the enumerstors will then go knocking on your neighbors doors to ask the questions and to get the best possible answers
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
May 13th, 2019 at 7:46:49 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

You certainly can but be aware that the enumerstors will then go knocking on your neighbors doors to ask the questions and to get the best possible answers

Thou dost protest to that nonsense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1184
May 14th, 2019 at 2:45:36 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Thank you. Interesting. Here is the 2016 form. As mentioned, I checked "other" for question 9 and wrote in "human." I view it as my civic duty to answer the form. I plan to continue doing the same, as I think it makes the statement I'm trying to make. If the Census doesn't like it, they can contact me. Plus, to be honest, I bet anyone who has an issue with the race question is probably white anyway, and they know it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

• Jump to: